Please do something about spirit rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

I hate being forced to bring a specific spec just because its FOTM. Even though some of us can make other specs seem viable everyone demands you bring spirit ranger because it’s so strong yet not very fun to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

well spirit ranger is still only working build and its not so strong anymore.
you doing a great job anet in talking at sotg and just do nothing about that

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

If you expect gw2 spvp to be a game about twicthy skills u can die waiting, the game is designed around hard counters and good team compositions.
If the best players of the world make a team and play with 5 staff eles, they will lose against an average team of players. Solo queue leaderboards for example is mostly a demonstration of how you play with a build designed to support others, not your skill (it is known that the best way to improve your solo queue leaderboards is to use something like a guardian, and the bunker one, not really hard to use at all).

If u want twitchy skills, u should seek somewhere else.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

well spirit ranger is still only working build and its not so strong anymore.
you doing a great job anet in talking at sotg and just do nothing about that

spirit rangers are OP, it is a shame they are forced to spec that way, but then again every class in the game is forced to spec 1 way at this current moment

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

stop the qq’s already. i play both glass cannon and spirit build on my ranger. if you want to get insane dps, you go power build but dont expect to get that toughness that a spirit ranger has. people wont get satisfied with the things that they have.

btw, i can beat engineers, guards, and thieves 1v1 on my glassy ranger. rangers are in a really good place right now. stop asking for the nerfbat already.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Stievie.6128

Stievie.6128

stop the qq’s already. i play both glass cannon and spirit build on my ranger. if you want to get insane dps, you go power build but dont expect to get that toughness that a spirit ranger has. people wont get satisfied with the things that they have.

btw, i can beat engineers, guards, and thieves 1v1 on my glassy ranger. rangers are in a really good place right now. stop asking for the nerfbat already.

Its funny because even a staff elementalist doing the same dps as a power ranger, but AoE, while providing waterfields he can blast himself up to 4 times , AoE frostarmors , AoE CC´s still isnt viable for high tpvp play….

Ranger is in a bad place atm, saying “i can beat random guys 1v1” doesnt reflect the state of the ranger at all, there are power builds for superior in terms utility while doing similar dps , that still arent viable vs competent opponents. Some random 1v1´s dont say anything about actualy balance or teamplay, a ranger if he isnt traited for spirits, doesnt provide anything to his team outside of a waterfield on 30 sec cd…
Ontop of that the pet AI still behaves horrible with a plethora of pathing issues.
There are so many problems with rangers at the moment its not even funny.

I believe its a design problem but number tweaks could still do alot, but even that wouldnt go the whole way, heck even thieves are better rangers than rangers.
Like why is it that thieves can do up to 2k auto crits with their shortbow, spam 4k clusterbombs while the ranger shortbow does 500 crits at best if you go full zerker, dont even get me started on SB 3 from thief vs SB 3 from ranger, both are backwards 3/4 sec evades, the rangers does lower dps, doesnt cripple and isnt spammable.

As it stands rangers just get outclassed by about anything in this game due to their relyance on pets. Trap ranger? why not bring a necro? Longbow Ranger? Why not bring a Mesmer/staff ele/Rifle warrior? shoutregen ranger? why not get a bunker engi or guard? All those are more effective, the only realy good build , or better said competive build, they are left with is a passive AI build and that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. They could buff longbow damage by 50% on all abilities and it still wouldnt change a thing in high lvl tpvp, rangers are in dire need of a complete rework, as they are now they are just a hollow shell of the once great gw1 ranger.

tl;dr:
Rangers are outclassed by almost anything and their design is horribly flawed atm.

PS: I dont play ranger

(edited by Stievie.6128)

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Its funny because even a staff elementalist doing the same dps as a power ranger, but AoE, while providing waterfields he can blast himself up to 4 times , AoE frostarmors , AoE CC´s still isnt viable for high tpvp play….

Ranger is in a bad place atm, saying “i can beat random guys 1v1” doesnt reflect the state of the ranger at all, there are power builds for superior in terms utility while doing similar dps , that still arent viable vs competent opponents. Some random 1v1´s dont say anything about actualy balance or teamplay, a ranger if he isnt traited for spirits, doesnt provide anything to his team outside of a waterfield on 30 sec cd…
Ontop of that the pet AI still behaves horrible with a plethora of pathing issues.

I believe its a design problem but number tweaks could still do alot, but even that wouldnt go the whole way, heck even thieves are better rangers than rangers.
Like why is it that thieves can do up to 2k auto crits with their shortbow, spam 4k clusterbombs while the ranger shortbow does 500 crits at best if you go full zerker, dont even get me started on SB 3 from thief vs SB 3 from ranger, both are backwards 3/4 sec evades, the rangers does lower dps, doesnt cripple and isnt spammable.

