Pax Prime and Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

This however can be cleared up by a legal team and is not by any margin difficult to execute.
(so sir please don’t speak in ignorance, if you don’t understand much about the matter its best not to say anything at all. Thank you.)

Its I however don’t know everything behind the scene’s …

You can have many preferences, but I don’t personally care; especially after you just got done chastising someone else for doing the same thing.

In reference to the budget, and not the legal issues, which is the topic of discussion.

but then again you personally don’t care, so I can’t expect you to think before posting, right ?

I personally don’t care of your preferences. I guess it’s to much to ask for you to read. You’re such a hypocrite. You chastise someone for speaking on matters they are not fully informed and yet there you are, playing amateur attorney. Not to mention, you’ve always been one of the first to say, “give them time to fix it” yet when it effects you; you’re front and center with the pitchfork.

I suppose there is always someone who has to make the forums unpleasent, I chastised someone because they stated 3-4 incorrect facts based on no information.
All I did was explain that the problem has a solution.

I am also not effected by this issue, I thought I was but all that was clarified, I am doing this because it is unfair that these people who has spent so much time playing this game and trying to be competitive at it, are shut out and not even being given a chance, to play, when they have worked so hard for it.
It is also unfair for the teams that have to leave behind team mates because they are not able to attend, it is very unfair that these sort of sanctions are impossed on these teams and players, right before the event they have been working so hard for.

So you admit to chastising someone yet you say I’m the one making things unpleasant…

Now that you have clarified that this no longer effects you, I’ll safely assume you will bow out of this “fix it or I quit” mentality.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

let’s get over it, there are many top teams that won’t be at PAX, so i say we hold a in-house tourney. Lets hope we can get this rolling, rather sick hearing EU “think” there the best cause our NA team failed hard.

I agree.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

This however can be cleared up by a legal team and is not by any margin difficult to execute.
(so sir please don’t speak in ignorance, if you don’t understand much about the matter its best not to say anything at all. Thank you.)

You can have many preferences, but I don’t personally care; especially after you just got done chastising someone else for doing the same thing.

In reference to the budget, and not the legal issues, which is the topic of discussion.

but then again you personally don’t care, so I can’t expect you to think before posting, right ?

I personally don’t care of your preferences. I guess it’s to much to ask for you to read. You’re such a hypocrite. You chastise someone for speaking on matters they are not fully informed and yet there you are, playing amateur attorney. Not to mention, you’ve always been one of the first to say, “give them time to fix it” yet when it effects you; you’re front and center with the pitchfork.

I suppose there is always someone who has to make the forums unpleasent, I chastised someone because they stated 3-4 incorrect facts based on no information.

I am also not effected by this issue, I thought I was but all that was clarified, I am doing this because it is unfair that these people who has spent so much time playing this game and trying to be competitive at it, are shut out and not even being given a chance, to play, when they have worked so hard for it.
It is also unfair for the teams that have to leave behind team mates because they are not able to attend, it is very unfair that these sort of sanctions are impossed on these teams and players, right before the event they have been working so hard for.

So you admit to chastising someone yet you say I’m the one making things unpleasant…

Now that you have clarified that this no longer effects you, I’ll safely assume you will bow out of this “fix it or I quit” mentality.

I replyed to someone who completely spoke out of ignorance, and asked him not to come and make incorrect assumptions and also provided knowledge behind why he is incorrect.
You on the other hand just put in a sarcastic comment that was completely pointless and brought nothing to the argument, so please don’t pair me and you in the same boat.

My issue was cleared up yesterday; I don’t care about the fact that I am fine to go, there are a lot of people that I consider friends who have worked very hard to try and get to the point where they can attend a lan event, so I will continue to try and support the idea that the event can’t have these sort of restrictions.

Regarding the “fix it or I quit” is obviously a very inaccurate and shallow way of putting it, but through out our conversation on this forum its quiet apparent that it follows your posting format (as little thought put behind it as possible).
I will not continue to play, if I become a hinderance to my team or any other team trying to play the game at high a level, because I will not be able to attend live events, therefore I would rather not play at all.
Sure you can make it like I made some sort of a childish threat, like Arenanet cares if I leave the game or not.

