Please give Anet time to balance things

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Guys, you realize that this is a massive new patch that will be tweaked and tweaked again until and after the new elite specs are introduced in HoT right?

With such massive overhauls and changes, I think we can expect that certain classes will be overpowered or underpowered, certain skills will be brokenly OP or brokenly useless and the list goes on.

Give Anet time to fix and balance things.

Start complaining 1 year after HoT arrives.

Chances are, you won’t be complaining 1 year after HoT because Anet would then have the time to fix things.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

they had 1 year to balance. 1 YEAR FOR 1 BALANCE PATCH. they didnt even test this patch its so broken… 1-2 hours of gameplay and u could already find major bugs that should have been cleared out, but no 1 week still nothing. not to mention completely broken class / game mechanics…

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

You’re suggesting we should start complaining 1 year after HoT release and till then just give them time to balance? I think people do not want to wait months for balance patches anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Guys, you realize that this is a massive new patch that will be tweaked and tweaked again until and after the new elite specs are introduced in HoT right?

With such massive overhauls and changes, I think we can expect that certain classes will be overpowered or underpowered, certain skills will be brokenly OP or brokenly useless and the list goes on.

Chances are, you won’t be complaining 1 year after HoT because Anet would then have the time to fix things.

That wont happen.
People want things to be back the way they were.

Regardless of what happens to other classes.
While I think some things are too strong.
The measure of nerfs to everything people want is absurd, but A-net( I think ) will cave to the masses and we will be back to 4 classes being in the tpvp meta, and everyone else on the sidelines.
We are basically repeating everything from launch.

Everyone complains.
Classes get nerfed into uselessness
We are stuck with a meta where 4 classes are actually good in the meta(with two being godmode) for 6months to a year

So I guess it’s going to be a pick your poison on which 4.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Patchi.9061

Patchi.9061

What the OP is saying is completly fair but you need to realise this IS the balance patch we waited for…there hasn’t been a major patch in a year and now we have this. WE DID WAIT for a year, and THIS is the result. What would make us wait another year with the results currently shown?

in PvP

Posted by: scudpickle.4219

scudpickle.4219

It’s not really a balance patch. It’s more of a new content patch. And when you have new game mechanics, there will be some unforeseen problems. Give them time but not a year after HoT.

in PvP

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I’m sorry, but you don’t get time when things are this messed up. A few bugs? Sure, they happen and they will get fixed. Blatant balance issues in a balance patch though? Nope. This is why most MMO’s have test servers, so things like this don’t happen. This just shows how amateurish the ANet balance team is. The saddest thing is that they have been that way since launch. They’ve taken months to make the smallest balance changes and most of the time thos changes didn’t fix anything or even broke something that was just fine. Someone needs to step in and hire a new balance team because this is completely unacceptable.

My prediction? There will be a patch soon to address game breaking skills, but the majority of issues will remain untouched for 6+ months as HoT releases and they focus on that and new content.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I agree with OP. Anet do need time to balance.

And they gave us a huge amount of free content which did reinvigorate a stale and dying pvp meta/scene.

So anet should be given time and be given credit.

Buffing celestial after it running rampant on pvp for 18 months was a strange decision, as was buffing burning so insanely. They made mistakes. Big ones. But they deserve the chance to put things right.

So I am siding with OP and anet on this one.

Although I agree that no balance patch for 16 months before this one was kind of the darkest peroid for gw2 pvp.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

lol you want engies to 1 shot people for an entire year before Anet fixes it?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I don’t think this patch is broken. I think that because of the size of the patch there is alot more bugs then with a normal patch.

The patch notes were so long, they changed so much. They tried to catch the real game breaking bugs and moved quickly on a few they missed. The rest, well I think they are trying to determine the core root of the issues before making anymore changes that impact pvp.

They are watching how we react, whether something is working as intended or unintended. If unintended is it bad unintended or good unintended.

Some people have adapted and don’t have the same complaints they had on the first day. Builds that were cried about two days ago have changed to new things rising to complaint. Classes that everyone thought were no issue suddenly became an issue because of a change that class has gone with to counteract the behaviour of other classes.

This means the only real test is time, what problems continue to occur over a long period. Can we solve these problems in a way that doesnt directly hurt one particular group. Often times, when conditions were to high on classes, Arenanet gave everyone better condition clear. They didnt nerf the conditions. This the pattern I have identified, it is not so much what they do to your class but to other classes or overall changes they make to damage that really is their way of balancing.

Its tricky and sometimes I admire it and sometimes it drives me nuts.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

they had 1 year to balance. 1 YEAR FOR 1 BALANCE PATCH. they didnt even test this patch its so broken… 1-2 hours of gameplay and u could already find major bugs that should have been cleared out, but no 1 week still nothing. not to mention completely broken class / game mechanics…

Quoted for truth.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

1 year after?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

1st Report of the same problems: 2 years ago

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/8-000-Hits

Please give Anet time to balance things?

No!!

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Arenanet just throw an unstested patch bugged as hell, i am sure PvE boys are happy but in the same time PvP and WvW are completely broken.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Sooo I should use it for overall balance and not just necro?? Well…

3 more years to go.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I’ll be living in an old age home before they balance this mess.

