Please add dire stats to pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Hi people, Henry back again,

There are no condi specs currently because you ignore this amulet. Please add it.

I did some research and found almost all players in gw2 were in favour of this amulet being added.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

There are no condi specs currently because you ignore this amulet.

Wait wait wait….Then what amulet p/p engi use? or PU mesmer? or s/s War? or p/d thief?

barb one?

O.o

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

It would help out a lot with build diversity. Part of the reason that condition mesmer is pointless compared to burst is that the rabid amulet doesn’t add enough tankiness to justify using a build that takes a lot more time to kill things. The survivability increase from zerker to rabid doesn’t make you tanky enough to run condition without an HP increase.

Still there are tons of other current meta problems that make condition builds suck too.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It would help out a lot with build diversity. Part of the reason that condition mesmer is pointless compared to burst is that the rabid amulet doesn’t add enough tankiness to justify using a build that takes a lot more time to kill things. The survivability increase from zerker to rabid doesn’t make you tanky enough to run condition without an HP increase.

Still there are tons of other current meta problems that make condition builds suck too.

Yeh it would. Well said.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

dire stats? Could sm1 explain?

Cuz I do think condition-builds lack good amu’s: Precision doesn’t do enough for them, cuz of extremely lackluster on-crit procs (both on sigils and on the traits) and settler is too tanky for the current meta…

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

There are no condi specs currently because you ignore this amulet.

Wait wait wait….Then what amulet p/p engi use? or PU mesmer? or s/s War? or p/d thief?

barb one?

O.o

Yeah, all of these specs are so viable in conquest, especially PU mesmer. If you play that you cannot lose a game ever again.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Yes, and while we’re at it, please add Nomad’s. d(‘-’d)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I think with the normalization of stats from amulets only we will see more of them coming into pvp. More builds avaliable and more diversity. This will be great.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Let’s just add perplexity runes while we’re at it…(/s)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Before, I never would have wanted it. But now, given how strong Berserker + Fire/Air is, and Celestial as well, Dire amulet would probably seem almost balanced in PvP…

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Before, I never would have wanted it. But now, given how strong Berserker + Fire/Air is, and Celestial as well, Dire amulet would probably seem almost balanced in PvP…

It would be very balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Hey! Don’t forget Trapper Rune set!

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I hope I’ll never live up to the day when these runes are in pvp. On the other hand, maybe condi necros would be finally viable.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Might be nice, but I don’t think we’re in dire need…

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

No plz don’t compare the two, I am heavily looking forward to the addition of Trapper Runes in PvP heavily, only way I see them ever bringing Perplexity Runes to PvP is the seperation of confusion damage in two types the highest being a normal ticking DoT the other applies on skill usage as usual so it is very likely it might/will make it to PvP no jokes.

I don’t see the benefit of dire, AoE cleansing and boons are on rampage mode dire will not hinder that, you will still be a condition wet noodle.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Lol like dire is going to help with the kittened amount of condi clears in this meta. Forget condi builds, anet has

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I support the idea of adding dire amulet to spvp. Not just dire but all the other stats that are missing like sinister, nomad’s, etc…

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If nomad’s ever got added I would stab myself in the face with a screwdriver in protest.

in PvP

Posted by: Weez.6315

Weez.6315

you dont see condition builds cause of all the condi cleanse and not because the current condition amulets would be bad in comparison.

Dire gives you the maximum amount of condi dmg, (lets ignore the few on crit traits which u can gain with intelligence sigil)
while granting 2 defensive stats.
Its like a Pvt amulet which grants nearly as much damage as a zerker one. i never understood why anet implemented dire..

Mimsy – On a crusade against PU and Phantasm builds!

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

you dont see condition builds cause of all the condi cleanse and not because the current condition amulets would be bad in comparison.

Dire gives you the maximum amount of condi dmg, (lets ignore the few on crit traits which u can gain with intelligence sigil)
Its like a Pvt amulet which grants nearly as much damage as a zerker one. i never understood why anet implemented dire..

it’s true. dire builds in wvw are so crushing. the QQ would be unreal.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Condition specs naturally have counter play because people can just counter comp you totally with condi clear. So dire would never be oppresive. Solider runes arent used at all and that is the same

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

No plz don’t compare the two, I am heavily looking forward to the addition of Trapper Runes in PvP heavily, only way I see them ever bringing Perplexity Runes to PvP is the seperation of confusion damage in two types the highest being a normal ticking DoT the other applies on skill usage as usual so it is very likely it might/will make it to PvP no jokes.