I would just recommend that you drop this argument and move on, because its a waste of my time as much as it is yours.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

I replyed to someone who completely spoke out of ignorance, and asked him not to come and make incorrect assumptions and also provided knowledge behind why he is incorrect.
You on the other hand just put in a sarcastic comment that was completely pointless and brought nothing to the argument, so please don’t pair me and you in the same boat.

My issue was cleared up yesterday; I don’t care about the fact that I am fine to go, there are a lot of people that I consider friends who have worked very hard to try and get to the point where they can attend a lan event, so I will continue to try and support the idea that the event can’t have these sort of restrictions.

Regarding the “fix it or I quit” is obviously a very inaccurate and shallow way of putting it, but through out our conversation on this forum its quiet apparent that it follows your posting format (as little thought put behind it as possible).
I will not continue to play, if I become a hinderance to my team or any other team trying to play the game at high a level, because I will not be able to attend live events, therefore I would rather not play at all.
Sure you can make it like I made some sort of a childish threat, like Arenanet cares if I leave the game or not.

I would just recommend that you drop this argument and move on, because its a waste of my time as much as it is yours.

I just want to be clear, you feel it’s ok for you to do it, but not ok for someone to do it to you? Last I knew, you didn’t work for A-net and were NOT privy to all the information. So, you were/are just as ignorant. The only difference is that you feel you’re above other people and that is substantiated by your past posts as well.

Regarding the fix it or quit it comment. You can dress it up all you want, the fact is you stated that if they didn’t correct their course of action you would no longer play competitively. That’s blatantly a fix it or I’m quitting comment.

(edited by Pyriall.5027)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Right it’s obvious your quiet daft, as I stated above when I did I at least replied with some knowledge behind my post instead of flat sarcasm as you did, if your going to go out of your way to be sarcastic, at least provide some knowledge behind why I am wrong, instead of making a non-sense post.
I am also a potential partcipant and the issue effected me directly, and my issue was resolved thus I have a lot more information about whats going on then you do, and I am not basing my information on nothing.

You are obviously completely deluded if you think that I would attempt to threaten Arenanet by saying that I would quit playing, please go back and read my post, and if you want to make a personal assumption that I was threatening Anet then please go ahead, its flattering that you think that it even matters.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Right it’s obvious your quiet daft, as I stated above when I did I at least replied with some knowledge behind my post instead of flat sarcasm as you did, if your going to go out of your way to be sarcastic, at least provide some knowledge behind why I am wrong, instead of making a non-sense post.
I am also a potential partcipant and the issue effected me directly, and my issue was resolved thus I have a lot information about whats going on then you do, and I am not basing my information on nothing.

You are obviously completely deluded if you think that I would attempt to threaten Arenanet by saying that I would quit playing, please go back and read my post, and if you want to make a personal assumption that I was threatening Anet then please go ahead, its flattering that you think that it even matters.

Facts? The facts are you don’t know everything, so you are just as ignorant.

Secondly, what was the purpose of telling them to fix it and volunteering you wouldn’t play competitively if they didn’t? I mean, were you trying to relay that information to your teammates?

You always try to play this high horse nonsense with people. You’re the one who started in on someone. And yes I did make a sarcastic post, because your attitude is infuriating.

I also want to point out that your issue was already fixed, yet we didn’t see any mention from anyone at A-net as to why you are able to play and others are not. Curious.

(edited by Pyriall.5027)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

I am also a potential partcipant and the issue effected me directly, and my issue was resolved thus I have a lot information about whats going on then you do, and I am not basing my information on nothing.

Secondly, what was the purpose of telling them to fix it and volunteering you wouldn’t play competitively if they didn’t? I mean, were you trying to relay that information to your teammates?

You always try to play this high horse nonsense with people. You’re the one who started in on someone. And yes I did make a sarcastic post, because you’re attitude is infuriating.

Actually I think its more so that you have a bone to pick with me on a personal basis, because you are not objective what so ever, but then again there are a lot of people like you around these forums.

The reason I would leave playing competitively was because of issue like these region problems are going to occur and I might be a target of them again in the future then I would rather bow out now and not risk my team going through the same issues once again, this is an issue between myself and my team and has nothing to do with you.

