Players who rush far at start

in PvP

Posted by: LightOfTheMoon.4261

LightOfTheMoon.4261

I don’t understand some players in PvP.

Far too many times there’s a guy who insists on going far at the start of the game only to get himself killed. In the mean time, the rest of us get outnumbered at mid and start getting killed one by one.

We lose mid, what happens? Remember that guy who rushed far at the start only to die? Guess what he does… that’s right, he goes far again, and gets himself killed all over again, while the rest of us split to try and keep close and decap mid (since obviously the team that won mid can now assign 2 players to our close).

Why is it so difficult for some people to understand, that if you can’t decap far, you simply shouldn’t go far? Is it really too much to ask of these players to just help their team get mid?

Ascalonian, Sir, and proud of it!
Playing on Seafarer’s Rest
Ellen! Ellen! She’s our woman! Don’t vote Charr! Elect a Human!

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Common sense is apparently too much to ask indeed

When I press the Solo Q button I expect the WORST

So should you, the game becomes easier to deal with

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

What is wrong with that?

I don’t see any rule or warning in the game that say he can not go far.

The only problem I can see is that you want him to play the game the way you want instead of how he want.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

The only reason I can think of anyone trying to cap far at the beginning, is to draw off rescourses from else where. I use this tactic from time to time myself. Yeah, I may get killed, but I can generally draw 1-2 off of mid to help my team take it. If it doesn’t draw any off of mid, then we get the cap, and a few extra points.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

To rush far at the start, you should either be able to win the 1v1 or stall the 1v2 long enough for it to be an advantage. It can be a viable strategy, and is often a very good way to carry teams in solo queue. You don’t even necessarily need to decap the point if you can hold multiple opponents there long enough. It’s not a cut and dry issue, but if you die too fast, it’s not a good idea.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Players who stubbornly keep rushing far and dieing 1v1 leaving everyone else to fight an outnumbered fight: stop.
Just
stop.

in PvP

pdavis.8031

Players who stubbornly keep rushing far and dieing 1v1 leaving everyone else to fight an outnumbered fight: stop.
Just
stop.

Leaving which team in an outnumbered fight? Your team, or theirs?

If it’s theirs, then it’s a legitimate diversionary tactic.
If it’s yours, then learn to 1v1 better and you can gain an advantage.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Join him pushing far or play more defensively mid until your home person can help you. You can’t control players, but you can try to accommodate.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

in PvP

Narkodx.1472

Everyone presenting situations where it is advantageous to rush far at the beginning are probably not queing when I am because that never happens

Don’t get me wrong I am not disagreeing it can be a viable strategy and can carry a team to victory in solo q – This is like winning a match when it is 4v5 which I did last night (all four of our players had 200+ points) – The reality is the players going far are usually costing their team the game not helping just like you should expect to lose a 4v5 – there are outliers to everything

I also played a match last night where no one went to the home point the entire game and just zerged far/mid – braindead players are OP

in PvP

Lachanche.6859

I see you have not experienced what i am talking about, let me break it down for you.
If you push far you take a gamble. Will our close holder go mid so that we can have 1v1 + 4v4 or will he stay close so that we have 1v1 + 3v4 ?
If you win your gamble then it’s a 50% 50% situation, if you lose your gamble the game is lost.
No way your team will regroup, everyone will keep rushing one by one and by going far you will have single handedly destroyed every chance your team had to win.

So it’s either a 50% 50% split where you could win far by leaving close undefended or a 100% certain defeat situation.

Why would you take such a risk ? It’s not something you can afford in solo queue.
Even if you are a thief you are much better attacking a priority target like a necro or a mesmer on mid, this way your team is more likely to win the teamfight and you avoid to bet the outcome of the entire match in the first minute of the game.

HOWEVER, i was talking about an even more specific situation, a situation where someone from your team stubbornly keeps going far, he doesn’t care whether your team already has 2 points or if his presence is needed elsewhere, he just wants to win that duel with the far holder and he loses everytime.

