Perma evade pistol whip thief

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

How to fight perma evade pistol whip spamming thief with condi clear too every evade?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Play power .

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

I don’t know your skill level, but most condi necros I find in WvW tend to mash buttons, giving me plenty of opportunities to dodge attacks.

in PvP

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Get rid of the power reaper and go power death shroud necro.

in PvP

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

Get ur power reaper, grab urself an axe, ur gs and run away. Trashtalk the teef on forum for bonus points afterwards.
Nec 2k17

~Nefras~

in PvP

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Don’t keep mashing buttons, if you hit them with a condi bomb then stop attacking. They might be able to clear a few with their signet, possibly another with a heal, but after that you have a good 30 sec window where they are relying on evades for cleanse. As a condi necro you can easily hit them with a second bomb and then try to LoS/kite.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in PvP

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

evade.cleanse.evade.cleanse.evade.cleanse. You’re doing basically nothing to them, if you can even hit them.

And of course whenever they feel like it, they can reset the fight.

On the other hand, as a necro, you’re unlikely to be able to get away from them so kiting isn’t effective and LoS needs nearby objects (thiefs usually attack in wide open spaces, easier for them to escape if their cheese doesn’t work).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

evade.cleanse.evade.cleanse.evade.cleanse. You’re doing basically nothing to them, if you can even hit them.

And of course whenever they feel like it, they can reset the fight.

On the other hand, as a necro, you’re unlikely to be able to get away from them so kiting isn’t effective and LoS needs nearby objects (thiefs usually attack in wide open spaces, easier for them to escape if their cheese doesn’t work).

TIL my entire profession is cheese. I sure hope its Asiago, that’s my favorite!

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Condition stacking Thieves isn’t hard. Read the trait description carefully, “remove conditions when you evade attacks.”

Once you’ve applied a few, sheath your weapon and stop attacking. Let the conditions do their work, rinse and repeat. Most of them will panic mash their dodge or kite.

Since I see in your signature that you’re a power Reaper however, I’d suggest entering Shroud as soon as they get near you, using #2 which should Blind them on the initial stun which will deny them the lockdown, then see if you can bait them in to spending more initiative by skill cancelling. Go aggressive after that and keep your eye on their return spots from Infiltraitors Strike so you know where they’ll port to.

It’s hard to give appropriate advice since every fight will vary so greatly depending on the circumstances. Practice makes perfect so if you’re having trouble with them, either ask one if you can duel them or look for ones to fight.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Condition stacking Thieves isn’t hard. Read the trait description carefully, “remove conditions when you evade attacks.”

Once you’ve applied a few, sheath your weapon and stop attacking. Let the conditions do their work, rinse and repeat. Most of them will panic mash their dodge or kite.

Since I see in your signature that you’re a power Reaper however, I’d suggest entering Shroud as soon as they get near you, using #2 which should Blind them on the initial stun which will deny them the lockdown, then see if you can bait them in to spending more initiative by skill cancelling. Go aggressive after that and keep your eye on their return spots from Infiltraitors Strike so you know where they’ll port to.

It’s hard to give appropriate advice since every fight will vary so greatly depending on the circumstances. Practice makes perfect so if you’re having trouble with them, either ask one if you can duel them or look for ones to fight.

So, enter shroud. Assumes you have some shroud ready. Then the thief just watches as you burn through your shroud, waits until you switch back, then attacks…only a dumb thief would commence attacking if you shroud before he attacks….

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

first run to the spot where they sword tele’d to you to take away some of their mobility. they will keep trying to run away to use that teleport so you have to commit 100% into pressuring them so that they cant do anything but run. then its a matter of dodging and avoiding the whip, either with gs4, transferring the immob, or rs3.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Between Escapist’s Absolution, Shadow Step and Signet of Agility (needs the endurance nerf in WvW) it’s very hard to get conditions to stick to Daredevils now. You need to make sure they have used both Shadow Step and SoA before committing to a multi-cooldown condi burst and then you have to, well, weapon stow a bit and focus on personal survivability.

Pistol Whip can usually be countered by just keeping active during the fight because the stun is too short to keep you rooted for the duration of the sword attack unless coupled with an immobilise before hand. Reaper’s Protection will interrupt the Thieves opening Pistol Whip which is handy for mitigating the first Steal>PW in particular.

But really, when I play Pistol Whip Thief and come up against a Reaper there’s very little they can really do as I can just shortbow around to wait out Reaper Shroud and can interrupt everything between headshot, pistol whip, basilisk and traited steal. Conditions aren’t that much of a threat either.

One great tip in WvW is just abuse terrain and deny Thief its teleports. Just stand on a small wall or rock and they can never actually steal or infiltrator’s strike to you but rather wonderfully they will often port just below you for a nice bomb

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

First this is a PvP forum not Wvw
Second: If u loose to a pistolwhip thief in 1v1 well it can happen but i tell you that you skill level is not that high yet(it aint an offense), also u should be happy cos that thief basically a -1 player for their team and i tell you why:

Pistol whip thieves usually pick bound over dash which is horrible for conquest(no movement imparing condi remove on dodge)

Pistol whip costs 5 ini which is much for a skill that can be easily missed 130 range because of this they usually pick Infiltrator’s Signet which is kinda a -1 utility slot for thieves

Pistol whip ini management can be maintained but to maintain u have to pick traits and skills according to it which are aint fit into conquest(thats why they are -1)

Single target

Stun is short and animation is obvious, drop a fear mark or blind him when he is moving his hand backwards [3/4 secs]