I don’t see the benefit of dire, AoE cleansing and boons are on rampage mode dire will not hinder that, you will still be a condition wet noodle.

The idea of running a Mace/Shield + Hammer Warrior using the undated Distracting Strikes (which gives might on interrupt as well) + 2 Physical Skills would be pretty appealing if only for the fun factor. You would even get cover condis from body blow. To top it off you could run zerk and still get decent confusion damage via Might.

I’m already looking forward to it in WvW.

I do wanna see Trapper as well. It doesn’t seem too game breaking and would maybe make Dragon Hunter more viable in PvP (atm it looks lackluster).

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

if they add it they need to rebalance some stuff. what i suggest is lowering the condi damage stats so that it’s the same as toughness and vit but as compensation add condi duration to the amulet.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

at one stage i had a problem with this and now im like “hmmm well i would make easy work of all those spam hard tryhards out there”.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Yes and perplexity after that pls

in PvP

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

I’m commenting for my own peace of mind and sanity here.

Majority of players do NOT want Dire, perplexity, whatever. The ‘research’ you provide is non-existent.
The reason most condi builds are out of the meta is because in an top tier pvp scenario, a coordinated team can remove the conditions from each other, while being able to counter pressure with pure dps. (also because shoutbow exists).
Conditions do not provide enough counter pressure to stop a train, if any pressure at all before you die to pure dps.

The reason condition mesmer isnt seen much in conquest ISNT because you arent tanky enough to justify the time needed to kill someone. It’s because there are many many many better choices to choose from than a condition mesmer as they do not provide much to the conquest game mode. Taking forever to kill someone is fine…..if you can hold a point (stealth spam), or if you can support, etc. Condi mes cant do any of those.

Afraid of anet not sensing some of the sarcasm in this post too. Can never be too careful

Poopy Person : (

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Conditions do not provide enough counter pressure to stop a train, if any pressure at all before you die to pure dps.

Wow, sounds like you yourself admit a perfect reason why dire could possibly be added.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I think most people in this thread don’t know the confusion damage changes so perplexity might actually come to PvP but definitely add Trapper Runes.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

I did some research and found almost all players in gw2 were in favour of this amulet being added.

Seems legit.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Last time I typed “research” on my search tool, it found me some photos of Jennifer Lawrence, but there wasn’t nothing that Dire in it.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Complains about everything being OP.

Wants to add an OP amulet to PvP.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Its not at all OP. How can anything be OP compared to the last 18 months of celestial. Really….

And its not OP because it has no direct damage. Conditions have massive counter play as you can just remove them (unlike direct damage). If condition builds become decent then the meta evolves to combat them. And that is IF. Unfortunately there is no way to combat celestial or zerker amulet in the same way.

It also opens up a ton of new builds which PvP is in desperate need of.

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Guys we know for a fact an amulet doesnt have to have the same stats as in pve. Look at zerk it has vit, valk has no vit at all but has toughness. It goes on as a theme for a few amulets and dire could be the same.
Stats we know come in 4 types:
Primary stats are 932
Secondary stats are 650
Tertiary stats are 451
Quaternary stats are 331

It would be fine to add the amulet with the correct combination of attributes as long as they are in the right tier as to not be over powered. Having more of the 26 stat combo that are avaliable in pve in pvp actually would improve build diversity as long as they are implemented correctly. We already have had added assassins, sentinals, cavaliers and magi why not more to come.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Its not at all OP. How can anything be OP compared to the last 18 months of celestial. Really….

And its not OP because it has no direct damage. Conditions have massive counter play as you can just remove them (unlike direct damage). If condition builds become decent then the meta evolves to combat them. And that is IF. Unfortunately there is no way to combat celestial or zerker amulet in the same way.

It also opens up a ton of new builds which PvP is in desperate need of.

