Please give us more Skyhammer maps.

in PvP

Posted by: MultaniGamer.7169

MultaniGamer.7169

I love skyhammer.

I get so happy every time this map pops up in soloq. The kind of skill it requires is completely different than normal maps and its like a breath of fresh air for me.

IMO we need more maps like it.

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

I agree more maps will fix all the problems in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what about a lava themed map?

instead of falling to their doom, what if they fell into hot lava instead?
they would suffer burning and cripple, but they still have some chance to crawl out of the burning hot lava if they try.

in PvP

fugazi.5139

Like burning isle on Gw1?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I love skyhammer.

I get so happy every time this map pops up in soloq. The kind of skill it requires is completely different than normal maps and its like a breath of fresh air for me.

+1, i love skyhammer too, but just because people can so mad at it =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

sorry, i was too casual back in guild wars 1, did not have a chance to see all other types of guild halls besides my own.

you mean this one right?
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Burning_Isle

for pvp maps with lava, the one i am familiar with is the crag, one of the random arena maps.

in PvP

fugazi.5139

sorry, i was too casual back in guild wars 1, did not have a chance to see all other types of guild halls besides my own.

you mean this one right?
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Burning_Isle

for pvp maps with lava, the one i am familiar with is the crag, one of the random arena maps.

Yes. That is the one.

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

just had 5 soloQ games in a row without skyhammer, today is a good day.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in PvP

fugazi.5139

just had 5 soloQ games in a row without skyhammer, today is a good day.

That’s right IceCube. Preach.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

IMO when Skyhammer starts, everyone (regardless of profession) should be given 1 ability bar with the same abilities + 1 elite. The abilities will be as below, none of them will have a cooldown except the elite:

1. - “Blast Of Skill” – knock all enemies back by 400, radius 300
  2. - “Pull Of Skill” – pull your target to you, 1500 range
  3. - “Fear My Skill” – fear all enemies within 300 radius for 3 seconds
  4. - “Skill Sniper” – knock back your target by 400, 1200 range
  5. - “Anti Skill” – Grant stability to allies for 1 second
  6. - (Elite) “Positioning Matters” – Make the ground beneath all enemies vanish for 1 second. 5 minute cooldown.

Then release 5 more maps just like Skyhammer….e.g. Lavahammer (fall into lava), Gravityhammer (fall upwards), etc.

I think this will really bring PvP back to life and fix all problems with the game.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

they would suffer burning and cripple, but they still have some chance to crawl out of the burning hot lava if they try.

I hope they add stars too to the map.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

Im rating top 20 eu and rank 69.
I support making more maps like skyhammer.
We need more game mechanics, more builds, more game modes.

The next map could punish mindless use of dodges and jumps per example.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

or mindless ai

bring map where AI mobs drop lootbags with gold from his master

cause, ya know? its pve to kill this crap so we should be rewarded for it^^

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Thats one way to make sure to keep the community “nice and small”

I know a guy who hates GW2. I showed him skyhammer and his reaction was:

“See and this is why GW2 is struggling from a pvp perspective. These guys should be hired as interns for Blizzard to fetch coffee and make minigames for wow, since they obviously have no clue about proper pvpmap and modecreation”

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

I also genuinely love Skyhammer.

The week it was first introduced I spent a LOT of rare late nights playing it over and over again with my mates (this was back when tourney queue was a single map per week).

The variety to the gameplay on that map is simply brilliant and aesthetically it’s gorgeous, in all honesty it’s my favourite MMO PvP map of all time.

I think it’s sad that these forums aren’t receptive to the additional positional strategy the map brings to PvP, in my opinion it’s GW2 at it’s absolute finest.

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Skyhammer is a good map . . . the problem IMO are glasses.

Is a elitist map where profession like engineers, Necromancers and some other professions or build with great AOE CC can easily rule against 2.

This is well known for the spvp community and this is why most of them ask to take it off at least for soloQ rotation.

. . . i agree with them.

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

yes! more skyhammer! pls!
oh god that would be amazing. I was hoping a thread like this would pop up.

What we need is more maps that allow players to use 1 skill and kill an enemy. But it shouldnt stop there. Invisibility should last longer innately and cost less initiative so thieves can properly spam it endlessly. So even if you think you’re safe near a glass floor when nobody is near you, you’re not!!! And get hit by 1 skill and die!

This would add less skill needed (if thats possible) to win at this game or do well.

We really should not stop here. We need more spam. HS on thief, chain CC effects, immobilize/daze/stun chains from mesmers and infinite clones are not enough. We need people to no directly combat their enemies even more. Thieves need to be able to hop completely out of combat when they think they might get hurt. Mesmers need to be able to spam x2 for every 1 clone they currently can vomit out so they wont take any damage from anyone and feel safe.

We need more teleports/shadowsteps are also in dire need of aboundance in this game. Pls. It’s terrible that people have to chance even a little bit of their health when they are in a fight.

I VOTE FOR STEALTH ATTACKING> LET US DO DAMAGE WHILE STEALTH. also let us do damage from the other side of the map. Kinda like personal skyhammers so we don’t feel threatened. We need all form of threat removed. This would make me feel so happy inside.

Pls. Can we reduce the telegraphs on thieves and mesmers also. I don’t want to have my enemy respond at all when I use my shadowsteps as often as i want. I don’t want to be seen or allow my enemies counter-play when I spam my dagger 2.

Also, for necros and ele’s pls make them move slower and have less defenses. They should not be able to respond to my spams or block anything. This unfair. And reduce their weakness-based skills or allow all of my skills to cleanse everything innately so I don’t have to think about it.

This would be so much fun.

Warriors need more regen also and quicker gap-closing with insta-cast CC. Warriors should not have to even bother thinking they have to replenish adrenaline either. It’s kindof an imaginary mechanic anyways its not like we have to work for that adrenaline. XD. So why pretend? Just make warrior burst skills have like .5 second recharge and not waste all the fancy mechanic mumbo jumbo that makes it sound like we have to do something to earn it. XD

in PvP

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

hahahahhah Deimos you are killing me!!!

I’ts so hilarious that i almost spited my drink xD ( you were kidding right ? O_o )

Too casual? more than now? more than now is so casual as just watching the game :P:P

( just teasing you :P )

Elementalist – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

I think skyhammer could have been a home run if instead of falling to your doom and teleporting to the hammer you fell onto a second floor that had the controls to the hammer. Make use of the falling damage traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Eri.8560

Eri.8560

I say they should make a map where the ground is nothing but breakable glass panels. Staying too long on one spot causes you to fall to your death… perhaps into lava??

This map could function as the first straight slayer-styled Deathmatch for the game; or it could be made with the CtP play style in mind. Mid point would serve as the only piece of steady land on the map. However, the secondary objective would be a mechanism that operates a gigantic fan behind the midpoint that blows undodgeable wind at all enemy players on midpoint shooting them off the point back onto the glass.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i want a map where you all meet in the middle and attack everyone. then jump to your death, and you can do this over and over again to gain lots of glory and rank points. please Anet make a map like that, you can even sell it for gems and i will buy it for sure.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

They should make a map with a pit full of evil bunnies that gnaw on you when you fall in it. I suppose they could make a way to get out to make it fair. =p

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Yes i also think that necromancers should be able to turn dead players into minion so that they can turn your dead team mates against you.
Also 60s cd on signet of spite is clearly too much, it should be an unblockable ground target aoe with 10s cd.

And since warriors are master of all weapons they should be able to quadra wield greatswords so they can hundred blades while they sword rush, while they whirling attack while they bladetrail and their defiant stance should last at least 10 seconds to make up for the fact that it isn’t an istant cast.

And backstab is not good because you have to use it from stealth, i say we replace thieves autoattack chain with backstabs and the base damage of backstab should be raised to 5k because if you get a dagger to the spine you are supposed to die.

Next are rangers, their spirits are nice and dandy but they just don’t cut it, i say we replace each of them with a champion oak heart.
And the autoattack of shortbow is too slow, i say we replace ranger shortbows with mp5 sub-machine guns so they can keep up a more acceptable fire rate.

Engineers, their turrets should be made of a sentient densomorphic alien alloy able to self-repair and self-replicate, they should also fire armor-ignoring, undodgeable, high velocity rounds. Granades are also lacklaster, engineers should be equipped with a state of the art granade launcher able to shot out 10 granades per second.

Mesmers need some work, clones should be exact copies of the actual player, with the same stat and everything, and they should replicate everything you do. If you cast a clone and you have a clone, your clone should also cast a clone, and you should be able to keep doing this indefinitely without the silly 3 clones cap. Exponential clone generation is the way to go.

