Please allow 5 man queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Tapps.1479

Tapps.1479

I’m tired of getting in to matches with people who refuse to play. Reporting idle players doesn’t seem to do anything. Please let use choose who we play with.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

I wish lol… unfortunately people don’t want it bc they refuse to make premades in ranked and complain that they don’t want to get stomped by premades…

in PvP

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

I’m tired of getting in to matches with people who refuse to play. Reporting idle players doesn’t seem to do anything. Please let use choose who we play with.

You can queue with a 5-man premade, in unranked.

In ranked, you need to climb the ladder with your own skill. 5-man premades have the advantage over solo-queuers, so the leaderboards would not reflect actual skill if they were allowed. A solution would be to have a separate queue and leaderboard for premades, but there aren’t enough people playing to have that unfortunately.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in PvP

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

Ideal solution: solo queue only with automated tournaments that you can pug or sign up for with any number of players.

But taking into account the social aspect of the game, solo/duo queue is probably better.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

In ranked, you need to climb the ladder with your own skill. 5-man premades have the advantage over solo-queuers, so the leaderboards would not reflect actual skill if they were allowed. A solution would be to have a separate queue and leaderboard for premades, but there aren’t enough people playing to have that unfortunately.

Why tell people to go play Unranked as if that is a legitimate solution. First of all, the leaderboard is never going to accurately represent your personal skill so long as the game mode is 5v5.

Yes, the queues should be split. Ranked should be for 5 man teams only, and Unranked can be for solo players. I’m sure solo players wouldn’t mind this change at all since that is where they tell team players to go as if it’s all ok.

Sadly though, any hopes for actual competitive PvP in this game is dead, at least for the time being. PvP is now just casual battlegrounds with random players and a leaderboard attached to it to give people somewhat of a reason to keep playing. Unless massive changes are made, you should look for another game if competitive PvP is your thing.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Why tell people to go play Unranked as if that is a legitimate solution. First of all, the leaderboard is never going to accurately represent your personal skill so long as the game mode is 5v5.

Yes, the queues should be split. Ranked should be for 5 man teams only, and Unranked can be for solo players. I’m sure solo players wouldn’t mind this change at all since that is where they tell team players to go as if it’s all ok.

Sadly though, any hopes for actual competitive PvP in this game is dead, at least for the time being. PvP is now just casual battlegrounds with random players and a leaderboard attached to it to give people somewhat of a reason to keep playing. Unless massive changes are made, you should look for another game if competitive PvP is your thing.

Just nope…we seen it already…and it was bad.

Far too long ques – because 5-man premades where rare and unpopular. So if we had already only few teams =mrr gets crazy=matches are blowouts. What’s the point of that?

Pure solo/duo-q represent skill perfectly by design – you advance if you can carry. Ranked is fine (as far as people play it – RIP season 6).

I agree that unranked is not good enough. Automated tournaments are place where 5 man teams should compete.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

(edited by Mr Godlike.6098)

in PvP

Posted by: Thane.9421

Thane.9421

Spvp is a team format game. Being able to form teams and learn to play with them is, by design, supposed to be part of the format. So, being able to play with good players is part of the skill here. And good players are not generally interested in carrying scrubs. They want someone who will carry their weight, because back when there were five man queues and more active high mmr players, sometimes real teams would queue up together.

tldr: Spvp isn’t 1v1, it’s a team format game. If you don’t allow teams, you actually ARE NOT seeing at least half of the relevant skill set to the format. If people want to see raw mechanical skill vs raw mechanical skill, Anet needs to introduce a 1v1 format with its own leaderboard. Otherwise, honestly I’m sick of hearing this idea that teams ’aren’t fair’ (as if getting queued with bronze-silvers or people who afk properly reflects your skill in your rating.)

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Just nope…we seen it already…and it was bad.

Far too long ques – because 5-man premades where rare and unpopular. So if we had already only few teams =mrr gets crazy=matches are blowouts. What’s the point of that?

Pure solo/duo-q represent skill perfectly by design – you advance if you can carry. Ranked is fine (as far as people play it – RIP season 6).

I agree that unranked is not good enough. Automated tournaments are place where 5 man teams should compete.

And now we’ve been seeing solo queue and guess what? Forums always filled with complaints of “dear god my teammates suck!” You just traded in one bad for another. Now instead of long queue times, we have lower quality matches. As a community of casual PvP players not interested in a competitive environment, we are content with that sacrifice, thus Anet is satisfied.

As for previous low participation, let’s be real, no real effort was put into PvP back then. All these extra rewards, leaderboards (sort of), divisions, that wasn’t a thing. Not saying it would work now, the population has been obliterated at this point, but had team pvp ever been properly implemented with decent incentive, it had the potential to be something.

