Pin Down, must go.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I’m just sick of seeing for like last 5 or 6 metas Warriors using Longbows more than rangers. Hugging longbows more than any other weapon in battle, only switching when stuff is off cooldown. I’m running a 103 fever, I’m 99% sure it’s because of so many longbows, there is a small chance I could be wrong.

With all this talk of turret engineers finally getting the boot (which is a shame as in my opinion turrets are a fun concept, just done HORRIBLY wrong) and Swordhorn completely replacing any point bunker build with flying colors getting toned down, this is one skill that needs to get Warriors completely off their bows and into their maces or axes.

I don’t mind the massive AoE damage circle of Incendiary Arrow, the Blind or the Arcing Shot which is a fantastic… melee attack? I’m pretty sure it’s a melee attack. Those are good skills and should stay good.

_

The point is, Pin Down has been hurting Warriors everywhere, and so many heavily rely on it instead of mastering other weapons or mastering positioning with a melee weapon.

When HoT comes out (or possible skill balance coming in the future) there will be a slight meta shift, hopefully the Master of Longbows will finally become the Master of Weapons.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Considering that there’s no new way to cleanse conditions with the new traits, I don’t expect to see any change to warriors needing LB with Cleansing Ire in order to stand a chance against conditions…

If there were more viable ways to handle conditions on a warrior outside of CI and shouts with soldier runes, I could see a more diverse warrior meta, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. =/

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The only way I would lose Longbow is if I didn’t need Cleansing Ire to survive. If ANet just remove Cleansing Ire, Warrior loses their meta status overnight.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Two words: Cleansing Ire

The trait has been the main conditional removal on warrior builds for a long time and no other adrenal skill activates it no matter if you hit an enemy or not.
The current shoutbow has other sources of cleansing and maybe could live without it, but the build itself is hybrid, biased towards condition even, so the bow is a no brainer.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

The only way I would lose Longbow is if I didn’t need Cleansing Ire to survive. If ANet just remove Cleansing Ire, Warrior loses their meta status overnight.

That’s another problem, not to mention shouts and warhorn completely removed every condi-build out of meta. I don’t mind Warriors being tanky and supportive, Cleansing Ire does not bother me.

I do mind when Warriors are tanky, supportive and can strike with good damage and CC.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

runeblade.7514

That’s another problem, not to mention shouts and warhorn completely removed every condi-build out of meta. I don’t mind Warriors being tanky and supportive, Cleansing Ire does not bother me.

I do mind when Warriors are tanky, supportive and can strike with good damage and CC.

You’re talking about Shoutbow?

Shoutbow don’t have any stun/daze/CC. Shoutbow isn’t tanky or have good damage, its celestial.

It is, however, supportive, and mobile.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Shoutbow don’t have any stun/daze/CC. Shoutbow isn’t tanky or have good damage, its celestial.

Pin Down.

The only time Cleansing Ire will ever get nerfed is when the balance of PvP will no longer be about condition spamming vs. condition cleansing.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Pin Down.

The only time Cleansing Ire will ever get nerfed is when the balance of PvP will no longer be about condition spamming vs. condition cleansing.

Pin down isn’t a daze, knockback knockdown or a stun.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Pin Down.

And your point? Last time I checked, it was still CC.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Pin Down.

nope, it applys conditions

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

pin down has a very obvious activation animation, easy to dodge, and applies easy to remove conditions.

what is your problem?

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Wait… PIN DOWN is the reason all warriors take longbow? /facepalm

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

it doesn’t interrupt heals, resses or stomps which is the most important part of cc

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The point is, Pin Down has been hurting Warriors everywhere, and so many heavily rely on it instead of mastering other weapons or mastering positioning with a melee weapon.

Please tell this to rangers.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Wait… PIN DOWN is the reason all warriors take longbow? /facepalm

I LOL’d so hard. I can’t tell if he’s trying to be different by saying Pin Down is the problem with Long Bow.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Baby steps young Padawan. Even though I do agree id rather LB be more a ranger thing then warrior thing but yeah dif topic I guess.

Necromancer Main

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Pin Down… Not nearly as powerful as Fierce Blow on Hammer, have you seen that weakness uptime… NERF! I once got pinned down and weakened, the warrior then proceeded to have his way with me.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Kees Flodder.1269

Kees Flodder.1269

Lol,,,,,,,,,,,,

Amsterdam, The dream, The City

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Pin Down.

Really? Immobilize is a condition, but it’s also a CC. Same thing with Fear.

Just because it doesn’t have all the benefits of other CCs doesn’t mean it’s not a CC. I mean Daze can kick a heal, but it won’t stop an enemy from stepping away from a big burst of damage.

