Path of Fire ... No PvP content?

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

The lack of any mention of PvP leads me to assume we’ll be seeing another two years of Conquest-only PvP. Are new specs really all we can expect for a five-year-old game?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

In a recent AMA they stated that sPvP and WvW content is released as it is available and is not held back for expansions.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

It is totally fine. Just playing with new elite spec should be exciting enough.

Given how they completely failed to update and support stronghold, I don’t think it is a good idea to invest in that much resource for new PvP content anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Given how they completely failed to update and support stronghold, I don’t think it is a good idea to invest in that much resource for new PvP content anymore.

Why ? The biggest part of this game envolves PvP , WvW and the PvP community make this game , this makes no sense..

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It thought it was impossible to make less than 1 PvP map for an expansion, but apparently it is possible. There goes my hopes for a true GvG mode and a competitive revolution…

in PvP

Posted by: Meteor.3720

Meteor.3720

MO: “We listen to the pvp community”

Community 5 years ago “We want competitive maps other than conquest. How about KOTH, TDM, lord rush, alliance battles?”

still waiting (We can all agreed stronghold doesn’t count)

in PvP

Posted by: Nothing.4953

Nothing.4953

We’re getting 9 new specializations. How is that not new content for PvP? It’ll take a long time for everyone to figure out what’s what again and enjoy new metas.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

It’ll take a long time for everyone to figure out what’s what again and enjoy new powercreep.

ftfy

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Why ? The biggest part of this game envolves PvP , WvW and the PvP community make this game , this makes no sense..

There are WAAAAYYYYY more PVE dedicated players than pvp/wvw players . This game is primarily a PVE game with attached pvp/wvw modes.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

The most important pvp content from HoT was the elite specs. So it sounds to me like they learned from their mistakes and just saved their resources for what really sold the expansion.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

i mean they’ve stated they release PvP content as it’s finished and there was literally just a PvP patch like a month ago, were you really hoping for another stronghold map or something?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

The first answer already explains everything, yet you keep crying, unbelievable

in PvP

offence.4726

There are WAAAAYYYYY more PVE dedicated players than pvp/wvw players . This game is primarily a PVE game with attached pvp/wvw modes.

Hahah PvE dedicated players ?? Doing what , Dungeons failed pre-hot and outside Living story and griding mats for making nothing but shiny weapons what do you have left ? Fractals ? be srs dude

Do you have any idea of how many players run WvW atm ? Just look at the PvP lobby’s all the juice is inside there. Everyone else left is afking by the Auction House. clueless

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Hahah PvE dedicated players ?? Doing what , Dungeons failed pre-hot and outside Living story and griding mats for making nothing but shiny weapons what do you have left ? Fractals ? be srs dude

Do you have any idea of how many players run WvW atm ? Just look at the PvP lobby’s all the juice is inside there. Everyone else left is afking by the Auction House. clueless

PVE players happily PVP and WVW, the 3 are not mutually exclusive.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in PvP

offence.4726

PVE players happily PVP and WVW, the 2 are not mutually exclusive.

Nah PvE players usually never delve into a PvP enviroment they avoid it like the plague. Next try !

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Posted by: Swink.5172

Swink.5172

Well, No PvP content = no purchase from my side. I put my time & money elsewhere since pvp is a main focus for me but clearly not for Anet, never have been and never will be.

+ the new elite specs IMO from the first presentation, not all to hyped about it. Mesmer, warrior and Engi seemed cool but. Yea we’ll see. I’m just really concerned about the balance. I’d hate to see the new specs being far stronger than everything previous. Forcing us to play it.

(edited by Swink.5172)

in PvP

Posted by: Swink.5172

Swink.5172

i mean they’ve stated they release PvP content as it’s finished and there was literally just a PvP patch like a month ago, were you really hoping for another stronghold map or something?

If I am to give them more money and keep spending time here. Yes I expect something..
Welcome to the general idea of selling and buying something.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

They have stated outright that they do not hold WvW/PvP updates for expansions. They release them as they become available.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Well, No PvP content = no purchase from my side. I put my time & money elsewhere since pvp is a main focus for me but clearly not for Anet, never have been and never will be.

+ the new elite specs imo. Boooring and just feels like the pushed what ever crap someone could come up with, having that guy saying “I think this is cool” over and over in the video did not make me think its “cool”. Sorry Anet but. Bad try.

Yeah? And you saying it’s going to be boring before you’ve even tried it carries even less weight. In every case they clearly made an attempt to drastically alter the class mechanics with these new specs.

This is not more of the same. It could still turn out to be terrible, especially where power creep is concerned. But there’s no way to tell any of that from the video provided. Personally, I think it deserves a chance. If nothing else, it will bring something very new and different to each class. What more could you want as a starting off point for a new specialization?

