Please Anet commit to 2v2 (or 3v3)

in PvP

Posted by: Akenos.4762

Akenos.4762

The simple truth of the matter is; I have played with the same several people over the past 10 to 15 years, across many games, and they have recently looked at GW2 and thought “we cannot actually play as a 5 stack team, so why would we play GW?”. To which I have no response.

Only being able to queue as a two stack is the best part of pointless, I thought GW2 was supposed to be an MMO? And if the developers cannot make the game work with 3v3 or 5v5, perhaps they should stop advertising it as an MMO…

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

M-maybe it’s in today’s expansion announcement? Anet-kun pls?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I mentioned this in the AMA, may as well repeat it here. For a multitude of reasons, balance being just one, we don’t have any plans on doing a 2v2 (or 3v3) queue.

We’ve been talking about doing special tournaments on occasion. 2v2 would be one option for a special tournament.

but Ben, due gw2 existent power creep and how easy is to achieve high damage burst, 5 vs 5 is to much…. teamwork?? what teamwork????

cant u guys just hammer some code to test it? or simulate how would behave if it had a queue?

Call it a test mode, patch up some gw1 arena maps??

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

M-maybe it’s in today’s expansion announcement? Anet-kun pls?

Welp, no PvP content at all :/

Which is why this would be an absolutely perfect opportunity to do something.. The elite specs are looking great, but I’m not sure if conquest will be enough to keep people around. Anet needs to capitalize on the new builds and influx of new players with a new gamemode to play.

Nobody cares if it isn’t perfectly balanced, nothing can be worse than stronghold and everything is better than conquest.

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Could provide a 2v2 or other game mode as a side option during off season. But have the que disabled during the actual season.

Or

Just keep introducing new game modes as custom arenas and test to see if players like it as another option. Anything “new” will always bring in some kind of life.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

The simple truth of the matter is; I have played with the same several people over the past 10 to 15 years, across many games, and they have recently looked at GW2 and thought “we cannot actually play as a 5 stack team, so why would we play GW?”. To which I have no response.

Only being able to queue as a two stack is the best part of pointless, I thought GW2 was supposed to be an MMO? And if the developers cannot make the game work with 3v3 or 5v5, perhaps they should stop advertising it as an MMO…

Ummm… I just watched a group of around 40 of us vs the BG hordes in WvW about a hour ago.

Ummm. I still see many players zerging up PvE events and metas.

Ummm… If that’s not what a MMO is. Then I don’t know what is to be considered a MMO.

All of my PvP woes have been cured. By going else where for my competitive PvP fixes.

3v3 would more then likely be the best. However ANet and us the players knows that if ANet, standardize some that is not 5v5 conquest. Conquest would be a thing of the past. Because lets face it. Conquest is simply not a fun, nor exciting PvP mode, post HoT.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Eh with gw2’s balance 2v2 would suck. 2v2 is fun but you’d need a total overhaul.

Even with the total overhaul, 2v2 is worse for class balance than 5v5 because there are more fringe scenarios in 5v5 where a build can wiggle in wins now and then. If we do have 2v2 as primary balance, you will have WoW style balance problems where certain classes are just trash for months on end.

I mean right now, nobody would ever die in 2v2.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

has anyone else but me watched the tons of pvp 2v2 tournaments on youtube?

i feel like, after a viewing you would agree 2v2 being the way to go is self evident.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Eh with gw2’s balance 2v2 would suck. 2v2 is fun but you’d need a total overhaul.

Even with the total overhaul, 2v2 is worse for class balance than 5v5 because there are more fringe scenarios in 5v5 where a build can wiggle in wins now and then. If we do have 2v2 as primary balance, you will have WoW style balance problems where certain classes are just trash for months on end.

I mean right now, nobody would ever die in 2v2.

Given the worse case scenario comp, bunker duo vs bunker duo, it can function just as how WoW’s 2v2 works. A time limit and when finalized, the lowest health or most downs loses.

Given the skill-cap 2v2 can entail, there won’t be a “best duo” comp below Plat T2. By that I mean sure the “best comp” can dominate the top 25 but in pug divisions, there’s such a huge gap in individual skill that there won’t exactly be a “best” 2v2 comp.

