Please bring Stronghold back!

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

The beta, although short, already proves that Stronghold is superior than the Conquest mode for me. I want it back. I got a friend who never liked the old gw2 pvp to love it. We will get a lot of fresh blood into pvp with this!

Please make a separate queue for Stronghold so we Stronghold lovers can play it all day long

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

Yes, i agree with the separate queue and the boatload of new pvpers, as they will be pve players sick of open world and not true pvp players. stronghold is a pve map, dont fool yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

They should have extended the play time since our EU frands couldn’t play it the full time it was scheduled.

in PvP

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Agreed about it being way more fun but it has some pretty huge problems according to friends.

Apparently there’s tons of medi guard stacking with 1 staff ele + ice bow to DPS the lord, so if that was true they need to rebalance it big time. I didn’t experience this in any of the matches in the 4 hours I played it however.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Yes, i agree with the separate queue and the boatload of new pvpers, as they will be pve players sick of open world and not true pvp players. stronghold is a pve map, dont fool yourself.

If you think it’s a PvE map, you’re playing it wrong. It has a ton of pvp strategy in it. When to push, when to def, when to go for supply, they are all up to consideration.

Saying it’s a PvE map is a salty way to say “I don’t want to try new things”

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I agree, please bring Stronghold back.

Regardless of its issues it’s still tons of fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Lmfao that’s why you should play more days of the week Misa!

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

true pvp players don’t like conquest either

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

False.

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

One more match plz

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

False.

lol, I actually like having more options other than, “where to rotate next.”

Other than fighting, that is legitimately it in conquest for strategy. Each map will have 1 gimmick but that’s it. It completely lacks objectives and the only thing that keeps it interesting is the combat.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I’m super glad there are new things coming into gw2 pvp, on the other hand Stronghold has MANY problems at the moment. Yes, you can play the map to maximize all the pvp elements, however the most EFFECTIVE way to play it is just taking down the lord alone which brings you zero to little pvp experience. Sadly, unless this gets modified, it will never be able to compete with conquest because people will do what’s best in their interest. A fast win, move on to another. It’s how things are in all games.

Another issue is that Stronghold makes the gap between pugs and premade even higher and solo players will probably get frustrated with the map after some time.

I had fun playing Stronghold but I must say that it’s probably because it’s new. I like the aspect of not having to defend/cap points and can engage in fights with real players. However, that’s not how you win. You can already see it, people rush supplies, channel heroes and push lord. If both teams do this, then it’s just a matter of time, who can take down npc’s faster. If this is not reworked, it’ll just be an pvp mode where killing npc’s faster rewards you. That should be changed.

There are lots issues not connected to this, too. Channelling heroes is pretty akward at the moment, there’s no way to counter high stability builds when you don’t have many cc to use. Also, the mist at the channel blocks your view so much, you can’t tell what enemies are doing. The gap between spawn and gates/lord is too big, too. The chamber the lord is at is too small leading to just messy fights, everything blocks your view. The way the lord is placed is much better at Legacy if you ask me.

There are so many ‘new player traps’ on Stronghold. Basically, all you need to take down all gates is ONE doorbreaker and keeping him alive. Archers are pretty useless and running supplies, too. Fighting at mid could be super fun, but it just slows you down.

There is no penalty for failing lord push, there is no penalty for failing lord defense. The fights can go on and on, people respawning, so it results in going to timer. With this, you can just have 4 players supporting your lord, while the 5th goes and kill enemy lord. It’s very possible and since the map is long (not saying big on purpose), between you getting the message ‘your lord is under attack’ and you coming back to your lord from enemy one, yours would be dead 10 times even if it was only ONE player trying to kill it.

So, glad there was something new but honestly, after all it all comes down to pve speed clear and who has more dps. They need to rework this map so it rewards players for playing well and punishes those who don’t. The lords need to get buffed quite a lot or players will be just sniping them with zerker specs in 10 seconds. They need to change the way gates get broken down. I mean really, it takes literally no time for one npc to kill the gate. They need to punish you for failing both lord push and defense. And lastly they should not allow for lord to be able to be killed by one fresh air ele.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

I’m super glad there are new things coming into gw2 pvp, on the other hand Stronghold has MANY problems at the moment. Yes, you can play the map to maximize all the pvp elements, however the most EFFECTIVE way to play it is just taking down the lord alone which brings you zero to little pvp experience. Sadly, unless this gets modified, it will never be able to compete with conquest because people will do what’s best in their interest. A fast win, move on to another. It’s how things are in all games.

Another issue is that Stronghold makes the gap between pugs and premade even higher and solo players will probably get frustrated with the map after some time.

I had fun playing Stronghold but I must say that it’s probably because it’s new. I like the aspect of not having to defend/cap points and can engage in fights with real players. However, that’s not how you win. You can already see it, people rush supplies, channel heroes and push lord. If both teams do this, then it’s just a matter of time, who can take down npc’s faster. If this is not reworked, it’ll just be an pvp mode where killing npc’s faster rewards you. That should be changed.

There are lots issues not connected to this, too. Channelling heroes is pretty akward at the moment, there’s no way to counter high stability builds when you don’t have many cc to use. Also, the mist at the channel blocks your view so much, you can’t tell what enemies are doing. The gap between spawn and gates/lord is too big, too. The chamber the lord is at is too small leading to just messy fights, everything blocks your view. The way the lord is placed is much better at Legacy if you ask me.

There are so many ‘new player traps’ on Stronghold. Basically, all you need to take down all gates is ONE doorbreaker and keeping him alive. Archers are pretty useless and running supplies, too. Fighting at mid could be super fun, but it just slows you down.

There is no penalty for failing lord push, there is no penalty for failing lord defense. The fights can go on and on, people respawning, so it results in going to timer. With this, you can just have 4 players supporting your lord, while the 5th goes and kill enemy lord. It’s very possible and since the map is long (not saying big on purpose), between you getting the message ‘your lord is under attack’ and you coming back to your lord from enemy one, yours would be dead 10 times even if it was only ONE player trying to kill it.

So, glad there was something new but honestly, after all it all comes down to pve speed clear and who has more dps. They need to rework this map so it rewards players for playing well and punishes those who don’t. The lords need to get buffed quite a lot or players will be just sniping them with zerker specs in 10 seconds. They need to change the way gates get broken down. I mean really, it takes literally no time for one npc to kill the gate. They need to punish you for failing both lord push and defense. And lastly they should not allow for lord to be able to be killed by one fresh air ele.

Nice post, +1