Dire perplex is hated in wvw roaming and small group for a good reason. now, i’m not saying don’t add it- but prepare yourself for full dire premades. all five will be bunker tough and their condi spam will drop anything. it’s not something i would enjoy fighting, feel like you would need at least 2 shout classes with soldier runes on your team to fight it.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Please dont add dire to pvp….

someone running PVT does next to no damage but can take a lot of hits… Adding Dire would be unbalanced as you would have a tank who can also do damage

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Adding Dire would be unbalanced as you would have a tank who can also do damage

You mean like the current Celestial builds?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

except celestial provides less pure defensive stats than dire and requires at least active healing for it to be effective~
+ it gets nerfed

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Aktium.9506

except celestial provides less pure defensive stats than dire and requires at least active healing for it to be effective~
+ it gets nerfed

The healing I get when I play D/D Ele and Shoutbow doesn’t feel very active. It’s more or less always there so it might as well be counted as passive.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

+ it gets nerfed

The healing I get when I play D/D Ele and Shoutbow doesn’t feel very active. It’s more or less always there so it might as well be counted as passive.

it is a class problem, not amulet problem
+ as i said, that amy gets nerfed

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Aktium.9506

+ it gets nerfed

it is a class problem, not amulet problem
+ as i said, that amy gets nerfed

Ammies are getting their stats boosted in HoT to account for lost stats from traitlines tho. So unless it’s -10% on the current stat amount with no boost come HoT it’s a proper nerf. -10% post stat boost ain’t exactly much of a gamechanger.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

Wow, sounds like you yourself admit a perfect reason why dire could possibly be added.

dps will always win against condi as long as shoutbows/medi-guards exist in a team. Adding dire isnt a solution to that. Nerfing shoutbows is 8^)

Poopy Person : (

in PvP

choovanski.5462

dps will always win against condi as long as shoutbows/medi-guards exist in a team. Adding dire isnt a solution to that. Nerfing shoutbows is 8^)

if you nerf shoutbow people will just go back to the old group condi cleanse class pure voice guardian. shoutbow is nothing new.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I doubt dire would be needed.

Conditions can already be quite insane if done with the right comp.

With the changes to burning, poison & confusion they will likely become better.

There is also the latest post from anet that said conditions will scale much better then they currently do, but have a much lower base.

This could be bad for celestial builds but very good for pure condition builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

if you nerf shoutbow people will just go back to the old group condi cleanse class pure voice guardian. shoutbow is nothing new.

except shot bow has more CC & damage then pure of voice guardian while doing the same or better healing while removing conditions.

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

except shot bow has more CC & damage then pure of voice guardian while doing the same or better healing while removing conditions.

It will do agurably much less damage after the changes to stats and amulets as well as the condi changes.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

It will do agurably much less damage after the changes to stats and amulets as well as the condi changes.

plus guard has group stab and multiple invuns. it doesnt die to cc and focus like shoutbow does. guardian does less damage atm, but has better boons and surviablity. with the trait changes we might see shout guard rival shoutbow’s damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Hi people, Henry back again,

There are no condi specs currently because you ignore this amulet. Please add it.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Come on Henry, I appreciate forum funzies as much as the next semi-deranged person, but this thread needs a lot more Kappas. Some poor uneducated soul might stumble in here and think that you’re actually serious. Even from a necro main, this is a bit much.

For the record, no, adding dire to PvP as it currently stands is not a good idea. All of you who hate engies now, you would really hate them with dire stats. Dire is terrible from a design perspective because it’s all positives with no downsides. You can build a condi-tank and stack all defensive stats and utilities while still dealing full damahe.

Maybe, just maybe, once conditions have been reworked and HoT is out and we see where the balance is at, dire can be considered. But probably not.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

choovanski.5462

looking at the upcoming changes to conditions I don’t think adding dire would be a good idea. conditions are getting multiple damage buffs, which exacerbates the problem with dire: that condition damage only requires 2 stats to be effective, and duration is gained through traits and runes not amulets.

cele compromises everywhere, dire has no compromise. it is has both maximum survivability and damage. this is why it’s so popular for wvw roaming, and why it’s so hated there.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Limit Dire stats to Necromancer.

Others don’t need that stuff, they have defenses.

;)

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Last time I typed “research” on my search tool, it found me some photos of Jennifer Lawrence, but there wasn’t nothing that Dire in it.

I honestly don’t know what fappened.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss