Players(who mostly PVE) queue ranked in s6?

in PvP

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

Q:

So I noticed less people are pvping this season between my Guild, friends list, and followers. So my question is, to you players who consider themselves as mostly PvE’rs, are you playing ranked pvp this season or is it not worth it with the changes to rewards prior to s6. Because I remember s5 to be the most successful in terms of the number of people pvping, compared to the other pvp seasons.

Although this question also applies to wvw raiders, I am mostly concerned with PvE’rs since they get more rewards than the other game modes, and I heard some friends talking in TeamSpeak about this issue.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

A:

I mostly PvE (raid) and I just did 10 games and left it to decay after I realize nothing changed and I don’t care about the reward that much.

I can chop tree and make 5-10x more gold / day easily than do PvP so the rewards do not entice me at all.

I still do unranked cuz I can get stronghold and spirit watch achievements while I’m doing it but ranked is dead to me right now.

I also got top 250 last season so no real reason to try again especially when most good players aren’t even playing.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

I would consider myself equal opportunist. I played all previous season and did pretty well, except this one. If anything I am protesting the drastic nerf on the rewards.

I am still having a blast in unranked pvp though.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Probably get a better idea if you asked this in the general forum page. Don’t think that people that mostly PvE only check the PvP forums too often.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Sectry.1236

Sectry.1236

I am but mostly because I need to finish the Year 4 achievements so I can finally make The Ascension, since I don’t like how Ad Infinitum looks. I likely won’t step into PvP after I get my remaining fifteen victories that I need, but I’ll still use the ascended shards I earned this season to buy HoT trinkets for any new builds in the future since I can’t spend them on armor for my condi ranger anymore without leveling my leatherwork.

in PvP

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

Probably get a better idea if you asked this in the general forum page. Don’t think that people that mostly PvE only check the PvP forums too often.

i did get 3 good answers from random people, asking in a pvp forum shows gives me an idea that people who consider themselves pve’rs still do check pvp forums and are in the same boat as me in terms of the question, and not just some random new player who has no idea what i am asking for.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Well, for me its kinda like this:
I’d make more money in PvE, but the best ways of making money in PvE is extremely low on brain stimulation, and I’d probably get bored and give up. You make money quite steadily in PvP, if you are winning a lot, its by no means fast. But if you are like me and you can’t stand grinding well you can’t make money that way in PvE either.

in PvP

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Season 5 was my first season as I have been pure PvE for the most part. Since then I WvW until S6 and though I try to do one or two matches a day it is not like S5 where I had to get 20 ranks then queue ranked. I wanted wings more than the gear but you get both because you need all chests last season.

I just finished my 10 and then got my placement. Sad to say that though I am newer to PvP I learned to play but unfortunately work has me busy and well…not happy that three times players quit or AFK and I got stuck where I am but it’s all good. I will do my one to two matches per day time permitting as the reward for beating someone down outweighs the other rewards.

Just to note I only farm PvE anymore for some ascended acc, trikets and such as I mostly WvW now. More people interaction IMO plus it’s fun to learn where and to what class I am weak to.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I play all modes, PVE, PVP, WvW and (ive mentioned this before) ANET messed up with the huge nerf to rewards after making it too easy in Season 5. There is absolutely no reason to PvP UNLESS you like the game mode. The rewards are a joke now. So I am not surprised if there are very few PVE players in PVP this season. Why would they? If they don’t really like the game mode they can get better rewards in PVE.

Me personally ive been spending 95% of my time this season in WvW . I was very disappointed that ANET has not made any progress on Class Specific MMR, Class locking, Class stacking.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Hardcore NA pvper had lost all hope since AG is dead and we don’t have ESL Weekly Cup like EU.

The tourney scene was the real reward for us. Now, going in for title or badges don’t make it up for it.

Rank Duo Q had killed hardcore none-competitive spvp players guild as well.

It’s like Anet do everything to make spvp dead.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

ANet is listening to their players. The players voted for duo queue only. It isn’t ANets fault players voted how they voted.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

ANet is listening to their players. The players voted for duo queue only. It isn’t ANets fault players voted how they voted.