This is something you should never do regardless of whatever.

in PvP

Narkodx.1472

I see you have not experienced what i am talking about, let me break it down for you.
If you push far you take a gamble. Will our close holder go mid so that we can have 1v1 + 4v4 or will he stay close so that we have 1v1 + 3v4 ?
If you win your gamble then it’s a 50% 50% situation, if you lose your gamble the game is lost.
No way your team will regroup, everyone will keep rushing one by one and by going far you will have single handedly destroyed every chance your team had to win.

So it’s either a 50% 50% split where you could win far by leaving close undefended or a 100% certain defeat situation.

Why would you take such a risk ? It’s not something you can afford in solo queue.
Even if you are a thief you are much better attacking a priority target like a necro or a mesmer on mid, this way your team is more likely to win the teamfight and you avoid to bet the outcome of the entire match in the first minute of the game.

HOWEVER, i was talking about an even more specific situation, a situation where someone from your team stubbornly keeps going far, he doesn’t care whether your team already has 2 points or if his presence is needed elsewhere, he just wants to win that duel with the far holder and he loses everytime.

this
pretty
much
nailed
it

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Simply pushing far and not pushing far equate to the same thing—it may or may not work.

You can blame the one who pushes far, but it’s also everyone else’s fault for not realizing that in a 3 v 4, you have to play more cautiously until another teammate comes to help. Ideally, you hold off the 3 v 4 until home is captured and the guy moves home or the guy at far wins the fight. If you know you cannot hold out, go far instead.

I don’t care if someone pushes far, but I care when someone is sitting around doing nothing when there are 5 enemies on the map.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Lachanche.6859

Simply pushing far and not pushing far equate to the same thing—it may or may not work.

You can blame the one who pushes far, but it’s also everyone else’s fault for not realizing that in a 3 v 4, you have to play more cautiously until another teammate comes to help. Ideally, you hold off the 3 v 4 until home is captured and the guy moves home or the guy at far wins the fight. If you know you cannot hold out, go far instead.

I don’t care if someone pushes far, but I care when someone is sitting around doing nothing when there are 5 enemies on the map.

Imo i would blame it on the guy who pushes far rather than the guy who doesn’t leave close, the pvp voice pretty much tells you “you have captured a point don’t let them get it” and i can see why someone would do it, the problem is the guy who tries to play it smart in solo queue.

in PvP

pdavis.8031

I occasionally push far in team pvp (don’t have much experience in solo q) and sometimes it works, others not so much. At the very least it does help draw pressure off of other points. I suppose solo q is much different though.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Lachanche.6859

yeah basically in solo q everyone does his own thing

in PvP

Posted by: LightOfTheMoon.4261

LightOfTheMoon.4261

What is wrong with that?

The only problem I can see is that you want him to play the game the way you want instead of how he want.

Of course, I don’t want to imply no player should ever be allowed to rush far at the start, but those who do, I would like it to be those able to win the 1v1 and force the other team to dedicate more players to their close (our far) so that mid becomes easier to control.

I’ve seen players who managed to pull this off, keeping far contested or decapped most of the game. They are a huge asset to their teams.

But what I was talking about was…

This is exactly the type of situation I’m talking about. If someone does this, he’s only hurting his own team.

Ascalonian, Sir, and proud of it!
Playing on Seafarer’s Rest
Ellen! Ellen! She’s our woman! Don’t vote Charr! Elect a Human!

in PvP

pdavis.8031

This is exactly the type of situation I’m talking about. If someone does this, he’s only hurting his own team.

Yeah, kinda like the bearbow rangers in pug dungeon groups who don’t know what they are doing :P
I can see it being bad, but if it’s a good 1v1 player, who can cap the point, and keep it, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Of course, I don’t want to imply no player should ever be allowed to rush far at the start, but those who do, I would like it to be those able to win the 1v1 and force the other team to dedicate more players to their close (our far) so that mid becomes easier to control.

I’ve seen players who managed to pull this off, keeping far contested or decapped most of the game. They are a huge asset to their teams.

When some one does this, they either don’t care about winning, or they just dont care at all.
no point posting.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

To rush far at the start, you should either be able to win the 1v1 or stall the 1v2 long enough for it to be an advantage. It can be a viable strategy, and is often a very good way to carry teams in solo queue. You don’t even necessarily need to decap the point if you can hold multiple opponents there long enough. It’s not a cut and dry issue, but if you die too fast, it’s not a good idea.

