Playing with DEVS in hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Just wanted to say that tonight Bluxgore (Evan Lesh) played with us for a little over an hour in hotjoins and it was really pretty cool. Fun to see the DEVS in the game and actually playing, killing, and dying with the rest of us.

Hope to do it again some time with him and others.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Well if you see a dev playing again make sure you pick a theaf and backstab them in stealth as many times as you can and run away like a coward and then we might see some changes

in PvP

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Well if you see a dev playing again make sure you pick a theaf and backstab them in stealth as many times as you can and run away like a coward and then we might see some changes

Again? Stop.

in PvP

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Again? Stop.

dude it’s just a joke…you stop

in PvP

Posted by: jonaspledge.9684

jonaspledge.9684

It was a lot of fun playing with him, and really cool to see devs jumping into hotjoin with the common folk. He was pretty good too.

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Did the dev ever nerd rage?

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

This is why I can’t use my ANet tag very much in-game X[

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Next

I like to refer to it as “Hard Mode” when in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellimist.2619

Ellimist.2619

I am not afraid to admit the one time I found an arena net tag in a hot join match I chased them around a bit, they were really good though. Not sure who Taru Taru is at arena net but they play their engineer and ranger like a pro >.<

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Dodge roll, use mist form, blurred frenzy, distortion, yadda yadda…

in PvP

Posted by: Schei.7301

Schei.7301

How about actually taking into consideration what he was implying. Backstab thieves are currently very broken, for example I have been 3 shotted instantly by one of them while in full exotics while playing a warrior in open WvW. When I say 3 shotted I mean I was dead in roughly a second, I checked out the combat log to see a 12k crit, and 2 6k crits.

ldnb

in PvP

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

I like to refer to it as “Hard Mode” when in PvP.

^ This = Win

Hahahaha. Made my day… it was a long one too.

in PvP

Posted by: SexyWong.8641

SexyWong.8641

props to rakaul who played with us in free tournament and won

in PvP

Posted by: phyxx.7425

phyxx.7425

How about actually taking into consideration what he was implying. Backstab thieves are currently very broken, for example I have been 3 shotted instantly by one of them while in full exotics while playing a warrior in open WvW. When I say 3 shotted I mean I was dead in roughly a second, I checked out the combat log to see a 12k crit, and 2 6k crits.

by now most people should just be aware that most thieves in wvw are glass cannons. just pop endure pain as soon as the thief jumps in with steal and then smack them in the face 2 or 3 times and they are dead. plenty of other classes can do burst for 12k and 2 6k or more, just not as fast normally but when a thief does this and you counter it, they have no choice but to run away or stay and probably get squashed.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Did the dev ever nerd rage?

haha no, although I did tell him one time after we beat his team that “I am now going to add ‘beat a DEV in GW2’ on my resume right under cat-like reflexes” he then told me to make sure that I add that 7 other people helped me lol

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Devs have it hard. As soon as we realize there’s one in the game, I hate to say it, but we all definately go straight for them the entire match.

:)

No hard feelings.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Dark Slayer.6251

Dark Slayer.6251

I can see it now, omg its a dev GET HIM!!

in PvP

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

Evan is a total bro. You’re gunna have to get through me before you’re allowed to kill him. >:)

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

It’s nice you have some devs playing with you on American servers.

Not a single dev or GM has ever set foot here, on European server soil.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: AprilRain.7649

AprilRain.7649

I managed to play with Tirzah Bauer a year or two ago, during Gamescom. Was mad fun!

So what you’re pretty much asking for is that not only should devs play 1 vs. 7, but they should also be doing this whilst facing lag from intercontinental connections?

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I’m not askingfor anything, just expressing my sorrow.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: MrGregor.4120

MrGregor.4120

A while back I was in a match where a Dev showed up with the arena.net tag. It was fun and actually gave me a idea on a fun mode that could be implemented.

During the match I noticed he was getting more pressure than most other players (for obvious reasons). So I started making it a priority to stun and target people targeting him. The match became this “Protect The MVP” mode or something you would see typical in a FPS. It was actually a rush to try and keep him alive. I think it might be a fun idea to tag someone randomly in the match as a MVP and they give the team bonus for being alive and the enemy team a bonus for killing them.

Anyways keep coming into the matches Devs. Makes us feel like you care

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Maybe the guy with the arena net tag isn’t a developer, but is a accountant or a janitor that works at arena nets.

in PvP

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Was just playing with Cilantro tonight, and I admit there was a player on the other team who kept gunning purely for him, constantly bringing it up in mapchat. It was pretty irksome for everyone else (“die anet guy”) and whatnot.

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

Great, it seems the devs are playing with us a little more than earlier (at least that’s the impression I’m getting). Seems like they care and this will help the game develop further. Hope I’ll have a shot to play with some of them later!

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Beonebee.7385

Beonebee.7385

I was that guy head hunting the Anet employee haha. Can’t remember his name… mh melee dagger necro? Decent player.

in PvP

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

If it was Strife, that was me! :P

in PvP

Posted by: Powerr.3649

Powerr.3649

There once was this player named Gandalf, fighting him was hard mode in itself.

Powerr
PZ

in PvP

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

One of my GW2 friends is euro and plays on Desolation. He has played with lots of Devs More so during the final betas and launch, not sure how often he sees them any more though.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in PvP

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

If it was Strife, that was me! :P

Oooo that’s you? I remember a couple of months ago I fought you on my Necro. I wish you guys would get on more, it’s always fun playing with ya

..Even if you do get singled out and picked on because of your tag. Sorry about that, lol.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Powerr.3649

Powerr.3649

Gandalf wouldn’t let ^^^ happen

Powerr
PZ