Please help <3 Diamond T4 4 pips

in PvP

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I’ve always played oldskool medi guard in PvP, after that I’ve learned Revenant Power Shiro, than Necro and even tried some games as DH today.

With the season about to end, what would be your advice to get those last 16 pips fast?
(stuck on it for about a week now).

I’ve got plenty of guildies, friends and pugs to try to get a team together if that would be recommended…

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Honestly, play what you’re best at… Power revenant will help out any team, and DH can too if it’s played well, but if you mess up on a DH it can be devastating. I say go hard on your revenant

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Honestly, play what you’re best at… Power revenant will help out any team, and DH can too if it’s played well, but if you mess up on a DH it can be devastating. I say go hard on your revenant

yeah my rev seems to work good in many situations, though what about team composition?

SoloQ – Duo, Trio – 4? Full team?

what classes best to get amongst me considering my playable classes?

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in PvP

mrauls.6519

yeah my rev seems to work good in many situations, though what about team composition?

I solo queued from amber to legendary pretty fast on my Guardian. I recently did a bit of duo queueing with a friend of mine (both of us played Guardian) and we won all of the games we played together. It all boils down to playing with another person or group of people that can play their profession well.

I say focus on revenant since they’re in such a good position right now. You can do well on them pretty fast if you take a day to practice in duel arenas and custom matches.

I uploaded a video here of me playing on my Guardian. Check it out. It might help you.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

(edited by mrauls.6519)

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

I solo queued from amber to legendary pretty fast on my Guardian. I recently did a bit of duo queueing with a friend of mine (both of us played Guardian) and we won all of the games we played together. It all boils down to playing with another person or group of people that can play their profession well.

I say focus on revenant since they’re in such a good position right now. You can do well on them pretty fast if you take a day to practice in duel arenas and custom matches.

I uploaded a video here of me playing on my Guardian. Check it out. It might help you.

i’ve just one question… is that game from legendary rank? Cuz it seems like a steamroll, opponents aren’t even dodging once not even trow any random CC, i can tell you i never had such a onesided match even when i was in amber.
Oh wait i have another one… why on the hell a legendary player would keep the minimap so small? is that the so called legendary map awareness? They don’t even need to watch the minimap???

in PvP

mrauls.6519

i’ve just one question… is that game from legendary rank? Cuz it seems like a steamroll, opponents aren’t even dodging once not even trow any random CC, i can tell you i never had such a onesided match even when i was in amber.
Oh wait i have another one… why on the hell a legendary player would keep the minimap so small? is that the so called legendary map awareness? They don’t even need to watch the minimap???

It was an unranked match (I put that in the description). It is my first GW2 video. I have no idea how unranked does its matchmaking. I plan on recording some ranked matches today, and I plan on uploading another video relatively soon. I’ve had tons of one sided matches in rank, they just don’t happen as often. I can read the minimap at that size well.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Play the Rev, learn it, carry ur team, make the right plays. If you are in MMR hell, you should probably queue with 2 or 3 other people tbh, if you arent solo queue away. I solo queued for amber, emerald, ruby and diamond.

in PvP

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I woke up this morning 11 pips to ruby. I’m currently sitting at 15. At thuis rate I’ll be right at the start of Ruby again, rendering the 10 hours of straight pvp-ing yesterday pointless.
It really doesn’t matter so much what you play, as long as you know te class well enough. It’s more a matter of how horrible the teammates the match making algorithm is putting you with.
I’ve heard of some people with 20 match winning streaks, others with 1 or 2 per division. It’s up to RNGesus so rather just accept it. You can’t change your build, learn your class, meta-battle to the max, but you can’t play for your teammates.
If you’re interested in winning best bet is to get your own team. Decent player > than horrible players with good class comp.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

I woke up this morning 11 pips to ruby. I’m currently sitting at 15. At thuis rate I’ll be right at the start of Ruby again, rendering the 10 hours of straight pvp-ing yesterday pointless.
It really doesn’t matter so much what you play, as long as you know te class well enough. It’s more a matter of how horrible the teammates the match making algorithm is putting you with.
I’ve heard of some people with 20 match winning streaks, others with 1 or 2 per division. It’s up to RNGesus so rather just accept it. You can’t change your build, learn your class, meta-battle to the max, but you can’t play for your teammates.
If you’re interested in winning best bet is to get your own team. Decent player > than horrible players with good class comp.

Not entirely true, Rev, Mes, Necro can all carry a game. Mes especially, portal is game changing. I had 7 losses this season going from amber to legend, 2 were DC. I solo queued for all of it except sapphire div where I queued with a non HOT power mantra shatter mes. You need to be aware and making the right decisions on starting positions, rotations, and safe stomp/res-ing. Communicating with direction and not getting #triggered when you are behind are ESSENTIAL. Some games simply cannot be won, but you should be making the right decisions even in a losing game.