Also, pure solo/duo-q perfectly representing skill over team queue? Geez, someone should of told those esports guys that! That’s what they were doing wrong! lol. I mean come on, I’m not dissatisfied with my rating, but I just lost a match cause a member of my assigned team decided to give up and troll everyone in the middle of the match. You want to judge personal skill with a solo/duo queue system? Then you need a 1v1 or 2v2 mode.

Look, I’m not expecting Team PvP to make some sort of comeback due to the current state of PvP, but I’m also not going with this delusion that our current solo queue is something that it’s not. PvP belongs to the casual players now. Solo Queue is like playing random battlegrounds in WoW except Anet attached a fun little league system to act as a treadmill to keep what little people they have remaining interested. It’s fun, I enjoy it, so long as you accept it for what it is. That said, I can completely sympathize with people on why they are upset over losing team queue, and these demeaning comments they get in return that praise solo queue as some superior form of competitive PvP is just sad really.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’d vouch for 5 man teams only if it had its own queue (Only Premade 5v5) and leaderboard. Sadly the player pop is too small for it. I do enjoy the current system, it’s just I wish they didn’t nuke rewards as much as they did, it pretty much killed most motivation to play/deal with ranked in the first place. I’d rather not go back to ranked where people could cherry pick their team and go against full randos. While not every full pre-made was a guaranteed win, it’s a pretty significant advantage still.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Nova.3817

i want team play back…. its a team format game you should be able to form teams anyone who complains about i dont want to get smashed by premades that was there prerogative to chose to solo que… they had the same equal opportunity to get on a team or make a team.

while i do see the value in a solo/duo que its clear it hasnt worked as the pvp community is far worse shape then it ever has been and this is the only real major change that has happened is that.. its killed the community, it made a already toxic environment worse, and it killed any guild if any infrastructure there was .

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Please allow 5 man queueu

Step A: Form a group
Step B: the groupleader says over teamspeak or whatever he queued up.

Wait for 45 mins…

Step C: Let the group leader pretend to requeue

Wait another 45 mins.

Result: you experienced teamqueue as it was and as it will be if they are ever dumb enough to listen to the 10-20 ppl who have the weird idea that the GW2 pvp community is strong enough to support a 5 man ladder.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Wait for 45 mins…

Wait another 45 mins.

Result: you experienced teamqueue as it was and as it will be if they are ever dumb enough to listen to the 10-20 ppl who have the weird idea that the GW2 pvp community is strong enough to support a 5 man ladder.

Really, cause I played team queue back in the day and that wasn’t my experience at all. Also, if the only way to queue into ranked is to have a team ready or make one using lfg tool, then the queue times wouldn’t change. The system wouldn’t need to struggle looking for another team amongst a pool of solo players. Everyone would be in a team.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

i want team play back…. its a team format game you should be able to form teams anyone who complains about i dont want to get smashed by premades that was there prerogative to chose to solo que… they had the same equal opportunity to get on a team or make a team.

while i do see the value in a solo/duo que its clear it hasnt worked as the pvp community is far worse shape then it ever has been and this is the only real major change that has happened is that.. its killed the community, it made a already toxic environment worse, and it killed any guild if any infrastructure there was .

What’s your proof on solo-duo having its impact on the current state of the game? Were you not here for S5? S5 might of been the best season so far, the only things that ruined it was the fact that people game’d the system with alt accounts filling slots, match manipulation and more. S6 is horrible because they nuked the rewards hard, to where it isn’t even worth queuing up for most people. So loss of a lot of fresh blood and motivation coming into the game mode, and now everyone is feeling the effects with longer queue times for wonky matches most of the time, that and ESL shutting down hammered another nail in the coffin.

It wasn’t because of “OH obviously it’s because of the removal of premades that PVP is dead yeh!” I’ve had my fill of premades, it belongs in its own queue against other pre-mades if its going to exist. If you want to have fun with your friends unranked is there and still kicking it. Solo/duo for ranked is the best system imho, people who opt for premades to return makes me think they want to roll with it again to have fun farming solo queuers with their cherry picked team with coms most likely.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in PvP

Nova.3817

Wait for 45 mins…

Wait another 45 mins.

Really, cause I played team queue back in the day and that wasn’t my experience at all. Also, if the only way to queue into ranked is to have a team ready or make one using lfg tool, then the queue times wouldn’t change. The system wouldn’t need to struggle looking for another team amongst a pool of solo players. Everyone would be in a team.

not even my group would just go wvw roam or something to that effect while we wait no biggie even if it took 15 mins idc… the fact that i can que outside of HOM solved that issue

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

What’s your proof on solo-duo having its impact on the current state of the game? Were you not here for S5? S5 might of been the best season so far, the only things that ruined it was the fact that people game’d the system with alt accounts filling slots, match manipulation and more. S6 is horrible because they nuked the rewards hard, to where it isn’t even worth queuing up for most people. So loss of a lot of fresh blood and motivation coming into the game mode, and now everyone is feeling the effects with longer queue times for wonky matches most of the time, that and ESL shutting down hammered another nail in the coffin.

