People are complaining bout condi mesmers?

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Yet noone is complaining about evade spamming condi thieves that literally takes 1 button to play 90% of the time?

Just curious tho.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

That bullkitten has been there in WvW for a long time. What bugs me about it is that you can play defensive and still win 1v1 fight (and be quite an annoyance in some TFs too). It’s very confusing (and not just because of NaN NanN stacks of confusion) and dodgy build.
But the matter of the fact is, why do I see so many condi mesmers running around on diamond/ruby while I only encountered one d/d thief yesterday.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

That bullkitten has been there in WvW for a long time. What bugs me about it is that you can play defensive and still win 1v1 fight (and be quite an annoyance in some TFs too). It’s very confusing (and not just because of NaN NanN stacks of confusion) and dodgy build.
But the matter of the fact is, why do I see so many condi mesmers running around on diamond/ruby while I only encountered one d/d thief yesterday.

Because Condi mes still has portal? and team utility like Moa.

And thief has what?

in PvP

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

And thief has what?

You’ve just answered your original question

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

And thief has what?

Nope, I think you need more reading exercises.

I am referring to the condi spam.

in PvP

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

This is hilarious, I’ve been playing condi thief for the past few hours in pvp and destroying people.
I’m sure I played and beat you. What division are you in?

in PvP

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

And thief has what?

Nope, I think you need more reading exercises.

I am referring to the condi spam.

Well, they don’t usually take deadly arts so that makes… constant bleeding and maybe some poison/torment once in 30 seconds? Not to mention you have to be close to your target to apply that. Ah and yeah you also sacrifice two utilities for two additional condis.
So much bleed, much condi, much wow. After all bleeding is such a strong condition…

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

Yet noone is complaining about evade spamming condi thieves that literally takes 1 button to play 90% of the time?

Just curious tho.

Mesmer’s condi pressure is quite a bit higher due to the fact that you have a wide array of different conditions at your disposal. Thief has access to 2-3 different damaging conditions, which are also much easier to avoid (melee range mostly).

Then there’s the whole survivability side of things. A condition mesmer is virtually unkillable and can apply pressure while taking/absorbing hits. The thief can either deal damage or “evade”, but never both in the same fashion as the mesmer. The thief will die in 3-4 hits as well, has no defenses against area CC and weak condition removal comparatively.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Mesmer is the only viable class left that isn’t brain dead to play

And they want to nerf it

K

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Slim.3024

And they want to nerf it

K

That build is not brain dead? Compared to what other build exactly?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

And they want to nerf it

K

That build is not brain dead? Compared to what other build exactly?

Because Inspiration Mercenary is the only low(er) skill floor variant of this Mesmer build, and it’s not actually that good, or at least appears to be worse at high levels to more offensive variants.

That can’t be said for just about every other class in the game. Condition Mesmer is actually not in a bad spot.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Slim.3024

Because Inspiration Mercenary is the only low(er) skill floor variant of this Mesmer build, and it’s not actually that good, or at least appears to be worse at high levels to more offensive variants.

That can’t be said for just about every other class in the game. Condition Mesmer is actually not in a bad spot.

And it is your right to be of that opinion. I disagree and think it is way too forgiving and effective without even considering how it is played. Now, the fact that there are even worse offenders in the meta in regards to these aspects is secondary to me.

I am not saying “Stop fixing the scrapper [insert any other class/build that is even more broken here] to nerf the mesmer!”, nor should I be able or want to, because in my mind the developers should work and do both at the same time.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Condi spam thief typically uses venoms and most thieves use them all at once. As soon as their charges are gone, you condi clear and the thief isn’t a huge threat until their venom cooldowns are back. By then, you likely have another condi clear cooldown ready.

Condi chronomancer spreads tons of conditions on shatters. They can do that a bunch and use continuum shift to do it again. So you have to wipe a pile of conditions over and over in a short time and it usually overwhelms someone’s condi clear cooldowns.

On top of that, condi chronomancer can survive a lot of longer, especially in team fights while providing tons of team support (Moa is almost an instant win, portal controls two nodes, group evade really helps on res/stomp).

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Then there’s the whole survivability side of things. A condition mesmer is virtually unkillable and can apply pressure while taking/absorbing hits. The thief can either deal damage or “evade”, but never both in the same fashion as the mesmer. The thief will die in 3-4 hits as well, has no defenses against area CC and weak condition removal comparatively.

-The main damage skill on a condi thief is damage+evade. its spammable
- A d/d thief has possibly the best condi removal in the game. YOu remove condition on literally everything you do.
-we do also have a 12 sec cd stunbreak

The only reason why nobody complains about thief is the lack of damage on our conditions. They dont really hurt you, unless you are a warrior, rev, bad necro, mesmer.
And actually I do get a lot of complaints when I play that build. Even had a necro who calle me cheesy.
Suprisingly thief s/d, which features the same amount of evades but power-based damage, got me a couple of compliments.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

You know … if you complain about a condi thief you’re probably blown up to shreds by a D/P S/D thieves.

Because the current condi thief build is as skillful as the heartseeker spamming wannabes. And they are super ineffective.

in PvP

Slim.3024

-The main damage skill on a condi thief is damage+evade. its spammable

Death Blossom is not a reliable evade and it has a long aftercast attached to it, which is punished by anyone who encounters the build the second time.

- A d/d thief has possibly the best condi removal in the game. YOu remove condition on literally everything you do.

