Please dont change PvP

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I know people are crying left and right on this forum but to many of the people i play with in PvP. We like the change and the many who come on this forum to complain are saying things like dont tell me to adapt or change my build. People are literally coming on here crying because they dont want to have to change anything.

I understand your in a tough spot having to deal with these loud mouth babies but there always on here crying. They wont stop complaining till you give them super powers and leave everyones build the same.

Seriously all ive heard for months on here was the same complaints about not enough high rish righ reward builds( we got it now) cele being op (its not anymore) classes being dps imbalanced( you are now what your are, no meta builds to rely on) and they cant deal with it again.

The rumor is that your lowering dps which to me would be a shame, if im running rune of the pack with the zerker ammy and i still stack might with my utility skills and i land a big hit on somebody who isnt a bunker they should go down.

Im sorry mike tyson needed how many punches to take out his opponents in the 80s?

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

^

I need 15 characters.

NSPride <3

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

+1

/15 characters.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

There’s always going to be people crying, but there is difference between high risk builds and just too much damage around. And actually no, not all specs are on par with other classes. I honestly don’t understand how people are fine with leaving broken things in game. Everyone also gained a lot of passives. I dunno, but I just can’t see anything skilled about mesmer bursting someone from stealth.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

There’s always going to be people crying, but there is difference between high risk builds and just too much damage around. And actually no, not all specs are on par with other classes. I honestly don’t understand how people are fine with leaving broken things in game. Everyone also gained a lot of passives. I dunno, but I just can’t see anything skilled about mesmer bursting someone from stealth.

It’s because they got illusion of being good due to broken stuff.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Razor.9872

Mesmer needs to be fixed (not necessarily nerfed) but fixed for sure. One point we are arguing is while there is a difference between too much damage and risk/reward gameplay — that problem currently isn’t a problem. We believe the damage and tank ability levels are nearly just right. From what perspective do you find there to be too much damage? Like, do you run a glassy thief? Or a trying to be tanky guadian? We would never be fine with something broken. But that’s just it: we don’t find it broken — we find it fixed.

NSPride <3

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Seriously all ive heard for months on here was the same complaints about not enough high rish righ reward builds( we got it now) cele being op (its not anymore) classes being dps imbalanced( you are now what your are, no meta builds to rely on) and they cant deal with it again.

It’s not even high risk high reward, it’s low risk high reward. Everything is getting melted from far away or dying so fast they can’t respond.

The rumor is that your lowering dps which to me would be a shame, if im running rune of the pack with the zerker ammy and i still stack might with my utility skills and i land a big hit on somebody who isnt a bunker they should go down.

Im sorry mike tyson needed how many punches to take out his opponents in the 80s?

They should go down because you stacked some might and hit them from stealth? And when they couldn’t respond because you know…ping exists and humans can’t react faster than a speeding bullet, then what? Remember mike tyson fought professional boxers, we’re not professionals, the game has to actually bring new blood in. And hair trigger reaction gameplay has always been the domain of FPS. Also don’t forget that we had this meta a long time ago, thieves and mesmers had super burst and it got nerfed into the ground, newer players couldn’t do anything against them and it turned everyone off.

Do not construe my statements to mean burst shouldn’t exist, it did in the last meta but it wasn’t 100-0 before you could press a skill. You usually had to set up a burst and time it: risk/reward.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I’m having a blast in this meta.

Makes you realise how many players in the EU community were being carried by the old celestial.

Phaatonn, London UK

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I agree, traits (and skills) that promote passive play are not a positive change.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Grenade bug on Engi is ridiculous either fix the bug or nerf the amount of nades to something reasonable.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Problem in PvP is that they have lowered base armor and increased base power and crit chance.

That leads to deaths which are way too fast.

That applies also in WvW which makes encounters favor those who are grouped.

I hope Anet will readjust power and armor stats so they’ll work like in the past.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Yeah the game is perfectly balanced now that everyone plays glass cannon. We don’t need the complication of other play styles or actually fighting for more than 5 sec.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yeah the game is perfectly balanced now that everyone plays glass cannon. We don’t need the complication of other play styles or actually fighting for more than 5 sec.

Why do I keep seeing this? I see condition and bunker specs as well. This era is the best of PvP so far.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

Honestly I’m just glad the meta has changed. Say what you will about broken specs, nothing is as bad for a PvP game as a meta that doesn’t change for a whole year. I’ve played some PvP games again yesterday for the first time in a couple of months and really enjoyed it, just because I was seeing new things.

It’s too early to really tell how strong everything is (for the most part), so just try out new builds and have fun. If something is still perceived as being broken after sufficient time has passed, then we can start discussing balance again.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Grenade bug on Engi is ridiculous either fix the bug or nerf the amount of nades to something reasonable.

god it’s fun though.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

god it’s fun though.

I find it to be a good defensive tool when a thief or Mesmer decides to burst you completely out of stealth from full hp to downed.

Unlike warriors or rangers, engies can’t do any damage when invulnerable.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

god it’s fun though.

I find it to be a good defensive tool when a thief or Mesmer decides to burst you completely out of stealth from full hp to downed.