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

In a recent AMA they stated that sPvP and WvW content is released as it is available and is not held back for expansions.

I suppose that makes sense, given that the content isn’t gated behind an expansion in the first place.

I still think it’s important to keep your player base informed of what to expect, however. The WvW updates and automated tournaments were a nice fresh coat of paint on preexisting content, but it’s still the same alpine maps we’ve had since 2012, and we’re still fighting on Legacy and Forest in PvP.

I guess I just find it disappointing there’s nothing to really look forward to aside from the new elite specializations.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Don’t worry you will get new op specializations if it is anything like the previous expansion.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You get your yearly balance patch lol. That is the pvp content.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It thought it was impossible to make less than 1 PvP map for an expansion, but apparently it is possible. There goes my hopes for a true GvG mode and a competitive revolution…

Dude they released their last “competitive” (their definition) map in september 2012. They only just added new maps back to pvp after that in 2017. So they went 3 years with no new maps

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

We’re getting 9 new specializations. How is that not new content for PvP? It’ll take a long time for everyone to figure out what’s what again and enjoy new metas.

It will take a week at most to work out the broken specs. Then pvp will suck for the next 3 months until anet finally nerf those things. Then pvp will be semi-bad due to the power creep.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

It will take a week at most to work out the broken specs. Then pvp will suck for the next 3 months until anet finally nerf those things. Then pvp will be semi-bad due to the power creep.

We still haven’t figured out all the builds we could make with the HoT elite specs.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

We still haven’t figured out all the builds we could make with the HoT elite specs.

You might not have. I had worked them out the first day I played the game

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

LOL of course we did. But nobody played or talked about the bad attempts, so 2 years later the forum finds the garbage ones because people are 2 years behind. That’s not what “new” is. GW2 build crafting is very limited, there is nothing to discover.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Got a bunch of new broken OP elites to play with.

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

My build literally hasn’t changed since Celestial amulet was removed from the game. Engineer has pretty much been stuck with running two gyros and the elixir gun since Heart of Thorns came out. The only utility skill that was even remotely competitive (Slick Shoes) was subsequently nerfed into the ground.

You CAN theoretically run Adaptive Armor with double elixirs over gyros, but it’s just a lesser setup.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Community 5 years ago “We want competitive maps other than conquest. How about KOTH, TDM, lord rush, alliance battles?”

Didn’t they do KOTH and TDM? They just released a new map not long ago which is 3v3 I think? And they also updated Courtyard to be a KOTH map?

still waiting (We can all agreed stronghold doesn’t count)

Why shouldn’t we look at what happened with stronghold?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

LOL of course we did. But nobody played or talked about the bad attempts, so 2 years later the forum finds the garbage ones because people are 2 years behind. That’s not what “new” is. GW2 build crafting is very limited, there is nothing to discover.

Not true at all. My Mesmer build that I’ve been running in PvP has led me to Rank 6 and I doubt any of you have heard about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

The lack of any mention of PvP leads me to assume we’ll be seeing another two years of Conquest-only PvP. Are new specs really all we can expect for a five-year-old game?

Both WvW and PvP are ded parts of the game; they are trying to stop the gangrene to reach other parts to prevent a peritonitis. For the moment both are still attached to the body (but isolated by tourniques like lack of gains/incentives), but further amputations can’t be discarded…

in PvP

Posted by: tmc.7254

tmc.7254

This expac is a paid balance patch for pvpers LMAO

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

1. PvP players will have to buy the expansion like everyone else, not because of PvE content with new maps, but because new builds that will be more powerful. If PoF would be like HoT in PvP efficiency, then it will not sell, and we all know the game has to sell.

2. Right now the game is well balanced and all it’s PvP concepts are in harmony; it’s a true eSport by all means, therefore any new game modes and new PvP maps are not necessary. Such plans for PvP would only consume time and energy with design, instead of providing players with a more comfortable way of traveling, like mounts.

3. PvP is not as attractive as PvE. Most players like to play PvE and they are the ones who actually buy many gems. PvE is the area to focus because is the area of interest for majority of players.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

Both WvW and PvP are ded parts of the game

And why do you think they’re dead?

Because they’ve barely supported them for years on end. This expansion was ArenaNet’s last chance for a lot of players, and I’m not sure what they’re offering is enough.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

many of the new skills look so clusterkitten i cant even imagine..

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I don’t have much confidence in PvP. I think overpowered elite specs will be released again to hype up the expansion. They’ll be OP by design. But then again…who knows? Maybe ANet will surprise us.

I WILL say this. I’m staying away from PvP. I’m not getting suckered a second time.

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

I am pvper in gw2 since I dont like its lore I like wows lore and pve or age of conan pve…..so pve content is nothing for me in this xpax so basically only thing pvpers get are new elites for 30 euros…..I am out to wow cya all