Please buff Spirit Weapons to be like Turrets

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Their duration is too short. The weapons should last until it is destroyed. It should exploded knocking back and burn nearby enemies when destroyed. It should give nearby allies boons.

Buff spirit weapons!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

NO

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Even though I main an engineer I despise turrets but at least they can’t move. There is no way spirit weapons should get a buff like that being as they follow the guardian around.

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Spirit weapons should have no duration, like minions. Only enter on cooldown if someone kills them.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Patchi.9061

Patchi.9061

Turrets don’t know you back if they explode. It is an engineer trait that makes it so. Turrets are AIDS (AI Doing stuff). less brainless please.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Engineers can’t heal their turrets nowhere nearly as fast as a guardian can heal spirit weapons. Engineers can’t also stack tons of boons on them. Spirit weapons also hit harder than minions. The only downsides spirit weapons have are duration and lower health.

I’m not against changing them, but if you solve any of their downsides, you’ll have to compensate with some other downsides.

Give and take.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: StugLyfe.2134

StugLyfe.2134

Engineers can’t heal their turrets nowhere nearly as fast as a guardian can heal spirit weapons. Engineers can’t also stack tons of boons on them. Spirit weapons also hit harder than minions. The only downsides spirit weapons have are duration and lower health.

I’m not against changing them, but if you solve any of their downsides, you’ll have to compensate with some other downsides.

Give and take.

Uhm have you ever played guard with spirit weps? They do not heal lol where did you get that idea, they do not even regen ooc. Way back at release they were invuln and guess what most guards didn’t use them even then. ONE turret blast kills all spirits, same goes for any shatter or any AOE attack they die to 1 slice from thiefs lol , anyone that says not to buff spirits has never played them. Also you have to invest points in 3 trait lines just to make them usable at all. Before you guys spout off about them you really should l2Try. DEVS PLS BUFF SPIRIT WEPS JUST LIKE TURRETS

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Give and take.

Uhm have you ever played guard with spirit weps? They do not heal lol where did you get that idea, they do not even regen ooc. Way back at release they were invuln and guess what most guards didn’t use them even then. ONE turret blast kills all spirits, same goes for any shatter or any AOE attack they die to 1 slice from thiefs lol , anyone that says not to buff spirits has never played them. Also you have to invest points in 3 trait lines just to make them usable at all. Before you guys spout off about them you really should l2Try. DEVS PLS BUFF SPIRIT WEPS JUST LIKE TURRETS

Spirit Weapons are affected by boons and healing. For example, if you uses Empower, they’ll benefit from the heal. Another example would be the active from VoR, they would even benefit from the passive if you were to choose Battle Presence.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Gabriell.4856

Give and take.

My brother in arms. Yes! Buff spirit weapons!

in PvP

MithranArkanere.8957

They do heal as long as there’s free quota in number of targets in your AoE heals. They do not recover while out of combat, though.

One blast from a turret does not destroy your spirits if you know what you are doing, like keeping them in your symbol of protection from a hammer, or pop an aegis right before it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Give and take.

Engineer can trait for 5% repair every 3 seconds and tool kit can be traited for 10% a hit on AA. Not sure what the range on it is or how it works as I don’t use turrets on Engineer, but it’s there. Sounds a lot better than whatever the guardian can do to heal it’s spirit weapons.
—————————

As for me, I’d rather a complete rework. Drop the AI function of spirit weapons and turn them into a weapon set like conjure weapons on ele. I think that would be a heck of a lot more interesting. This game needs less AI anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Yes please, more AI. Warriors also need floating banners, thieves need more thieves from thieves guild skill. And ele’s need to summon more AI while switching attunemnts.

But seriously, this game is already laggy enough , why would you suggest to add more AI on the screen?

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

But seriously, this game is already laggy enough , why would you suggest to add more AI on the screen?

If you are lagging on a 5v5 pvp arena the problem is not the game, is your connection.

Right now spirit weapons:

Are NOT viable in pve.
Are NOT viable in spvp.
Are NOT viable in wvw.
Are NOT viable in open world content.

