Please don't implement the new amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

• New PvP Amulet: Deadshot Amulet: 1050 Precision, 1050 Condition Damage, 560 Vitality, 560 Expertise

It’s going to be nothing but d/d permaevade condi thieves everywhere

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

It won’t be countered any worse than it already is though. But this is a very nice amulet for them so you’re right that there’ll be more of them.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Its funny you bring that up because i was fighting one and i was like omg i cant stand fighting this person.

I was on warrior and i was like how come my blocks are not reflecting back the daggers?

I guess alot more condi reduction runes this next season, if you can play it.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

It won’t be countered any worse than it already is though. But this is a very nice amulet for them so you’re right that there’ll be more of them.

the only counter ive seen that works is high damaging aoe usually condi (necro does well here with staff) my warrior struggles to no end to just land a single cc and i have a ton of them. when their cooldowns are burned they just dodge away and hide until they are back up (which are really short) and yes im timing everything to try and land in the single frame you have open.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

the only counter ive seen that works is high damaging aoe usually condi (necro does well here with staff) my warrior struggles to no end to just land a single cc and i have a ton of them. when their cooldowns are burned they just dodge away and hide until they are back up (which are really short) and yes im timing everything to try and land in the single frame you have open.

Do you know how frustrating (or rather near impossible) it is to fight warriors on power thief? Yeahhhh…… get the taste of own medicine. Condi thief is still way easier to kill than condi war – 1 CC murders them.

Frankly, i would be more worried about other condi classes using this amy.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

mercenary was better anyway :[

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

so….its a vitality version of wanderers? Isn’t going to make much difference. They just need around the same amount of hits to drop them. Only difference is they can take 1 or 2 more tick of condis…that’s all. Vanilla Engi ftw

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Why not just stick with Carrion still? I don’t see the need for the precision, you get some extra power for the autos when not spamming evades, and a larger health pool. Shorter duration condis but a bit more bursty with higher condi damage.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Why not just stick with Carrion still? I don’t see the need for the precision, you get some extra power for the autos when not spamming evades, and a larger health pool. Shorter duration condis but a bit more bursty with higher condi damage.

opens up sigil choices = more damage

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Do you know how frustrating (or rather near impossible) it is to fight warriors on power thief? Yeahhhh…… get the taste of own medicine. Condi thief is still way easier to kill than condi war – 1 CC murders them.

actually i do. do you know what every thief has told me since day 1? thief is not a 1v1 class. its a team player unless you go staff. if you go staff youll eat warriors for lunch.i might main warrior but i play thief revenant necro and lately a little bit of druid (though i suck bad) today i decided to try staff thief instead of dagger pistol. assuming my aim is good and i land hits they die in a couple. endure pain goes up and i avoid them until its down and dps hard. perma evade condi thief is cancer. skullgrinder is op as kitten. but so is every class atm. theres a reason we arent in ESL.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

• New PvP Amulet: Deadshot Amulet: 1050 Precision, 1050 Condition Damage, 560 Vitality, 560 Expertise

Good, so the opposite team will be basically outnumbering, because d/d is crap and will not work anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Good, so the opposite team will be basically outnumbering, because d/d is crap and will not work anyway.

Like your side will be any better..we’re talking about GW2..where MMR is horrid and skill level is the lowest across all games out there…therefore the low skill/high reward build will work great

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

actually i do. do you know what every thief has told me since day 1? thief is not a 1v1 class. its a team player unless you go staff. if you go staff youll eat warriors for lunch.i might main warrior but i play thief revenant necro and lately a little bit of druid (though i suck bad) today i decided to try staff thief instead of dagger pistol. assuming my aim is good and i land hits they die in a couple. endure pain goes up and i avoid them until its down and dps hard. perma evade condi thief is cancer. skullgrinder is op as kitten. but so is every class atm. theres a reason we arent in ESL.

Yeah there is also reason why people play thieves in Pro League when they don’t care anymore and enemy team just chooses to ignore them. There is also reason why you see like 1 staff thief out of 30 in high tiers of pvp. You know p/p thief was actually great for killing DHs last season? Did you see many of them? Yeah, because overall it is bad build. Staff is kind same, it is very selfish, works well vs bad players but overall it is still behind d/p – simply because d/p is more team oriented and universal.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I actually see myself using this amulet for Chrono with pistol offhand or even just a Reaper would make good use of it, extra life force health pool and all…

Seems we are getting more reliant on Condition builds for DPS though.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i do not think it will be that big of a deal its not much diffrenret then the wanderers amulet. just trade toughness for more hp points

master jedi david

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

it’s the amulet condi engi has needed for a long time. very excited about this.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Precision is a waste for them, it would be good if it gave Power instead.
Permaevade thief: d/d #3 should be a flip skill like Flanking Strike.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I feel it´s mostly a replacement for wanderer necros. For others it might be more stable if you have high protection uptime compared to wanderers.