Please..don't nerf dmg (direct/condi)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Just pls Devs! I’m having a blast, finally able to finish a fight within secs instead than spend “half day” , playing boring matches against full bunker teams sitting on point.
For the love of god, have mercy on my liver ; for months I had to endure the suffering brought down by those ridiculous premades running double shoutbow/engi or double guardian, not even with a freaking zerk staff I had enough damage to down a single one of them, tanky as hell with kittenload of healing

Just think about it! People want to see fast fights, true esport fans don’t enjoy neverending fights, do not bring back the snoozefests.

I can finally spec and see actual damage, i can finally down those bunkers that seemed to never die, premade or not.

Sure some things like burning scaling , celestial and other will need a revision but overall the patch is great; the direct damage increase is fabulous, it will bring forth a new meta.

Players may finally learn the meaning of rotations and leave behind the old notion of “toughness and protection stacking then zerg from point A to B”.

Just no knee jerk nerfs pls

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Just no knee jerk nerfs pls

Too late, Mesmers got nerfed first again, as usual.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Actually I even agree on this. I love the fast-paced fights I had yesterday evening. They´re fun.
Though I think that there is absolutely no justification anymore to keep air/fire sigils as they are right now. Before it was necessary clutch play for zerker classes because sooo many builds were ridiculously tanky and could ditch out huge damage at the same time. They needed it to keep up. Now I don´t think that this clutch is necessary anymore – on the contrary, I consider it undesireble for a skillbased burst meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Do not remove the sigils, just reduce the scaling, the base number and they’re gold

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I don’t mind if they keep it, but then all passive procs need toning down and more emphasis on telegraphing and smart dodging.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Do not remove the sigils, just reduce the scaling, the base number and they’re gold

Nah i don´t think removing them is an option. But a more uhm… decent effect (for the lack of better words).
Like… dunno…. 50% more direct damage after using an f-utility? for uh what do i know 3 seconds on a 10/15/20 secs cd? ugh whatever Ima leave this to the theorycrafters… Just something that doesn´t proc for random extra damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

I’m with you, most fun balance this game has had. Combat actually feels fast-paced and I actually feel like I’m rewarded more for outplaying than ever before.

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

I second this on my ele i could fight the same player the whole match now stuff dies

in PvP

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

Loving the damage. Cleaving downed state people & punishing poorly thought out rez attempts has never been more rewarding. Mistakes are much more costly now, and skirmishes are decided very quickly. Pace has definitely gotten faster. It’s still only been a day, but I’m liking it.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

don’t nerf the damage, it’s good. just keep an eye out on outlier builds. so far, I haven’t run into one. well, I did get dunked for 16k damage on 2k toughness by a zerker warrior but that was my bad.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

I love it so far too (playing berserker warrior). Fights are quite enjoyable and tense, you can one-shot opponents and can get destroyed pretty fast as well if you’re careless. A friend of mine went for some sturdy guardian build, and was quite happy with it too (we made some nice combos together).

There will certainly be some minor adjustments later – but I’d like to offer my thanks to the ANet team that has decided the new orientation. I’m having a lot of fun playing PvP now (and roaming WvW for what matters).

in PvP

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I dunno guys, at the current state it is nearly who ever getting the jump / stun / daze lock combo burst wins. You all really want the Archeage style of pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

+1 don’t nerf the damage. Keep tweaking the number for bugs, but no knee-jerk nerf on damage please.

Bunkers slowly poking each other on points are what made GW2 so boring to watch on stream. Mistakes are more costly now, and that’s a good thing!

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573

Definitely agree. Loving this!

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

please nerf this kitteng godkitten kitten kitten patch

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Agreed. I enjoy the damage spikes across the board. As a necro, it actually used to feel a bit boring when vs a thief; now thieves are much more of a threat and its actually a bit more fun that way. The damage is pretty nuts but I have even more enjoyment from defeating a thief or warrior now because of how close it can get.

in PvP

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

just imagining a warrior burning you at 1200 range and you can’t do anything about it, when you get close he is immune to stuns and conditions for 10 seconds, so you have to live though constant renewed burning for like 10-20 seconds for all i know, on top of direct damage, its tough!

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Yea! Why not boost Power and Condition Damage to a million and everyone will one-shot everyone and battles will be realy quick and there will be no need for Vitality, Thoughness and Healing Power those stats are for fools anyway!
Team play is all about who hits first. Reviving have no teamplay and best way should be to one shot them while they are downed, Stomping is for loosers. This game is wonderfull now but pls give us more damage pls so we can have even faster battles!

…. Ofc I am sarcastic!