Exactly! This guys complaint is I believe the guy going far Isn’t contributing in this manner. I push far all the time even in teamQ. Why?? Because I can win the 1v1 at far 99% of the time and hold the point and delay the team as suggested above By Olrun!

Long story short Stop relying on SoloQ for your wins and get a team together and lets push the TeamQ!

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

“I 1v3 at far and you can’t get mid”.
. .. Says the thief who got roflstomped after his team wiped 3v4 at mid.

Too any times these days…

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Lachanche.6859

lol 100% this

step 1: far push
step 2: team wipes 3v4
step 3: 2 enemies move to far
step 4: far pusher dies 1v3
step 5: “wtf i 1v3 far and u lose fight”

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

even if you rush far; Even if you decap it and your team win the fight in the mid.
what will happen afterward.
The dead players from the enemy team will go to their “close”, you will die, you will give them 5 pts death, your team will maybe try to help you and die 1 after the other.

even if they don’t come to help you.
you die the enemies come to “Mid” with 3-4 people while you are on respawn; Now add the time to go to “Mid”

Going far at begin not good

But may be with experience and acknowledge of their own weakness this trend will leave the solo Q.

Even capturing “far” without back up is like the Memser’s butterfly.
It is Ephemeral. Such a hard work for only 10 sec cap….. ridiculous.

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

I think it’s important to note that pushing far is a very effective strategy when executed correctly. Not only by the one going far, but also the rest of the members. If home is clear and there is a 3v4 going on in mid, the guy on home must go mid. If they collapse on the guy going far, rotate to help him on farpoint or atleast help him get out of the situation.

True, if they are pushin far and there is a guy afk’ing on said point. He is doing it wrong, unless he can burst him down instantly. This won’t happen in most situations. I feel all of the issues people are having here are connected to inefective/poor rotations.

Shuriyo

in PvP

Posted by: Guard.6751

Guard.6751

In my opinion it’s not a good idea to push far with 1 person in solo queue unless your team has more sustain than the opposing team. This typically is hard to judge because you don’t know how bad your teammates are. Your role in the team needs to change based on comp and how teammates are playing. I mainly prefer to ensure you get mid and assist home if someone pushes to home.

My basic train of thought is to never trust my teammates to A ) win a fight B ) go or stay where they are supposed to or C ) play the secondary objective properly

IGNs: The Guardian, Guard – Main Profession: Ranger
Leaderboard Peak Rankings: #2 Solo Arena | #11 Team Arena

(edited by Guard.6751)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

And what do you guys think of the case where one player has a build designed especially for decapping points in 1v1, and keeping 2-3 foes on him without dying. Shouldn’t he push far all game long, while his teammates are either in numerical superiority, or with the far point capped ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

The problem with far imo is everyone thinks they can just go far and dominate. In real games your get ganked or held so long that mid gets capped by the enemy. Better to have that person focus their effort in the team fight and be able to cap mid/home rather then home/far because most often then not mid falls when its a 3v4 enemy favored. Yes Yes you are all super good and can take on 3v1 easily but if your so good why not help take mid? If your soooooo good you’ll be able to take mid out very quick then go far. Far is only good if the team abandons mid and go 3 far 2 home.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Guard.6751

Guard.6751

And what do you guys think of the case where one player has a build designed especially for decapping points in 1v1, and keeping 2-3 foes on him without dying. Shouldn’t he push far all game long, while his teammates are either in numerical superiority, or with the far point capped ?

If 2-3 foes are on him then great but, the decapper doesn’t know how many they will send to deal with him or how many will be sent to his own home node.

In my opinion the safe bet is to secure home first, thus giving your team a numbers advantage at mid if the opposition sends anyone to the home node.. judge the fight at mid to see if they need support or not (cc is very helpful in team fight).. and then go far if help is not needed at mid… if he dies rinse and repeat.

IGNs: The Guardian, Guard – Main Profession: Ranger
Leaderboard Peak Rankings: #2 Solo Arena | #11 Team Arena

(edited by Guard.6751)

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

If you cannot harass far long enough for your 1v1 to request backup you should stop going far.

