Please Give Thieves Their Jobs Back

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

Mesmer population exploding.

Community in urgent need for pest control services..

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

game needs more than 5vs5 there is just not enough room right now in pvp for all classes.

maps need to be bigger 3 cap points not enough needs to be more like 5 cap points in a + shape one at each side , north and south , then mid that way pvp could be 8vs8 without the overcrowding and the map would be big enough to include 8 classes or a better mix of classes and team types.

on 5 caps one play could be Dedicated to Running away and role of De-cap pefect for thiefs since they can do that and provide the fast +1 they are famous for.

or they could just make Team deathmatch better and change that to 5 caps 8vs8
and keep conquest as is with 5vs5 , then 3 players can side on the bench between matches During the Tol’s and actively swap players like a basketball match.

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Poor thieves? What can we do? Tell them the same they told mesmers before the patches. “It’s how it is, deal with it, l2p”

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I’d rather give thieves their job back and let mesmer be the harder class to play once again. For the sake of mesmers reputation, and thieves position in pvp.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Poor thieves? What can we do? Tell them the same they told mesmers before the patches. “It’s how it is, deal with it, l2p”

hate to admit but agree 100%.

Pre-patch thieves justify their ability over mesmers and constantly throw the “l2p” words around, glad they have a taste of their own medicine.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

wut I’m still hunting mesmers and even easier than pre-patch.

The only ones that I hate are those infinite pu stealthed s/t kittens.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Even if mesmers never existed thieves would have trouble in this meta. They don’t do much damage these days since they can’t use berserker amulet. burn guards eat them, eles eat them rampage warriors eat them. I can 1v1 them quite fairly on my ranger now.

At least when you beat a good thief in the old meta it was because you did something right. Mesmers are almost as cheesy as 2-spam thief at game launch currently.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Thief complaining about perma stealth? Woah, that’s trippy.

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

guess it’s a l2p issue :^)

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

So we can all agree mesmer is in a good place?

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

So we can all agree mesmer is in a good place?

Of course there in a good place. Mesmer got more sustain & can survive 1 shots if build right. But it’s not made invulnerable as some idiot thieve players calling for nerf are making it out to be. That’s just plain stupid!

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

This post needs to be distilled into a signet and introduced as a utility.

….as long as the signet is insta-cast coz that’s how my Mesmer likes ’em.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Elxdark.9702

I play s/d, no stealth here.

Also yes thieves do have perma stealth which makes them perma useless too, while mesmers have a lot of stealth and still do a lot of damage with great survivability.

Anyway I won’t even care to discuss with people who are biased about their class, so I will say just one thing. Enjoy while it lasts.

(edited by Elxdark.9702)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m happy with the change. Most thieves have no clue about their role on the team. That leads to them being the biggest reason for a loss.

You’ll always see a place for top end thieves on certain teams (very similar to mesmers prior to the patch). It is just no longer a MUST HAVE on a team in order to do well.

in PvP

Posted by: Wickedesigns.1287

Wickedesigns.1287

I’d really just like to know a timeline on adjustment to overall balance. I love the pvp in this game and play many classes (most hours on mesmer), but right now its pretty borked. Roll this kitten back if you got to.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’d love to give a balanced opinion but it’s frankly impossible with:

The good mesmers that are enjoying the buff
The bad mesmers that are enjoying the buff
The mesmers that think they’re too strong
The mesmers that think the stealth inversion is thief payback

The good thieves that are still doing well
The bad thieves that are lamenting not being carried by stealth
The thieves that think they’re too weak
The thieves that believe that they are being slighted because of the stealth inversion

So w/e. playing crusader ammy, let Anet handle it,

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Also yes thieves do have perma stealth which makes them perma useless too, while mesmers have a lot of stealth and still do a lot of damage with great survivability.

Anyway I won’t even care to discuss with people who are biased about their class, so I will say just one thing. Enjoy while it lasts.

Woah buddy, I don’t even have 5 matches on my mesmer.

You decided between perma stealth or a kittenton of teleports/evades. Seems like its the same thing to me.

I won’t argue the difference in survivability between a mesmer and a thief, but in terms of mobility, thief wins by a long shot. The DPS and CC is exactly the same (in fact, thief is still better at both than mesmer).

People are having trouble vs mesmer and I get thief isn’t where it used to be, but the last class you should have trouble with is mdsmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

89% based on what statistics? I think it is safe to assume that number of thieves actually doing pvp is waaaaayyyyyyyyy lower than that.

Yes, thieves had some advantage over mes but not as much as mesmers have vs thieves atm for example. Or medi guards vs thieves. Besides it is team based game, you always had good chance to beat thief if teammates helped you (obviously same goes other way). From my personal experience, thief vs mes was similar to thief vs thief (whoever gets jump first).

Also, maybe my opinion is biased, as i didn’t play in low MMR for years now and don’t know how bad thief vs bad mesmers could be (besides when i rolled new accnt on NA and had around first 20 matches at the bottom tier).
I do get to see turret engi level of gameplay on mesmers now which spam mantras on me while i have stab on and can’t land single shatter on thief with 2 dodges only. Do we really want such players rewarded?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Elxdark.9702

Woah buddy, I don’t even have 5 matches on my mesmer.

You decided between perma stealth or a kittenton of teleports/evades. Seems like its the same thing to me.

I won’t argue the difference in survivability between a mesmer and a thief, but in terms of mobility, thief wins by a long shot. The DPS and CC is exactly the same (in fact, thief is still better at both than mesmer).

People are having trouble vs mesmer and I get thief isn’t where it used to be, but the last class you should have trouble with is mdsmer.

thief has higher burst than mesmer? yeah in ur dreamworld of hotjoin maybe.

Also I repeat, I don’t have any problems with mesmers actually I said they’re easier for me, dunno why you bring it up.
I’m just saying some facts and you pop up defending something that isn’t defensible.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Thieves never lost their job. They’re just not the only ones who are capable of doing it anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

We told you to “l2p” for a simple reason, once you learn the mechanics of the thief class you should of had 0 problems killing thieves. period.

Don’t be so sensitive buttercup

*Spelling Errors.

(edited by Highlie.7641)