(Player vs Player) we don't want to fight AI

in PvP

Posted by: XJamo.1930

XJamo.1930

Iv noticed in almost every match i play of sPvP i go to a point to find a minion master necro or a mesmer waiting for me with there pets this isn’t PvP please fix it nerf AI

(edited by XJamo.1930)

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Pets are just DOTs with an animation. But unlike DOTS you can kite them.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Pets are just DOTs with an animation. But unlike DOTS you can kite them.

Dots don’t body-block your projectiles though.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

QQ
Message Body length must at least be 15.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I play MM necro for hot join and it is cheese. I also think spirit ranger and phantasm mesmers to be cheese as well. However removing these would require a substantial amount of skill balancing which I don’t think is likely.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I don’t think phantasm mesmer is necessarily as cheese as spirit ranger or MM necro…

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Again, play MM in top 10 TEAM pvp, its not OP. It’s a noob destroyer build, but to play effectively in highend takes a lot of skill and watching (you actually have to watch your minion’s HP, and mms aren’t immune to clutter, you know. They see them too…) then they have less mobility/defensive tools and CC breaks to have to deal with. Try that out against top end PvPers. Watch your pets get aoebombed and cced while you get rushed to the ground because your a necromancer, non-the-less one with no CC breaks unless you have the precasted Fleshwurm, and even then, you’re still getting trained, now with 1 less pet. See how grossly OP and roflfaceroll it is. >_>

Get better and try to learn before asking to nerf anything that kills you.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

MM is Not a build for team fights. its mainly used on side points where they can easily win most 1v1

and….

• Minions are the clutter and they are absorbing most dmg/CC and burning the enemy’s cooldowns.
  • THERE IS NO WAY TO WATCH A MINIONS HP! :p is not like the MM can actually heal them, for pull them away from AoE. :p

(edited by google.3709)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

That’s not why you watch it. You watch it because if your blood fiend is about to die under fire/aoe you can sacrifice it to get an added 4.5k healing out of it before it dies. Additionally, bone minions are good to keep up as they rip conditions off you and steal life for you, but it’s best to blow them up before they die for the 2.5k+ damage explosion. And yes you can watch their HP. With HP bars.

I can agree their body blocking could used toned down, maybe even their dps and aoes should prioritize players > minions.

But I want a viable stun breaker tied to my bone fiend’s ability and I want stability when my flesh golem gets it, and I want to do more damage as the necromancer equal to any that you shave off of the minions. Sounds fair to me.

Also that’s the point. It’s a niche build. It’s good for basically 1 thing. What’s so bad about it excelling at that? Why don’t we go gut Guardian’s ability to be the best mid-bunk, and gut Engis/Necros from doing AoE damage because it’s so centered around team fighting where they excel? Lets face it. You just dislike the idea of MM so you want to kill it, but in reality. It’s no cheesier than anything else in the game. I find quite a few other things in this game WAY more rage-inducing than minion masters (even when I’m on a different character. My warrior wrecks MMs, same with my Mesmer, DPS guardians kill them fairly easy… Essentially anything can, just comes down to wanting to learn and stop crying.)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

phantasm is just as if not more cheesy than mm, at least mm cant go invis while minions hit for 3-5k. DPS guardians, unless they bring specific weapons, get wrecked by mm. That is all, carry on

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

PvP = player vs pet…. i quit wow because of that crap… :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I agree that AI can be stressful in hot join where to be honest is mainly a large cluster of crap for substitution of a another term. Otherwise, in team ques and even solo ques, where players are of some better caliber, the builds (Minion Master to be specific) would get destroyed, especially by cc heavy builds i.e. warriors, engineers, etc.
MM build replaces all your much needed utilities (extremely necessary in necro gameplay) with useless minions that will eventually get killed and to be honest have pretty useless abilities.
You also are pretty much useless in team fights other than being a temporary meat shield. So all in all, AI can get messy at times but as many state, they are easy builds that casual players of lower caliber can easily feel somewhat useful in pvp hot join matches, which is really all they care about. As for the time being, like ronpierce states in his sig, just uncheck “show enemy names” and only check “show player names”
The AI will seem a bit more manageable.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Iv noticed in almost every match i play of sPvP i go to a point to find a minion master necro or a mesmer waiting for me with there pets this isn’t PvP please fix it nerf AI

sure nerf my phantasms and clones that have like no health or power at all. if u give me better weaponskills and viable aoe that is not si based im glad to give up all my ai!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Every AI build shouldn’t be viable on PvP but very good on PvE. Sooner or later ANet will fix that.
Right now you dont PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Shakya.6351

Shakya.6351

Again, play MM in top 10 TEAM pvp, its not OP. It’s a noob destroyer build, but to play effectively in highend takes a lot of skill and watching (you actually have to watch your minion’s HP, and mms aren’t immune to clutter, you know. They see them too…) then they have less mobility/defensive tools and CC breaks to have to deal with. Try that out against top end PvPers. Watch your pets get aoebombed and cced while you get rushed to the ground because your a necromancer, non-the-less one with no CC breaks unless you have the precasted Fleshwurm, and even then, you’re still getting trained, now with 1 less pet. See how grossly OP and roflfaceroll it is. >_>