At that point you have become a liability to your team.

If you can harass far (Or better yet are a turret engie) Go nuts, but keep an eye on where your teammates are. if they are doing poorly, regroup at wherever they are. if they wipe, fall back and meet them at home/mid.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

- Get 2 points carrying as much as you can
- Watch half of your team going far at 5 secs to enemy’s respawn
- Watch the same bunch of reterds getting wiped on far
- Hf being outnumbered and loosing everything else while they keep going one by one vs 2-3 getting farmed
- Alt F4

Soloq 2014

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Kanou.1054

Kanou.1054

lol 100% this

step 1: far push
step 2: team wipes 3v4
step 3: 2 enemies move to far
step 4: far pusher dies 1v3
step 5: “wtf i 1v3 far and u lose fight”

It depend of your team comp. If you can have a bunker mid, then pushing far and you can be able to win a 1vs1 it’s a good thing.

1 : They come for 4 mid, you play defensively for 20 seconds and force them to focus the bunker while the guy from close is going to reinforce for a 4vs4 → Bonus : 1 free node, 100% worth.

2: They invade close, someone from mid need to reforce close, no one is getting outnumbered if you push far, it means that you need to win your 1vs1 on far and your team need to win the 2vs2 or 3vs3 on close.

3: They are 2 on far, then it’s a bad idea to push far if you can’t disangage because they will outnumber people on mid very fast.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

The problem is that those same tards usually also fail. Altho I really dislike to see my teammates rush far at start, I don’t mind it so much, if they actually succeed.

2 days ago in Niflhel before the round started I told my team that I’m going Keep… No one said anything, so I said to myself: “Ok, let’s hope they play this out better than communicate”.

Nope, the round started, I’m checking what my teammates are going for… They all passed Mine, so I went Mine, and the four of them went directly to Svanir. Yes, all four of them on Svanir. After they killed Svanir, they went Keep and got wiped, while I was defending Mine against 2 people…

So basically after those 30 seconds I just gave up on that game. Before the game ended I saw so much stupidity from those same people in my team, I could write a 350 page Tragic book about it…

I’m no pro player, all I expect from my team is some common sense. If everyone in your team has some common sense you could win most of the matches in SoloQ… But common sense is a superpower nowadays, we all know that by now, right.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Common sense is apparently too much to ask indeed

That’s actually the problem, not the solution. Common sense tells you that there are three points to capture, and to cycle around them. That’s what the mini-map tells you. That’s what the UI tells you. That’s what you see. And if anything, that’ll be what the general playerbase will perceive to be “fun”.

The advantages and disadvantages behind each point come from a (much) deeper understanding of the game (your builds, their builds, your skillful playing and theirs, the distance between base and points, the “mathematical” calculations between killing and capping, or between helping a player and uncapping, etc) so the general playerbase won’t suddenly come to the conclusion that “we should stick to two points unless we know what we are doing when we go to far!” Nor should you expect them to suddenly “play better” like that. It’s not intuitive. Heh, the general playerbase wouldn’t probably even find that idea to lead to funnier gameplay, at all.

Conquest is a decent game mode for organized teams, but other than that, its popularity is far bellow many other game modes that exist in gaming. And for a reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Whenever you see an asura engineer, guess what….

Yep, he probably goes far and yells a lot .

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Zoso.8279

Asura…….. Most egotistical race. The biggest thing about them are their egos LOL!

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

I don’t blame them, fanboy will adopt on what they seen on twitch (insert twitch hero name here) particularly when top player do some soloq (reminiscing the past) but, how dare us to question them, they has 5k wins both solo and teamq and they playing for fun the way they want.
Soon enough they will figure it out that pushing far at start is such a foolish idea and realize that, they only fighting for one node (if they want to act and work like team) sadly they don’t cos of no communication at all.
People are too scared communicating in team chat ( yea rootword, TEAM) but hey 3 cap is esports.
so gentlemen lets refrain ourselves and act professionalism.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

(edited by Chapell.1346)

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

guy who insists on going far at the start

get himself killed.

