Please Rework Dragon Hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

This elite specialization is by and far the least useful.
First, either make a trait remove 1 or 2 conditions per trap or make a trap that clears conditions.
Second, fix Heavy Light, it hardly works at all and really doesn’t need and icd.
Third, make the virtues instant cast, there is no reason for then to get a cast time like this.
fourth, make the protection from Hunter’s Fortification more than 3 sec, that’s as terrible as the one well necros get (and they get 20% less cd/leeching along with the grand master trait)
Fifth, the trap heal is just garbage, make it a blinding field that repeatedly blinds foes.
sixth, make the wings of resolve travel further, 900 range would be reasonable, z access (or y depending on your editor) support would be nice too.
seventh, needs a LOT of other changes, but I’m too lazy to list them.

I mean, all in all, this elite specialization is down right terrible and there is no conceivable way to use it in high level pvp play so please rework it from the ground up and make it on par with some of the other classes/elite specs.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

ANet already announced changes to DH which didn’t make it into this BWE:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Dragonhunter-Changes-for-Next-BWE/5419316

Still won’t make it that great, but at least better than not being used at all.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

At least a style or line didn’t die for it to happen lulz.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Dragonhunter-Changes-for-Next-BWE/5419316

none of those tweaks changes the fact that the longbow feels like combat in slow motion or the dichotomy of cast time virtues when for 3 years the Guardian’s entire core mechanic traits was mostly designed with instant activation virtues.

that and the long as kitten self rooting bow attacks on a class that has the least mobility in the game. (a 600 range 40 sec cooldown leaping virtue that can get interrupted and doesn’t bypass immob ain’kitten

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

none of those tweaks changes the fact that the longbow feels like combat in slow motion or the dichotomy of cast time virtues when for 3 years the Guardian’s entire core mechanic traits was mostly designed with instant activation virtues.

that and the long as kitten self rooting bow attacks on a class that has the least mobility in the game. (a 600 range 40 sec cooldown leaping virtue that can get interrupted and doesn’t bypass immob ain’kitten

I’d say necromancer has overall worse mobility, and revenant has about equal mobility.

In general yeah, I didn’t really like what I saw of dragonhunter. It sounds like it should be able to give a long range option to the medi guard playstyle, but its just not really implemented well.

I’d rank it along with tempest as the worst elite spec, but tempest is only really bad because its traits offer almost nothing of value. Berserker is somewhere in between good and bad, whereas the rest of the elite specs are really good.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

I’d say necromancer has overall worse mobility, and revenant has about equal mobility.

In general yeah, I didn’t really like what I saw of dragonhunter. It sounds like it should be able to give a long range option to the medi guard playstyle, but its just not really implemented well.

I’d rank it along with tempest as the worst elite spec, but tempest is only really bad because its traits offer almost nothing of value. Berserker is somewhere in between good and bad, whereas the rest of the elite specs are really good.

He thinks Revenant has the same mobility as a Necro, FAIL. This is why games should never be balanced around casuals like you.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Dragonhunter has core design issues, which is it’s problem. It’s got a longbow, whose abilities favor ranged combat. But two of the virtues (justice and resolve) favor melee combat. Then you have traps which don’t favor ranged at all. In addition, the DH virtues don’t work well with many of the existing traits for virtues.

I’d rank it along with tempest as the worst elite spec, but tempest is only really bad because its traits offer almost nothing of value.

Don’t tell the elementalists that, they’ll riot. Tempest is just bad, though the overload concept could be salvaged.

Not surprisingly, the same developer was the lead on DH and Tempest.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Revs with permaswiftness and a spammable shadowstep say hello.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I absolutely love the virtue-changes, but the traits don’t really do it for me either…. Longbow could be fun for certain builds, but didn’t really test it out.

I think the virtues work really well with a bunker-guard, cuz he gets better at linebacking and CC. I don’t love the high CD on the shield virtue though, since it’s IMHO such a cool skill that rewards good timing and positioning, I think it should be slightly reworked (shorter duration probably), but with a shorter CD.

The Traps could be useful on some builds, since I absolutely love Traps, but right now, I kinda don’t see in which build they’d fit, since most Guardian-builds rely on heavy synergies (shouts or mediation both benefit from several traits/runes etc.) and certain skills are just absolut staple on Guard (the heal for example is the same in almost all builds that are being played competetively).

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

I think the virtues work really well with a bunker-guard

are you drunk son?

which of honor/valor/virtues would you possibly drop for DH?

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

He thinks Revenant has the same mobility as a Necro, FAIL. This is why games should never be balanced around casuals like you.

To clarify, I meant to say that reveneant is roughly equivalent to a guardian in terms of in combat mobility making them both the second least mobile professions, just over neceromancer, since neceromancer really only has flesh wurm as a situational disengage tool and dark path as a slow, easy to whif gap closer.

Phase traversal is pretty much judges intervention with no cooldown, meaning it’s only high mobility is you have a distant target. I expect them to rebalance it though, since using it to rotate around the map feels a bit exploity and unintended. Once that happens revenant will truly have roughly equal mobility to a guardian, but it will still be ahead of neceromancer.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

are you drunk son?

Did I write the whole trait-line is better for bunkers? Nope.

I just like the changed virtues since they give the Bunker-Guard more versatility and utility. We’ll have to w8 to see what they’re gonna change until release to see if it’s really a good choice to go for DH.

So far, I probably wouldn’t go for it, but DH is probably gonna change quite a bit until release.

in PvP

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

This is why games should never be balanced around casuals like you.

give that man a cookie

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

are you drunk son?

I just like the changed virtues since they give the Bunker-Guard more versatility and utility. We’ll have to w8 to see what they’re gonna change until release to see if it’s really a good choice to go for DH.

So far, I probably wouldn’t go for it, but DH is probably gonna change quite a bit until release.

yes, giving up instant cast aoe condi cleanse and aoe stunbreak/stability sounds like great bunker changes.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

are you drunk son?

yes, giving up instant cast aoe condi cleanse and aoe stunbreak/stability sounds like great bunker changes.

What are you talking about?