I think guardians are not tanky enough, they should be able to completely refill their health bar each time they roll and their autoattack chain should be replaced with banish because otherwise it is too hard to knock someone out of the capture point.

Eles should get a new downed mode skill called “even the field” that turns them into a legendary risen priest of balthazar. They stay in balthazar mode until they die and then they turn back to elementalist and can respawn normally (if you die in balthazar mode you go straight to the waypoint, no extra downed mode)

(edited by Lachanche.6859)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I love skyhammer.

OH yes. Maybe there should be a map that everyone just is on skyhammers and shoot at each other.

Yes, sarcasm. I think it is fine for sPvP, but it isn’t a balanced map for any tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: Jynks.1765

Jynks.1765

I quite the server and join a new one as soon as skyhammer comes on. What sadistic freak invented that map.. I thought it was a fool joks at first.

A cannon that can one shot many classes, all if they are in mid battle and taken some dmg.. you constantly fall though the floor into the ground in mid fight just when it is getting interesting.

This map is terrible in all ways…

This game and ALL pvp games need a ignore map option like Starcraft where you can nominate a map or 2 maps to just never join… Add that feature and suddenly you KNOW what your player base likes to play on.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

How about we have a map where we have moving shockwaves that instant kill players which can only be jumped over.

How about one where standing still makes you get hit with immobilize.

What if the points themselves were lava to discourage bunker play?

What about Pikmin style NPCs that we pluck off point and throw at enemies for damage?

What is we had to sail a boat between points and each team had an anti boat trebuchet.

How about powerups that replace your skillbar with stuff like swarmers, laser, guided missiles, gun buddies, plasma, grenades, bouncing betties, nukes and “the edge.”

Or how about we don’t and we keep this game from instant death.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

I love skyhammer.

I can’t tell whether this is rage or sarcasm…

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

Yes i also think that necromancers should be able to turn dead players into minion so that they can turn your dead team mates against you.
Also 60s cd on signet of spite is clearly too much, it should be an unblockable ground target aoe with 10s cd.

And since warriors are master of all weapons they should be able to quadra wield greatswords so they can hundred blades while they sword rush, while they whirling attack while they bladetrail and their defiant stance should last at least 10 seconds to make up for the fact that it isn’t an istant cast.

And backstab is not good because you have to use it from stealth, i say we replace thieves autoattack chain with backstabs and the base damage of backstab should be raised to 5k because if you get a dagger to the spine you are supposed to die.

Next are rangers, their spirits are nice and dandy but they just don’t cut it, i say we replace each of them with a champion oak heart.
And the autoattack of shortbow is too slow, i say we replace ranger shortbows with mp5 sub-machine guns so they can keep up a more acceptable fire rate.

Engineers, their turrets should be made of a sentient densomorphic alien alloy able to self-repair and self-replicate, they should also fire armor-ignoring, undodgeable, high velocity rounds. Granades are also lacklaster, engineers should be equipped with a state of the art granade launcher able to shot out 10 granades per second.

Mesmers need some work, clones should be exact copies of the actual player, with the same stat and everything, and they should replicate everything you do. If you cast a clone and you have a clone, your clone should also cast a clone, and you should be able to keep doing this indefinitely without the silly 3 clones cap. Exponential clone generation is the way to go.

I think guardians are not tanky enough, they should be able to completely refill their health bar each time they roll and their autoattack chain should be replaced with banish because otherwise it is too hard to knock someone out of the capture point.

Eles should get a new downed mode skill called “even the field” that turns them into a legendary risen priest of balthazar. They stay in balthazar mode until they die and then they turn back to elementalist and can respawn normally (if you die in balthazar mode you go straight to the waypoint, no extra downed mode)

oh man, epic, lol’d

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

When i saw this post i just went in cuz “It must be a troll post and i love trolling” but then i saw ppl actually being serious about skyhammer….god this pvp went totally dumbmode already…

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Haha…this is gold. It deserves a thread of its own, tbh.

+1 quality.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I feel bad for my team every time I’m solo queue and this map pops up, because I will AFK for the entirety of the match. The other day I got this map and wanted to do some PvP so I just sucked it up and went with it. Ranger camping hammer with rampage as one, pet fear, and long bow. Bad times were had.

CD

in PvP

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I do miss Tor Anroc lava golf.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Oh yea, almost forgot about that goodie..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeh_5FHc5kU
trolololol
I guess it is one of the few things that could hold a candle to skyhammer.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)