Path of the Ascension I?

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Posted by: Cross Atu.9140

Cross Atu.9140

Q:

Am I misreading this somehow, or is it perhaps a bug?
Currently the only requirement I have left before completing Path of the Ascension I is Daily League Participator – Recruit which can only be advanced one step per day and has 15 steps. I’m somewhat newer to the game so maybe I’m reading this wrong but from the looks of it this requires 15 days of play (so until about the 14th of Dec, while this round of League only lasts until Jan 25th) before you are able to complete this achievement required to advance beyond step 1 of 4 in the Path of Ascension progression.

Currently almost everything in the other three sections displays as locked giving the impression that I cannot progress in any of them regardless of my performance until I pass this 15 day time gate. Is this perception accurate? If so could anyone shed some light as to why this was chosen as a game mechanic?

Thanks in advance for any insight

EDIT: Just to be clear my primary goal here is to understand so I can properly project/plan a path to completion (or realize I don’t have the time/skill to reach completion yet). In other words my question seeks information, it is not intended as a commentary on the system.

(edited by Cross Atu.9140)

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Looks time gated to me. The same thing is in Path to Ascension II.

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Cross Atu.9140

Again please link me a correction if I am in error here but if that 15 day time gate stands, and is per level that’s a 60 day requirement for full completion and with the season ending Jan 25th it only contains 56 days.

Even if we only address the first three instances of this time gate that’s still 45 days, which is of course more doable but the real pain point here is not that you can’t finish the meta achievement in under 15 days per step, but that you can’t even begin to work on the majority of sub-categories until then thus preventing you from getting credited for anything you’ve done before the time gate opens.

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

You are free to spend at the merchants to advance the higher tiers xD, but it appears as though the actual match play based portion is time gated.

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

The first 2 tiers are gated behind 15-day intervals.
The final 2 tiers have an achievement instead that requires you to get a ton of top player awards from what I can tell. (my bunker ele will enjoy these ones for sure)

It’s made in such a way that people who play an awful lot and are really good at the game can complete the item during one season. Your question has already been answered by a red post somewhere in this forum: The meta achievement is not specific to this particular ranked season. Instead, it will apply to all pvp seasons of the coming year, so people will have 4-5 seasons to complete their ascension.

Now there is one flaw, I’d like to point out: The number of required division advances increases. Tier 2 requires you to advance by 2 divisions and so no. Someone, who will never get better than diamond but plays so much, he reaches diamond during the first 15 days will have a hard time making the 2 division advances required for the next meta achievement in that same season. But next season he will probably be able to complete 2 or even the remaining 3 meta achievements.
I really do hope, those work retroactive during a season, but I am afraid, they do not.
So maybe the conclusion about someone who plays an awful lot being able to get it during one season is wrong. Maybe it needs to be someone who plays just enough to keep advancing the meta achievement.

On the other hand, someone who competes at the very top tier will probably have no problems finishing it in one season.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Now there is one flaw, I’d like to point out: The number of required division advances increases. Tier 2 requires you to advance by 2 divisions and so no. Someone, who will never get better than diamond but plays so much, he reaches diamond during the first 15 days will have a hard time making the 2 division advances required for the next meta achievement in that same season. But next season he will probably be able to complete 2 or even the remaining 3 meta achievements.

the division advancement achievement in the meta is not locked behind the time-gate, only behind having done the one in the previous meta so this is a non-issue (on the other hand though if you don’t complete the 2 division crossings before the end of the second 15 days the third meta likely won’t unlock)

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

the 15 day achi, how is the wording, must we play 15 days in a row 3 matches daily to complete it?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Cross Atu.9140

the 15 day achi, how is the wording, must we play 15 days in a row 3 matches daily to complete it?

Text is “Increments each day after playing 3 ranked matches”
and there are 15 total increments to finish it.

The first 2 tiers are gated behind 15-day intervals.
The final 2 tiers have an achievement instead that requires you to get a ton of top player awards from what I can tell.

I’m not sure this is accurate, there are 15 day achievements at every one of the four path of ascension levels. Note how path of ascension 4 lists "daily league participator elite as one of it’s requirements, thus unless the number of days within the participator category in the last two steps (3 and 4) is lower than in the first two steps it’ll require 60 days minimum to complete all four levels.

(edited by Cross Atu.9140)

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

you have to do 60 dailies , the legendary is not meant to be done in one season, if you read the patchnote the gift of fortune for the ascension is not implemented yet. The achievement is named year of the ascension that would mean we have one year to do it so several seasons.

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Cross Atu.9140

Link please?
I’m fairly new to the game/forums so I may not know where everything is but I’ve been trying to keep apprised of events by reading the launcher, checking announcements here etc, can you point me to what I’ve missed?

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Ok wow this thread is full of so much disinfo

The back piece can NOT be made in a single season, the gift if fortune IS in the game, its the same one used for all legendarys.

Some of the achievements in each tier can be done at any time during the league such as the mist essence ones and the crossing divisions ones.
All the other achievements cant be done until you have completed the previous meta achievement

So minimum you will need to play a total of 60 days during league seasons, but the real time sensitive requirement is the crossing divisions achievements, for these you will need to cross a total of 10 divisions, so if anet is going to remove the achievements after a year as they have been indirectly implying, then you need to hit ruby at least twice and saph or higher during 4 seasons to cross enough divisions in time

Path of the Ascension I?

in PvP

Cross Atu.9140

Ok wow this thread is full of so much disinfo

The back piece can NOT be made in a single season, the gift if fortune IS in the game, its the same one used for all legendarys.

Some of the achievements in each tier can be done at any time during the league such as the mist essence ones and the crossing divisions ones.
All the other achievements cant be done until you have completed the previous meta achievement

So minimum you will need to play a total of 60 days during league seasons, but the real time sensitive requirement is the crossing divisions achievements, for these you will need to cross a total of 10 divisions, so if anet is going to remove the achievements after a year as they have been indirectly implying, then you need to hit ruby at least twice and saph or higher during 4 seasons to cross enough divisions in time

I could see how all of that fits together, thanks for the reply.
Any chance there’s a link to this information so I can read up and reference it myself in future?