Played ~10matches today, all against premade

in PvP

Posted by: Bimpnottin.3659

Bimpnottin.3659

Today, I played about 10 unranked matches and all of them were against premade teams or guild teams. Needless to say, we lost a lot of them. This is seriously no fun. I queue solo, my team mates queue solo (I have begin asking them, because I found it so suspicious) and every kitten time, we end up against a premade/guild. I know that the player base is not that large, but I would like to wait a little longer so I could actually have a better chance at winning.

I’m also beginning to think that my match making is broken because it keeps happening, I’ve noticed this a few days ago also.

in PvP

Posted by: Chubbles.3947

Chubbles.3947

I don’t play against as many premade groups as you but I completely agree. Playing as a solo player against a coordinated team is miserable. Arena Net really needs to separate the queues.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

I was just in a match that had both teams 2-1-1-1. I was one of the soloers. In the beginning a few in our team said “hi”. No other team communication after that.

We won 500-150. One guy from the losing team said in say channel: “Nice to lose to a premade”.

I think that big part of complaints regarding matchmaking is related to ignorance and inability.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I was just in a match that had both teams 2-1-1-1. I was one of the soloers. In the beginning a few in our team said “hi”. No other team communication after that.

We won 500-150. One guy from the losing team said in say channel: “Nice to lose to a premade”.

I think that big part of complaints regarding matchmaking is related to ignorance and inability.

I think most people who post here know how to right click on leader board to find out if ppl are in a team or not. it maybe be hard to tell between a 5 man or a 3+2 but it’s unlikely anyone with decent mmr wouldn’t know a 2 1 1 1 from a 5 man.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Honestly, even 2-man teams can be devastating if played together in a certain way on certain maps.

Pre-mades should just do the polite thing and go ranked. Leave unranked alone.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I think most people who post here know how to right click on leader board to find out if ppl are in a team or not. it maybe be hard to tell between a 5 man or a 3+2 but it’s unlikely anyone with decent mmr wouldn’t know a 2 1 1 1 from a 5 man.

I’m sorry but I have even less faith in the pvp community. I have seen what Vieteriukko.6075 has been talking about several times. I’ve also witnessed several solo players, 1 post per account, QQ on the forums after a bad match.

That’s not to say OP didn’t right click the names to make sure they were a premade instead of making assumptions.. surly she did so.

Honestly, even 2-man teams can be devastating if played together in a certain way on certain maps.

Pre-mades should just do the polite thing and go ranked. Leave unranked alone.

Solo players hate premades in ranked pvp too… to the point that they automatically quit. It’s probably my biggest pet-peeves… if you can’t stand premades in Ranked PvP then why do Ranked at all? It’s meant to be competitive, not “easy soloq only”. Where’s the competition? I’m jelly of the OP.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

I am absolutely not a fan of premade vs pug and pure soloplayer. But I’ve seen for weeks no premade more. I do not understand why this is so different.

in PvP

Posted by: Necromonger.4970

Necromonger.4970

Solo players hate premades in ranked pvp too… to the point that they automatically quit. It’s probably my biggest pet-peeves… if you can’t stand premades in Ranked PvP then why do Ranked at all? It’s meant to be competitive, not “easy soloq only”. Where’s the competition? I’m jelly of the OP.

There are premades in unranked too. I also see no difference in ranked and unranked, besides the better map pool.

Sure, 5 men premade with voice comms, slamming 5 solos is the true definition of competition.

(edited by Necromonger.4970)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

im sorry but i dont see the big deal. Everyone always assumes team speak and other things when premade. Me and my guild mates usually arent on TS because we got kids and there asleep.

Also been running with a group in a 5 man premade and on team speak. We have lost to 5 solo que players and the smack talk they send our way is like wow. Then we face another 5 man solo and we crush them and they scream the we shouldnt have to face premades.

Id just like to say i just want good matches and the 5 man teams dont matter to me. Its all about a competitive fun game. If i lose 7 and win 3 it wouldnt matter if every game was fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Either fight premades or wait 1h+ in queue, pick your poison. Anet cant magically invent more random players playing sPvP.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Either fight premades or wait 1h+ in queue, pick your poison. Anet cant magically invent more random players playing sPvP.

