Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I’m pretty sure I heard the patch was today O.o

It’s the 30th.

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I don’t see these changes making warriors OP. Due to where some of the new traits are going we probably won’t be dealing insane damage. As it is warriors will need 10 in Defense and 30 in Discipline. If we want to truly shrug off movement conditions we will need to take a full set of Mel runes which means more toughness as opposed to strength. At the best being able to run a Bunker Buster might make us attractive to have on a TPvP team again. There’s simply no denying that Bunkers are currently too strong and having the ability to spec to beat them at the cost of being more damage oriented is good for the meta.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

All you need is the new signet of Might. 20/20/0/0/30 will be good enough for damage build.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Patch day yay

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

lol Sharp schools him with how to play marks. gg Grouch

K Pop

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

lol Sharp schools him with how to play marks. gg Grouch

That part was hilarious.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Patch day yay

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

All you need is the new signet of Might. 20/20/0/0/30 will be good enough for damage build.

But if you want to not still be heavily hampered by cripple and chill then you need to take 10 points out of either Strength of Arms, and that means if you have a Greatsword you have to give up one of the GS specific traits. Considering how many bunkers use conditions for their main source of damage you may want a way to keep them off you. The worst that could happen is bunkers start moving away from being purely tanky to having a bit more damage which just means the meta-game shifts from its current spot.

Just an angry old man…

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

I don’t see these changes making warriors OP. Due to where some of the new traits are going we probably won’t be dealing insane damage. As it is warriors will need 10 in Defense and 30 in Discipline. If we want to truly shrug off movement conditions we will need to take a full set of Mel runes which means more toughness as opposed to strength. At the best being able to run a Bunker Buster might make us attractive to have on a TPvP team again. There’s simply no denying that Bunkers are currently too strong and having the ability to spec to beat them at the cost of being more damage oriented is good for the meta.

• with new trait + Warriors will be able to counter cripple/chill making them unstoppable
  • Unblockable attacks + increase damage %, they will eat bunkers for lunch, and ele’s/engi for snacks

Patch day yay

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

• with new trait + Warriors will be able to counter cripple/chill making them unstoppable
  • Unblockable attacks + increase damage %, they will eat bunkers for lunch, and ele’s/engi for snacks

Thank you, because I do not think he was getting it. drop bulls charge, use sig might, sig stamina, balance stance. there you go

K Pop

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Good thing I use a Necromancer, I’m just sitting back at the moment lawling.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

Patch day yay

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Then that means the meta shifts away from bunkers, making Bunker Busters pointless. Also, something I forgot to mention is that for DPS you want 25 at least in arms for that extra damage vs. bleeding foes. You don’t HAVE to have it but losing out on 10% extra damage is noticeable. Also if we really wanted to really optimize reducing movement impairing conditions we need Mel runes which give toughness, leading to a even bigger hit to DPS even with Zerker trinkets.

We haven’t really had the ability to hard counter anybody yet, running a Bunker Buster means that we’ll probably be vulnerable to more pure glass cannons that trait for non-bunkers.

Also Interrupt, you just named 4 utilities, we’re going to have to choose which signets we want because I don’t see all signet builds becoming the Meta. We’ll always want either Balanced Stance or Endure Pain and unless Dolyak Signet becomes a stun breaker I won’t be using it. Bulls Charge as a set up will always be nice but if they make Frenzy useable again then we’ll have some big choices to make.

Just an angry old man…

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Ya, we’ll have to watch what the changes do to the game. I think that bunkers will still be viable, but I think you’ll see some new counters to them. It’ll be interesting to see what the meta does.

J

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

Patch day yay

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Ya, we’ll have to watch what the changes do to the game. I think that bunkers will still be viable, but I think you’ll see some new counters to them. It’ll be interesting to see what the meta does.

J

I appreciate you giving warriors a chance to have a role in TPvP that makes them an attractive choice to have on a team again.

Just an angry old man…

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Warriors are still vulnerable and easy to kill. so they will fit as roamers on the meta spec’ing more into glassy builds.

(edited by google.3709)

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

J

Since you are here :P
Can you explain whether dodging rtl puts it in 40 sec cd?
Also could you give us the reasons why this change was chosen and not making it affected by slows?Is there a reason why ele movement over long distances should be impacted so much so you can reduce the disengage factor in pvp?
I know the existance of a high mobility tank is too much in conquest but it doesnt seem you are giving us new toys to play either for possible ? 2 months from now

(sorry for being off topic interpret but its my character to being completely stuck in something i do not understand until i.. do)

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

RTL’s nerf makes sense.

I do wish to know, however, if eles can expect any buffs for their underpowered stuff in this patch already. I want to experiment with new stuff. Well… I suppose their signets will get better, or at least their stat signets. And air storm from the hammer/ glyph, too, if I’m not wrong?

