Please balance PvP and PvE seperately.

in PvP

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

In the past, balance for PvP has impacted PvE in a horrible way. I’m hoping with this next balance patch we get different balances for PvE and PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: FlOwMaKeRs.8623

FlOwMaKeRs.8623

" oh no, please no. That’s too much work "

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yes please! We need true separation of skill balance between PvE and PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

And WvW too, the 3 modes should all have separate balance and the PvP team should have access to balancing classes instead of relying on one central team.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

I think anyone who is somewhat serious about any of the 3 game modes would agree with this. Sadly I doubt it’ll ever become a reality.

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Or just make PvP stat amulets not have different stat amounts than what’s available in PvE.

Because this is honestly the biggest thing that kills diversity. Certain builds will be functionally amazing in PvE and WvW and horrible in sPvP just because the way scaling abilities work. Raw stat bonuses and low modifier investment in favor of defenses (AKA boon builds) are almost always blatantly better.

It’s already proving way too difficult for ANet to balance let alone one format, and I sincerely doubt they’ll get three right, particularly since each is so vastly different.

As multiple sources state, creating more areas you need to balance around just makes the game realistically way more difficult to balance.

in PvP

cranos.5913

Or just make PvP stat amulets not have different stat amounts than what’s available in PvE.

Because this is honestly the biggest thing that kills diversity. Certain builds will be functionally amazing in PvE and WvW and horrible in sPvP just because the way scaling abilities work. Raw stat bonuses and low modifier investment in favor of defenses (AKA boon builds) are almost always blatantly better.

It’s already proving way too difficult for ANet to balance let alone one format, and I sincerely doubt they’ll get three right, particularly since each is so vastly different.

As multiple sources state, creating more areas you need to balance around just makes the game realistically way more difficult to balance.

It’s really easy to balance PvE. Don’t touch it. Split any and all changes they wanna make. ezpz

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It’s really easy to balance PvE. Don’t touch it. Split any and all changes they wanna make. ezpz

Yes, but the PvE crowd cares so much about the balancing of speed-clear raids that it’s something that ANet can’t just ignore. I mean recall how many berserker gear dungeon complaints there were before…

And WvW and sPvP are worlds apart in terms of balance. Unless they normalize the two, they’ll always be balancing minimum two different formats.

I think there’s no better example than the state of the thief, which in sPvP is atrocious in fights, but in WvW is quite formidable. You can’t just buff it profession-wide because then it’d be silly strong in WvW, but you can’t base its usability in WvW to justify doing nothing about it in sPvP.

And with boons providing so much of a player’s stats in sPvP, the meta will never really change to anything except boon-bunker/boonhate. It’s still bad in WvW with passive boon runes like Durability, but not even close to what sPvP is like in respects to boon-dependency/use.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Yes please. Start by removing ‘’if you take falling damage…’’-traits.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

~oh no, please no. That’s too much work~!

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

PVE is easy to balance. They are Brain dead(Anet).
When you go in a Raid then you will have some buff like +20%HP +20%ATT +10%DEF when you have HoT Elite……
So don’t put the Power Creep in PvP.
What? Wrong?!??
HO! Power Creep is just about MONEY ~ not PVP not PVE
They are not brain dead. But no planning of GW2. You can see that pitiful player base now…

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

cranos.5913

Yes, but the PvE crowd cares so much about the balancing of speed-clear raids that it’s something that ANet can’t just ignore. I mean recall how many berserker gear dungeon complaints there were before…

And WvW and sPvP are worlds apart in terms of balance. Unless they normalize the two, they’ll always be balancing minimum two different formats.

I think there’s no better example than the state of the thief, which in sPvP is atrocious in fights, but in WvW is quite formidable. You can’t just buff it profession-wide because then it’d be silly strong in WvW, but you can’t base its usability in WvW to justify doing nothing about it in sPvP.

And with boons providing so much of a player’s stats in sPvP, the meta will never really change to anything except boon-bunker/boonhate. It’s still bad in WvW with passive boon runes like Durability, but not even close to what sPvP is like in respects to boon-dependency/use.

I’m not disagreeing with you. Only thing I’m saying right now, is that PvE balance is pretty solid atm, which will most likely change in the coming patch just because of wvw and in case of DH prob because of pvp. It’s a shame rly. That’s why balance should be split. I’m sure ppl from every gamemode are tired of having their build nerfed just because of smth that has nothing to do with the content they play.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

They did it for guild wars 1 so why not for this game?

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Let me be CLEAR; “I personally agree with having it separate”, but I’m going to play devils advocate here just to make sure people also have this in mind when they start rooting for this change.

