Phaatonn the 100db hero GS F1 suggestion

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Here’s a quick, easy but diversifying change to the current GS f1*

Make the greatsword burst skill not require a target to generate fury.

Replace animation with the guardian GS pull, and maintain the same cast time. Remove damage from its activation.

What this does? Diversifies weapon sets, meaning warriors don’t have to run longbow to have an effective condition cleanse. It would effectively make GS Axe or sword warriors much more playable again without buffing the existing (OP) builds played by warriors.

This suggestion would make GS more viable and not force warriors into cheesy low skill cap builds.

I want to have fun on warrior again without running longbow.

I understand warrior needs to be brought into line with other classes, but this would be a subtle but positive change in the long term, regardless of meta.

Anyway Merry Christmas and all is vain.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

I understand warrior needs to be brought into line with other classes, but this would be a subtle but positive change in the long term, regardless of meta.

So much this.

in PvP

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

I actually agree with this, GS f1 is barely ever used as it is.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Here’s a quick, easy but diversifying change to the current GS f1*

Make the greatsword burst skill not require a target to generate fury.

Replace animation with the guardian GS pull, and maintain the same cast time. Remove damage from its activation.

What this does? Diversifies weapon sets, meaning warriors don’t have to run longbow to have an effective condition cleanse. It would effectively make GS Axe or sword warriors much more playable again without buffing the existing (OP) builds played by warriors.

This suggestion would make GS more viable and not force warriors into cheesy low skill cap builds.

Anyway Merry Christmas and all is vain.

You would keep running longbow because it’s OP as kitten. Maybe not in mid tier, but in high tier any war would indeed keep running it.

if you want to win, you run longbow.

Still i agree with the change.

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I actually wish they gave it an animation like Leap of Faith or an immobilise to go with hundred blades. I love greatsword and wish it was viable.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

yes

yesyeyeytsey yes

15 good cobbers

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Good sugestion. Post this on the warrior forum too.

in PvP

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

I think i neva used the gs burst skill …brb gonna check it out.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

wow you missing 100 nubs ? lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

wow you missing 100 nubs ? lol

It was fun farmin ppl on mid points for sure way better then pet zoo :d

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

in PvP

Posted by: Ludus Rex.1562

Ludus Rex.1562

People complained for quite a long time about how powerful Longbow and Hammer warriors were, and so those things took a hit.

Honestly? I think that’s while those sets are both very good, the hidden strength of these weapons sets, which really made it a big issue, is how well they interacted with Cleansing Ire.

Frankly, I view Cleansing Ire as a pretty insane trait. I can’t think of anything else that can cure 3 conditions reliably every 10 seconds. Sure, there are things that can do that when working in conjunction, or with supporting traits, but nothing else really does this much by itself. Also, that’s not ALL it does. It also fuels the Warrior’s primary attack.

It’d be a lot more fair if there were some trade-off, like, for example, if missing caused you not to get the Cleanse Effect, but Longbow and Hammer successfully dodge that bullet by being AOE. The other Warrior weapon sets are pretty solid, actually. None of them really suffer from being awful. It’s just that they can’t interact with Cleansing Ire as well, so in comparison, they’re way worse off.

I don’t want to call for nerfs, but I do think that how CI interacts with Longbow and Hammer specifically, might require additional looking into. I don’t think that making CI interact just as well for other weapon sets is the answer. If anything, maybe these two finishers should target an individual player, like all the others do, and then if the attack misses, the AOE component fails and CI doesn’t trigger. Then you’ve got some risk vs. reward factor again, CI becomes fair for all weapon sets rather than OP for a few of them, and there’s an additional solution to the massive whining generated by the 360 radius of the Longbow Finisher.

…okay, so I guess that is a bit of a nerf. But honestly, Longbow on its own is probably okay, and CI in a vacuum might be okay, but together? Those bi****s form Voltron! And you can’t take down Voltron.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

People complained for quite a long time about how powerful Longbow and Hammer warriors were, and so those things took a hit.

Honestly? I think that’s while those sets are both very good, the hidden strength of these weapons sets, which really made it a big issue, is how well they interacted with Cleansing Ire.

Frankly, I view Cleansing Ire as a pretty insane trait. I can’t think of anything else that can cure 3 conditions reliably every 10 seconds. Sure, there are things that can do that when working in conjunction, or with supporting traits, but nothing else really does this much by itself. Also, that’s not ALL it does. It also fuels the Warrior’s primary attack.

It’d be a lot more fair if there were some trade-off, like, for example, if missing caused you not to get the Cleanse Effect, but Longbow and Hammer successfully dodge that bullet by being AOE. The other Warrior weapon sets are pretty solid, actually. None of them really suffer from being awful. It’s just that they can’t interact with Cleansing Ire as well, so in comparison, they’re way worse off.

I don’t want to call for nerfs, but I do think that how CI interacts with Longbow and Hammer specifically, might require additional looking into. I don’t think that making CI interact just as well for other weapon sets is the answer. If anything, maybe these two finishers should target an individual player, like all the others do, and then if the attack misses, the AOE component fails and CI doesn’t trigger. Then you’ve got some risk vs. reward factor again, CI becomes fair for all weapon sets rather than OP for a few of them, and there’s an additional solution to the massive whining generated by the 360 radius of the Longbow Finisher.

…okay, so I guess that is a bit of a nerf. But honestly, Longbow on its own is probably okay, and CI in a vacuum might be okay, but together? Those bi****s form Voltron! And you can’t take down Voltron.

Cleansing Ire is in the wrong trait in my opinion. it should be in strength.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’m not sure if it should be this or something else, but i agree whole heartedly that the skill needs to change!

currently he only reason for the existence of the GS bust skill is to let you know when you have enough adrenaline to switch weapons and use a burst skill…

if i was running a heightened focus build however i’d love the current GS burst!
since you’ll never feel tempted to use it

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

GS doesn’t need a buff, but warriors will never drop longbow due to its synergy with cleansing ire. Giving the GS this synergy could make it an alternative..

It also opens up burst warriors to use different elites, for a more team support orientated dps build.

Phaatonn, London UK