It’s the other way around. Team q and solo q were merged so that pre-mades didn’t have to wait too long. Solo play wait times are perfectly fine as is.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

It wouldn’t be so bad if they actually put some premades against other premades with solo players scattered in, but they keep putting a group of 5 against full solo team in an instant all the time. I bet it doesn’t even look for another premade group to go up against them.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

This happened yesterday, and it for sure wasn’t the first time. The Matchmaking is horrible. Constantly bumping into premades as solo/duo queuers is way more annoying than the queue times.

Attachments:

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

This happened yesterday, and it for sure wasn’t the first time. The Matchmaking is horrible. Constantly bumping into premades as solo/duo queuers is way more annoying than the queue times.

What is the pic supposed to show? 200 vs 350 with 2 neutral points isnt too bad, especially not on that map which can be won by the lord.

A good premade doing 500 vs 50… now that would be bad.

in PvP

Necromonger.4970

What is the pic supposed to show? 200 vs 350 with 2 neutral points isnt too bad, especially not on that map which can be won by the lord.

He was playing against Orange Logo, that’s what he wanted to show with the screenshot.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

It’s the other way around. Team q and solo q were merged so that pre-mades didn’t have to wait too long. Solo play wait times are perfectly fine as is.

they can’t inventmore random players, but they could re intro random arenas, which could bring more players.

short queues, solo players, short fights

and if every1 stops playing conquest because RA is moar fun, then maybe conquest was the wrong horse to back.

in PvP

Lazze.9870

What is the pic supposed to show?

Five solo queuers vs. Orange Logo.

It wasn’t that we lost badly, but that kind of matchmaking shouldn’t happen as often as it does.

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Its not 1 hour. If a que jumps from current 2 minutes to 4 minutes, or 3 minutes to 5 minutes, it really isnt a big deal. Other MMORPGs have ques that are currently 5-20 minute range (the 2 I played recently), which is still not 1 hour as you claim.

Also, I would rather have a 10 min que then not play at all cause vs pre-mades.

How do you think your que times are affected when half or even more then half of solo players quit and dont play anymore matches as soon as they get their daily win ? They go do PvE or whatever else. Do you think that makes your que times shorter ? A ton of people would play more if not for this, which isnt currently the case.

For me, add to that courtyard map and faulty personal MMR system. Since I have to tank to bring it down anyways, I might as well AFK through courtyard.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Wanted to pop in and say that you did fight premades a handful of times, but there was an almost equal amount of 3+2’s you fought as well. You also had some 4-queues on your team. There are many ways matches can be made, and you can’t always trust the party check.

There are some changes we are exploring that would further reduce the number of uneven roster sizes in matches, but nothing concrete on that yet.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Wanted to pop in and say that you did fight premades a handful of times, but there was an almost equal amount of 3+2’s you fought as well. You also had some 4-queues on your team. There are many ways matches can be made, and you can’t always trust the party check.

There are some changes we are exploring that would further reduce the number of uneven roster sizes in matches, but nothing concrete on that yet.

Bimpnottin just got told.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

3+2 or 4+1 still puts 5 solo at a significant disadvantage. If I’m even just duo queueing with a guildie we’re both in TS.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Every time I see a red post on a thread that’s clearly a QQ about matchmaking, I click on it as fast as I can.

I love seeing people making excuses get owned by devs. =P

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

An excuse? It’s obviously an issue. Nothing changed.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I really hope you can find a solution before HoT&PvP Leagues

Many times it’s really frustrating.

At least to avoid completely to face a full premade if you’re solo or duo.

(edited by philheat.3956)

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

I’m just curious how this issue wasn’t addressed before this “new and improved” mm was introduced. But then again, it’s anet policy to release THEN have the players beta test for free right? ;]

Also, it’d probably be a good idea to follow in Dota2’s footsteps and show party composition post match as in 4+1, 3+2, 2+2+1, 5-man, along with a plethora of other useful information that isn’t shown. Oh and don’t forget to add replay system and in game observer mode to high rated matches and tournaments along with re-introducing solo queue.