One of pvps biggest problems is lack of new players or having existing players becoming more interested in pvp. If you separate balance between the two modes, it’ll give pve players or new players to the game another reason not to enter. Why? because not only do they have to learn the pvp game mode and all of its jargon, they also have to learn a whole new class balance with their choose profession. Your going to hear even more talk of people saying, “oh this class is great in pve, but is terrible in pvp,” which will make it even harder for new players or existing to settle on a class they want to main.

However, I doubt the balance team would ever completely change a class so much that it would require relearning it, if everything was completely separate. I’d assume only a few skills would get the “PVP only” tag next to it. The rest, remaining the same.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Let me be CLEAR; “I personally agree with having it separate”, but I’m going to play devils advocate here just to make sure people also have this in mind when they start rooting for this change.

One of pvps biggest problems is lack of new players or having existing players becoming more interested in pvp. If you separate balance between the two modes, it’ll give pve players or new players to the game another reason not to enter. Why? because not only do they have to learn the pvp game mode and all of its jargon, they also have to learn a whole new class balance with their choose profession. Your going to hear even more talk of people saying, “oh this class is great in pve, but is terrible in pvp,” which will make it even harder for new players or existing to settle on a class they want to main.

However, I doubt the balance team would ever completely change a class so much that it would require relearning it, if everything was completely separate. I’d assume only a few skills would get the “PVP only” tag next to it. The rest, remaining the same.

It doesn’t have to be that way. ANet can do a lot to balance both modes better and separately by just changing coefficients and CDs around between the game mods. That means you might have to adjust your rotations but that’s it (and really you should be doing that anyway, a PvE rotation isn’t that good in PvP).

in PvP

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

It doesn’t have to be that way. ANet can do a lot to balance both modes better and separately by just changing coefficients and CDs around between the game mods. That means you might have to adjust your rotations but that’s it (and really you should be doing that anyway, a PvE rotation isn’t that good in PvP).

No, I agree. If Anet decides to balance PVE and PVP separately, I don’t think they will change much. I’d assume the devs would also have this logic in mind when conducting the balance in the first place (I hope) I think once the new elite speculations come out we’ll be able to much clearly see if the balance will be more separate. But not after a few months of everyone testing everything out.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Agreed. They already changed the CD on precision strike on REV sword 2 in PVP to be 1 sec longer in PVP compared to PVE/WvW. They can change the duration of boons, the CD of skills, the healing coefficients (remember Selfless Daring on Guardian?), the damage coefficients. The duration and CD of conditions applied.

A lot can be done using just these.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I agree with that which is a big reason not to split.

You would then need more people for PvP balance, PvE, WvW and fractals. Everyone thinking something else and each game mode being different.

Simply put i would not have separate builds from each but simply base the game around PvP and to a lesser extent WvW.

PvE bosses, raids, events health bars-dps- mechanics can all be changed. In PvP and WvW small changes can destroy builds. They changed rifle warriors trait to penetrate and now it simply gives adrenaline on hits which is a horrible trait.

Honestly just take a look at the leagues and WvW and you can see why there is so much player frustration. They came out with leagues and everyone was like awesome but with in the first season you saw 2 useless classes as well as the leader board being taken away.

They trolled WvW players with the super speed golems and taking away human interaction with camps, tower, keeps,SMC. Now the mixing of servers and changing the server teams over and over.

It is like Anet is having a monkey throw darts at a board with all there ideas and choosing the ones he hits.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

I agree with that which is a big reason not to split.

You would then need more people for PvP balance, PvE, WvW and fractals. Everyone thinking something else and each game mode being different.

Simply put i would not have separate builds from each but simply base the game around PvP and to a lesser extent WvW.

PvE bosses, raids, events health bars-dps- mechanics can all be changed. In PvP and WvW small changes can destroy builds. They changed rifle warriors trait to penetrate and now it simply gives adrenaline on hits which is a horrible trait.

Honestly just take a look at the leagues and WvW and you can see why there is so much player frustration. They came out with leagues and everyone was like awesome but with in the first season you saw 2 useless classes as well as the leader board being taken away.

They trolled WvW players with the super speed golems and taking away human interaction with camps, tower, keeps,SMC. Now the mixing of servers and changing the server teams over and over.

It is like Anet is having a monkey throw darts at a board with all there ideas and choosing the ones he hits.

kitten no. ANet has been balancing with solely PvP in mind for a while now and look at the balance mess we are in (I mean really, for kittens sake Scrappers class mechanic was designed specifically for PvP matches). Not to mention that PvP is only a a minority of players and GW2 is not even a primarily PvP game. If they were going to balance around only 1 game mode, it should be PvE because that mode has the most players in it.