6+ months is a long time to tolerate the same problems.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Quoted for truth.

We didn’t even have to play to know it was going to be broken. Just watching the ready ups was evidence enough that non of this was going to be balanced.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Time?
They had the time to fix unintended specs and all.
Hell they even fixed a minor (healing prism) because someone decided to use it alongside leeching sigils and runes, they can fix things fast enough I think
Where’s the burning fix? Where’s the PU shave? Where’s the engi nade barrage fix?
Why is it that minor things get to be fixed before MAJOR GAME BREAKING problems…
I mean kittening hell, how do you want people to play against the burning right now?
How do you want anyone to survive against ONE skill who one shot you solid.
If you want to survive at all you need to get into niche build full of cleansing and sustain and sacrificing the every bit of dps you have.
I don’t even want to play my ele, it’s just not fair to faceroll everyone by stacking burning.
It’s just not pleasant and funny…
I understand that sometimes it’s hard to fix somethings, that the code can be messed up and all. But please, Anet, you had one week… it’s time to show some MAJOR fix

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You realize that the live version of the game is not a beta test-server.

There is no reason why they don’t have a more populated (or even open) beta server so that they could nail some of these things down a bit more.

It didn’t even take good players a couple days to realize some of the more blatantly OP builds – it isn’t like people combined some obscure traits to insane effect. Everyone just put together a few of the most logical builds (using the strongest traits, which are often quite obvious) and found ones that were unreasonably strong.

Also, they really didn’t increase build diversity that much, as most professions have trait tiers where 1 choice is obviously stronger than the others, or are just required for basic functionality.

The new system is very nice, but it is still in beta honestly.

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

They have yet to fix engi nades that are obviously and blatantly broken. I have trouble sympathizing with them for that one simple fact.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’d love to give them more time to balance, but it seems like they are in quite the rush to nerf Mesmers. They definitely have the time based on some of the silly changes they’ve made to our class.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

ANet should fix Engis nades and we are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

You’d think a company running a game as large as GW2 would… oh, I don’t know…. test their kitten before releasing it? Get some of the top PvPers in the loop and have them test the kitten? If they allow them to stream the testing, I doubt the people would decline and I’m sure the amount of input they’d get from the community combined with their own experience would be invaluable for balance as I’m sure they’d quickly sniff out any imbalances.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

For example the bug that did not get addressed is that the ranger pets did not get the 150 stat bonus by default….

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

They can use this period with the increased damage all over the board and the nerf in vigor(less dodghes) to see ppl reactions-happiness in their ’’charts’’ .

In the other hand , if ppl left behind their class favoritism and focused more if they want less damage across the board or more , the proccess will get faster .

Otherwise things should stay as now , so every class can have 2sec TTK specs , like it was planned in Januarry of 2013 till now , when ppl constatly demand things to ‘’brought up , rather than nerfed’’

Let me bring the popcorn for the next 2 months :P

(Miss Gailie thanks you for your kind ’’vacation’’ :P
My body is ready for the next time :P)

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

I hope you don’t have the same mentality in other aspects of life. Bought a new tv and found out there is a better deal somewhere else? Better wait a year to return it.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Personally I love the new artworks on all the traits and skills training page

ITS SO COOL

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

I’m so angry that all of my hard earned dollars are going into my monthly subscription for this game. Man, if only I could leave the game and come back whenever I want instead of complain on the boards all of the time, without a monthly subscription.

in PvP

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I’m so angry that all of my hard earned dollars are going into my monthly subscription for this game. Man, if only I could leave the game and come back whenever I want instead of complain on the boards all of the time, without a monthly subscription.

You’re totally right, it isn’t like people have paid for gems and ArenaNet has made millions…Oh wait they make about $18 million every quarter, the same as ~400k $15/m subs. If this game had a subscription it would have died by now because the post-launch development is just dreadful. You can leave and come back as many times as you want, but if the game is worse every time you come back then it’s kind of a moot point.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Overbudget grandmaster traits and elites like Rampage/Diamond Skin may take time to balance after seeing just how things play out.

However, things like grenade barrage and the ridiculous damage without risk potential of Mesmers has to be addressed asap. These are things that make people quit playing and even leave to other games because nobody likes insta-gib specs in MMOs…especially when the opponent is doing it from stealth and then can’t be hit back.

I would at least give them this week to address the obvious stuff like grenades and Mesmers…a couple more to address burning…and maybe a few more to identify the individual traits like Rampage and Diamond Skin that COULD be overbudget in the new meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I have no choice but to give them time unfortunately

I will say that they should have spent significantly more time and resources in the testing/balance part of this update in the meantime though. As others have mentioned they had quite a while to do this. If it wasn’t ready, they shouldn’t have put it out. Not like we would notice a couple more weeks at this point.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You have got to be joking. If HoT comes out within the next 6 months, then 1 year after HoT arrives, we’ll have had at most 3 balance patches (one every six months), there’s not even a small probability the game will be close to balanced like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

we actually gave them almost 3 years…and game had never been anywhere near to proper balance

so yeah..

Ark 2nd Account