They clearly need a buff.

Also is good to notice that their active skills are on a 10-20s cd. That requires more actions than most utilities in the game.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

And make spirit weapons immobile like turrets

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Untraited turrets are Not viable in:
pve
pvp
wvw
any content

traited turrets are not viable in:
wvw
open content
pvp

in order for engineer turrets to be effective and have the aoe buffing trait an engineer must have to sacrifice 2 whole traitlines

wich leaves the engineer without defensive nor offensive passive and active abilities such as:

power shoes, protection when cced,swiftness ,incendiary powder, etc

no utility slots

and low damage

you are clearly trolling

in PvP

MithranArkanere.8957

I’ve been using spirit weapons in dungeons with mere cleric stats.

They are monsters there.

I’ve also used them to solo several champions. Only ranged barragers like the Eye of Zhaitan and Robbari give me trouble with them.

The reason no one uses them in PvP is because AI is dumb as rocks. Turrets are designed to be dumb things that endure damage rather than moving, but minions tend to stare into thin air doing nothing, and spirit weapons never use their own skills when it’s the right time. So they won’t give results, and since they won’t give results people won’t use them. It’s not power what they lack. It’s skill.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

AI is dumb as rocks.

This is why PvE is not challenging and AI builds potential doesn’t scale well with player skill.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: abbetd.5912

abbetd.5912

Yes please, more AI. Warriors also need floating banners, thieves need more thieves from thieves guild skill. And ele’s need to summon more AI while switching attunemnts.

Don’t forget adding more AI for Rangers. One pet is fine, but five, like in the WoW hunter skill “Stampede” would be great, yeah?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Even though I main an engineer I despise turrets but at least they can’t move. There is no way spirit weapons should get a buff like that being as they follow the guardian around.

Maybe the turrets can’t move but the engie can. To the other side of the map while his turrets stay alive and active.

Tie the Engie to the turrets so he can’t run away and lets call it even ;D

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

NO

please nerf turrets to be like spirit weapons instead

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

NO

please nerf turrets to be like spirit weapons instead

Why stop there. Nerf engie rifle. Turn it into a potatoe

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Also is good to notice that their active skills are on a 10-20s cd. That requires more actions than most utilities in the game.

wait wut

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

wait wut

You know that spirit weapons have active skills that you can control right?

Hammer command has base 15s cd.
GS command has a base 10s cd.
Bow command has base 20s cd.
Shield command has a base 15s cd.

Most meta builds have to press less buttons than a spirit weapon build.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Maybe the turrets can’t move but the engie can. To the other side of the map while his turrets stay alive and active.

As much as I hate turret engis if they leave their turrets they are as good as free kills, even on point its not that they are hard to kill more that you can’t really fight them on point without getting flung around the map so its easy for them to hold the point. In a non conquest mode people probably wouldn’t have such a problem with turret engis but in the current game mode we have they are annoying.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Turrets should be nerfed to be more like other AIs.

For SWs to be viable, the duration isn’t the problem. They need an elite SW (MM/Turret Engi both have elite AIs) and they need their traiting to be massively fixed up.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

Turrets should be nerfed to be more like other AIs.

For SWs to be viable, the duration isn’t the problem. They need an elite SW (MM/Turret Engi both have elite AIs) and they need their traiting to be massively fixed up.

An elite would help but the main problem is that after the duration all your SW enter on cooldown for 30s-kitten . That is a long time that you loose all your utilities and dmg. Even if you win 1 fight you go to the second one with nothing. A MM or turret engi for example will only lose their adds if the enemy is able to kill them. The guardian looses them anyway. In group fights the SW also melt for a any aoe.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Untraited turrets are Not viable in:
pve
pvp
wvw
any content

traited turrets are not viable in:
wvw
open content
pvp

in order for engineer turrets to be effective and have the aoe buffing trait an engineer must have to sacrifice 2 whole traitlines

wich leaves the engineer without defensive nor offensive passive and active abilities such as:

power shoes, protection when cced,swiftness ,incendiary powder, etc

no utility slots

and low damage

you are clearly trolling

lolololololol turrets not viable in wvw? What the hell are you smoking, I’d really like to know.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I’d rework every IA builds in support build like banner warrior (with something unique for every class)

No Damage/Condis from IA.

in PvP

Gabriell.4856

Also, please give us an elite that summons all spirit weapons.

