Please create a separate queue for Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573

I am much more interested in Stronghold than Conquest, and I don’t want to have to dodge queues in order to play it exclusively.

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I am much more interested in Stronghold than Conquest, and I don’t want to have to dodge queues in order to play it exclusively.

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: Pandatrice.7183

Pandatrice.7183

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I agree with this. Custom arenas will also probably fill up fast at first.

in PvP

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Completly agree. When I read it at dulfy that it will be added to (un)ranked queue exclusivly for 5ppl teams, it kittened me off.

ANET Please at an queue for it, introduce an rank and achivements exclusivly for Stronghold. Like in GW1 with Team Arenas, Alliance Battles, Heroes’ Ascent and Guild Vs Guild.

I dont want to play Stronghold only when getting lucky on map rotation in a 5 on 5, I want to be able to choose to play a Stronghold map or a Conquest map.

(edited by NeroBoron.7285)

in PvP

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

Anet, you really had something going here. I was all hype for stronghold until you took a steaming pile of crap all over it by putting it in conquest queue. Please reconsider.

Pandaz

in PvP

Posted by: Fishrock.5207

Fishrock.5207

+1 to separate queue.

the big issue arises with builds that are good in one are likely mediocre in the other, or just mediocre all around.

Also, this means it is harder to easily practice for GvG. :/

GW2 Wiki: Fishrock

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

wow. can’t wait to que up for a nice game of conquest and get skyhammer, courtyard & stronghold as the choices.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

+1
Agree with this, Devs pls do it.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

PvP forum expert, this would be a good first step as a representative, make sure they understand that this is a big problem.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It should definitely be a separate queue.

Also, what happens if someone hasn’t purchased the expansion pack and stronghold comes up?

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I can’t tell if they’re just gonna throw it into Unranked while having a separate “Ranked” queue for it, or if they’re just gonna throw it into Ranked and Unranked and make no separation between pre-mades and guilds in their matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

Thanks for your time.

This, please make it it’s own queue.

-OR- at the very least commit to making it a seperate queue when/if the demand is met.

A lot of people have been let down slightly today, many of us were expecting a new premir game mode that would grow with more maps to replace conquest. The way you are talking about it now sounds as if it will be just like Courtyard; a one off for fun that will have no growth.

[LR] Siric

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I personally won’t conquest just to do Stronghold. I hope they separate.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah seriously. Who at Anet comes up with this stuff? I don’t play conquest now. I do want to play Stronghold.

This is just beyond incomprehensible. Why would they do this?

in PvP

Posted by: Zaron.3270

Zaron.3270

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: jazzbrownie.6049

jazzbrownie.6049

Thanks for your time.

Agreed, 100%. Custom arenas are NOT a solution. Hotjoin is a joke with constant 4v5 roflstomps and tons of people exploiting spectate to switch to the winning team. It is neither competitive nor entertaining.

Separate queues or riot!

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

+1 agreed with this.

I foresee this crushing build diversity if there’s no separate queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

I am much more interested in Conquest than Stronghold, and I don’t want to have to dodge queues in order to play it exclusively.

Thanks for your time.

Fixed

Countless

Edit- Just for clarification, I don’t really enjoy either game mode too much, my choice is literally based of the lesser of two evils.

(edited by Trigr.6481)

in PvP

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I am much more interested in Conquest than Stronghold, and I don’t want to have to dodge queues in order to play it exclusively.

Thanks for your time.

Fixed

EU Aurora Glade

in PvP

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

My thoughts are the same. I’m not a fan of conquest, but was a fan of the old GW1 GvG style. The explanation of Stronghold reminded me of that style play so I was very excited. Now that it seems it isn’t it’s own game mode like advertised, but just a map in the rotation.

I’ll not be joining into this. Don’t want to play game modes I don’t enjoy just for the chance play a mode I like.

Anet, please reconsider!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryuu.5608

Ryuu.5608

Yes please! Stronghold looks absolutely amazing, and really i’d like to queue a lot on pvp just to play it, please add an option to queue for separate modes (Stronghold, Conq and Courtyard)

in PvP

Posted by: manysongsgw.2931

manysongsgw.2931

I agree, there should be separate queues. Also for practice, you should be able to practice conquest or stronghold (separate the practice button?), rather than having to view the server browser and picking one.

Guild Wars 1 Player of 4+ years
IGN: Valkyrie Friisong
Lvl 80 Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Edmo.7159

Edmo.7159

I agree with OP.

But i also have another solution: Game mode Season Rotation. I think the name explains it self, a Conquest Season and a Stronghold Season (no Courtyard in queues at all).

This game mode season rotation should affect Unranked Queue too, because lot’s players do some unranked matches before go to a Ranked match.

With this rotation we can see which mode is more popular. But i think that tournaments (like ELS) will also show how popular each mode will be.

