in PvP

Posted by: XPGAMER.7324

XPGAMER.7324

Because… Engi is underpowered.

Please explain why this needs buffed.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

You jumped directly into the turrets? lol…

Kill them from ranged spamming whatever bouncing or AOE attacks you have. An engineer isn’t going to leave the node, because that’s where his turrets are. He has to stay there unless he wants to fight without utilities.

That’s a team fight. Can’t all stay ranged.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: BoB.6082

BoB.6082

Kill them from ranged spamming whatever bouncing or AOE attacks you have. An engineer isn’t going to leave the node, because that’s where his turrets are. He has to stay there unless he wants to fight without utilities.

Rabid amulet nades dont do anything. They outheal my dps.

Engineer | Mesmer | Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Don’t you see there are some much space left in the circle?
I think the next new Trait is going to be “Clone Factory” I am pretty sure you don’t need me to explain you how this trait works, right?

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Considering you can’t crit or condi turrets because they’re structures, they have 1200? range, you’ll die before you kill them or the other team will get 100 points from the length of time to kill them then kill the engy.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

Because… Engi is underpowered.

Because people chasing me while running in my aoe nade/bomb fields isn’t underpowered at all.

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Considering you can’t crit or condi turrets because they’re structures, they have 1200? range, you’ll die before you kill them or the other team will get 100 points from the length of time to kill them then kill the engy.

1500 Range

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Other bunker builds can freely enter and leave their homepoint if they need to. They are effective anywhere in the map.

Turret engineers cannot have that kind of effectiveness. They are only effective at one specific area. It just so happens that specific area are the capture points. They can blow up the turrets, but then they will have to wait for some time to set up the turrets. By the time the turret engineer moves to another point, the battle is already over.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

You have my sympathy BoB.6082.

This is one of the hilarious consequences of when people are shoehorned into condi/bunker meta and you now lack the power to destroy the AI turrets. Most engineers run rabid anyway, so unless you want to stand there like an idiot spamming nades for about a minute (that you don’t have), you can’t fight the turreteer.

Turret engineer isn’t really as static as people make it seem. It’s easy to spot the FoTM ones who just sit in the middle of them, instead of creating a good spread and working on the move. In addition, the toolbelt abilities are still usable while on the move, and picking up a deployed turret shortens the cooldown significantly in case you have to fight en route to another point.

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

(edited by Oakwind.6187)

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

noob engy complaining about not being able to deal with a certain build in team game plz halp

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You need to understand the ANET balance philosophy. It is like the George Constanza (seinfeld for you nubs) do the opposite thing.

Community: Turret engis are OP and need to be nerfed.
Community: We don’t like to play against AI
ANET: We hear you. We will buff rocket turrets.
ANET: The only way we can annoy the community even more is if we buff spirit weapons on guardians. Let’s surprise them with that (a prediction from me)

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I like how people say “just use AOE on them” like they have super low health or everyone has ice bow/meteor storm. Another thing to note: many engis just spread the turrets around a point and sometimes they place the rocket turret in the air above the point(they do this a lot on spirit watch A/C). So now rocket turret can be even better because hell yeah Anet balance baby!

in PvP

Posted by: scirocco.9805

scirocco.9805

the only problem is I have with engineers is the stupidly op healing, a.e.d does like 15k healing and they can spec so they ckittene 2 of them in a row most op heal in game.

Waiting for the linux port, wine makes my computer burn..

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Turret Engineer is fine. What’s not fine is that you didn’t roll the hard counter to the turret Engineer who you knew that you would be fighting before you pressed the “Enter queue” button. Stop being a bad player.