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

wait wut

yes i kittening know that do you think im kittened or something, please. why are you complaining about it?? is this just a little excuse to say its “harder” in some way???

i truly do not understand.

and good god, go play meta engi or ele and come back and tell me about your laughable piano playing on spirit guard.

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

wait wut

yes i kittening know that do you think im kittened or something, please. why are you complaining about it?? is this just a little excuse to say its “harder” in some way???

and good god, go play meta engi or ele and come back and tell me about your laughable piano playing on spirit guard.

My main is ele. More clicks =/= harder. Also ele is not that hard. You don’t have to use the healing skill, it is passive.

Now look at other meta builds like mesmer, necro, shoutbow, etc. All them need less clicks that a spirit weapon guardian. summoner builds =/= passive build

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

wait wut

My main is ele. More clicks =/= harder. Also ele is not that hard. You don’t have to use the healing skill, it is passive.

Now look at other meta builds like mesmer, necro, shoutbow, etc. All them need less clicks that a spirit weapon guardian. summoner builds =/= passive build

your point was that its less clicks than meta builds and that is patently untrue

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Ive played against a spirit weapon guardian…He did about as much as an engie did just stood on point and circled around pressing his utilities when they popped off cd used his healing and elite skill whenever he needed them. I dont think its possible to argue any ai build takes enough skill that it deserves a boost.

Also why should ai deserve a boost anyways…power to the people who play relying on their own abilities not their conjured turrets or weapons ability to annoy!

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

I kind of laugh at the idea that spirit weapons are any “good” in the first place, but after that I do understand the angst at the idea of more ai builds.

That said, spirit weapons could be more “useful” and dynamic. Right now they are mostly used by non serious players who think they are cool. Opponents that get “rekt” by spirit weapons and complain they need nerfs should try to play a spirit weapon guard and then come back and explain how powerful they are.

In the end I would like they to be useful somewhere instead of a burden on build diversity options.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I feel everyone here is discrediting the OP’s initial post.
The fact of the matter remains that → Spirit weapons are useless

They do need a buff

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The fact of the matter remains that -> Spirit weapons are useless

They do need a buff

They do need a buff. Everyone else don’t want SW to have a buff.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

The fact of the matter remains that -> Spirit weapons are useless

They do need a buff

They do need a buff. Everyone else don’t want SW to have a buff.

As is now they are very lack luster given that they with the exception of shield & utter crap in PvE.

It also really sucks that you can spec 8 of your 14 trait points into them and still have them die so easily.

Personally I think they should be redesigned to be a bit more like mobile banners that follow the guardian around & can be commanded to give a special buff.

Sword could give + precision to allies & the command could be to cause their next X attacks to inflict bleeding or torment.

Hammer could give + power to allies and the command could be for your next attack to stun the enemy

Shield could give vitality & the command could be to create a dome that absorbs projectiles.

Bow could give…. something

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

If they bothered making why make it suck?? Would you play a game that sucks,eat a terrible meal,date an horrible girl?? They made so they should fix it,no arguments can be made against that if they wanted it to fail they should have created something else instead.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

I have wanted to use spirit weapons for so long, but they just seem so short lived, and I still can’t figure out what they are supposed to do. So they probably need some sort of buff to either cooldown or duration

If an engie with weak damage and no utilities, or turrets with nobody defending then are problems for you….Well, you may need to learn to play.

What next? Complaining that a bunker build can hold a point well in 1v1?

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

wait wut

your point was that its less clicks than meta builds and that is patently untrue

Spirit weapon guardian needs more actions per second than shoutbow, fearmancer, zerker bow ranger, power necro, double ranged shater mesmer, etc.

It is a very active summoner build.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]