Patch notes / duration stacking boons

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

http://pastebin.com/sXHq6fZt

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

What about warriors trait “Inspiring Battle Standard trait”? Guardians symbols, Hallowed Ground? Rangers Healing Spring?

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

in PvP

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

who in the world are you talking to? .__.

in PvP

Posted by: Kirchhoff.5876

Kirchhoff.5876

I think it was about time they nerf guardian a bit, and this is an indirect nerf, not a huge nerf but a nerf nevertheless. it sucks for ranger and warrior tho.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

All these on a guardian didn’t really stack above 5 anyway. Guardian is the ugly brother. Buff its damage, and it just a different kind of warrior. Beduff its healing and regen (It’s power still sucks) and its now just a low hit point walk over. See you next week kids on mid point, where the guardian has remained ever since beta. You’d think they’d gotten sick of standing on the same point without moving for 1 year straight.

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

What about ranger? Only buff that stacks to the limit is regen and healing spring is going to 10 seconds with 2s regen per pulse on 2s pulses for a total of 5 stacks unless I got my math wrong. Duration is even better now. Duration still stacks, it’s just there’s only 5 in queue and if you knock off the last stack with a shortsr duration copy of the boon, well, L2P I guess.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

So will Guardian staff not stack 25 Might anymore? Huh.

Seems like an indirect buff to Mesmer ;p

in PvP

Chopps.5047

I doubt this effects might in the same way. Does it? That would be a massive change in some game modes.

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

And how did you fail to see that there were no mention or whatsoever that had anything to do with 25 stacks intensity?

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Don’t see this as a big deal really. I never seen protections stack 5+ times in a spvp. Aegis durations tacking 5 times+ not sure when this ever happened. Don’t think I’ve ever seen swiftness stack five times +. It may be a nerf to regeneration but most regenerations are quite weak probably wont be noticeable and will be fairly rare. More then 5 times really is a lot for the smaller quicker fights in spvp that rarely are greater then 3v3. This seems more of a WvWvW nerf where you have extreme buff durations.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

I doubt this effects might in the same way. Does it? That would be a massive change in some game modes.

“All duration stacking boons”

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

This is a terrible change IMO, I’m not sure if they’re actually thinking about the consequences.

There are tons of small applications of duration stacking boons.

Just take mesmer for instant using PU.

Go stealth for 3 seconds and you gain one of aegis/regen/prot about every half second or so.

Then another trait to apply more protection when you get regen.

Then another trait to apply regen when you hit 75% health.

Regen applied every 3-4 seconds from Phantasms.

Prot/Regen/Swiftness once a second from Chaos Armor.

Boons from shattering.

That’s just one example, there are TONS of small boon applications, like Ele gaining 2 seconds of Fury every time they swap atunements.

If you get 5 pulses of very small boon applications and then get hit with a large application of the same boon, does that large application just go poof?

If they wanted to tone down boons, then they should just adjust the hard duration cap for each boon, and make boons more clutch and not spammed, but hell that goes for conditions/evades and dmg in general…. so ya.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

if patch notes are true, rangers are doomed.

Just sayin

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

These patch notes are pretty mild… if that’s all it is it will make little difference to the state of the game. It doesn’t address the structural problems with pvp. The change to boom stacking duration seems odd as with so many actual problems I don’t know what that’s supposed to fix… Condi stacking remains king since spvp’s biggest problem atm (lack of counter to condi spam) isn’t addressed whatsoever. Also stop buffing mantras, none of the mesmer players I know want to play it regardless of how good it is because it’s not fun.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Let’s hope this is a fake release note. This would be a horrible idea and I’m sure ANET knows better than this.

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Also stop buffing mantras, none of the mesmer players I know want to play it regardless of how good it is because it’s not fun.

Mesmers players you know are a subset of all the mesmer population, where there might be mesmers interested in trying out some mantra build.
Changin mantra of resolve to AoE condition cleanse is not bad at all, it actually opens some viable builds for mesmers for the current meta, providing some nice support with a group cond removal. I’m definitely looking forward to try this out.

in PvP

Chopps.5047

Just sayin

How so?

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I can get my mesmer to about 50s of protection in dungeons sacrificing all direct damage and tons of condition damage then share that with my party. This is a huge nerf to the PU mesmer

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Let’s hope this is a fake release note. This would be a horrible idea and I’m sure ANET knows better than this.

A-net knows better than this?…did you not see what they did with necro last patch? What part of that to you spoke volumes of knowing better than this?

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Just sayin

How so?

take a look at healing spring nerf and vigor renewal.

Bye bye rangers.

in PvP

Posted by: JoshandSarah.5402

JoshandSarah.5402

Just a real quick note, the last post about these patch notes got locked.
And I’d just love to pause for a moment and reflect upon the line stated by the moderator “We remove threads that are speculation”.
Any decent team embraces speculation, or for that matter, KEEPS THEIR COMMUNITY UPDATED ON THEIR PATCH NOTES.
I’m sure not too many people here are WoW fans, and that’s totally fine, but look at Blizzard. Even though they’re not absolutely certain if their patch notes will hold, they keep constantly updating them with their changes as they come.
And sure, that’d be hard for them to do because their team is far inferior in size and quality especially as far as community relations, but heck, at least don’t remove the community doing your job for you.
Last time patch notes were leaked, they were very close to accurate. That means the community is putting out the notes like you should be, so we can hypothesize and reflect upon changes that may be coming.

But nononono. They lock posts that are speculation.
They lock posts that are speculation.

This team isn’t the worst, but their customer service and community interaction is rivaled by walmart.

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

Just sayin

How so?

Bye bye rangers.

Because those 2 things are what kept rangers in the game, right.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Just sayin

How so?

Bye bye rangers.

Because those 2 things are what kept rangers in the game, right.

ahahah this is a ridicolous nerf.

5 seconds less of AoE blast finishers and leap combos for the ranger to heal.

No more AoE perma vigor just from the healing skill.

Rangers already took a huge hit with last patch’s spirits nerf ( they may say as much as you want " it was a buff for team fights!!!" but it actually is a nerf to ranger overall meta role as a point defender), with this they lose SOOOOOOOOOOO much utility.

Every ranger and their mother run Healing spring just for vigorous renewal, now that it (finally) works properly i can see rangers going back to troll unguent just to get interrupted again and again.

As a ranger hater, i’m happy.

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

Woud be best change devs did to the current condition meta.

all it does is nerf burn and poison in gangupfights ( 5vs 1)
reducing the pressure of bad placed conditions in teamfights . ( answer to condi meta….)

and

It is a nerf to almost all duration stacking boons that had higher uptime then recharge. ( wish is a good thing )

Every person that cry’s about this possible change , doesn’t get what it actually gone do for pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

The boon thing doesnt even affect spvp that much.It just means no more stacking 1 hour swiftness in wvw when you have many people sharing it.
Though it prevents stackin long buffs before the game starts..But you can always not stack 2 min swiftness and mix it up with some might
It also means that if you can apply a buff that lasts more than its recharge you can reach max 5xbuff duration before you cant go higher.So if you get 7 sec of vigor every 5 sec consistenly you will end up with 35 sec of vigor and never manage to go higher

(edited by Avead.5760)