Players worry about class balances. I don’t think it will be that big of an issue, imo.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Anything below plat doesn’t matter in terms of balance at all. If you can’t balance it from plat up then its a waste of time.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Anything below plat doesn’t matter in terms of balance at all. If you can’t balance it from plat up then its a waste of time.

Even from Plat on up it won’t be too bad. People don’t even know what an overpowered comp would even be – because build wars 2.

And if it’s SoloQ only then everyone would be in the same boat in terms of being under the mercy of matchmaking.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

i feel like, after a viewing you would agree 2v2 being the way to go is self evident.

nope you the only one that does that strange stuff the real world uses youtube for more better things like

how to videos
movies
music
weather
and so forth and so on !!

we do not have time for foolish pvp junk videos at all . oh not only btw

I wonder when it be people get this idea fully in their thick heads . which I think will never happen for that one but ahh it is nice anet came right out and said no to 2v2 .they are right it is something much like E-sports we do not need nor do we want in this game at all. have you all forgotten how people got upset seeing foolish E-ports ads on the games loading screens each and every time we changed maps or logged into the game its self or had it staring us right in the face with all our other quest mission stuff

Ben Phongluangtham.1065:
I mentioned this in the AMA, may as well repeat it here. For a multitude of reasons, balance being just one, we don’t have any plans on doing a 2v2 (or 3v3) queue.

no new system upgrades coming

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

nope you the only one that does that strange stuff the real world uses youtube for more better things like

how to videos
movies
music
weather

I wonder when it be people get this idea fully in their thick heads . which I think will never happen for that one but ahh it is nice anet came right out and said no to 2v2 .they are right it is something much like E-sports we do not need nor do we want in this game at all. have you all forgotten how people got upset seeing foolish E-ports ads on the games loading screens each and every time we changed maps or logged into the game its self or had it staring us right in the face with all our other quest mission stuff

Ben Phongluangtham.1065:

I don’t get it, what does it have to do with esports?

Do you have anything against 3v3 or 2v2 aside from hatred for a completely unrelated subject?

We are stuck with conquest exactly because of the esport madness of anet, and then you hate on esport and oppose anything non-conquest. wat

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Or solo Q last man standing arena.
And the guy that dealt the least damage the last 20 seconds gets a debuff that all damage dealt to him is doubled ….

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

how to videos
movies
music
weather

my dude. you salty little prune.

your arrogance is palpable, & by the word i use to describe your competence- oh so misplaced. there were, & are, people who share your opinion. those like that salty mesmer, still playing PU. who all do think esports are a detriment to the game. who shake with impotent rate when they see a simple notification. it’s pathetic, i know, but they, few as they are, are out there.

yet, one with a cool head sees more. one not so salty with their cranium buried in there derrière. because this death of esports has killed the top teir of pvp. it’s caused massive population drops, & bleed from the veteran community. no esports means no reason to get really good at the game. it was a loss very much felt at the higher levels of the community. it cannot be said the game has improved with them gone. if anything it’s been in steady decline.

as to 2v2. it speaks measures of you that you think that we ‘do not want’ 2v2 in this game. nor that we don’t need an alternative game mode. i would ask why you think the community doesn’t want 2v2, considering how many threads & posts are asking for it. but you already know about the posts, & still think the community does not want it, so i would not know what to say to convince you. it seems reason is not on your modus operandi. alas. if it were you would be able to see both that conquest is stale, & that the community wants an alternative. anet being stubborn against progress should not deter us. we have little to lose, & much to gain.

lastly, my dude. how is watching gameplay on youtube not ‘more better’ (your wording not mine) than watching the weather. it’s pretty stable in Holland, i just need to look outside, or check my lockscreen. can’t see why it’s a good use of my time to watch a video on it, but ok.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

NotASmurf.1725

I built a shrine. Now I pray daily to the esport gods to make this happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

How about ranked TDM 5v5 or 10v10 or 20v20. I’d like to play a game mode where my goal is to kill people or save people.