Unlike warriors or rangers, engies can’t do any damage when invulnerable.

also i should add im running zerk with runes of the wurm for the big KO nades. that’s super glassy, seems like the damage may be fine in the current super dps meta.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Any build that uses more hard defenses like invisibility, CC, or invuln is in a GREAT spot right now. Anybody that uses blinds blocks and heals is screwed(Especially the heals). So yeah change pvp. Give us our defensive stats back. Let the super backstabbers keep their crazy zerker amulets but give the rest of us our stats back.

People are crying about the “new meta” because its screwed up half the builds in the game. THATS why it needs fixing. not because “Q.Q we can’t dodge”. No we are at a distinct disadvantage now and we need to get this stuff balanced out again.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Why do you guys seriously think there are no good bunker builds? I was playing with some friends and they both run zerker builds and they ran into a necro they couldnt kill. It took them over a minute for 2 dps players to kill a bunker necro.

On my guardian i literally decapped and capped a spot and got help before a dps thief could kill me. He tried to kill me for over 90 sec and was nearing a point where he was gonna kill me. Then some one came to help me and he had to leave, thats how PvP should be.

ill say again im sorry if you cant change your game play or come up with a decent build on your own. I have been playing with friends and literally are trying everything and 1 person made a really nice spirit weapon guardian build. Seriously think about that, i also run elixers on my engy and its good enough to get the job done.

I never said it was perfect from a skills on classes perspective. Though i truly believe this is how pvp should be. Zerkers hit hard but have glass chins, cele are good at everything and not great at anything, bunkers bunk.

For to long meta builds in this game controlled every aspect of pvp. In tournaments now you will have to guess who is what and what kind of build they are with in that game. No more 2 cele kit engy with 1 shot warrior 1 d/d ele and a random. The team change aspect of pvp now is limitless.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

god it’s fun though.

I dont think its that bad, when i go in with people in teams we actually target engys first now since there either super glassy or more defensive. I feel people will actually have to use there heads for awhile in pvp.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

I’m having a blast in this meta.

Makes you realise how many players in the EU community were being carried by the old celestial.

+1 for NA.

Rantev [Warrior]

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

The pvp needs some small adjustments but it’s very nice overall.

Almost every class has some diversity now.
Mesmer, Guard, Necro, Ranger, Engi, Ele, they all can chose to go damage or condi. And all of them are very well playable at the moment.
Some even add tanky possibilities.

Some players may have to get used to the new combat strategies, and some changes may be a little bit too strong.
But in the end we have a very great build variety now. And this makes pvp much more interesting than before.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rhys.9706

Rhys.9706

Coming back from a couple of months break. So far the games I have been playing have been amazing and very challenging in terms of learning to read all these new icons and all the builds people are throwing out there and trying out. It feels like when I got the game (Around December 2013) and everything was so new and fun, I tried out a PU mesmer, staff healing elementalist and was messing around with a warrior. PU mesmer was fun especially linking the blinds from shatter to confusion without feeling like I will be punished too much and fully enjoyed the experience of applying torment and confusion to great effect, I even got to mess with stats that I did not need to go invisible too much and could contest on points. Healing elementalist was fun too and I could support my squishy friends and challenge for a point. My damage was a shambles but the healing more than made up for it which is what I was aiming for.

My current experience is that PU Mesmer/ Staff Heal Ele is very fun again and would be a shame if we nerfed the damage down into the ground again leading to all those sustain builds.

Have fun friends!

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

+1 fully support this thread.
Now, only thing Anet need to do is to fix Grenade Barrage bug, fix several small bugs, and re-adjust burning stacking from individual skills.

Tarcis.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Far too much one-shot stuff possible with most figts being decided solely by build, initiation advantage, luck or rng.

Now it might be nice for you if you want an fps experience but my impression was this is still supposed to be a rpg.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Far too much one-shot stuff possible with most figts being decided solely by build, initiation advantage, luck or rng.

Now it might be nice for you if you want an fps experience but my impression was this is still supposed to be a rpg.

There are some bugs there and there the experience is great right now. Have you tried a bunker spec post patch??

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

When a ‘high risk’ build has no risk because it can defeat anything before they can react, even less if they have a little bit over 200ms latency, that’s not a high risk build. It’s a broken build that must be addressed ASAP.

As fun as GW1’s dragon arena was, everyone had the same build, and it gets old after a while. That’s why it’s a festival PvP mode and not an all-year-round thing.

You turn the entirety of PvP into a series of 1-4 second burst instead 1-2 minute fights as they should be, and it gets boring really fast for anyone but those abusing the few broken builds that can hit stuff by mindlessly spamming stuff around.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Well what exactly is the point of a bunker spec now? There is a thread here on the forum which shows that a guardian with sentinel can be one-shot by a shatter mesmer now (well downed in the span of 2-3 seconds). Why would you play a bunker if you can actually be one-shot??? I mean the point of a bunker would be do be able to hold off at least two people for a little while. How can that ever be possible now? When playing against a team with several power burst builds bunkers are basically a guaranteed loss.

