Pips for losing?

Pips for losing?

in PvP

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

A couple of questions really -

Has anyone yet had a pip for losing a match or not lost a pip when they have lost a match? According to the release notes this should be possible, which leads me on to my second question.

If matches are supposed to be ‘balanced’ how and why would it ever be the case that you are put into a match where the game expects you to lose and the above would apply. If the system is designed to do this then; to be blunt, it’s a little crap.

Personally I would rather wait in the queue for a little longer than be put into a match that the game expects my team to lose, particularly as I (and my team) will probably be losing progress if playing in Emerald or above.

Perhaps a Dev would explain why they feel it’s O.K to create unbalanced matches in the first place?

Pips for losing?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Yes, I got 1 pip off losing a match 500-450 while duo queueing to a full premade of players who I know are pretty good.

Why would the system do this? Not exactly sure, because I don’t even remember waiting particularly long for the queue to pop, meaning that the system apparently wasn’t desperate to find a match, but I was put in a match where it felt I had extremely low chance to win.

Ranger//Necro

Pips for losing?

in PvP

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

I had 2 matches that I lost and didn’t lose anything(both against premades) then got the most awful premade imaginable on my team and lost and lost 2 pips.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

Pips for losing?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I had 2 matches that I lost and didn’t lose anything(both against premades) then got the most awful premade imaginable on my team and lost and lost 2 pips.

To me it seems like the system is factoring in whether or not a team is premade or not into their likelyhood to win. In fact, many so called ‘premades’ are just random groups of friends not even on voice comms together, who generally aren’t much more organized than random players to begin with. So, you probably got one of those types of groups, and the system expected them to win based on their premade status, which is why you lost 2 pips.

For example I was queueing with 4 friends earlier, not on voice comms, and we went vs 3-4 pro league players on enemy team, lost 500-250 and lost 2 pips. Even though that’s about the score I would have expected.

Ranger//Necro

Pips for losing?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

To be fair, the system is making predictions on how the match will turn out based on how the collective members have been performing. The system can’t actually tell how the particular match will go. This is why sticking in there and doing your best can still return rewards. Now, you might just turn the systems predictions on its head and pull off a win, thus you get even more rewards (beat a 5 man premade with 5 solo’s, 500-450. Won 3 pips for the effort).

So from the systems perspective, it’s not an unbalanced match per’se. It’s just a game of odds with plenty of unknown variables. If everybody happens to pull weight and gets a decent result, there’s still rewards to be had.

We’re gambling, essentially :D

Pips for losing?

in PvP

Daroon.1736

O.K – nice to know that at least the gaining and not losing pips is working.

So my question really is (and I understand that is isn’t an exact science) are you happy with (possibly) slightly longer queue times to be placed in matches where no outcome can be predicted, or are you happy to be put into matches where the system clearly predicts you will lose?

Pips for losing?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Evan commented to this idea and counter suggested a tick box you could click so you had the option.

Pips for losing?

in PvP

Daroon.1736

Evan commented to this idea and counter suggested a tick box you could click so you had the option.

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable suggestion.

I wonder though how many players would join a match if the box came up telling them that they are expected to lose? My guess is not very many.