I assume you do not know the game as well you might think, because not only is this incredible condition removal tied to an active evade, which means that you are helpless while CC’ed or if the opponent keeps you from getting those evades, whereas other classes have passive condition removal and/or multiple instant cures, but you also do not have the ability to cure more than 1 condition every 2 seconds roughly, as the trait has an internal cooldown

The only reason why nobody complains about thief is the lack of damage on our conditions. They dont really hurt you, unless you are a warrior, rev, bad necro, mesmer.

Heh, you have the same bleeds, poison and torment as everybody else. The reason the build deals no damage is the very same I stated: It does not have access to more than these 2-3 conditions, whereas other classes have 5-6 readily available to them and the thief’s application is much easier to avoid being mostly melee based.

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

Just curious tho.

Yes they Are stupid to. I hate builds like that. Like the one trick pony builds some classes have. Rifle warrior, condi thief spam 3, mesmer confusion spamming build, guard burn, one enig double pistol burn condi, and propperly a few more also. Like the most off the rev class

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

And thief has what?

i call that selfowned

and in case u forgot mesmer has a braindead spam of invul/evade/block frame abilities which are easily better than thief’s dodge spam

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

And thief has what?

i call that selfowned

and in case u forgot mesmer has a braindead spam of invul/evade/block frame abilities which are easily better than thief’s dodge spam

You can’t be serious. Your claiming that Mesmer’s can out “invul/evade/block frame” a Thief/Daredevil?

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Lexander.4579

And thief has what?

i call that selfowned

You can’t be serious. Your claiming that Mesmer’s can out “invul/evade/block frame” a Thief/Daredevil?

F4, F5, shield 4, sword 2, regular dodges

in case if you didnt know DD has only 1 more dodge bar than other classes + 1 more dodge if they manage to steal succesfully

oh and those mesmer skills recharge faster and/or last longer than dodges

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

And thief has what?

i call that selfowned

in case if you didnt know DD has only 1 more dodge bar than other classes + 1 more dodge if they manage to steal succesfully

Play shatter mesmer and let’s see if it’s braindead.

There is a difference between condi and power.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

Funny how, you can call out multiple builds of a Mesmer, but yet stipulate a “DD Thief”.

And speaking of steal.. can you say “Consume Plasma”! 10 seconds of EVERY BOON (i.e. Protection, Aegis, Retaliation, Regeneration, Might, and so on and so on.) And having that every ~20 or so seconds.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

And thief has what?

i call that selfowned

i didnt say mesmer is braindead, my main problem is that a top skilled mesmer player will surely beat a top skilled player of most other classes, let alone all the utility mesmer brings into the team

however the safety of mesmer is braindead and it takes no skill to use it + use mesmer’s utility which is usually enough to tip the scales even when the player is not particularly skilled

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Funny how, you can call out multiple builds of a Mesmer, but yet stipulate a “DD Thief”.

And speaking of steal.. can you say “Consume Plasma”! 10 seconds of EVERY BOON (i.e. Protection, Aegis, Retaliation, Regeneration, Might, and so on and so on.) And having that every ~20 or so seconds.

consume plasma has a 1 sec cast time, good luck stunning yourself for 1 sec as a thief and not dying and even if you survive trading all the damage you take during that cast time is not worth all those buffs

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

Sure, 1 second cast time for 10 seconds of EVERY BOON in the game. Totally not worth it.

in PvP

Quadox.7834

And thief has what?

i call that selfowned

i didnt say mesmer is braindead, my main problem is that a top skilled mesmer player will surely beat a top skilled player of most other classes, let alone all the utility mesmer brings into the team

however the safety of mesmer is braindead and it takes no skill to use it + use mesmer’s utility which is usually enough to tip the scales even when the player is not particularly skilled

That’s not sufficient. Why is the “safety of mesmer” braindead and takes no skill? This is a statement that demands an xplanation. Surely active defense requires more skill than passives or armor?

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Sure, why would you waste 1 second cast time for those 10 seconds of EVERY BOON in the game. Totally not worth it.

its not every boon in game, its missing quickness and resistance (which is quite important against condi spammer mesmer tbh) also some boons it gives dont last 10 seconds, dont remember which ones

idk why are you complaining about steal anyway, most stolen items from other professions are useless and indeed consume plasma is one of the least useless stolen items, however it doesnt make steal anywhere good as profession skills of other classes or mesmer in particular

in PvP

Lexander.4579

And thief has what?

i call that selfowned

That’s not sufficient. Why is the “safety of mesmer” braindead and takes no skill? This is a statement that demands an xplanation. Surely active defense requires more skill than passives or armor?

because mesmer doesnt need to use those skills to avoid some particular skill or deny/survive a burst, they just spam those skills because they are low cooldown and long duration

in PvP

SlimChance.6593

Gain all boons.

Protection (10s): -33% Incoming Damage
Regeneration (10s): 1300 health
Vigor (10s): +50% Endurance Regeneration
Might (10s): +30 Power, +30 Condition Damage
Fury (10s): 20% Critical Chance
Swiftness (10s): 33% Movement Speed
Aegis (10s): Block the next incoming attack.

Stability (3s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
Retaliation (5s): Reflect incoming damage back to its source.

Oh your right, no quickness, no resistance. It is a struggle.

in PvP

Quadox.7834

And thief has what?

i call that selfowned

because mesmer doesnt need to use those skills to avoid some particular skill or deny/survive a burst, they just spam those skills because they are low cooldown and long duration

They most certainly do, on anything else than condi or bunker. Especially when thinking about gs/staff mesmer.

Yaniam [Mesmer]