Please change Ele developer

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Seriously, what is wrong with Karl and why does no one at Anet have a clue how elementalists work?

Since the game was released, the only defense/sustain eles had were their boons and celestial stats. Now boons will be ripped every few seconds by necros and the cele stats are gone.

Yet eles still don’t get actual active defenses like ALL other classes have (blocks, evades, etc.) and the scepter “buffs” are a slap in the face.

The Diamond Skin change is dumb too of course, it should have been ACTIVE condi removal, like Cleansing Water, which is what ever ele now again will use for condi removal because WE HAVE NO OTHER WORTHWHILE CONDI REMOVAL.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Yet eles still don’t get actual active defenses like ALL other classes have (blocks, evades, etc.) and the scepter “buffs” are a slap in the face.

i’m gonna say wrong to this…focus offhand..arcane shield..mist form..protection on aura..shocking aura..burning speed…and moremoremore..
i think ele is probably one of the classes with more active defense..

in PvP

i’m gonna say wrong to this…focus offhand..arcane shield..mist form..protection on aura..shocking aura..burning speed…and moremoremore..

Protection isn’t active defense, protection is a requirement for eles to even exists with 10k base health and the lowest armor.

Ans sure arcane shield blocks 3 attcks on a 75 seconds cooldown.

Shield block (warrior) blocks ALL attacks on a 20 second cooldown.
Mesmers even have a 8 second cooldown block on scepter. That’s active defense.

70+ seconds cooldowns aren’t active defensive, they’re cooldowns like every class has.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Protection isn’t active defense, protection is a requirement for eles to even exists with 10k base health and the lowest armor.

70+ seconds cooldowns aren’t active defensive, they’re cooldowns like every class has.

If you really want to purely compare arcane shield with warrior shield block….i don’t really want to give you the full completely list of ele defensive system compare to warrior’s..which are also far more superior in quantity and quality..so good day..

in PvP

If you really want to purely compare arcane shield with warrior shield block….i don’t really want to give you the full completely list of ele defensive system compare to warrior’s..which are also far more superior in quantity and quality..so good day..

Warriors is the worst class right now so what’s you point? That ele should be as bad as that? Because that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

in PvP

Posted by: MrAidenVoid.7416

MrAidenVoid.7416

Seriously, what is wrong with Karl and why does no one at Anet have a clue how elementalists work?

Since the game was released, the only defense/sustain eles had were their boons and celestial stats. Now boons will be ripped every few seconds by necros and the cele stats are gone.

The Diamond Skin change is dumb too of course, it should have been ACTIVE condi removal, like Cleansing Water, which is what ever ele now again will use for condi removal because WE HAVE NO OTHER WORTHWHILE CONDI REMOVAL.

your pretty new to ele aren’t you?
Elementalist core game used to be a class TO BE SQUISHY AND GLASSY whilst having huge bursts with just enough deffencive capabilities to survive that extra minute to destroy your opponent, you’ve never played annything besides Celestial if you think that celestial is the only option for ele.
You can compare Ele’s to Thief to a point, Elementalist in pvp is not a bunker class, its a class that should have done high bursts with quick escapes to get your cooldowns back up.
Scepter/Dagger ele was one of the biggest dmg dealing builds i agree that the known Scepter buffs are a wett slap in the face but it was a preview.

The Condi cleanse in DS was way to op, i agree with the changes they’ve put in to DS, 75% health threshold is a nice middleground, that is a solid 2-4k health which we can easily get back by rotating in water and use your water skills.

Sure ele relied on boons but it mostly relies on the specializations and weapon combination.

I don’t wanna give a whole rant on how wrong your statements are but these comments or threads are which put ele in this annoying bunker/support role which ele clearly is not the best class for, druid or guardian do a way better job at that with the right builds, Ele can support but its by no reason unviable without cele, learn how to play s/d or something besides auramancer to see the things ele can do.

in PvP

Posted by: MrAidenVoid.7416

MrAidenVoid.7416

Elementalist core game used to be a class TO BE SQUISHY AND GLASSY whilst having huge bursts with just enough deffencive capabilities to survive that extra minute to destroy your opponent, you’ve never played annything besides Celestial if you think that celestial is the only option for ele.
You can compare Ele’s to Thief to a point, Elementalist in pvp is not a bunker class, its a class that should have done high bursts with quick escapes to get your cooldowns back up.
Scepter/Dagger ele was one of the biggest dmg dealing builds i agree that the known Scepter buffs are a wett slap in the face but it was a preview.