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Also don’t forget that not every pre-made is as good as orng/tcg.
Me and usually 2 guildies pvp a lot with just the 3 of us.
Hardly any communication during the match and no teamspeak.
We just enjoy pvp’ing in unranked
And im sure we’re not the only “pre-made” like this.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I do not understand what the issue is?: did you not get to play?

in PvP

Necromonger.4970

Haha, Mr. Lesh poping with his “statistics” again… Why don’t you just post his last 20-25 matches with scores, party size, personal score, individual MMR and we will make our own conclusions, instead of using phrases like “handful of times”, " almost equal", “you also had some”

What you are doing here is just shaming and indirectly accusing him of lying, which i think is against the code of conduct.

Edit:
Seriously, why can’t we see our match history ?

(edited by Necromonger.4970)

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

GW1 = random arenas (only solo queues) + team arenas (premade vs premade)
This system was clearly a success.

GW2 = all together in one queue 4Head

Why you did not learn anything from you success? Why you have to redesign everything?

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Thank you Evan, finally some admission of the problem! Seems it was being dodged constantly!

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Bimpnottin just got told.

Told what precisely? LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you play torunaments as a single player you can’t pretend to find a perfect team…
And you can’t pretend to not be against premade teams why the torunaments focus on fights against premade teams and it’s not made to make you able to fight only against pugs.

Try to play with some friends.

At last ANet can re-introduce the 1join tournament, where you can join only as a single player, making you play against other single player made teams. But everyone hated that and that’s why we have not that, no more.

Bur in the image posted by Lazze I can see a more or less well balanced team against another team.
2/5 of classes was the same. Blue have a thief, red have a ranger, blue have a warrior, red have a necro, red have a mesmer, blue have another ele.
I think that it’s pretty well balanced.

Then, if the enemy team is a premade and you play as a pug there’s few things to do, but you know that from the start nd you can still do your best to win.
And sometimes you can really win.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

wow people here don’t even know orng

and they still writing on pvp forums…legit af

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

What is the pic supposed to show?

Five solo queuers vs. Orange Logo.

It wasn’t that we lost badly, but that kind of matchmaking shouldn’t happen as often as it does.

But you didnt loose badly. The screenshot doesnt even show the final score. I have seen pugs vs pugs loose far worse even assuming you got 0 points from that moment in your screenshot.

Well, maybe Orange Logo is a mediocre premade. Or maybe they where drunk.

in PvP

Necromonger.4970

Is this an attempt to make a joke or you seriously don’t know who Orange Logo are ?
You know the guys that took second place in WTS and the guys that managed to beat 2-1 The Abjured in the first set.

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

Is this an attempt to make a joke or you seriously don’t know who Orange Logo are ?
You know the guys that took second place in WTS and the guys that managed to beat 2-1 The Abjured in the first set.

Oh I know. So would you also consider 5 random pugs vs Orange Logo with 200 vs 350 points (who knows how it ended) as loosing badly?

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Oh I know. So would you also consider 5 random pugs vs Orange Logo with 200 vs 350 points (who knows how it ended) as loosing badly?

The fact that they were probably trolling/sleeping/rom drunk (lol) or anything else doesn’t mean stuff like this should be allowed to happen anyway

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

I dont understand why so much complain i would lovee to play against them to test my skill level and losing from them whats the problem.

in PvP

Necromonger.4970

I dont understand why so much complain i would lovee to play against them to test my skill level and losing from them whats the problem.

Leagues are coming. If they are skillbased and not another grindfest, you’ll see where the problem is, but i guess it’s hard to see further than your nose.

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

no my nose is not to big i can see.

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

The fact that they were probably trolling/sleeping/rom drunk (lol) or anything else doesn’t mean stuff like this should be allowed to happen anyway

How would you stop it from happening? Not allow people to play with their friends? Only allow 2 man groups? I bet 2 Orange Logo would still roflstomp against all pugs, if the rest are decent. What if you got 3 buddies that want to play? Let them queue in the 3-5 man premades onl… oh wait. Thats impossible. Because they could never find the remaining 2. Split premade queues? Queue as a 4 man only to find that no other 4 man teams currently queueing… well, Anet would tell you that of course, you’d just be queueing forever.

Maybe we should only allow 5 mans in tournaments. Its not like sPvP need players anyway, pfff. Wonder how thin we can spread the already low supply of PvPers.