It wasn’t because of “OH obviously it’s because of the removal of premades that PVP is dead yeh!” I’ve had my fill of premades, it belongs in its own queue against other pre-mades if its going to exist. If you want to have fun with your friends unranked is there and still kicking it. Solo/duo for ranked is the best system imho, people who opt for premades to return makes me think they want to roll with it again to have fun farming solo queuers with their cherry picked team with coms most likely.

Again this is not a problem of Pre Mades. However like all the other problems facing GW2’s Raked PvP it steamed from ANet putting in such a unfair non-competitive match maker system that didn’t synergy at all with their game mode. Did far more damage then a Pre Made ever could.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Thats weird …

All these ggroups claiming to have played back in the day. Yet when i tried to climb the team queue ladder solo and with a group of pure pve tribesmates that have no talent or desire to be any good in pvp i found the ladder to be pretty much teamless.

Got in to the top 50 both solo and with those pve ers. Queue sessions during peak hours lead to:

- super long queue times
- if I/we got queues it was vs ppl that didnt dodge or ppl with pve builds….all the way up to the top of the ladder.

So where where you?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I’m gonna spam my thoughts even here:

Allow team queue and make a enable/disable option, like conquest and stronghold for unranked, so we can join with our team to face another team or some pugs that have team queue option marked.

If your party member don’t have team queue marked you can’t join ranked match.
You want to join as duo queue? Your team could be duo+trio, 2duo+solo or duo+3solo
You want solo only teams? Enjoy your high afk risk pug.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Thats weird …

All these ggroups claiming to have played back in the day. Yet when i tried to climb the team queue ladder solo and with a group of pure pve tribesmates that have no talent or desire to be any good in pvp i found the ladder to be pretty much teamless.

Got in to the top 50 both solo and with those pve ers. Queue sessions during peak hours lead to:

- super long queue times
- if I/we got queues it was vs ppl that didnt dodge or ppl with pve builds….all the way up to the top of the ladder.

So where where you?

Weird, almost as if different players had different experiences. Must mean that personal experience in an old system that has little relevance to the new proposed system is pointless.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Weird, almost as if different players had different experiences. Must mean that personal experience in an old system that has little relevance to the new proposed system is pointless.

No

Youre either making things up or you had a random lucky moment or two where 1-2 other teams played. Making you believe this was an ungoing thing.

I played 15k games, mosty during those days. I was part of the furniture in GW2 pretty much.

Team queue was and will be dead if they ever introduced it again. The pvp community isnt big big enough to support it.

Hell even wow doesnt even have a pvp community thats big enough to support 5v5s or consistant RBGs and that pvp community is gigantic compared to GW2s.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

No

Youre either making things up or you had a random lucky moment or two where 1-2 other teams played. Making you believe this was an ungoing thing.

I played 15k games, mosty during those days. I was part of the furniture in GW2 pretty much.

Team queue was and will be dead if they ever introduced it again. The pvp community isnt big big enough to support it.

Hell even wow doesnt even have a pvp community thats big enough to support 5v5s or consistant RBGs and that pvp community is gigantic compared to GW2s.

Pretty weak argument man. Sounds like a whole of assumptions.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

I wish lol… unfortunately people don’t want it bc they refuse to make premades in ranked and complain that they don’t want to get stomped by premades…

players specifically asked for a separate Queue NOT this crap of only having 1 – 2 players Queue.

Separate….What is so hard to understand about the word Separate?
Solo OR Premade.
Solo…
or Premade.

Not…only Solo/duo.

If this was some kind of smart back lash from the development team towards the player base I sincerely hope what ever failure PVP ensues from this alone is swift.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Sure, allow 5 man queue – but only vs 5 man queues.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Sure, allow 5 man queue – but only vs 5 man queues.

This.

Anyone who wants 5-man but doesn’t want it to be a 5-man only queue just wants to be carried.

If you really do believe in 5-man you should have no problems with having to exclusively fight other premades. Anyone who tries to have one without the other is a hypocrite.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

If you really do believe in 5-man you should have no problems with having to exclusively fight other premades. Anyone who tries to have one without the other is a hypocrite.

Was my suggestion so bad?

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I know they can’t split out the two modes, IE solo queue and team queue due to player population. Team queue would basically have 30 minute waits.

However! Maybe to appease both groups we could have a check mark that was sorta like the single rider line on theme park rides. This check mark would make you the 4 or 5 person with a team of three or more.

Thusly, you would be placed with a higher mmr team, to compensate and your queue time would be faster.

Just a thought I really think there might be ways to encourage people to volunteer for team queue.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Simple really, make it 5-man queue only, and those without premade groups use the lfg system to make a group. Works everywhere else in the game, but for some reason people are determined to be as anti-social as possible in PvP just so they can come right back to the forums to complain about how their assigned teammates suck and lack proper teamwork. Mind-blowing insanity really.

Gate of Madness