As it stands rangers just get outclassed by about anything in this game due to their relyance on pets. Trap ranger? why not bring a necro? Longbow Ranger? Why not bring a Mesmer/staff ele/Rifle warrior? shoutregen ranger? why not get a bunker engi or guard? All those are more effective, the only realy good build , or better said competive build, they are left with is a passive AI build and that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. They could buff longbow damage by 50% on all abilities and it still wouldnt change a thing in high lvl tpvp, rangers are in dire need of a complete rework, as they are now they are just a hollow shell of the once great gw1 ranger.

tl;dr:
Rangers are outclassed by almost anything and their design is horribly flawed atm.

dude, just play ranger before you say anything. i dont mean to be rude but you are talking nonsense stuff. a thief is a free kill to a ranger and it doesnt matter what build a ranger has.

these people are asking for another nerf. how many times did anet nerf the spirit build? these kinds of qq posts are becoming really annoying. i play a glass cannon build too and i dont complain when a spirit ranger beats me 1v1. I move on and fight another opponent i can take down. thats it.

maybe anet can buff other stuff on a ranger but please no more of these nonsense nerf on the spirit build. what do you guys want? you want rangers to be non-existent from this game? this is ridiculous.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

Stievie.6128

you didnt seem to understand my point very well, so please let me take a more simple approach:

theres is no reason to bring any other ranger than spirits at the moment because other ranger variants get outshined by builds in similar roles, for high lvl play it doesnt matter if you can beat thiefs 1v1, this was just an example of one of the design flaws rangers have at the moment.

the problem isnt the dmg power ranger put out , but rather their lack of team utility or CC while doing so. this game isnt centered about 1v1 and never will be and in the light of teamfights spirit ranger is the only build that brings something to the table other than just tanky or just damage. I believe spirit rangers are fine the way they are now, by no means an unbeatable build but effective. I just wish for rangers to have a broader spectrum of builds that function outside of 1v1´s on the same lvl as other professions do.

and when i said i dont play ranger, i meant i tried ranger on various accounts, it just isnt a profession i play regulary mainly because i feel ineffective playing anything else than spirits, i mainly play shatter mesmer and there is no reason for me to bring a power ranger, when i could just play the mesmer, do the same range dmg while removing boons left and right and porting between close/mid in the blink of an eye.
as said 1v1 doesnt reflect anything in terms of actually winning games.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

tl;dr:

how many times did anet nerf the spirit build? these kinds of qq posts are becoming really annoying.

Yet they are still OP, and are seeing too much play. Warriors got nerfed too, and are still OP. Mindless cheese specs that a noob can play well in HIGH level tourney play. Just because you shave something, doesn’t mean it is fixed, clearly it needs more shaving. It, along with other specs, have ruined pvp in this game.

Stop trying to defend your broken spec of a class.

You don’t even lift bro!

All is vain.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I would much rather see spirit rangers on the enemy team than mm necros or warriors which is pretty much all I ever see anymore. Have to blame anet for 90% or rangers playing spirit rangers though the other ranger builds are terrible.

in PvP

Stievie.6128

I would much rather see spirit rangers on the enemy team than mm necros or warriors which is pretty much all I ever see anymore. Have to blame anet for 90% or rangers playing spirit rangers though the other ranger builds are terrible.

that is exactly my point. i dont know how other classes fare against spirit rangers , but as a shatter mesmer they are perfectly beatable , even though its tough (like it should be). you cant blame a class for playing their stronges build, no matter how passive it is, if they dont have any other build that could compensate

in PvP

Valentin.2073

tl;dr:

how many times did anet nerf the spirit build? these kinds of qq posts are becoming really annoying.

Yet they are still OP, and are seeing too much play. Warriors got nerfed too, and are still OP. Mindless cheese specs that a noob can play well in HIGH level tourney play. Just because you shave something, doesn’t mean it is fixed, clearly it needs more shaving. It, along with other specs, have ruined pvp in this game.

You don’t even lift bro!

All is vain.

needs more shaving? you have a lot of nerve to say that. MM’s destroy spirit rangers in teamq and soloq now. do u think that 33% reduction on our storm spirit didnt hurt us? most teams take spirit rangers just for the rez spirit atm. our ability to defend a home node was severely reduced. anet made spirit rangers only good for team support after the patch and i think thats already more than enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Buff other ranger traits. Ende of story.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

tl;dr:

You don’t even lift bro!

All is vain.

needs more shaving? you have a lot of nerve to say that. MM’s destroy spirit rangers in teamq and soloq now. do u think that 33% reduction on our storm spirit didnt hurt us? most teams take spirit rangers just for the rez spirit atm. our ability to defend a home node was severely reduced. anet made spirit rangers only good for team support after the patch and i think thats already more than enough.

Oh poor you, a 33% nerf while the spirit isn’t even bound to what kind of power you have, buhuuu.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.