Pips for tops looks unfair.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I play all classes somewhat equally so I’m not going to bother firing up a class discussion, but it’s becoming clear to me that there’s a large disparity. There are certain classes that are capable of securing 3 tops no matter who else plays what, and some classes that rarely ever get anything. I’m seeing it time and time again from a diverse pool of players.

It’s been my long time experience that game match outcomes are largely based on who decided to go where and how mechanically refined those players are. It has much less to do with maxing out stats.

It just doesn’t make sense to be rewarding pips for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

You get extra PiP’s for getting tops in PvP? O-o

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

Yes Papasmurf, if you get Top Team Damage or Team Healing, etc you get an extra pip.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

When I look at the top stats at end of the game the vast majortiy of the time the people awarded them are also the people I felt played best in the game. Also, if you play a lot and have a good memory of who the better players are again they are the ones getting the top stats usually. Most people build there classes to fill a specific role. For example if you are a dps you should be getting top damage and/or kills often. So long story short I feel like extra pips for top stats are totally appropriate.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

When I look at the top stats at end of the game the vast majortiy of the time the people awarded them are also the people I felt played best in the game. Also, if you play a lot and have a good memory of who the better players are again they are the ones getting the top stats usually. Most people build there classes to fill a specific role. For example if you are a dps you should be getting top damage and/or kills often. So long story short I feel like extra pips for top stats are totally appropriate.

This is usually only the case when skill disparity is really high, like late night matches.

When the matching is more balanced, there’s a disparity between classes that doesn’t relatively match their actual contribution towards a win. One case in point would be a mesmer forced to play hard portal because distracting tanks becomes the most effective tactic. There are no tops for that, yet it can be the sole deciding factor in the match outcome.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It heavily depends on role. You are not going to get any/many top stats as roamer for example due to nature of the role. You do get rewarded a lot for afking on point and spamming everything off CD.

And as stated above, the only other case you get top stats as roamer for example is when you miles better than your team and literary doing their job. It is not a subjective thing when even your enemy says you carried your team.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Earlier i played game where i was forced to hold mid multiple times vs 3 as thief.

My team was zerging like mad….4v2ing vs an ele + druid at home for minutes. and defending our boss with 3 vs just 1 guy. Not once but 3 times.

At the end the warrior who was part of that zergfest stated he carried since he had 3 tops.

Is that u?