I should maybe add that bunkers have not been viable for quite a while now, even before the patch. Not that I even wanted to play one.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

When a ‘high risk’ build has no risk because it can defeat anything before they can react, even less if they have a little bit over 200ms latency, that’s not a high risk build. It’s a broken build that must be addressed ASAP.

This is the current problem.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Razor.9872

Not really. No matter how glassy a build is, it cannot defeat a tanky build before that build can react. Unless 3+ players stunlock the tank build into oblivion, it’s just not possible.

So no, they can’t “defeat anything before they can react”

NSPride <3

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Not really. No matter how glassy a build is, it cannot defeat a tanky build before that build can react. Unless 3+ players stunlock the tank build into oblivion, it’s just not possible.

So no, they can’t “defeat anything before they can react”

It is arguably possible for a mesmer from stealth but tbh, if you see the mesmer stealth you should prepare for their incoming burst because it will hit like a truck.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

…For to long meta builds in this game controlled every aspect of pvp. In tournaments now you will have to guess who is what and what kind of build they are with in that game. No more 2 cele kit engy with 1 shot warrior 1 d/d ele and a random. The team change aspect of pvp now is limitless…

^This. Can we just delete metabattle.com? If I wanted to fight sheep I’d move to New Zealand. It’s way more fun fighting among this huge build diversity we have now.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s more fun on some professions which were “designed to be zerker” I would say and less on others who were not, I believe.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: JoelTang.3680

JoelTang.3680

I like the new system but it does seem to be over powered. Big fights no longer last more than a few seconds in some cases. That is less fun. I avoid thieves like crazy now. Even during matches thieves are calling themselves OP.

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Capito.2046

Capito.2046

What’s the strategy you are talking about?
Risky? what risk you are talking about!
Players crying here and there? O__O
What the hell are you talking about?
Players take instant 36k damage! Strategy ? what are you talking about! you don’t even have time to make your strategy
Conditions damage now ( burn for example) yeah it’s risky that will put you on fire and instant death for sure!
Players crying here and there, well that’s true! what did you really expect?

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

People are crying because they die now. No more free escapes in the form of passive defenses and an abundance of healing. (Some of which was uninteruptable.)

At this point people who are complaining when they die to thieves, Mesmers, Eles, engies, ect. Is only because they lack the APM and can no longer freely recover. (Team fight enie nades is a bit broken but bug right? Atleast it’s out playable 1v1)

In terms of mes:
burst from stealth is the same as thief, and thief was a hard counter to mes for the longest time due to lacking the tools to deal with it. For years Mesmer’s had to try to adapt only for fall short before being properly buffed.

But If other builds already have the tools to deal with Mesmers and now need to deal with the new PU as current mes has to with thief I see very little difference in the matchup, and don’t consider this imba.

Btw any mesmer who runs PU will have very outplayable cooldowns OR will apply much less pressure outside of the initial burst, than a Dom/duel/illusion mes... It’s also show funny how salty they get when they die.

That being said I’d actually be fine with a nerf to PU, but currently it’s the best way to deal with medi guards, which is another counter. But PU still dies to heavy burst. (When old PU was super annoying it was fun to nuke then with thief lol.) so the cycle continues, if PU is nerfed medi guards would need a nerf otherwise we’re back to a stupid hard counter scinero where build > play.

Atleast in the current state of the game EVERYONE can kill EVERYONE! Regardless of spec. It only seems OP because players who have learned to deal with heavy pressure adapt better since this is what they have done for a long time. What’s left is those carried by no risk, free recovery, and passive defenses in despair.

I dunno about you guys but I love watching a thief/ranger/war health drop a decent but fair amount per clean hit... But the first one of us to whiff our trade of blows and it’s all over. *0*

If we’re going to change it, atleast give the game 3 months to adapt, it’s not uncommon for everyone to cry "IMBA" and "OP" right after a patch.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Yeah this is way more fun now than the cele meta. One change I would love to see though is a reduced respawn timer now that everyone dies more often – only in hotjoin and unranked maybe, 5-10 seconds instead of 15?

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Please dont change PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Capito.2046

Capito.2046

The conclusion:
If you play with an OP build you’ll destroy players and by OP I mean (instant 36k damage (guard)/Mirror Images deal 5k3 on a Tanky war + the Op Mesmer burst yeah! ^__^ Funny and skillful / Burn stack deal instant 20k+ damage /engineer grenades ……
A warrior hp (for example) between 19-24k !
Daishi what are you talking about?
[“Regardless of spec. It only seems OP because players who have learned to deal with heavy pressure adapt better since this is what they have done for a long time. What’s left is those carried by no risk, free recovery, and passive defenses in despair.”]
I’m not crying here I’m really fine, it’s just like Anet didn’t understand the real role of every class they made …. A Mesmer with 22k Hp with such a survivability and a thief with Alpha Burst (hope you’ll understand the meaning of Alpha burst), an Elementalist immortal in PVP/WvW ….
And like always this video of the OP guard will resume everything Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlU76B50hvs&feature=youtu.be