In the mean time, the rest of us get outnumbered at mid

Wait, what? Math is hard…. So theres a 1 v 1 at the very least going on at far point, and theres a 4 v 4 at the max going on across the map on the other 2 points, how are you outnumbered and this guy is magically dying to air on far by himself?

Magic > Math
apparently.

Teach me your magical 6v5 secrets sensei.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Steb.2571)

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

What is wrong with that?

Whats wrong with going far is that he his leaving his teammates outnumbered on the rest of the map.

Mechanics like downed state Rez mean that it is very hard to win or even secure a kill when outnumbered. So, a far pusher is condemning his teammates to get wiped in a 3v4.

(1) push far and lose the 1v1

You are dead, your teammates went 3v4 on mid and are dead too, you are down 150 points and have lost the match.

(2). Push far and win the 1v1

3 of your teammates are dead, the players who killed them are off to 3v1 you and you will die too. you accomplished nothing.

(3) Push far and win the 1v1 and you teammates miraculously won a 3v4 or other team pushed far.

The enemy team rezzes and zergs you down fast.

A long time ago you could count on a team to panic react to a far pusher, and over rotate early. These days are over. People either knw what o do or aren’t paying attention.

A strategy based on the other team making mistakes isn’t going to work

Far pushing is a good strategy in hot join. This is because nearly all matches are unbalanced with one team having more players than the other. Pushing far to get a early points lead guarantees that you will have more players than the other team all match.

But this is why what you learned about Pvp in hot join is irrelevant elsewhere.

Far pushers are engaging in a high risk/low reward strategy, and most of the time they are doing it for completely selfish reasons like preferring to 1v1.

If you push far and lose you just lost the match, if you win, you won almost nothing for your team, even if they managed to win an outnumbered fight which is almost impossible.

What thieves and troll engineers should do is either take the home point, then rush far or stay home depending on whats happening mid…. OR…. Rush mid anyways even though they really aren’t the best team fighter and push far once their team secures a kill.

After the first kill (or death of their teammate), they can leave, rush far, and spend the rest of the game in mostly 1v1s, but they need to help their team win the first skirmish.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

guy who insists on going far at the start

get himself killed.

In the mean time, the rest of us get outnumbered at mid

Wait, what? Math is hard…. So theres a 1 v 1 at the very least going on at far point, and theres a 4 v 4 at the max going on across the map on the other 2 points, how are you outnumbered and this guy is magically dying to air on far by himself?

Magic > Math
apparently.

Teach me your magical 6v5 secrets sensei.

There’s also a guy who went to pickup the home point.

Maps are different, but he’s 30 seconds away minimum from being able to help with anything.

The rest of your team is 3v4 against the smart team that didn’t rush far and they will be wiped. Counting on superhuman efforts from a bunker is not a reliable strategy.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Pushing far relies on many factors, such as the map and the team compositions. It can be effective, but it’s too risky to be done in solo queue in my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

If you have a perpetual far point pusher in your pug then just embrace it and work it into your team strat. Taking the initiative is not a bad thing unless you do it haphazardly – like letting him go by himself and praying he wins the match up. You’re not going to get very far with part of your team playing their own strat while the rest of you play another. The surest way to win is the path of least resistance.

Also, the 1-3-1 split requires both ’1’s to rotate accordingly. When far pusher is at far, backpoint has to be prepared to push to mid to balance the numbers. Going AFK on backpoint in that situation is just as bad as pushing into a bad match up at far point.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Zoso.8279

If you have a perpetual far point pusher in your pug then just embrace it and work it into your team strat. Taking the initiative is not a bad thing unless you do it haphazardly – like letting him go by himself and praying he wins the match up. You’re not going to get very far with part of your team playing their own strat while the rest of you play another. The surest way to win is the path of least resistance.

Also, the 1-3-1 split requires both ’1’s to rotate accordingly. When far pusher is at far, backpoint has to be prepared to push to mid to balance the numbers. Going AFK on backpoint in that situation is just as bad as pushing into a bad match up at far point.