The reply was to someone who obviously posted without any information on the matter, claiming that the event was not being organised by arena net but by pax or another sponsor, which is infact not the case, and that information is very well known; pax is the venue in which the event is going to be held and that is very general information that everyone has access to, but then again when people like yourself are not objective and just reply back on pure emotion, then the point is lost.

I don’t even think this is the first time you have infected one of my posts, but please feel free to chase me around these forums if it brings some sort of validation to yourself.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

(edited by Xeph.4513)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

can errbody stop fighting about the legal issues or whether or not ANET has their heads in their rears? We are finally having a legitimate sponsored ESports full on tournament… no matter how you slice it or try to analyze it this is a good thing and will grow the community.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

You always try to play this high horse nonsense with people. You’re the one who started in on someone. And yes I did make a sarcastic post, because you’re attitude is infuriating.

Actually I think its more so that you have a bone to pick with me on a personal basis, because you are not objective what so ever, but then again there are a lot of people like you around these forums.

The reason I would leave playing competitively was because of issue like these region problems are going to occur and I might be a target of them again in the future then I would rather bow it now and not risk my team going through the same issues once again, this is an issue between myself and my team and has nothing to do with you.

The reply was to someone who obviously posted without any information on the matter, claiming that the event was not being organised by arena net but by pax or another sponsor, which is infact not the case, and that information is very well known; pax is the venue in which the event is going to be held and that is very general information that everyone has access to, but then again when people like yourself are not objective and just reply back on pure emotion, then the point is lost.

I don’t even think this is the first time you have infected one of my posts, but please feel free to chase me around these forums if it brings some sort of validation to yourself.

I don’t have a bone to pick with you personally, I don’t even know you…Him/her posting on the matter without all information different than you how?

Again, what was the point of saying you would quit competitively because it effects you? If it effects you and you feel that strongly about it, you just stop playing. There is no other purpose to post it on the forums other than as was previously described.

Chase you around the forums? I see…I see…you’re THAT guy. You think that you matter to other people because you play a game? I don’t even know you, I didn’t give you 1 second of thought before I read that post. So by all means, if being an kitten to people is how YOU wish to validate your non-existence, please continue.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

The reason I would leave playing competitively was because of issue like these region problems are going to occur and I might be a target of them again in the future then I would rather bow it now and not risk my team going through the same issues once again, this is an issue between myself and my team and has nothing to do with you.

I don’t have a bone to pick with you personally, I don’t even know you…Him/her posting on the matter without all information different than you how?

Again, what was the point of saying you would quit competitively because it effects you? If it effects you and you feel that strongly about it, you just stop playing. There is no other purpose to post it on the forums other than as was previously described.

Chase you around the forums? I see…I see…you’re THAT guy. You think that you matter to other people because you play a game? I don’t even know you, I didn’t give you 1 second of thought before I read that post. So by all means, if being an kitten to people is how YOU wish to validate your non-existence, please continue.

I seem to matter to you now, you’ve gone through this whole effort, but then hypocrites right ?

I also mentioned that I would stop playing competitvely, to outline the implacations that these sort of barriers would have on competitive players, I am pretty sure other people in this thread have also expressed the same train of thought, as the devs have previously mentioned before, they do read the forums, and it would help if they understood how this was effecting the community (I thought that this would be more obvious), but yea this seems to matter to you a lot, which I fail to understand as why, because as you previously mentioned I am insignifcant, so why are you so keen on bringing this point up.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

I seem to matter to you now, you’ve gone through this whole effort, but then hypocrites right ?

I also mentioned that I would stop playing competitvely, to outline the implacations that these sort of barriers would have on competitive players, I am pretty sure other people in this thread have also expressed the same train of thought, as the devs have previously mentioned before, they do read the forums, and it would help if they understood how this was effecting the community (I thought that this would be more obvious), but yea this seems to matter to you a lot, which I fail to understand as why, because as you previously mentioned I am insignifcant, so why are you so keen on bringing this point up.