EDIT: Interestingly enough, signet of might will work against arcane shield, but not against mist form. Well, it makes sense for the later, but poor arcane shield, won’t be reliable enough.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Patch day yay

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

RTL’s nerf makes sense.

I do wish to know, however, if eles can expect any buffs for their underpowered stuff in this patch already. I want to experiment with new stuff. Well… I suppose their signets will get better, or at least their stat signets. And air storm from the hammer/ glyph, too, if I’m not wrong?

EDIT: Interestingly enough, signet of might will work against arcane shield, but not against mist form. Well, it makes sense for the later, but poor arcane shield, won’t be reliable enough.

You seem to assume that every warrior will choose to run SoM. If they make Frenzy useable again and Bulls+Frenzy comes back and they choose SoM that means they have no stun breaker or stability, or Endure pain. I’m sure we’ll see a lot of Bunker Busters but I think a good bunker will still be able to beat a buster if they learn the signs of a spike incoming.

Just an angry old man…

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Link to patch notes por favor?

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I don’t think the patch has come out yet.

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

How does it make sense when the only problem with the eles has always been cantrips? Good luck running a berzerker now.

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

Patch day yay

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

J

JS I will show you this unstoppable beast of a warrior :p

@the 25 in arms, I have done the math and you will lose approximately 8% damage, but pick up the boon damage. It will be better because at 2 boons you will basically be doing the same damage. I will sacrifice some damage vs non boon classes to do better overall. And the bleed 10% is very short lived and is countered by the cleanse, where the crit damage is a stat and will always be there.

K Pop

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

J

Thanks for the warrior changes, really looking forward to trying them out!

BeeGee
Beast mode

Patch day yay

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

J

@the 25 in arms, I have done the math and you will lose approximately 8% damage, but pick up the boon damage. It will be better because at 2 boons you will basically be doing the same damage. I will sacrifice some damage vs non boon classes to do better overall. And the bleed 10% is very short lived and is countered by the cleanse, where the crit damage is a stat and will always be there.

That assumes your target is running a lot of boons, that’s the whole point. From what I can tell you won’t be able to be universally effective, you’ll be a Bunker Hunter but will just be “OK” against anybody not running a large amount of boons which is where you may end up missing that extra DPS. You’ll be running a counter Meta build, which may lead to bunkers changing their tactics as well, or simply knowing that a Bulls charge means a SoM fueled attack is probably coming their way.

Saying that warriors are going to be OP before the patch even comes out isn’t really logical.

Just an angry old man…

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

J

I appreciate you giving warriors a chance to have a role in TPvP that makes them an attractive choice to have on a team again.

shame thieves will still be left out…

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

J

That assumes your target is running a lot of boons, that’s the whole point. From what I can tell you won’t be able to be universally effective, you’ll be a Bunker Hunter but will just be “OK” against anybody not running a large amount of boons which is where you may end up missing that extra DPS. You’ll be running a counter Meta build, which may lead to bunkers changing their tactics as well, or simply knowing that a Bulls charge means a SoM fueled attack is probably coming their way.

Saying that warriors are going to be OP before the patch even comes out isn’t really logical.

Not even that, even using current Flanking strike or hell bountiful theft as a thief many important boons get naturally covered. A significant one? Protection or stability So against the most dominant of bunkers protection will mean less against you as a warrior traited for it, but it’ll still be significant so bunkers can still hold up against unless the other stuff coming down the pipeline is just that good. You’ll get additional damage for every boon covering protection but it won’t change it’s presence and the reality is you’re still dealing less than normal damage as a result. Similarly that bulls charge won’t mean jack against stability anyways, signet of might or not.
It should help but I’d be surprised if warriors became bunker bursters.
Against those who aren’t big on protection (an engineer) it should be nice.

I want to play with Burst mastery.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Legend.6941

Legend.6941

J

You think they will be? I don’t.

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

J

if the s/d #3 skill works out to be good they will more than have a place in the meta…

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Where are you guys getting all this info from?

Any news on whether Warrior Heals are being improved? They have by far the worst heals in the game! such long cast time and cooldowns. Compare that to thief insta cast heal and Guardian heal that blocks during cast time.

(edited by Geff.1930)

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

J

Think???? Well I hope bunkers can be viable than think :S. That doesn’t give me hope at all lol.

Thanks Jonathan
(cries in the corner mumbling versatility and diversity builds will happen one day along with the compassionate banner bug fix)

Pineapples

Patch day yay

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Don’t derail my thread to thieves. Warriors will be strong. At least I will be OP

K Pop

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

I anticipate the sandwichmancer will once again be overpowered, so sick of it!

