Please give us Off-Season Ranked Matchmaking?

in PvP

Posted by: tanglebuddy.5917

tanglebuddy.5917

Before PvP leagues were a thing, Unranked and Ranked were… kinda the same? Though, I noticed, Unranked was a lot more newbie-friendly. I liked that about it. There isn’t so much pressure about winning, rather, just testing things out and having fun. (And, well, having fun is basically the purpose of video games.) It was really nice, and when there were people who were looking to play more competitively, they could just go to Ranked without much problem.

I’m suggesting this because, when it’s Off-Season, and everyone can only queue up for Unranked, it makes for a very unfriendly and unforgiving environment. It turns a LOT of people off of PvP entirely. I’ve had to deal with people who outright just AFK on the entire team, and proceed to say bad things to teammates or the enemy team. I know that you can report them, but I don’t really feel like that does anything, honestly., Sometimes, next match, even if you blocked and reported them, you still get them on the same team, which is just really terrible.

It’s been very frustrating for me, and for a lot of my friends, and a lot of people that I know.

A lot of people dismiss it with just “You should get good, then”. Well, we would like to have the chance to actually be able to get good without being told to quit the game or do something else, and some other very mean things that I can’t exactly say in this post.

PvP can be a lot of fun! But with this, it just… isn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Equilibrium.1035

Equilibrium.1035

Seconding that. I love PvP, but ever since the Season ended, it’s done nothing but make me upset. Please bring back offseason ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I think they can’t because of how they put the AA to have that boring back piece going on.

So, if you need to do X wins with Y classes into Ranked for it, it would work if it’s off-season.

Yeah, another pve bad stuff removing fun for spvp players.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerGT.6805

SlayerGT.6805

As a general rule, PvP unfortunately attracts the worst kind of players in the community alongside decent players. I would also like it if at least this quasi-barrier of Ranked and Unranked was there at all times, as the former usually tend to migrate to Ranked. Players just trying to play for fun or reward points don’t need their game time ruined by others who seem unable to let go of their (over)competitiveness even in Unranked.

I also enjoy PvP itself, but this prospect of meeting awful people is what deters me most of the time from playing it. This situation doesn’t need to be worse off-season than it already is.