I agree home bunker should be proactive and not just active but the person who pushes far should be the one who adapts to the team strategy not the other 4 people who are the majority. But in yoloq its not about teamwork sadly. Unless you get lucky and get teamed up with “team players” who care about the team more then themselves.

(not saying all far pushers are selfish but if your team asks you to go mid and you’d rather go far because you want I think that is pretty selfish)

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

What’s not to get? The general tatic to this is pretty much being on the offensive and distract the other team right at the start.
The only time I see this being utalise is in Forest of Niflhel and Skyhammer (althought the forst is more effective at this) since there are two doors at the base, one toward the nearest cap and the other toward the other team base.

This what usually what happened when the tatic apply when that person who rush to the other team cap-

1. The team capped it and went to the Svanir or Cheiftain, that person start to decapped it thus losing their point right at the start. Granted a person can come back to fight that person.

2. Someone was there to guard it so a fight ensure which will depend who will died first.

3. More than one person defend it and it is the same at above.

Granted to fully utalize this tatic to the fullet, the player pretty much got to have a high survival skill or to tank the other player. In another word, a good player.

All in all this tatic served to distact the other team and making them gaining less point right at the start.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

bring this up.

seriously, it is a brain system problem i think.
Most of them can not even explain why the y go far. Some players (warrior that i will not name) even say, I always go far at begin no matter what.

I hope not to get sick, because each time it really goes on my nerves.

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

in PvP

Posted by: METAShift.2913

METAShift.2913

1. I(engi) cap close at start
2. close is capped, I see on the map that a mesmer that is very good at pvp and knows to “fight on point guys” already downed at mid because he was standing in the circle and eating cleave
3. A ranger goes downstate mid because he was trying to rez that mesmer with a zerker amulet on point, mesmer goes full downed
4. I say kitten it and push far, maybe I can at least get a decap or we have 2 points and the 2 respawns can at least keep close decapped a bit before dying

90% of my soloq games

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This.
If I can go far, win a 1v1 (or 1v2) and cap a node, I’m going to keep doing it until something changes. If I lose one time, I never roam far again unless it’s strategically in my best interests.

Sometimes I’ll get a bad thief and I’m forced to do his job; roam and decap points… I’m a guardian without speed runes and I Far-Point-Assault better than 90% of players on my team :/

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

As far as I am concerned in a true pug environment its never good to rush far point to start with any number. I believe in keep it simple stupid when playing with complete strangers. 4/1 split to start when its pugs wins the vast majority of the time. People can try to defend it all they want. It’s awful strategy and if you do it you are a newb to me and I’ll let you know even if it works. I’ll say what I say to all conquest geniuses watch some videos of how top teams open the vast majority of the time. But you know better somehow.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I think its fine, i find most people rush home as well. I dont know the people your playing against but i find spreading out pug players is better. 1 home 2mid 2far. This forces a good premade to make a decision. If your a good player you should win your 1 vs 1 or 2vs 2. Obviously if you play with players who arent as good it doesnt matter how you spread them at start your not gonna win cause there not as good.

I had a coach once tell a kid on the team he shot too much and he needed to run the plays. The kid asked why, coach said cause your a role player. Most people dont know it in gw2 but they are also role players and dont know it.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I think its fine, i find most people rush home as well. I dont know the people your playing against but i find spreading out pug players is better. 1 home 2mid 2far. This forces a good premade to make a decision. If your a good player you should win your 1 vs 1 or 2vs 2. Obviously if you play with players who arent as good it doesnt matter how you spread them at start your not gonna win cause there not as good.

I had a coach once tell a kid on the team he shot too much and he needed to run the plays. The kid asked why, coach said cause your a role player. Most people dont know it in gw2 but they are also role players and dont know it.

that’s how you get stuck in small fights and not rotating. if you fail to win a single fight, you’ll be 3 capped and blown out in short order. I see this happen so often and I’m appalled that someone is recommending it here.

the best openers create advantageous match ups through the use of numbers to score quick kills and tilt the numbers advantage in their favor as early as possible. Seeking out even numbered fights doesn’t do that.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

If only Cruuk could be here to comment, this thread would turn into the best thing I would have read all week.

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I lost countless games after holding 2 pts then ppl rush far and lose mid + home. what can you do really….