The mixed queue is a necessary evil IMO. Yeah you meet premades. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. Sometimes you meet Orange Logo, which I would think was awesome. The only way to truly test your skills is going up against those that are better.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

How would you stop it from happening? Not allow people to play with their friends? Only allow 2 man groups? I bet 2 Orange Logo would still roflstomp against all pugs, if the rest are decent. What if you got 3 buddies that want to play? Let them queue in the 3-5 man premades onl… oh wait. Thats impossible. Because they could never find the remaining 2. Split premade queues? Queue as a 4 man only to find that no other 4 man teams are currently queueing… well, Anet would tell you that of course, you’d just be queueing forever.

Maybe we should only allow 5 mans in tournaments. Its not like sPvP need players anyway, pfff.

The mixed queue is a necessary evil IMO. Yeah you meet premades. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. Sometimes you meet Orange Logo, which I would think was awesome. The only way to truly test your skills is going up against those that are better.

You can stop it by asking pre-mades to go ranked. Even 2-man queues. People team up to win, and if they’re dedicated enough to find a friend, they’re serious enough to go ranked.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

How would you stop it from happening? Not allow people to play with their friends? Only allow 2 man groups? I bet 2 Orange Logo would still roflstomp against all pugs, if the rest are decent. What if you got 3 buddies that want to play? Let them queue in the 3-5 man premades onl… oh wait. Thats impossible. Because they could never find the remaining 2. Split premade queues? Queue as a 4 man only to find that no other 4 man teams are currently queueing… well, Anet would tell you that of course, you’d just be queueing forever.

Maybe we should only allow 5 mans in tournaments. Its not like sPvP need players anyway, pfff.

are you even serious?

if i have to meet orng it should happen while i’m 5 ppl premade too obviously….not pugs vs top eu team, would be really hard with full premade already, with pug team you can just go afk from start and save time

Sometimes i go premade too…and last time highest score for other team was 120-150 vs a 3q in something like 5-6 runs, others didn’t even reach 100 pnts

And no it wasn’t neither fun nor challenging at all (Most of them just had 1 or 2 ppl going afk after getting 3 capped)…and after those sad runs we just disbanded cause it made no sense

I remember some days ago i was 3q with jacky and renna and we met panda and levin duoq on temple (It was pretty late night and probably the only fun match we had till then)…after winning that match i asked panda if they wanted to join us since they were 2 and we were 3 but then we realized that was just gonna be 500-0 everyone and not gonna be fun anymore so we didn’t….

nough said i guess, people are actually doing anet’s job at balancing teams…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

are you even serious?

if i have to meet orng it should happen while i’m 5 ppl premade too obviously….not pugs vs top eu team, would be really hard with full premade already, with pug team you can just go afk from start and save time

why? its just a game you will lose from orng so what?

in PvP

Dawdler.8521

You can stop it by asking pre-mades to go ranked. Even 2-man queues. People team up to win, and if they’re dedicated enough to find a friend, they’re serious enough to go ranked.

Thats a problem with players, not the game. Anet cant fix players. If they tried they would probably break them further.

Maybe OP should have tried ranked instead, if he find too many premades in unranked. Last I checked, there wasnt even any point to playing unranked as solo queue (or otherwise) unless you really like the maps. Personally I dont even know why we have unranked queue. Ranked is just as “relaxed” play. Its not like you join matches to purposely AFK and loose.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

are you even serious?

why? its just a game you will lose from orng so what?

god i’m so tired to explain obvious stuff to ppl who probably don’t even get the point of this entire thread

i’m done

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

yes we get the point but we dont agree with you its so simply , and in a period that we dont have an active ladder

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

These types of conversations will always keep happening until ANET returns to solo queue vs team queue. Solo should always play against solo. If you choose to queue with someone then you run the risk of facing other premades of 2 or even 3,4, or 5.

in PvP

Necromonger.4970

yes we get the point but we dont agree with you its so simply , and in a period that we dont have an active ladder

Sure there are no leaderboards currently, but that fact will change in the upcoming months.

Anyway, here is some ranting from Thelordhelseth’s perspective:
http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/v/4293927

in PvP

Lazze.9870

You misunderstand. What I meant was that wether we lost badly or not isnt the problem. The problem is that matchmaking like this shouldn’t occur on a regular basis, if at all.

The screen was taken a couple of hours before last weekend’s tourny, I doubt they were drunk.

(edited by Lazze.9870)