Others have gotten their point across as to how this would effect the community and they didn’t do it by posting a fix or I’ll quit post. Why do I keep bringing it up? Because you are trying to deny that it was the point of the post, knowing that was the only reason to bring it up. (I thought that was pretty obvious, but daft people you know?)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

I personally will be leaving the competitive guildwars scene if worst comes to worst, and this won’t be because I hold any resentment to Arena Net, but in fear that this could happen again in the future and that I would be an obstacle for my team; because hey lets face it potentially the region restriction could remain for the next coming tournaments and I have no way of knowing if it will or won’t, so the safer option would be to assume that it would remain.

Quote on quote, what I typed regarding leaving, but yes sir it was a threat to Arenanet I expect they are currently scrambling to change the region restrictions in fears that I am leaving the guildwars 2 scene.

As I stated before I don’t think Arenanet care if I continue playing this game or not, the fact that you think the objective of my post was to threaten Arena net is purely ludacris, but then again daft people no ?

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

I personally will be leaving the competitive guildwars scene if worst comes to worst, and this won’t be because I hold any resentment to Arena Net, but in fear that this could happen again in the future and that I would be an obstacle for my team; because hey lets face it potentially the region restriction could remain for the next coming tournaments and I have no way of knowing if it will or won’t, so the safer option would be to assume that it would remain.

Quote on quote, what I typed regarding leaving, but yes sir it was a threat to Arenanet I expect they are currently scrambling to change the region restrictions in fears that I am leaving the guildwars 2 scene.

As I stated before I don’t think Arenanet care if I continue playing this game or not, the fact that you think the objective of my post was to threaten Arena net is purely ludacris, but then again daft people no ?

If you had such conviction you would have just left, there was no need to post that other then to try and leverage (as little children often do) your position. Threatening companies to quit…conceited people no?

And how are you able to get past the region restriction? Others would possibly benefit, why don’t you share that instead of your snotty comments to people?

in PvP

Xeph.4513

If you had such conviction you would have just left, there was no need to post that other then to try and leverage (as little children often do) your position. Threatening companies to quit…conceited people no?

And how are you able to get past the region restriction? Others would possibly benefit, why don’t you share that instead of your snotty comments to people?

As I said in the above post which you obviously failed to read or understand, but as I said before you seem to neglect actually reading posts before replying to them, so I am going to requote the above post to you yet again. I personally will be leaving the competitive guildwars scene if worst comes to worst.
I hope that, that clears a lot for you, I never said I was leaving, nor had I confirmed the fact that I will be, I just state that if things got dire, that I would leave in order to ensure my team never has any future troubles.
As I said previously it was never for to threaten Arenanet, and as you can read (hopefully) I never said that I will be leaving.

I got past them through personal matters, that I would rather not discuss on the forums, but if this will comfort people, Arena Net did say that they are going to provide additional information that will help clarify a large bulk of these problems, later on.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

Regardless of how you feel about Xeph personally, his point is true. The situation he describes is something that players on competitive teams that are barred from competing are having to make a decision on, to try to keep playing and hope that the restrictions are changed, or leave and let your team find someone that can meet the restrictions so that they don’t have to do what they’re doing now, scrambling to find a new player.

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

As I said in the above post which you obviously failed to read or understand, but as I said before you seem to neglect actually reading posts before replying to them, so I am going to requote the above post to you yet again. I personally will be leaving the competitive guildwars scene if worst comes to worst.
I hope that, that clears a lot for you, I never said I was leaving, nor had I confirmed the fact that I will be, I just state that if things got dire, that I would leave in order to ensure my team never has any future troubles.
As I said previously it was never for to threaten Arenanet, and as you can read (hopefully) I never said that I will be leaving.

I got past them through personal matters, that I would rather not discuss on the forums, but if this will comfort people, Arena Net did say that they are going to provide additional information that will help clarify a large bulk of these problems, later on.

All you keep doing is reiterating the, “fix it or I’ll quit sentiment”. You can dress that up all you want.

I think it’s great that you have ways of accessing and getting answers from Anet that others don’t.

And to Shan, I never said people don’t have valid complaints. As a matter of fact they are all valid, my issue is with how this guy thinks he can crap on someone and believes it’s ok for him to do it, but others not to do it back to him.

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

All you keep doing is reiterating the, “fix it or I’ll quit sentiment”. You can dress that up all you want.

I think it’s great that you have ways of accessing and getting answers from Anet that others don’t.