No thats not WvW.

WvW is a bunch of people following the dorito around getting denied by the other team following the dorito around for 20hours. Nothing happens and my god if something does happen it last for about 2mins and thats about it.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

in PvP

NotASmurf.1725

How about ranked TDM 5v5

It’s called Courtyard, it sucked, and now it’s dead.

or 10v10 or 20v20.

Not enough people, I doubt you’d want to sit 20 mins in queue for blowout matches where one side camps the other for 10 minutes.

3v3 arenas are quick, fun, skillful, and work with a smaller population. That’s why we need it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

You can’t stack as a pre-made because it was blatantly abused. It pleases the 5 and kittens off the 100 solo’s that they farm in an evening.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

This is why I quit pvp. The expansion is around the corner and there is still no word or any plans for a new game mode.

I and many others are simply tired of freakin conquest for 5 years. I can’t even muster an effort to play unranked, that’s how tired of it I am. I’m sick of fighting on a point. Even when fighting off-point, the fighting still revolves around points! Conquest has gotten ridiculously stale and boring. It’s just not fun anymore.

I think I know the real reason why modes like TDM or annihilation don’t get support. Because deep down people KNOW that players will dump conquest like a hot potato! You all know this is true! Don’t lie.

If the plan is still to support only conquest, well….keep losing players!

in PvP

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

You can’t stack as a pre-made because it was blatantly abused. It pleases the 5 and kittens off the 100 solo’s that they farm in an evening.

I don’t see any problem here, nothing is stoping the solos from forming there own group, also nothing is to say that group of 5 people are good enough to destroy every match that night.

I really think Anet giving in on this was a mistake every competitive game ever allows this regardless of tears there’s a reason for that. And how do you blatantly abuse winning a match fair and square? This community is the reason why Anet doesn’t wanna bothering balancing half of you guys are entitled children expecting everything should be equal in a natural unequal system.

Get rid of this notion that everybody wins if you want that goto PvE keep that out of PvP

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

(edited by Genesis.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Dubh.6359

Dubh.6359

Hear me out.

5v5v5 :^)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

i fully agree that 5:5:5 maps would be fun. 5 Point conquest…
Also a dynamic 3:3. Diffrent styls from deathmatch to CTF and tactical like 2 or even three point conquest which need mobility… DIVERSITY is it

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

I love how the only complaint about TDM is “courtyard was horrible”. Well yeah if devs only made 1 conquest map and just made it bad in every way possible then you would say the same thing about circle dancing maps. It’s all about perspective and what is favored in the dev’s eyes.

To be honest like most players in pvp i have to agree that if done right tdm would be the end of conquest and all the work the devs put into it. Devs have put 95% of pvp effort into conquest, 5% into the new pvp map, then SH and TDM share the last 5% of effort from the devs.

It sucks to have been able to enjoy pvp since launch then watch it slowly wither away. If they only invested as much time into TDM as the failed circle dancing maps then pvp would be thriving. Up to the start of season 5 pvp ranked wasn’t too bad, then it took it’s final breath as esl died from the non competitive play.

If you don’t have voice chat communication vs a team that does then it’s just over. TDM fixes soo many issues with pvp currently destroying it.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: Zuiy.8721

Zuiy.8721

We’ve been talking about doing special tournaments on occasion. 2v2 would be one option for a special tournament.

A 2v2 tournament every so often sounds fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Zuiy.8721

Zuiy.8721

I’m glad we got stronghold, it gives some different build options as you have to travel cross-map to get troops, and killing the NPCs instead of just players.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I don’t see any problem here, nothing is stoping the solos from forming there own group, also nothing is to say that group of 5 people are good enough to destroy every match that night.

I really think Anet giving in on this was a mistake every competitive game ever allows this regardless of tears there’s a reason for that. And how do you blatantly abuse winning a match fair and square? This community is the reason why Anet doesn’t wanna bothering balancing half of you guys are entitled children expecting everything should be equal in a natural unequal system.

Get rid of this notion that everybody wins if you want that goto PvE keep that out of PvP

That’s a nice post.

Given the current state, is in Arena Net’s best interest to not kitten off the many to please the few. I mean Arena Net has been trying to please the few and that led to the disaster we called the gw2 competitive scene.

It only took them 5 years to give up on that few.

The point being, your argument of saying kitten the majority is not going to convince arena net to see your side. Especially since your side is a very small and insignificant part of the population. Arena Net has decided given their actions to please the well rounded player i.e someone who does PvP, PvE and WvW versus the exclusive PvPer. It is for this reason why legendary armor was introduced even though PvP only players have no need.

You are better off finding a game that caters to your needs than expect a 5 year old game with a dead competitive scene and a mainly PvE crowd to cater to your needs.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

NotASmurf.1725

That’s a nice post.

Given the current state, is in Arena Net’s best interest to not kitten off the many to please the few. I mean Arena Net has been trying to please the few and that led to the disaster we called the gw2 competitive scene.

It only took them 5 years to give up on that few.

The point being, your argument of saying kitten the majority is not going to convince arena net to see your side. Especially since your side is a very small and insignificant part of the population. Arena Net has decided given their actions to please the well rounded player i.e someone who does PvP, PvE and WvW versus the exclusive PvPer. It is for this reason why legendary armor was introduced even though PvP only players have no need.

You are better off finding a game that caters to your needs than expect a 5 year old game with a dead competitive scene and a mainly PvE crowd to cater to your needs.

Look at all the complainers who said teams ruin everything. Now teams are gone yet many of them are still bronze/silver, so I don’t see what changed except PvP lost much of its dedicated players and streamers which hurts both the game and the company that owns it.

Premades were a problem in the early seasons, I agree, but later on they just became a scapegoat for bad people to blame their losses on.

Don’t think in all black and white. Many of you fall into the “premades are esport tryhards! esport bad! we purge!” train of thought. Teaming up is an important part of community building.

I met so many friends just playing in a duo/trio, then picking up good players and working out way up to a full party. That is no longer a thing. If you duo with someone, you’re full and the only otion is to wait a couple of hours, try to get 3 randoms in, and if we lose the first round then we either come back next time or most likely, never.

Eversince that change my friendlist is just dead. ATs are nice, but the steps should be solo → semi-premade → premade practice → tournaments. With the missing steps this system already failed.

I thought this was a MULTIPLAYER game, but apparently having fun and makng friends should be illegal. We should just farm some open world PvE map spamming autoattacks not saying a word like mindless drones? Is that your vision of a better game?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Look at all the complainers who said teams ruin everything. Now teams are gone yet many of them are still bronze/silver, so I don’t see what changed except PvP lost much of its dedicated players and streamers which hurts both the game and the company that owns it.

Premades were a problem in the early seasons, I agree, but later on they just became a scapegoat for bad people to blame their losses on.

Don’t think in all black and white. Many of you fall into the “premades are esport tryhards! esport bad! we purge!” train of thought. Teaming up is an important part of community building.

I met so many friends just playing in a duo/trio, then picking up good players and working out way up to a full party. That is no longer a thing. If you duo with someone, you’re full and the only otion is to wait a couple of hours, try to get 3 randoms in, and if we lose the first round then we either come back next time or most likely, never.

Eversince that change my friendlist is just dead. ATs are nice, but the steps should be solo -> semi-premade -> premade practice -> tournaments. With the missing steps this system already failed.

I thought this was a MULTIPLAYER game, but apparently having fun and makng friends should be illegal. We should just farm some open world PvE map spamming autoattacks not saying a word like mindless drones? Is that your vision of a better game?

You are absolutely correct. People are going to find any reason to blame other for their failures. My comment comes down to this, they aren’t enough people to sustain a team only PvP format, which is the only way for Arena Net to bring it back without causing a firestorm. Arena net decision to remove team Q was deigned solely to remove another reason for players to QQ.

About your last point. Multiple player does NOT necessarily mean teaming up. The only requirement for Multi player is having n>1 playing in the same space. besides no one is stopping your from teaming up with 30+ players in WvW or PvE, so the definition still holds.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.