Get better and try to learn before asking to nerf anything that kills you.

i’m fine with a profession that is specialized in a thing…but i’m not fine if its done by pets…

and remember…the game is composed by 90% casual players and 10% pro players…u cant say a class is balanced because pro players know how to play against it, because the 90% of casual will find troubles dealing with all the pets and its not fair, since u arent doing PVP in this way, but PVE

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

What if someone enjoys playing a build where they have to watch a lot of things and not spend all their time pressing dps buttons and trying to lolburst everyone down but instead focus on strategical control of enemies and trying to survive with minimal defensive tools ( no evades/blocks/Vigor/Protection/stability/Sttunbreaks). Which isn’t all face roll fun and games highend, but it is my preference as I find it fun. There are plenty of builds Just like MM that has a very high skill floor (easy to play effectively in lower tiers) but high
Ski ceilings (harder to play/less effective high end). Like Spirit ranger, and warrior except they both have lower skill floors (not as powerful in the hands of a noob) but also lower skill ceilings.

Mms aren’t immune to their own clutter and also have to watch the hp of all their sacrifice me minions. So they can’t even just look past the clutter as it has value to them.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I think the primary argument pertaining to AI Builds is within the fact that the Skill Requirement of all AI classes is so low in respects to their effectiveness.

As a preliminary statement I love specialty builds, I promote them. I love pets and minions of all kinds and I love the idea behind Mesmers ect. I think the option to have pets should be available to all professions. However I think they MUST require equal skill to use. This could come in the form of removing pets ability to body block or by allowing them to be CC’ed off ledges or by simple number adjusting. There are countless idea’s for “balancing” them that I will not diverge in this forum.

For example: I can beat a Minion Necro with my Rifle Engineer. it just requires a vast knowledge of GW2 and Necromancer mechanics as well as the effects/damage of each minion the Necromancer controls. Beating one requires precise timing and most importantly positioning. However, to the Minion Necromancer to defeat opponents requires only the most rudimentary knowledge of Necromancer functions to reap incredible benefits. In short: AI controlled professions work less and gain more, where as other Professions/builds require more skill and knowledge to contend in the majority of fields.

I have played all the AI builds so that I could understand them. I also had several friends who were apprehensive of structured Player verse Player so I gave them each a respective AI build pertaining to their Profession of Choice along with a quick tutorial of how Phantasms work, or Spirits and Ranger mechanics ect. I would smile when My friends, Having never PvP’ed before, would all regularly top the score boards, which isn’t a particularly miraculous feat for a rank 1 in a Hot Join but the proof is still apparent.

In conclusion: it is my opinion that It’s just simply too easy to be “good” with a AI build. Absolutely there are better players than others but a good Elementalist will play hell to win against an inexperienced Spirit Ranger. It is for this reason that I feel the solution lies in a rework of the pet mechanic system in general. Allowing it to be less passive and more active to promote skillful play and a more rewarding experience for both the player and his opponents.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: OnlyFear.9165

OnlyFear.9165

I can totally agree with this. I’m typically not one to whine and moan about any build pvp. I believe in all player build fairness. However, MM’s became a problem in GW1 as well, and were removed from PVP all together.

ANET will eventually figure this out in GW2 as well. They some how think that the players balance is different, and any class would be able to combat them. I’m not saying I don’t kill them, but it’s to say the least difficult, and just plain pointless. I find my self targeting minion after minion.

Phantasm Mesmers are also cheese cookie cutter builds. Virtually involve no skill to play, as I play one when I want easy wins. It’s darn near impossible to target the mesmer, specially as a warrior.

Spirit Rangers just have way to much regen. It’s actually insane how much. Then if in the case they do drop, they get resd by the pet. I can see how this is an excellent balance for PVE, but not for PVP, needs to be nerfd completely.

OnlyFear The Last Pride [EviL]. Top 10 GW1 GVG tournament holder 6 years running.

(edited by OnlyFear.9165)

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Guys you signed up to play Guild Wars 2, and this is what you get.

AI mechanics are part of their game design, either stack up on AoE or don’t fight the guy 1v1.

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

The “Anti-AI” people complaining here basically want to deny the original design of the game and redesign it to be a twitch/timing game. More like a First Person Shooter (which many of them probably have played a lot and are good at).

But ArenaNet obviously wanted there to be another strategy that players could use to win matches.

RonPierce said it well above. Some people would like to take in the larger picture of a fight and the map…and that takes mental processing time that you don’t have when you play a twitch/timing class at a high level.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

welcome to gw2 esphatz where your game plays you…pretty much like soviet russia but with minions\pets\spirits

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I play MM necro for hot join and it is cheese. I also think spirit ranger and phantasm mesmers to be cheese as well. However removing these would require a substantial amount of skill balancing which I don’t think is likely.

Well, there is no future for this PvP anyway, why waste time to balance it.

Read It Backwards [BooN]