And to Shan, I never said people don’t have valid complaints. As a matter of fact they are all valid, my issue is with how this guy thinks he can crap on someone and believes it’s ok for him to do it, but others not to do it back to him.

There’s nothing wrong with the ‘fix it or i’ll quit’ stance in response to this sort of an announcement. In fact, I’d love to see more of them. That being said, Xeph was merely demonstrating his own stance towards all of this and none of that ‘crap on someone’ business was going on. As mentioned by someone else, it seems that you’re going out of your way, off topic, just to bad mouth the guy. Let’s go back to the topic of Pax Prime rather than your personal grudges, please.

That being said, I’ve mentioned many times that ANet really has to turn up the notch when it comes to transparency. It seems that now is the most or else what’s left of the tPVP world (~10 teams, which is embarrassing for a game that promised e-sports) will be gone as well.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Let me clarify your the one that keeps bringing it up, and when proven wrong then you just resort to saying that I am dressing it up; as I said it’s obvious that this is personal to you, but go ahead lol try and find some sort of self validation through making assumptions about my intentions.
I am very sure that the english in that post is very clear and I do mention that if restriction are going to be a persisting thing, then I would stop playing competitvely, as would a lot of other players as also mentioned by shan.

You are the one who made it his personal mission, and I don’t recall taking a crap on anyone, nor that op of the post feeling offended or expressing that I was out of line, but since you feel like being a vigilante, then go ahead.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Let me clarify your the one that keeps bringing it up, and when proven wrong then you just resort to saying that I am dressing it up; as I said it’s obvious that this is personal to you, but go ahead lol try and find some sort of self validation through making assumptions about my intentions.
I am very sure that the english in that post is very clear and I do mention that if restriction are going to be a persisting thing, then I would stop playing competitvely, as would a lot of other players as also mentioned by shan.

You are the one who made it his personal mission, and I don’t recall taking a crap on anyone, nor that op of the post feeling offended or expressing that I was out of line, but since you feel like being a vigilante, then go ahead.

You’re not proving anything wrong. The purpose of your post was to convince them to change what they are doing. That’s exactly what I said it was and that was the intention of it. You keep trying to dress it up as something entirely different, because you got called out on it.

You calling people ignorant and telling people not to post is what started me in on this. As if you were somehow better than other people. Yet you throw a tantrum when someone does it back to you.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

You’re not proving anything wrong. The purpose of your post was to convince them to change what they are doing. That’s exactly what I said it was and that was the intention of it. You keep trying to dress it up as something entirely different, because you got called out on it.

You calling people ignorant and telling people not to post is what started me in on this. As if you were somehow better than other people. Yet you throw a tantrum when someone does it back to you.

Firstly that is an assumption you are making, and you are choosing to believe it, even though I have told you its not my intention, you refuse to believe that fact; in that regard I can’t do anything, if you so choose to believe that is my intention then you are entitled to do so, but its only an assumption you are making.

I called someone ignorant for telling people not to address Arena Net, because they are not the ones who are placing these restrictions which is 100% incorrect, there fore he is spreading false information, he obviously had no knowledge on the matter, but chose to post about it regardless. I called him ignorant and told him that if he has no knowledge on the matter it would be best not to post.

What you are doing here, is completely different, so please just stop posting here and go find another post to troll.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

can errbody stop fighting about the legal issues or whether or not ANET has their heads in their rears? We are finally having a legitimate sponsored ESports full on tournament… no matter how you slice it or try to analyze it this is a good thing and will grow the community.

I like your enthusiasm, but some of the restrictions are going to keep a large group of players out of the tournament, myself included. It annoys me. I’m sure there’s some legal workaround for, say, the age restrictions, for example.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Firstly that is an assumption you are making, and you are choosing to believe it, even though I have told you its not my intention, you refuse to believe that fact; in that regard I can’t do anything, if you so choose to believe that is my intention then you are entitled to do so, but its only an assumption you are making.

I called someone ignorant for telling people not to address Arena Net, because they are not the ones who are placing these restrictions which is 100% incorrect, there fore he is spreading false information, he obviously had no knowledge on the matter, but chose to post about it regardless. I called him ignorant and told him that if he has no knowledge on the matter it would be best not to post.

