in PvP

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

15/char bug……….

Played ~10matches today, all against premade

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Oh I know. So would you also consider 5 random pugs vs Orange Logo with 200 vs 350 points (who knows how it ended) as loosing badly?

We didn’t loose badly, and that wasn’t the point. The problem is that such matchmaking shouldn’t occur on a regular basis, if at all. Five solo queuers against a premade team of top tier players is no fun.

The fact that they were probably trolling/sleeping/rom drunk (lol) or anything else doesn’t mean stuff like this should be allowed to happen anyway

The screen was taken a couple of hours before last weekend’s tourny, I doubt they were drunk.

Are you really sure? XD

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Are you really sure? XD

As far as ROM goes, no. Never.

But I can tell a drunk Frostball from a sober one, haha.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I sometimes team up with guildies but we never use voicecom. Sometimes just 2 people sometimes it’s 4. Not every premade is organized. It just reduces the chance of getting randoms that don’t know how to play at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Since the MMR system aint getting better anytime soon I figured I’d try and provide some help to benefit anyone feeling desperate. My advice is to get in a good pvp guild and queue up with at least 1 friend. I played with one guild mate today and we won 11 games in a row? Even as a duo It is not uncommon for experienced players to go on massive winning sprees. I believe anyone is capable of achieving similar results if theyre dedicated and train right, consider the following if you’re struggling:

Your team comp?

perhaps you can try playing a different class/build which suits your pub grps comp. Get used to multiclassing or at least swap your current class build up for who youll be fighting.

Poor rotation?

If so perhaps you could watch a few vids on youtube which demonstrate what you need to be doing on x class.

Rusty skill mechanics?

Join a duel server and start training. figure out what you can and cannot fight, learn how to counter every
class/build.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

GW1 = random arenas (only solo queues) + team arenas (premade vs premade)
This system was clearly a success.

GW2 = all together in one queue 4Head

Why you did not learn anything from you success? Why you have to redesign everything?

Why in the name of Thor we don’t get +1’s and upvotes for great comment like these and get quotes on QQ and bullfrit crap that nobody needs to see.

THIS, needs to happen. Nothing else… only this.

Thank you, sir. Hope it gets noticed.

in PvP

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

Wanted to pop in and say that you did fight premades a handful of times, but there was an almost equal amount of 3+2’s you fought as well. You also had some 4-queues on your team. There are many ways matches can be made, and you can’t always trust the party check.

There are some changes we are exploring that would further reduce the number of uneven roster sizes in matches, but nothing concrete on that yet.

Can you see how much this annoys the community? The core of the OP’s concern isn’t addressed by pointing out that he’s been fighting 3+2s (btw, even teams of 2 can have HUGE advantage).

The concern is that ANET doesn’t seem to be taking pvp (or our concerns) seriously enough to address what most of us consider to be a huge problem: You’ll be at a consistent disadvantage in spvp if you don’t queue up with friends, which sucks for those of us who just want to jump online for a few games here and there. Or for those of us just wanting fair matchups.

The worst part is that the absence of SoloQ is one of—I’d say—the top 5 things causing PVPers to quit. This is turn decreases the player base, which makes it more difficult to bring back SoloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Didnt they merge the queue’s in the first place because queue times were to long?

Seems that there isnt a large enough playerbase doing pvp for accurate matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Didnt they merge the queue’s in the first place because queue times were to long?

Seems that there isnt a large enough playerbase doing pvp for accurate matchmaking.

yes, remember the ones who are mainly complaining are also the ones who probably only PvP, so they can afford to wait. I doubt a lot of players are as willing.