The Condi cleanse in DS was way to op, i agree with the changes they’ve put in to DS, 75% health threshold is a nice middleground, that is a solid 2-4k health which we can easily get back by rotating in water and use your water skills.

Sure ele relied on boons but it mostly relies on the specializations and weapon combination.

I don’t wanna give a whole rant on how wrong your statements are but these comments or threads are which put ele in this annoying bunker/support role which ele clearly is not the best class for, druid or guardian do a way better job at that with the right builds, Ele can support but its by no reason unviable without cele, learn how to play s/d or something besides auramancer to see the things ele can do.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Utility:
Arcane shield
Lighting Flash
Mist Form
Armor of Earth
Signet of Air
Aftershock
Elite: Rebound (just to mention that that skill make you return from death with 5k or more hp)

Plus Magnetic and Frost aura.

Staff:
Burning Retreat
Geyser (heal)
Healing rain (heal, count as defence for me)
Gust (CC)
Static Field (CC AoE)
Magnetic Aura
Unsteady Ground

Dagger main:
Burning Speed
Lighting Touch (weakness)
Lighting Aura
Ring of Earth (block projectiles)

Dagger Offhand:
Frost Aura
Cleansing Wave (heal+condi removal AoE)
Ride the Lightining (really good Movement)
Updraft (CC)
Earthquake (CC)

Scepter:
Phoenix give Vigor and Clean a Condition AoE (barely a defensive skill)
Water Trident (heal)
Blinding Flash (blind)
Rock Barrier (IMproved Toughness)
Dust Devil (blind)

Focus:
Comet (Daze)
Swirling Winds (Block Projectiled)
Gale (CC)
Magnetic Wave (clean conditions and reflect projectiles)
Obsidian Flesh (Immunity)

Warhorn:

Tidal Surge (heal+CC+Regen)
Water Globe (Heal)
Cyclone (CC that pull)
Sand Squall (Magnetic Aura+protection and increase all boon duration)
Dust Storm (Blind)

I ignored cripple and Immobilize skills.

I think that the Ele/Tempest have a really high amount of ACTIVE DEFENSIVE SKILLS.

Don’t cry.

(edited by Silv.9207)

in PvP

lol you have no idea what active defense is.

in PvP

I play ele since release. Fresh air was never as viable as D/D cele. It was close for a time but was HARD nerfed with the pre-hot patch.

Eles were only able to go glass cannon at launch because you could use your heal skill in mist form and RTL had 12 seconds cooldown.

in PvP

My comments in caps:

Utility:
Arcane shield – 75 SECONDS COOLDOWN
Lighting Flash – DOESN’T STUNBREAK, ONLY 900 RANGE
Mist Form – BLOCKS ALL YOUR SKILLS
Armor of Earth – 75 SECONDS COOLDOWN, NO DEFENSE, JUST DR
Signet of Air – LOL
Aftershock – 45 SECONDS COOLDOWN
Elite: Rebound (just to mention that that skill make you return from death with 5k or more hp) – LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Plus Magnetic and Frost aura. – FROST AURA IS USELESS

Staff:
Burning Retreat – MOBILITY; NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE
Geyser (heal)4 – HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Healing rain (heal, count as defence for me)- HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Gust (CC)- CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Static Field (CC AoE) CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Magnetic Aura – SURE
Unsteady Ground – CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE

Dagger main:
Burning Speed – SURE
Lighting Touch (weakness) – NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE
Lighting Aura – SURE
Ring of Earth (block projectiles) – ONLY BLOCKS FOR HALF A SECOND THOUGH

Dagger Offhand:
Frost Aura – NOT EVEN NOTICABLE
Cleansing Wave (heal+condi removal AoE) – HEAL AND CONDI REMOVAL ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Ride the Lightining (really good Movement) – MOBILITY, NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE, 40 SECOND COOLDOWN
Updraft (CC) – CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Earthquake (CC) CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE

Scepter:
Phoenix give Vigor and Clean a Condition AoE (barely a defensive skill) – NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE
Water Trident (heal) – HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Blinding Flash (blind) – SURE, BUT SINGLE TARGET ONLY
Rock Barrier (IMproved Toughness) – NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE
Dust Devil (blind) – NEVER HITS ANYTHING

Focus:
Comet (Daze) – NET HITS ANYTHING
Swirling Winds (Block Projectiled) – SURE
Gale (CC) – CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Magnetic Wave (clean conditions and reflect projectiles) – CONDI REMOVAL ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Obsidian Flesh (Immunity) – SURE

Warhorn:

Tidal Surge (heal+CC+Regen) – HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Water Globe (Heal) HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Cyclone (CC that pull) CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Sand Squall (Magnetic Aura+protection and increase all boon duration) – SURE
Dust Storm (Blind) – DOESN’T HIT ANYTHING

THE PROBLEM IS ELE HAS 2 ACTIVE DEFENSE THINGS: MAGNETIC AURA AND STATIC AURA, BOTH ON LONG COOLDOWNS AND ONLY WORKING AGAINST HALF THE OPPONENTS.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I main ele and I support Karl, so far anyway These aren’t all the changes guys.

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

Seriously just balance the starting health/armor because it’s never going to get to a great spot this way. Warrior defense skills still as good or better just not shared. There’s no real arguing that there is arguing that the armor classes and health pools have too big an impact to balance classes.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Err.

But wasn’t DS trait OP due to the bunker meta, condi spam and celestial amulet making everyone hit like wet noodles ?

From what i’ve seen, anet is determined to get rid of any defensive amulet so the current DS trait would have been useless anyway. Proof of that being DS trait has always existed but wasn’t declared OP until recently. The cele d/d elem didn’t use it if I recall.

TL;DR – no, the ele wasn’t nerfed. It got changes so that it would adapt to the upcoming heavy offensive meta we’ll get to see with fresh air revamp. The new DS trait is actually a buff considering how necros will apply boon corruption now.

So yeah. You have really no place to complain and devs definetely know better than you lol

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

Err.

But wasn’t DS trait OP due to the bunker meta, condi spam and celestial amulet making everyone hit like wet noodles ?

From what i’ve seen, anet is determined to get rid of any defensive amulet so the current DS trait would have been useless anyway. Proof of that being DS trait has always existed but wasn’t declared OP until recently. The cele d/d elem didn’t use it if I recall.

TL;DR – no, the ele wasn’t nerfed. It got changes so that it would adapt to the upcoming heavy offensive meta we’ll get to see with fresh air revamp. The new DS trait is actually a buff considering how necros will apply boon corruption now.

So yeah. You have really no place to complain and devs definetely know better than you lol

DS had been in the game for a very long time which is hilarious because if it was so op it would have actually been used. Removing Cele ammy is a huge nerf to ele by itself so I don’t really know where you’re coming from.

The fresh air revamp is a bad joke. Ele needs to go full power to pull off mediocre damage with it resulting in 1 hit kills to the ele. It is not a buff to the class and the change is hilariously small did you notice the buff lasts less time then it takes to overload air? Meaning it’s completely useless.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Err.

DS had been in the game for a very long time which is hilarious because if it was so op it would have actually been used. Removing Cele ammy is a huge nerf to ele by itself so I don’t really know where you’re coming from.

The fresh air revamp is a bad joke. Ele needs to go full power to pull off mediocre damage with it resulting in 1 hit kills to the ele. It is not a buff to the class and the change is hilariously small did you notice the buff lasts less time then it takes to overload air? Meaning it’s completely useless.

But Shatterstone will explode 1 second earlier so you can put 1 vulnerability on opponents 1 second faster! SCEPTER SO OP!

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

But Shatterstone will explode 1 second earlier so you can put 1 vulnerability on opponents 1 second faster! SCEPTER SO OP!