What you are doing here, is completely different, so please just stop posting here and go find another post to troll.

How is calling you ignorant for not having all of the information, which you later admit to, any different?

I’m glad for you, that you were able to reach A-net where others have not been able to.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

How is calling you ignorant for not having all of the information, which you later admit to, any different?

I’m glad for you, that you were able to reach A-net where others have not been able to.

my only recommendation for you is go back and read, I am really tired of quoting things for you.

I would also like to say if you want to continue this please pm me, instead of posting in this thread.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

(edited by Xeph.4513)

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

my old recommendation for you is go back and read, I am really tired of quoting things for you.

I would also like to say if you want to continue this please pm me, instead of posting in this thread.

Fair enough

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

now kiss, but btt: how is xeph able to play now, can we apply that rule restriction to anyone else who is falling under the outside EU thing?

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: TRoopEr.5364

TRoopEr.5364

my 2 cents.

I was playing at high level competetive scene, after there was no point in playing i was trying to do aNEt job: orginised tournaments and stuff, invested a lot of my time and money, and now i just feeling myself left aboard because of laziness and hurry of ANET.

Why should i continue doing it?
Why should i continue playing? No team wants me for the next 2 month because i can’t participate tourney, and none knows weather it will happen again or not.

Thats the big problem.

www.guildwars2pro.com – Leagues and tournaments.

www.twitch.tv/qqtrooper34

in PvP

Xeph.4513

now kiss, but btt: how is xeph able to play now, can we apply that rule restriction to anyone else who is falling under the outside EU thing?

It was a personal solution to the matter fixi, hopefully when arena net sheds more light on the matter; we can only hope for other people now.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

It was a personal solution to the matter fixi, hopefully when arena net sheds more light on the matter; we can only hope for other people now.

Personal solution…. So that early poster was right! You and teldo will make a happy couple. Congrats

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

The problem is they want to use this tournament as an advertising opportunity, which – if executed well- would be a good thing for the scene but the restrictions might make the already existing scene a bit sour.

Well, let’s all wait ’till next week for some more clarification.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Can I cede my EU eligibility to Xeph? I will be more than happy to do it ;>

Please stop fighting and spread the love.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Before they start to attract new players they should start to do something to actually keep them and also give something for the ones who already bought the game. Once you buy the game, their goal is accomplished and just let you leave.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^Lets hope they decided that Pax Prime is the ideal moment to lure more players in because we will have more features by then. #hope

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Serendipity.1547

Serendipity.1547

I am also a potential partcipant and the issue effected me directly, and my issue was resolved thus I have a lot more information about whats going on then you do, and I am not basing my information on nothing.

do you have privilege rights now and a exclusive regulation with anet? i’m just wondering why it’s now possible for you to be in the tournament

(edited by Serendipity.1547)

in PvP

Xeph.4513

do you have privilege rights now and a exclusive regulation with anet? i’m just wondering why it’s now possible for you to be in the tournament

I resolved my issue through a personal basis, although I am very sure anet would talk with you guys if you have questions, so just voice yourselves here or try sending pm’s / emails to admins. That is the best way we can fix this problem.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Serendipity.1547

it’s written european union, what’s about switzerland? we are not in and we don’t have problems with visa or something like that, we are close like eu

on the german site it’s writen like this: Ab nächster Woche steht die Anmeldung Spielern ab 18 Jahren offen, die in Kanada, den USA, Mexiko und in Europa leben

what’s now true? european union or europe?

i wait for the answer of my/this question^^

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

xeph best lawyer EU

in PvP

Posted by: Rol.6938

Rol.6938

I resolved my issue through a personal basis, although I am very sure anet would talk with you guys if you have questions, so just voice yourselves here or try sending pm’s / emails to admins. That is the best way we can fix this problem.

can i know how you resolved? because im pretty sure i have same essential material to participate in tournament. please dont tell me to talk to admins. they dont care about me at all… i dont have any personal contacts like you.

-Epily

in PvP

Xeph.4513

can i know how you resolved? because im pretty sure i have same essential material to participate in tournament. please dont tell me to talk to admins. they dont care about me at all… i dont have any personal contacts like you.