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yea! Why not boost Power and Condition Damage to a million and everyone will one-shot everyone and battles will be realy quick and there will be no need for Vitality, Thoughness and Healing Power those stats are for fools anyway!
Team play is all about who hits first. Reviving have no teamplay and best way should be to one shot them while they are downed, Stomping is for loosers. This game is wonderfull now but pls give us more damage pls so we can have even faster battles!

…. Ofc I am sarcastic!

Have you tried bunker/support post patch??

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I do find damage to be a little high, but on the over hand I didn’t really enjoy the bunkering from before.

If TTK is to low as it seems, I think ANet should lower damage, but if they do I’d like them to lower sustain/healing too. It wasn’t tankiness that caused the “boring” bunker fights but their ability to sustain and outheal a lot of damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I do find damage to be a little high, but on the over hand I didn’t really enjoy the bunkering from before.

If TTK is to low as it seems, I think ANet should lower damage, but if they do I’d like them to lower sustain/healing too. It wasn’t tankiness that caused the “boring” bunker fights but their ability to sustain and outheal a lot of damage.

With good balance person should be able to sustain himself (with a little help from your team) until you do mistake/get outplayed or get outnumbered (someone else on your team has died etc). Example: Gw1.

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

What I mean mostly here is that, I don’t think ti’s the fact the average TTK lowered a lot that people like so much as the fact the highest TTK got lowered a lot :p

I’m pretty sure TTK was infinite in some situations before the patch XD

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

…. Ofc I am sarcastic!

Have you tried bunker/support post patch??

Ye, tried a more tanky build now and… well it went better… Maby when people stops playing zerker only it will be okay… I rest my case a few more days before I complain again.

But still even as a support build I kill quicker with attacking then trying to stomp downed players… Stomping is useless now.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

If people would switch thier builds to counteract it they would be fine.

Currently as a necro I am Tanky as hell and its a nice switch. I just hope they dont realize how strong my ability to survive is and take it away.

in PvP

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

What then? Dire vs Zerk? Either way, someone is gonna get bursted down fast.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

+1

For once I’m actually considering playing sPvP more and more and not only when roaming in WvW is slow! Fast paced fights are awesome! There is still a great need of balance to do, but I feel like we are on the road to something great.

Anyway, if you think about reducing damage, make sure we don’t fall back to the bunker meta where no one dies unless outnumbered.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Fight pacing was fine before changes. Damage is way too high now.

You should die quickly if you don’t avoid the correct abilities. Right now you die quickly if you don’t avoid practically everything. Defensive stats barely help.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

Fight pacing was fine before changes. Damage is way too high now.

You should die quickly if you don’t avoid the correct abilities. Right now you die quickly if you don’t avoid practically everything. Defensive stats barely help.

Honestly, prepatch balance was painful. I had to play 6/6/0/0/2 zerker fresh air ele to keep from falling asleep.

I know that some people get off on the fact that the vast majority of builds can’t kill them 1v1, but I personally can’t stand it.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

lot of people are still using berserker amulet but now they have 11k hp with it. Why isn’t marauder the default? some ppl didn’t even notice that it used to have vitality

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The damage is fine except maybe a slight burning nerf. Its actually easier to get resses now than in the cele meta.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Marauder is mostly pointless right now since you get insane burst with zerker and survivability from stealth/blocks/invulnerability. Other forms of defense,including higher health pool, are just rather pointless right now.

The burst is definitely far too high. When everyone can be one-shot if the opponent initiates first you don’t have ‘fast-paced combat’, but rather no combat at all. Just one-shot ting.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The damage is fine.

I’m happy that now a lot of people have to think about defense. It used to be they could just count on a key press combo to kill a Mesmer really fast. Now, zerkers need to think about defensive skills and positioning. I think it’s brilliant.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Mesmer right now are mostly just carried by the new pu. Condi mesmer is really bad compared to power, the advantage of power shatter is now probably much higher than it was before the patch due to how much essentially unavoidable burst you can have.

in PvP

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

Agreed I’ll take the griped i have with this over the old cele meta and kittenin day.

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Frustrating that pvp does not promote skill at all now. Dodging means nothing with a million dmg from a million AOEs coming out. Its like protection does nothing.
Vigor is useless now.

God over it.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

When you realise you still lose most of the time most of you will start complaining again. Too early to tell but seems to me everyone is running Berzerker amulet now which tells me less diversity.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

mistsim.2748

so after about 25 hours in pvp post patch, i can safely say burning needs to get looked at. it’s mega strong, especially on cele ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The issue is that classes that believed they were highly skilled now have to learn defensive skills instead of simply popping offensive combos.

I understand that the zerk gravy train has been the status quo for a long time, but it’s really time to learn to play.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

mistsim.2748

other than rampage and the insane shatter build, Im finding rest of zerker builds in a pretty good spot.

in PvP

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

I agree to 100%, never had this much fun in PVP