So now only have to go to fire, stack might, overload, swap for water and camp it for full five seconds spamming shatterstone for that sweet vulnerability then swap to air, lighting flash and lighting strike then air overload to try to dps?

Easy peasy, we got this boys! Scpeter Hype!

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

My comments in caps:

Utility:
Arcane shield – 75 SECONDS COOLDOWN
Lighting Flash – DOESN’T STUNBREAK, ONLY 900 RANGE
Mist Form – BLOCKS ALL YOUR SKILLS
Armor of Earth – 75 SECONDS COOLDOWN, NO DEFENSE, JUST DR
Signet of Air – LOL
Aftershock – 45 SECONDS COOLDOWN
Elite: Rebound (just to mention that that skill make you return from death with 5k or more hp) – LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Plus Magnetic and Frost aura. – FROST AURA IS USELESS

Staff:
Burning Retreat – MOBILITY; NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE
Geyser (heal)4 – HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Healing rain (heal, count as defence for me)- HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Gust (CC)- CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Static Field (CC AoE) CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Magnetic Aura – SURE
Unsteady Ground – CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE

Dagger main:
Burning Speed – SURE
Lighting Touch (weakness) – NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE
Lighting Aura – SURE
Ring of Earth (block projectiles) – ONLY BLOCKS FOR HALF A SECOND THOUGH

Dagger Offhand:
Frost Aura – NOT EVEN NOTICABLE
Cleansing Wave (heal+condi removal AoE) – HEAL AND CONDI REMOVAL ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Ride the Lightining (really good Movement) – MOBILITY, NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE, 40 SECOND COOLDOWN
Updraft (CC) – CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Earthquake (CC) CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE

Scepter:
Phoenix give Vigor and Clean a Condition AoE (barely a defensive skill) – NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE
Water Trident (heal) – HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Blinding Flash (blind) – SURE, BUT SINGLE TARGET ONLY
Rock Barrier (IMproved Toughness) – NOT ACTIVE DEFENSE
Dust Devil (blind) – NEVER HITS ANYTHING

Focus:
Comet (Daze) – NET HITS ANYTHING
Swirling Winds (Block Projectiled) – SURE
Gale (CC) – CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Magnetic Wave (clean conditions and reflect projectiles) – CONDI REMOVAL ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Obsidian Flesh (Immunity) – SURE

Warhorn:

Tidal Surge (heal+CC+Regen) – HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Water Globe (Heal) HEALING ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Cyclone (CC that pull) CC ISN’T ACTIVE DEFENSE
Sand Squall (Magnetic Aura+protection and increase all boon duration) – SURE
Dust Storm (Blind) – DOESN’T HIT ANYTHING

THE PROBLEM IS ELE HAS 2 ACTIVE DEFENSE THINGS: MAGNETIC AURA AND STATIC AURA, BOTH ON LONG COOLDOWNS AND ONLY WORKING AGAINST HALF THE OPPONENTS.

Active defence, for me, is:
Anything that make you able to evade/reduce the enemy damage and need an activation.
Weakness can be not counted, but is still a condition that grant you defence against direct damage (you reduce the max damage of a berserker enemy by 75% [-50% damage and No Crit] if the weakness proc, for example).
Heal, if immediate, can save you and counter a damage. That can count as a defence. If you don’t heal you die, if you heal you survive. Isn’t that a defence? And isn’t the main heal.

Frost Aura is really good: 10% damage reduction (+40% of traited protection grant you 50% of direct damage reduction) and Chill the enemy, making his skills recharge slowly and reducing his movement speed (if you have swiftness and your enemy have chill you will flee from him really easy, or stay at range to heal or active ranged attacks while totally safe).

And the elite can be good. if you have a good timing you can make a teammate survive or grant you some seconds to survive to a deathblow and heal or flee away with a movement skill.

Then if you blind or CC a enemy while is activating a burst skill, or if you active a movement skill to flee away, you evade All the damage. I think that it’s an active way to defende yourself, right?
A CC can be not a direct defence but can defend you if you’re good to use it.

About Mistform that don’t make you use skills while in use… is a powerfull total immunity skill that also ignore all the movement imparring conditions on you, what do you want more than that???