-Epily

Epily, I understand your situation, but lets wait until Arenanet makes another announcement regarding the matter, and that way can gauge things better.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

CC vs TP in the finals gogo

CC is kittening terrifying right now.

in PvP

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

For those who have alot of issues with the region restrictions, would you rather anet just abandon this tournament and wait till they can put one up that is inclusive of every nation on earth?

If it meant they’d go back to further balancing ALL the classes again … y’know … which could help the OTHER 99% of their customers who play this game (not just you guys who qualify for a barely-even-still-alive Esport tournament) …. THEN YES, OH ALL SIX GODS, YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, DO EET KITTEN!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

Age requirement is reasonable imo, there aren’t THAT many players (at least) on NA < 18 that are on real competitive teams, I can maybe think of 1 or 2 players. It’s also a maturity and image issue as well, we don’t want to have a bunch of little kids playing in our first LAN, we’d be the laughing stalk of the esports community.

The region lock is a bit unfair however, from what I gather a vast number of EU teams will be severely hurt by this. I’m going to hope that they alter the region lock a bit for EU, but I’m going to expect that these conditions are final and advise most of my EU friends to find good subs and scrim as much as possible.

Props to anet for actually throwing this thing though, I remember talking to my buddy Grouch back in like January about when Anet would end up throwing the first real gw2 LAN tourney and he totally called it; pax prime.

Neglekt

in PvP

Serendipity.1547

once again^^

it’s written european union, what’s about switzerland? we are not in and we don’t have problems with visa or something like that, we are close like eu

on the german site it’s writen like this: Ab nächster Woche steht die Anmeldung Spielern ab 18 Jahren offen, die in Kanada, den USA, Mexiko und in Europa leben

what’s now true? european union or europe?

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

So, I already posted this in the sticky topic, but in case you guys didn’t see it I’m copying it here:

Hey all,

After the announcement of our Guild Wars 2 Invitational and Regional Qualifying Tournaments went live last week, we saw a number of concerns from players about the restrictions we have in place. While we cannot change some of these restrictions, we have been working to expand allowable regions; we have determined that we can allow additional countries in Europe to compete in the Guild Wars 2 Invitational and Regional Qualifying Tournaments. This means that players in the following countries are now eligible to participate: European Union as well as Iceland, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, and Turkey.

At this time, we are not able to change the age restriction due to other limitations. We hope to expand eligibility for future tournaments.

Thanks for the support!

in PvP

Posted by: Hadriel.6928

Hadriel.6928

So, I already posted this in the sticky topic, but in case you guys didn’t see it I’m copying it here:

Hey all,

After the announcement of our Guild Wars 2 Invitational and Regional Qualifying Tournaments went live last week, we saw a number of concerns from players about the restrictions we have in place. While we cannot change some of these restrictions, we have been working to expand allowable regions; we have determined that we can allow additional countries in Europe to compete in the Guild Wars 2 Invitational and Regional Qualifying Tournaments. This means that players in the following countries are now eligible to participate: European Union as well as Iceland, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, and Turkey.

At this time, we are not able to change the age restriction due to other limitations. We hope to expand eligibility for future tournaments.

Thanks for the support!

So… No love for South Americans? =/

in PvP

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

So… No major balance changes? That means RANGERS (honestly i implore the devs to read the ranger forums; we’re dying out here) will have to go even longer before the next balance patch?

sigh i know there are other professions but i bought this game because i wanted to play ranger. i hoped i would be on a par with the other professions, not stuck in the dirt getting turned away from dungeons and decent wvw parties. Please, Anet. Please. We need help right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

I think “major” is a relative term. We will have some changes to help this tournament run smoothly, and to give you guys options when selecting your team comp.

in PvP

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

I suppose that’s a little reassuring, thanks allie. I’ll go and continue my QQ in the ranger forum ‘cos I’m thinking this isn’t the right thread for that :p

in PvP

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

This news is disappointing!

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

(edited by Shananigans.8412)

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

make kittening bunker/supportele viable since last patch all european bunkerele (hyx, me , demo, epily..) had to play a completely different role (offele, engi, necro)….

(edited by Ultima.8673)

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

Can’t say this news isn’t really disappointing! Maybe next time

Do you even age, brah?

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle