Please Delete 'Practice' Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Or at least re-evaluate it.

Right now, because people are able to join/leave/swap teams, Practice Mode is more difficult, frustrating and toxic than Play Mode.

Practice Mode is supposed to be the beginners arena for people to play more casually and really ease their way into PvP. But the constant un even matches, land slides, and folks spamming to just leech off of a winning team makes it more frustrating for everyone.

There’s got to be some way to improve and keep a Practice Mode that doesn’t teach people bad habits and enable players to leech off of landslides.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I like it if it keeps daily grinders out of Ranked.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Keep it there. Only the daily grinders and newbies play it (which they should do).

Want a real match? Join an arena game.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

The solution was suggested a thousand times. Lock players into teams. Do not allow people to leave their team, go in spectate, trigger auto-balance, then join the winning team.

Is it ever going to be fixed? Probably not. Your best bet is to gather some friends, and go play some arena together.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Yeah, exactly.
Just make sure people have to join random team and can’t quit and swap easily.

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

What’s with the daily grind hate? Not all players are incompetent with alts.

in PvP

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

Keep it there. Only the daily grinders and newbies play it (which they should do).

^This. It doesnt even have to be ranked, you can play unranked, I do. I’ve actually had some pretty fun matches in unranked, even today. Had 1 a couple hours ago where we lost by 2 points. 500-498. If only I could have killed that Warrior slightly faster, we would have won.

Will you end up in a 4v5? Sure, once in a while. But no where near as bad as the constant 4v5 or 3v5 you find in Practice Mode. Or the constant spectate > autobalance > join winning team as someone else said.

I’ve been playing unranked since the patch where they made the UI changes. I wouldnt even consider going back to practice unless it’s something new I’ve never played before. Play unranked/ranked and let all the team swappers/ragequitters swap teams all they want in Practice Mode.

in PvP

Posted by: bud.9246

bud.9246

^This. It doesnt even have to be ranked, you can play unranked, I do. I’ve actually had some pretty fun matches in unranked, even today. Had 1 a couple hours ago where we lost by 2 points. 500-498. If only I could have killed that Warrior slightly faster, we would have won.

Will you end up in a 4v5? Sure, once in a while. But no where near as bad as the constant 4v5 or 3v5 you find in Practice Mode. Or the constant spectate > autobalance > join winning team as someone else said.

I’ve been playing unranked since the patch where they made the UI changes. I wouldnt even consider going back to practice unless it’s something new I’ve never played before. Play unranked/ranked and let all the team swappers/ragequitters swap teams all they want in Practice Mode.

That sounds like a really fun match

Now imagine it happens on a continuous loop… one game kind of extends into the next (mixing up players at each map change preferably) and awesome rivalries/friendships are formed.

This was the vision for hotjoin and it is a good one… to bad it got lost in the shuffle…

in PvP

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

^ exactly, practice mode SHOULD be more like PLAY mode.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]