Anet is not really listening. Players demanded a solo queue. So anet made a poll. But solo queue was not even an option in the poll – it was duo queue or nothing.
I think duo queue produces one sited matches just as it was before with premade teams. When player with very different skill level queue together a system based on individual MMR just fails.
Next poll was about locking classes. Player said no. But there is no reason why the match maker still creates teams with stacked classes. Even if player have the freedom to switch to any class a matchmaker should not create class stacks as starting team composition.

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Anet is not really listening. Players demanded a solo queue. So anet made a poll. But solo queue was not even an option in the poll – it was duo queue or nothing.
I think duo queue produces one sited matches just as it was before with premade teams. When player with very different skill level queue together a system based on individual MMR just fails.
Next poll was about locking classes. Player said no. But there is no reason why the match maker still creates teams with stacked classes. Even if player have the freedom to switch to any class a matchmaker should not create class stacks as starting team composition.

agreed, the poll before s6 was useless imo people still switch before match starts so having a fast cpu you can still wait the last few seconds while queued with a friend in teamspeak and go on a class that gives you the better matchup, seconds before match starts.

If there was a legit solo q like the first 2 years of the game, i would definitely vote for it, and probably be playing alot more pvp than i am now. Biggest problem i see is low pvp population, can’t fix that when anet is doing more ways to drive people away from the game.

One thing that will always be alive even with the low pvp population though is soloq.
It would stop people from blaming duoq/teamq as the reason they lost a match, harder to use match manipulation, people can focus on getting better with their class, the matchups, and focus their attention on the map, and their map rotation.

also…obviously lower queue time.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

in PvP

Posted by: Nothing.4953

Nothing.4953

I mostly WvW but I’d be more motivated to play if PvP rewards had stayed the way they were in season 5. I want to gear up my characters for WvW and PvP had great rewards before the nerf but now they are too overly complicated. PvP games are like ~9-11 minutes on average so I’d like a good reward for the time investment and in PvE you get a better return on investment for your time which is unfortunate for gearing purposes when I’d rather play PvP because I like the competitive game modes.

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

What’s wrong with multiple professions on a team though?
Show me stastistics where having 3+ of one profession makes your matches more or less favorable. Matches where it’s happened for me have gone either way, winning sometimes and losing sometimes, BUT It would be a scapegoat to claim I won/lost (mostly lost) due to multiple professions on a team impacted the match more than the opposing players just being better.

There is NOTHING innately wrong with a full team of one/two professions, you will win or lose based on player skill. If you think otherwise, you are probably not as skilled as you think you are and just need to blame something due to your inability to accept there just might be better players than you.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

(edited by Warcry.1596)

in PvP

Posted by: Granada Garuda.8391

Granada Garuda.8391

I mostly WvW but I’d be more motivated to play if PvP rewards had stayed the way they were in season 5. I want to gear up my characters for WvW and PvP had great rewards before the nerf but now they are too overly complicated. PvP games are like ~9-11 minutes on average so I’d like a good reward for the time investment and in PvE you get a better return on investment for your time which is unfortunate for gearing purposes when I’d rather play PvP because I like the competitive game modes.

I play all 3game modes so I don’t burnout and quit the game, this season though I’ve not played much pvp bcuz I have more fun and fairly rewarded with my time in wvw and PVE. As far as the gear goes it’s sad how pvp s5 gear was Good and now I don’t even bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

No competitive content like tourneys so all that is left is pve to do.

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

What’s wrong with multiple professions on a team though?
Show me stastistics where having 3+ of one profession makes your matches more or less favorable. Matches where it’s happened for me have gone either way, winning sometimes and losing sometimes, BUT It would be a scapegoat to claim I won/lost (mostly lost) due to multiple professions on a team impacted the match more than the opposing players just being better.

There is NOTHING innately wrong with a full team of one/two professions, you will win or lose based on player skill. If you think otherwise, you are probably not as skilled as you think you are and just need to blame something due to your inability to accept there just might be better players than you.

It is not a question of better players. And it is not just about player skill. Team composition matters. If all player have similar skill it is a disadvantage to have two support ele or lets say 2 thiefs 1 mesmer in your team. Depending on class daylies such compositions happen. If player switch classes often they switch to a class they do not play with equal skill. Small things can make a big difference in the outcome of a PvP match.

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

I like both, so I play both, I’m also decent at both. Embrace simplicity…