I don’t play a loot of sPVP, you devs can see my match history, but i’m really interested in play stronghold, even stream it and play tournaments. I’m sure that there are other guys in that situation, it shows that the sPVP population will grow. Maybe enough to make separate queues, who knows?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

as i asked in another post, if you don’t buy the expansion and queue for pvp, what will happen when stronghold comes up as the map?

will we be forced to buy the expansion to pvp at all, and is that Anet’s logic of why they want it to be in the same queue?

in PvP

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I came to the forums to make this request as well, I am quite meh about the current pvp mode (conquest) but on the otherhand love MOBA gameplay and the fact that ANET has taken inspiration from that and seemingly done it quite well has me very excited.

I am very keen to play stronghold in pvp but would rather not have to deal with conquest at the same time, also I am very doubtful custom arenas will be a valid workaround if more than a few people share the same mindset because all the spots will fill too quickly.

Please (times infinity) make it a separate queue so that people who want to play stronghold can play stronghold and people who want to play conquest can play conquest. I suspect these may not be the same crowds of people in any case outside of a bit of overlap.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in PvP

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

Thanks for your time.

Yes! I am very excited for Stronghold, like many others, but was disappointed to hear the news that it would be added to the regular Conquest queue. It needs to be its own game type, and so does deathmatch.

Keep being vocal about this guys!

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in PvP

Posted by: Leios.8965

Leios.8965

Just throwing my name into the hat. Split the modes. Conquest is super fun, but Stronghold seems completely different. I don’t want to get ready for Conquest and then be thrown into a Stronghold match. They require different strategies and thus different builds and armor sets.

in PvP

Posted by: Mc Arthur.9483

Mc Arthur.9483

Just throwing my name into the hat. Split the modes. Conquest is super fun, but Stronghold seems completely different. I don’t want to get ready for Conquest and then be thrown into a Stronghold match. They require different strategies and thus different builds and armor sets.

This. I don´t want to sign in for a Stronghold match and change my entire Build in 1:20 setup in a Conquest match.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

Thanks for your time.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in PvP

Posted by: Kimota.1029

Kimota.1029

Problem I see is that they want to integrate, to include players that never play sPvP, so… that is why they want it integrated in (un)ranked queue. IMHO.

in PvP

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: AwUu.9283

AwUu.9283

Thanks for your time.

Awu – Accidently Famous [oops]
Elementalist | Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: jazzbrownie.6049

jazzbrownie.6049

Thanks for your time.

in PvP

Posted by: Maylo.5892

Maylo.5892

I am never going to buy the expansion if queues are not going to be separated. And fire the guy who came with such idea, it is even worse than balance patches..

Mr Maylo
Rank #1 Life

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

I am never going to buy the expansion if queues are not going to be separated. And fire the guy who came with such idea, it is even worse than balance patches..

+1

They should make:

Unranked arena (Conquest + Stronghold + Deathmatch)
Ranked Conquest
Ranked Stronghold

I’m afraid they decided to include Stronghold in conquest because they don’t have the resources to make a UI that lets the player choose

(edited by Marcos.3690)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Thanks for your time.

+1

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Bartek.3568

Bartek.3568

Thanks for your time.

i have nothing more to say…..

in PvP

Posted by: AwUu.9283

AwUu.9283

+1

They should make:

Ranked Conquest
Ranked Stronghold

+1

Awu – Accidently Famous [oops]
Elementalist | Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Yes separate queue please.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

Thanks for your time.

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

+1

They should make:

Ranked Conquest
Ranked Stronghold

I’m afraid they decided to include Stronghold in conquest because they don’t have the resources to make a UI that lets the player choose

Would be a good alternative. Hope people don’t start kittening about the unranked situation then but w/e.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Golliat.1647

Golliat.1647

Thanks for your time.

Golliat | Calliana — Yak’s Bend [UL] Ultimate Legion

in PvP

Posted by: Phyllo.3174

Phyllo.3174

plz separate them people who are sick of conquest and want to play a new game mode don’t want to have a 1 in whatever chance it is to get the map then hope people vote for it.

The very first recorded versions of Phyllo Dough are in Turkish cuisine.

in PvP

Posted by: Bloodchild.2680

Bloodchild.2680

Logged into these forums for the first time in over a year just to state that I wholly agree that these (and DM) need separate queues. If I want to play Stronghold I want to play it without having to worry about going through custom arenas.

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

+1
I know swallowing your pride is hard but … the people want Stronghold. The people don’t want Conquest.
There’s a saying in German, “man kann einen nicht zu seinem Glück zwingen” – you can’t force someone to his happiness. Likewise, you can’t force players to start enjoying Conquest.
If the only choice for Strongholders is to spend half or more of their game time in a game mode they think is unfun, they will just not play at all.