Anyways, to get back on point, I honestly think that one of two things needs to happen:
1) Cleansing Ire has the requirement of hitting an opponent with a burst skill to trigger reverted so that wars can cleanse condis even when blinded.
or
2) We need another reliable source of condi cleanse, and particularly one that doesn’t take up a utility slot.

Turning mending into a physical skill may make a physical skill build viable, which may address 2 to some extent, but I don’t see that really being a complete solution.

Since Merciless Hammer and Burst Mastery will be on the same trait slot, I personally think the hambow builds that lead to the CI nerf are themselves nerfed enough to justify reverting the CI nerf.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Pin Down.

Really? Immobilize is a condition, but it’s also a CC. Same thing with Fear.

Just because it doesn’t have all the benefits of other CCs doesn’t mean it’s not a CC. I mean Daze can kick a heal, but it won’t stop an enemy from stepping away from a big burst of damage.

Anyways, to get back on point, I honestly think that one of two things needs to happen:
1) Cleansing Ire has the requirement of hitting an opponent with a burst skill to trigger reverted so that wars can cleanse condis even when blinded.
or
2) We need another reliable source of condi cleanse, and particularly one that doesn’t take up a utility slot.

Turning mending into a physical skill may make a physical skill build viable, which may address 2 to some extent, but I don’t see that really being a complete solution.

Since Merciless Hammer and Burst Mastery will be on the same trait slot, I personally think the hambow builds that lead to the CI nerf are themselves nerfed enough to justify reverting the CI nerf.

CC is when you DONT have control over your skills
With immob you can still do anything BUT walking..

You’re really just making up your own definition for CC at this point. Movement impairing abilities are CC. That’s why things like cripple and chill are called ‘soft CC’.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_control_%28video_gaming%29

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: choucs.4507

choucs.4507

Immo is a soft CC which is condition, not a CC which can interrupt.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

A soft CC is a CC. Just because something is a subgroup of a group does not exclude it from that group….

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Give me a reliable weapon that will proc with CI like Longbow and I’ll ditch it. Pin Down isn’t something I’d keep it for.

Duty is heavier than death.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

A soft CC is a CC. Just because something is a subgroup of a group does not exclude it from that group….

The problem here is in this game

CC is considered as something which you can use to interrupt people.

stop being so stubborn about it, this is what general GW2 use when they are talking about interrupts.

and a soft CC is a condition. They are both totally different things

You seem pretty intent on believing your own made-up definitions of those words, despite large evidence on the contrary. However, I do find it particularly amusing that you have decided to see conditions and CC as mutually exclusive.

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

stop being so stubborn about it, this is what general GW2 use when they are talking about interrupts.

You seem pretty intent on believing your own made-up definitions of those words, despite large evidence on the contrary. However, I do find it particularly amusing that you have decided to see conditions and CC as mutually exclusive.

PvE bosses gain defiance when targetted by CCs and cannot be hit by CCs while defiant.
They can be immobilised.
Therefore, an immobilise is not a CC in this game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

PvE bosses gain defiance when targetted by CCs and cannot be hit by CCs while defiant.
They can be immobilised.
Therefore, an immobilise is not a CC in this game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance

… Huh, by that logic it’s better than most CC.

Regardless, Cleansing Ire is an amazing must have trait. I DO NOT have ANY issue with that trait.

_

I said this before and I will say it again, I do not mind Warriors being tanky and supportive.
I do mind them being tanky, supportive and good damage/CC.

Pin Down is not broken by any means, but it’s the cherry on the cake for any Warrior build. I don’t want the Longbow to vanish completely but making it less of a perfect weapon will be a good thing.

Oh right, except the part Combustive Shot can be blocked. Has that gotten fixed? I’ve just stopped firing the burst at people all together so I haven’t tested it in a very long while.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Learn how to dodge,it has an obvious animation to which you can react,the same thing can’t be said about lots of other skills from other classes that are mostly insta cast. Warrs dont grab bow for pin down,they grab bow for cleansing,pin down is an extra.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Pin Down is one of the most nerfed skills out there. It now has a very obvious animation. To make up for that it’s only fair that the skill be effective when it hits. My only issue with Pin Down is that certain Zerker builds I play on other classes lack good removal, but that’s not Pin Down’s fault.

There’s a ray of light though. With Mending becoming a Physical skill and Healing Signet getting a small passive heal nerf their healing amount will probably be roughly similar when you take Mending with Physical Training. We also don’t know what effect having higher Endurance will have on Mending, I’m guessing either more condis removed or higher healing. Both are good.

Mending on Physical Warriors will allow them to forgo Cleansing Ire and focus on more offensive lines if we’re lucky. Adrenaline gain might me an issue but we’ll see.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Pin Down, must go.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Mending on Physical Warriors will allow them to forgo Cleansing Ire

why not both? . jpg

mending + cleansing ire

can remove 6 conditions on demand.

almost signet of stamina condition removal level

Attachments: