Patch ruined the balance in this game!

in PvP

Posted by: Hawk.3291

Hawk.3291

The balance of costume brawl was terrible from the start, but this last Halloween patch just completely destroyed any that was left, and wrecked the competitive costume brawl scene. Not only are the new weapons severely overpowered, but the fact that they are gem store exclusive has turned this game into a pay to win game.

The mad prince one and the witch is bad enough them self, but both are just overshadowed by the kittening executioners axe witch is the most unbalanced ting ever to enter a competitive game! Its now impossible to play game of costume brawl without someone jumping in with the axe and taking over half the health of everyone close to him with one skill, and the skill even stuns and is on a 5 sec cd!

Most hardcore costume brawlers i know of has quit this game for good now because of this, and the rest are all talking about quitting too unless this is fixed.

GG Anet you have destroyed all that is left of e sports in this game with this patch!

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

????
wat

in PvP

Posted by: Pocket.8406

Pocket.8406

I completely agree. This game is full pay to win now, I just can’t compete with these new OP costumes. Please fix the costume brawl meta.

Bowler Hat – Elementalist – WvW
Fêz – Elementalist – sPvP
[TUP] and [team]

in PvP

Posted by: Leonschiggen.1860

Leonschiggen.1860

Mad King OP. Need nerf.

Deathknight NA
twitch.tv/deznaito

in PvP

Posted by: Seregon.2187

Seregon.2187

My competitive costume brawl guild disbanded since everyone quit playing. Sad to see a top ranked guild go so quickly

Ruby Ruby Rubyyy / Lord Snickersnak
[team] Team Team Team Team Team Team
[TUP] The Unlikely Plan

in PvP

Posted by: DominicB.4821

DominicB.4821

Aren’t you a mad king user? kitten noob. less qq.

Rizadom

in PvP

Posted by: Hawk.3291

Hawk.3291

Says the kittening axe user, pls learn to play a real costume scrub!

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

You already took away my jack-a-lope form from endless mystery tonic last year for the sake of having all forums costume brawl accessible. Now you make it even more worthless in costume brawl with pay 2 win? Thanks A-net.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

i think they should add burning torment a new skill and revamp a utility to the other outfits in the same patch

in PvP

Posted by: Sequoia Mint.4803

Sequoia Mint.4803

Completely agree with this post. My game play has become much less enjoyable since the costume brawls have turn one-sided. Im a sad panda

The Big Bird
Chosen Alliance CA
Nameless Veterans NV

in PvP

Daishi.6027

Ohhhh yeahhhhh just got my costume!

Noobs need to L2Pay, and get on my level! It’s not my fault I use what wins! A-net’s job is balance not mine.

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

You bads are just horrible with your costumes, I’ve been rocking pirate since day 1 even after pirate patch. Look at my costume leaderboards. L2P

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

I spent 100 laurels on that damm kitten tonic, only to be outplayed by this constant power creep.

Talk about the usual lack of balance. Do you even costume brawl Anet!?!

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in PvP

Daishi.6027

I spent 100 laurels on that damm kitten tonic, only to be outplayed by this constant power creep.

Devs don’t care, Costume brawl has been abandoned.

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

All the top brawling teams have already quit. #costumebrawlfailedswapesports2013

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in PvP

Seregon.2187

All the top brawling teams have already quit. #costumebrawlfailedswapesports2013

We even had to cancel the Costume Brawl Invitational 2013 because of this!

[TUP] The Unlikely Plan

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

What’s ironic is that the toy axe is broken, you can use it in WvW as a free 600+ range rush on 3s cooldown when ooc…

in PvP

Posted by: richi.2731

richi.2731

yeah, pretty annoyed about this. usually i’m quite excited about the weekly costume brawl invitational, but my team’s usual comp has been completely thrown out (we normally play owl/owl/pig/cat/candy corn).

forcing the player base to play executioner/axe was a mistake and i hope they make other options viable again. the underground costume brawl scene is fragmented by this new meta and i’m hoping that the balance patch corrects this before the prestigious mlg costume brawl championship tournament event next week.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

yeah, pretty annoyed about this. usually i’m quite excited about the weekly costume brawl invitational, but my team’s usual comp has been completely thrown out (we normally play owl/owl/pig/cat/candy corn).

forcing the player base to play executioner/axe was a mistake and i hope they make other options viable again. the underground costume brawl scene is fragmented by this new meta and i’m hoping that the balance patch corrects this before the prestigious mlg costume brawl championship tournament event next week.

Quite right. I play pig in this comp and I used to be so pro at playing the roaming bunker role. But not the executioner/axe build just destroys me. What a joke. Seriously. There are serious problems when the costume brawl invitational gets cancelled. We need a hotfix. My pig build is no longer viable. And the candy corn meta is behind us now

WTF ANET YOU SAID THIS WOULD BE AN ESPORT. FML

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Seregon.2187

We thought it’d be useful to have a balanced team of tanky and damaging classes (e.g. similar to bunker guardian and dps mesmer/ele/etc. in tpvp), but currently everyone just runs full EXECUTIONERS teams. Theres no stopping them, they just spin to win!

[TUP] The Unlikely Plan

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

I dunno man, my Mad King build is still stomping everyone I come across.

in PvP

Posted by: DominicB.4821

DominicB.4821

As an executioner user I am surprised no one has learned any counters to it yet. But I guess each fotm costume comes and goes and soon it will be replaced. probably from the christmas update.

Accepting any costume brawls to prove it’s balanced.

Rizadom

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

Top tier brawlers have been running perma-stun with the frying pan since launch. They are still rolling over the current Executioner FOTM.

in PvP

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

All you guys rock ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Has anyone tried Jezza’s flametrower yet while in constume?
it’s the cog stun meta all over again.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Candy corn eles are not viable in the current costume brawl meta.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Candy corn eles are not viable in the current costume brawl meta.

I dunno. When people realise how dominant the golem can be in countering the executioner, then perhaps we can see some more candy corns coming back

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Geniekid.2645

Geniekid.2645

The real question is what is ANet going to do about all the farmers who abused the Executioner? Honestly they should have their winner crowns retroactively deleted, but I bet ANet will probably do nothing to punish them.