Patch day yay

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I would love to dual que with you sandwichmancer

K Pop

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

When is patch day?

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

The 30th.

The great forum duppy.

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

HOLY FREAKING SKRITT!

ANET JUST LEAKED THE SANDWHICHMANCER! The NEW class in the expansion! I can’t wait!!!

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

HOLY FREAKING SKRITT!

ANET JUST LEAKED THE SANDWHICHMANCER! The NEW class in the expansion! I can’t wait!!!

Colin omg, I want minstrel ;(

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

J

if the s/d #3 skill works out to be good they will more than have a place in the meta…

Sure man, 1 single ability from a specific weapon set (not just main hand or off hand but BOTH HANDAS) that steals 1 boon stack and has zero burst potential will obviously grant thieves a stop on a competitive tournament team! Obviously!

Anyway… At least I’m happy for my warrior…

Patch day yay

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

The warrior’s changes are a step in the right direction, but honestly, they don’t seem to be as significant as the elementalist’s nerfs. The changes to mist form, ride the lightning and cleansing water are (in a fair way) harsh. Certainly, a warrior versus an elementalist will be a more interesting duel after the patch.

What I was worried, though, was the lack of changes to a Guardian’s bunker. They have been overkill this meta. But then I remembered that signet of might’s unblockable attacks are pretty much the guardian’s bane.

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

How about making the elementalists standard damage delaers like they were in GW1. Right now eles are waaay too tanky and they don’t deal enough damage. You should nerf their bunker skills and buff some of the damage dealing skills. Should work.

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Yay can play my fav class again warrior happy as fcuk lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

I am also getting ready for patch day! Taking a nice shower!

Attachments:

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Patch day yay

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

You can’t ignore people’s concerns about boon hate builds on offensive boon users

Boons are very powerful in this game, and they need counters. Boon stripping is fine to remove one or two boons, but something had to be done about those professions that could generate several boons every few seconds. Besides, having more diversity for boon hate is a cool thing, because in this case, you are punishing them without removing their effects, which leads to different kind of fights than with boon stripping.

Also, boon hate worked perfectly fine in GW1. It was even stronger than what this upcomming patch suggest. In GW1, mesmers could burst by removing enchantments, and necromancers could deal damage each damage enchantments would be applied. Far stronger effects, but then again, that game had healers. And those effects were eprfectly fine at countering offensive elementalists and offensive dervishes, as much as they were fine against monks.

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Boons are very powerful in this game, and they need counters. Boon stripping is fine to remove one or two boons, but something had to be done about those professions that could generate several boons every few seconds. Besides, having more diversity for boon hate is a cool thing, because in this case, you are punishing them without removing their effects, which leads to different kind of fights than with boon stripping.

Also, boon hate worked perfectly fine in GW1. It was even stronger than what this upcomming patch suggest. In GW1, mesmers could burst by removing enchantments, and necromancers could deal damage each damage enchantments would be applied. Far stronger effects, but then again, that game had healers. And those effects were eprfectly fine at countering offensive elementalists and offensive dervishes, as much as they were fine against monks.

All true, but that all applies to boons being optional. Risk vs reward and all that. For some professions, going boonless is either impossible (guardian) or very hard (elementalist, most traits cause boons). So those professions simply get 20% more damage from warriors.

Another issue with this is that it hurst glass cannon elementalists way more than bunker builds because they don’t have the protection and regeneration to lessen that extra damage. Seeing as how 90% of the eles plays bunker and Anet having stated they want to steer away from that, it seems counterintuïtive to add boon hate. In the end, the bunkers will suffer less than the non-bunkers.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

All true, but that all applies to boons being optional. Risk vs reward and all that. For some professions, going boonless is either impossible (guardian) or very hard (elementalist, most traits cause boons). So those professions simply get 20% more damage from warriors.

Another issue with this is that it hurst glass cannon elementalists way more than bunker builds because they don’t have the protection and regeneration to lessen that extra damage. Seeing as how 90% of the eles plays bunker and Anet having stated they want to steer away from that, it seems counterintuïtive to add boon hate. In the end, the bunkers will suffer less than the non-bunkers.

Warriors get a lot of buffs themselves. Just the weaker ones.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Right now I get the feeling they’re taking this as baby steps for each individual professions. As an example this patch for warriors are getting a little survivability and burst damage. Next patch they may take a look into warriors that are the bunker types such as myself regeneration warrior. This I hope and next patch will probably be for conditions setting warriors on the right path.

Of course the same thing will happen to other professions to add more flavor to the field of pvp world. It’s just going to be a slow process though for the moment.

Pineapples

Patch day yay

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

In theory, eles should be easy to kill but heavy damage dealers, while warriors should be harder to kill and do decent but not too high damage

Anet kinda reversed those roles for this game.