And actually Condi Removal IS an Active Defence Skill. You need to Active your condi removal and they Clean Conditions that will Damage you or put you in danger.
Condi Clean is (expecially with the current meta) In all aspects a Defensive Skill.

Seriously, if you think that the only active defence skills are Immunity, Block and Projectile Reflection you miss more or less 90% of the defensive ways to protect yourself into a fight.

I hope to find a ele like you while I play why you have to be really easy to kill, don’t you?

I played tempest and find it really bunkerous and with all the heal, condi immunity/remove and defensive/movement skills that have is really hard to find me killed fast.

If you think that the Ele don’t have enough defensive skill, try the Necromancer. As the way you think, if you remove condi clean/transfer, movement (wurn/spectral walk), Blind and other conditions, and CC skills, the necromancer have not a single defensive skill. (and healt isn’t a defensive skill, if the heal isn’t one)

You’re really lucky to have some!

in PvP

Shroud is active defense, it’s basically an (conditional) invulnerable on 10 second cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Shroud is active defense, it’s basically an (conditional) invulnerable on 10 second cooldown.

Sry to say that, but it seems you have no idea what active defense means yourself.
You said several times CC is no active defense (I think it is), then you say static aura is one of the two only active defenses elementalists have? Did I miss the part where static aura is not CC?

Healing is active defense, blind and CC are active defense, block and evades are active defense…. just accept this. And elementalists have many of those skills. And the guys which gave you listes of them didn’t even mention all, like the skills on conjured weapons.

in PvP

Sry to say that, but it seems you have no idea what active defense means yourself.
You said several times CC is no active defense (I think it is), then you say static aura is one of the two only active defenses elementalists have? Did I miss the part where static aura is not CC?

Healing is active defense, blind and CC are active defense, block and evades are active defense…. just accept this. And elementalists have many of those skills. And the guys which gave you listes of them didn’t even mention all, like the skills on conjured weapons.

Static Aura is active defense because it’s instant and it punishes people with a stun for attacking you, just as Magnetic Aura punishes people with a reflect for using ranged attacks.

Other CC isn’t active defense because it’s CC, and most of it has casttimes, i.e. you can’t use it while focused hard.

Healing isn’t active defense in any way. Blind is, but most blind application is passive on ele (fire trait) or on scepter which is a useless weapon.

ACTIVE DEFENSE = stuff that helps you survive a hard focus burst. I.e. blocks, invuls, evades, reflects, etc. Regeneration doesn’t help you survive a burst window.

And yes, technically Dagger Fire 3 is active defense because it evades, but 99% of the time you need the skill for damage because it’s the most damaging skill dagger eles have, AND it’s double-time gated by having a long cooldown AND the attunement cooldown, so in reality you’ll never ever use it for active defense. The evade is basically just a feature on top of a damage skill, as opposed to others that are built around the evade.

(edited by SchmendrickTheMagician.8247)

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

The problem with upcoming change for elementalist is that with thief being buffed very little to no other class can compete with thief’s disengage, mobility, burst and even team support and S/F and S/D builds are certainty not a great build when it comes to conquest. Aside from being very glassy and bursty those builds offer very little to no team support. While people do argue that elementalists have active defenses most are purely for survival and in matches those will be exhausted fairly quick.

Also with upcoming corrupt boon change it is very obvious that elementalist will not perform as well as they could since having lowest vitality in game means having to exhaust long cd condi removal in short amount of time in succession while having to literally run away from any other marauder/berserker classes.

Basically with celestial gone and upcoming corrupt boon change cleric ele will die of its own boon and marauder ele will just get hunted by thieves/mesmers. Elementalist may become the best build for Stronghold due to its nature but in conquest they will lose their position and roles.

Tour

in PvP

The problem with upcoming change for elementalist is that with thief being buffed very little to no other class can compete with thief’s disengage, mobility, burst and even team support and S/F and S/D builds are certainty not a great build when it comes to conquest. Aside from being very glassy and bursty those builds offer very little to no team support. While people do argue that elementalists have active defenses most are purely for survival and in matches those will be exhausted fairly quick.

