Patch added queue preferences (update: gone)

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

You can select Stronghold and/or Conquest on the pvp tab. TDM isn’t an option.

Also, the button to go into hotjoin is gone, but you can still go there from the game browser.

Edit: They reverted the change. Perhaps it was a glimpse of what the pvp tab will be like when Stronghold is out?

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

(edited by Arcadio.6875)

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

It goes away if you close and open it again it seems, must have been a mistake and anet didnt mean to add it. Either way I like the fact they added the ablility to choose what gamemode and that they got rid of the hotjoin button

in PvP

Arcadio.6875

Yeah, thought it was weird that they had an option to select Stronghold when that isn’t out yet. So it’s clear us seeing that was an error. But it’s nice to see that we will probably have that option in the future. Hopefully, there will be an option for TDM as well.

Also it looks like they might encourage people to do Unranked/Ranked rather than going to hotjoin.

Lord Arcadio

(edited by Arcadio.6875)

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Thats encouraging that they are working on the option to let us choose game modes.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

After three years they’re finally gonna remove hotjoin <3 (as the first impression of pvp atleast).

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Looks promising, but they still need to address queuing from outside of the mists.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

This is a work in progress and the UI for it made it out on accident today. We have corrected that.

Since we spilled the beans on it, I’m happy to let you know that this feature has come about from the feedback we have received from our community during our Stronghold Betas. We hope to be showing it for real in the next test we do for Stronghold.

John

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

This is a work in progress and the UI for it made it out on accident today. We have corrected that.

John

Sure

But nice change, I like it.
Thanks for responding to the feedback.

in PvP

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

After three years they’re finally gonna remove hotjoin <3 (as the first impression of pvp atleast).

Consistently. Abolish Solo Que, solo players flee in Hotjoin. Even away. Would be terrible if the premade Gankers find no more victims.

in PvP

Arcadio.6875

Nice. Definitely happy about queue preferences being an upcoming feature. There does need to be an option for TDM though. =)

Lord Arcadio

in PvP

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Since we spilled the beans on it, I’m happy to let you know that this feature has come about from the feedback we have received from our community during our Stronghold Betas. We hope to be showing it for real in the next test we do for Stronghold.

John

I really hope this means that we can chose to play one or another. If so kudos to you, very good decision. I really dont want to be forced to play conquest when i just wanna do some stronghold.

However, courtyard does neither fit into conquest nor does it fit into stronghold. Question is what is gonna happen to courtyard? We wont be able to queue for it anymore?

I really hope you give us a SEPERATE queue for courtyard aswell and maybe make it 3vs3 instead of 5vs5, because it feels more like WvW zerging atm.

in PvP

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

TDM could use more maps and yes should be 3v3 (queue-able separately)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Anyone have a screenshot of this?

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Arcadio.6875

Here’s one LordK4G3 posted on Reddit:
http://imgur.com/ICnpLOe

Lord Arcadio

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Here’s one LordK4G3 posted on Reddit:
http://imgur.com/ICnpLOe

Thanks, looks good. Although I’d like to see the inclusion of ranked solo queue, and the removal of hotjoin would only be good if you could queue while being outside hotm.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Please consider also adding the third ruleset, Annihilation (currently only Courtyard) to the filter.

When there’s capture dailies I want it out until the daily is done, and when I’m fed up with capture stuff and just want some good ’ol deathmatch I want to queue just for it too.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Good job anet. You just saved stronghold!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Although the lack of practice mode is a worry. What will you do about leavers in unranked?

How will first timers know to do hotjoin instead?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

**cough** git push --force **cough**

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

John

Wait, no more hot join? (no more practice button?)

Or you moved it on servers tab?

BTW i like this.

GJ

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

John

Thank you for listening to the community and doing this, John! That’s a great change!

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Nothing for TDM?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

cough git push —force cough

They use P4.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

please do the same for courtyard and everybody will be happy again.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Merus.9475

Merus.9475

Although the lack of practice mode is a worry. What will you do about leavers in unranked?

How will first timers know to do hotjoin instead?

Well if they turn on the leaving penalty again I imagine they’ll address that problem.

Honestly, I think the advice for first-timers to play hotjoin is part of the problem PvP has had. Hotjoin is almost always a terrible experience – it’s usually thoroughly unbalanced with lots of ganking players looking to carve their way through fresh meat.

Stronghold will probably work better as a game for players new to PvP to work out what they’re doing, because Stronghold has far less emphasis on team fights. Less to learn at once.