People advertising their streams in matches

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Why do people do this? Especially people who aren’t even that good.

I just had a match where one of the enemy team advertised their stream right at the start of the match. My team (2 premades + 3 pugs, I was a pug) then proceeded to beat their team of 4 premades + 1 pug. The guy who advertised their stream was the first to quit the game when it ended.

As an aside, this was the first game I had while soloq’ing that reached the end of the timer.

Attachments:

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

I guess so you can watch yourself beat them in instant replay?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

How else are you going to get viewers by yourself? I know it can be annoying but most of the time when a streamer is just starting advertising in game is the most ideal way to get viewers.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I guess so you can watch yourself beat them in instant replay?

Haha, I found the recording and watched it just for funzies

http://www.twitch.tv/theviewingexperience/b/619028098
2:22:40 – 2:37:40

Actually kinda interesting to see what kind of chaos my team was causing from their point of view. 2:29:15 – “We’ve got no chance of capping mid”, “Not when they need 2 heavies to fight over a thief!”. Made me chuckle. Also, seeing their guardian running home because he thought I was going there.

How else are you going to get viewers by yourself? I know it can be annoying but most of the time when a streamer is just starting advertising in game is the most ideal way to get viewers.

I’d like to see if this actually works. If anything, it comes across as basically saying “we’re pro, watch our stream to see some pro action”. His choice of character name doesn’t exactly help the situation either.

When I watch a person’s stream, it’s to watch someone who has already established a reputation as one of the best players of their class so that I can possibly learn from it. Not some random person in arenas who thinks they’re good.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I advertise in the matches I play. People watching the stream can be very critical to my play, which is a very good way of getting better!

It is also a very good way to advertise the stream. Streamers doesn’t need to be good to get views, they just need to entertain

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

When I watch a person’s stream, it’s to watch someone who has already established a reputation as one of the best players of their class so that I can possibly learn from it. Not some random person in arenas who thinks they’re good.

And that is your prerogative. But where was it written that one has to be of your particular preference/ description to be allowed to stream and look to increase their viewership?

Tbh, it sounds like you just want to stroke your ego and put someone down for no reason. Did it make you feel better?