Also with upcoming corrupt boon change it is very obvious that elementalist will not perform as well as they could since having lowest vitality in game means having to exhaust long cd condi removal in short amount of time in succession while having to literally run away from any other marauder/berserker classes.

Basically with celestial gone and upcoming corrupt boon change cleric ele will die of its own boon and marauder ele will just get hunted by thieves/mesmers. Elementalist may become the best build for Stronghold due to its nature but in conquest they will lose their position and roles.

This. With these changes Eles would need 12 seconds cooldown Ride the Lightning and the ability to use healing skills while in mist form back.

I.e. the only thing that made them viable in the burst meta the first year after launch. When RTL was nerfed into the ground and using skills in mist form removed, Eles only had healing and celestial stats to rely on to survive fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Utility:
Arcane shield
Lighting Flash
Mist Form
Armor of Earth
Signet of Air
Aftershock
Elite: Rebound (just to mention that that skill make you return from death with 5k or more hp)

Plus Magnetic and Frost aura.

Staff:
Burning Retreat
Geyser (heal)
Healing rain (heal, count as defence for me)
Gust (CC)
Static Field (CC AoE)
Magnetic Aura
Unsteady Ground

Dagger main:
Burning Speed
Lighting Touch (weakness)
Lighting Aura
Ring of Earth (block projectiles)

Dagger Offhand:
Frost Aura
Cleansing Wave (heal+condi removal AoE)
Ride the Lightining (really good Movement)
Updraft (CC)
Earthquake (CC)

Scepter:
Phoenix give Vigor and Clean a Condition AoE (barely a defensive skill)
Water Trident (heal)
Blinding Flash (blind)
Rock Barrier (IMproved Toughness)
Dust Devil (blind)

Focus:
Comet (Daze)
Swirling Winds (Block Projectiled)
Gale (CC)
Magnetic Wave (clean conditions and reflect projectiles)
Obsidian Flesh (Immunity)

Warhorn:

Tidal Surge (heal+CC+Regen)
Water Globe (Heal)
Cyclone (CC that pull)
Sand Squall (Magnetic Aura+protection and increase all boon duration)
Dust Storm (Blind)

I ignored cripple and Immobilize skills.

I think that the Ele/Tempest have a really high amount of ACTIVE DEFENSIVE SKILLS.

Don’t cry.

It’s easy to make a list without looking at how each skill works, but at least half if not more of those things you posted are not effective active defenses at all. Some have ridiculous cooldowns for what they do (arcane shield), some lock out all your skills and doesn’t remove movement impairing conditions already applied to you (mist form), and really? you’re bringing in the blinds from scepter? A single blind can just be consumed by auto attacks or attack chains, which is spammed everywhere these days.

Of course you’re also convenient leaving out some important details:
-Elementalists only get one weaponset in combat, so only about 10 things (give or take) in your list are in play at any given time.

-Each individual elementalist skill is generally weaker than an individual skill from any other class, because the devs wanted to balance our greater number of skills. This means that we usually have to swap attunements multiple times to create a combo, as opposed to other classes which generally have a combo in each set of weapon skills.

-All elementalist weapon skills are double-gated: First gated by the skill’s cooldown, and 2nd, gated by the attunement swap cd which is extremely vulnerable to chill unlike weapon swaps. Add this with point 2 above, and you have a situation where even if you have the skill off cd, you might not even be able to use it.

Again, you listed a lot of things, but they’re not that impressive in reality.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

tldr; We’ve been unkillable on point for a long time. Please don’t make us more balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Wow…so many players who have no clue how the Elementalist works, and just list random skills like it means something.

Anet need to buff Elementalist’s health, now that they have killed their PvP viability. Oh and BUFF SCEPTRE AUTOATTACKS!

in PvP

Wow…so many players who have no clue how the Elementalist works, and just list random skills like it means something.

It has always been like this with clueless players.

If I would take the time to list ALL THE MANEUVERS warriors have available to them, this post would probably be close to 100 lines long, but of course it would be not be meaningful in the slightest, because you can never have all the weapons at the same time.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I think the entire dev team has lost there way. They clearly aren’t responding to the game as it actually is.

Mesmerising Girl