People farming rank in custom arenas

in PvP

Posted by: GeWa.2589

GeWa.2589

So there I went, exited to see a huge custom arena with 18 players! I was expecting huge fights on small maps and a lot of fun. Nope. Just 9 players of each side not hitting each other with a single blow but instead just capturing the capture point in the middle of the map while farming ranks for their Arena levels.

So while most players just do their best to win nice competitions these people are just cheating their way through those ranks.

I’d love to see them get a temp ban and a complete reset of their ranks. Who agrees?

in PvP

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Nope.

It’s called “stat padding” and in the end it’s meaningless. They will be high rank and getting stomped out by average players. If they are doing it to farm loots… well they are wasting a HUGE amount of time that could be spend elsewhere on a far more efficient farm.

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

for me now is clear now, and this is the reason i see a lot of bears and shark rank running around whit MM, Turrets and PU builds. Dont make me mention hambow.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Is there someone farming rank even if it takes like only 4 moths to get max now? Are you freakin kiddin me?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

There are people in Gw2 who still think glory rank is worth something?

Maybe they are just doing their pvp daily achievement?

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

for me now is clear now, and this is the reason i see a lot of bears and shark rank running around whit MM, Turrets and PU builds. Dont make me mention hambow.

To be fair it still takes a decent amount of time to reach the bear/shark rank so if they are still playing those builds at that point then I think something went wrong before farming ranks. However those builds are effective at beating scrubs.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Nope.

It’s called “stat padding” and in the end it’s meaningless. They will be high rank and getting stomped out by average players. If they are doing it to farm loots… well they are wasting a HUGE amount of time that could be spend elsewhere on a far more efficient farm.

indeed that they’re wasting their time farming, and its sad that these few farmers are the reason anet claim for the hotjoin daily progress cap that punishes us all >_<

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Who cares after the feature patch.

Respect for player rank has vanished. The only time it was relevant was pre-feature patch with dedicated PvP-ers that you know didn’t skyham farm.

Now everyone and there mothers are rank 80. It’s not a special title. It’s not a special finisher.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

Nope.

indeed that they’re wasting their time farming, and its sad that these few farmers are the reason anet claim for the hotjoin daily progress cap that punishes us all >_<

it doesnt really punishes me

im not so much into hotjoin…xD
if i want to do some pvp i either go with my pvp team (or ask in my friendlist if we need a replacement)
go into soloq
or just do some little training in or password locked arena to get better at 1v1 1v2 2v2 2v3 and 3v3 situations (well yeah we could also train surviving 1v3 as long as possible but that should never happen if you keep an eye on your opponents so…yeh)

if u hit that daily hotjoin cap then try out some soloq
its really not that bad
sure afks some matches are unfair but.. unfair matches end just as quickly as hotjoin matches with better rewards and fair matches sure are great as well..^^

in PvP

Posted by: Kody.3289

Kody.3289

Is there someone farming rank even if it takes like only 4 moths to get max now? Are you freakin kiddin me?

took me 2 and a half haha

Darek.1836
Lazer Moobs
Sharks With Lazers

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Who cares after the feature patch.

Respect for player rank has vanished. The only time it was relevant was pre-feature patch with dedicated PvP-ers that you know didn’t skyham farm.

Now everyone and there mothers are rank 80. It’s not a special title. It’s not a special finisher.

dis.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

took me 2 and a half haha

Yeah i was talking about average pve hero going tournament and losing a lot, i actually have to just go tpvp with no hj and stuff just to keep low rank on second account (Already kittening 30+ -.-) in order to troll all those 55+ (Ehmm 80…) thinking to be gods just because anet gave them all those ranks for free on 15th april…r80 thieves not able to kill a r30 shatter mesmer and then complaining about some sort of hack is pretty hilarious…

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

better they farm it in some custom arenas than in my soloQ matches

so not care for peoples rank or archievements or whatever they farm there

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

They’re probably just botting for gold and reward tracks when they are away from keyboard and go back to PvE when they return.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if there are a surplus of people botting because anet has made pvp so bot friendly, that you don’t have to do anything and easily make it to rank 80 or do minimal things like run to center node and do nothing collect reward track rewards.

You think I support these changes to pvp? nope I don’t, the system was pretty much perfect back in September 2013. I swear these guys change things that already working fine.

All that time spent making changes to something that is already working perfectly fine, they could have made a new map or 2… I’m pretty sure those guys that did those changes know this saying ‘If it aint broke don’t mess with it’.. I could be seeing better tournaments systems in this time too, none of this fake tournament system that isn’t even tournament its just a rating system.

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I don’t understand what there is to gain here. They take the middle node and then wait for the match to finish? People could get a lot of points with the old system on skyhammer but I’m not seeing the benefits of this. Wouldn’t solo/teamQ give much more rank and be more enjoyable?

Either way, I hope Anet sees that nice rewards shouldn’t be given to players when we control the circumstances. If anything new is introduced(tourney rewards? pvp rewards weapons?) they’ll keep it on a leash using measures like dishonorable and the controlled environments of tpvp.

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Nope.

There is no stat pad in sPvP, thats WvW. Also rank doesn’t even matter because it lost its meaning on April 15th. Majority of the people are upranked 60-80 newgens. I hit 70 before April 15th, and I earned it. A month later feature patch kicks in and everyone and their Granny is a Dragon. I’m not even mad, because this game is in a stale state of mind atm.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

It’s the casuals from wvw and pve that just want dailies, achievement points and rank advancement because they actually think the finishers are cool and want them for wvw.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

This is a huge problem!

Anet must fix this asap or the future of GW2 is doomed.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

This is a huge problem!

Anet must fix this asap or the future of GW2 is doomed.

GASP! DOOOOMED!

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO