Please help - new player!

in PvP

Posted by: bloodthirsty.5682

bloodthirsty.5682

So i recently picked up GW2 again with my friend, and we are very intrested in playing PvP. When we join a game however we get one shot and we cant kill anyone. Outside PvP we are only lvl 15, does this affect our PvP? Our gear we have noticed is alot worse than other peoples and we think this is why we cant win anything, if it is, do we need to level to 80 to finally enjoy PvP or is there a place to get cool and good armor.
Thank You!

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

So i recently picked up GW2 again with my friend, and we are very intrested in playing PvP. When we join a game however we get one shot and we cant kill anyone. Outside PvP we are only lvl 15, does this affect our PvP? Our gear we have noticed is alot worse than other peoples and we think this is why we cant win anything, if it is, do we need to level to 80 to finally enjoy PvP or is there a place to get cool and good armor.
Thank You!

If you are playing in structured PvP (through heart of the mists), you become level 80 with standardized gear so you are on equal footing with everyone. You have to click the PvP build button at the top-middle of your screen to fiddle with your sPvP stats. Your gear may look different, but it will have equal stats.

Just to be clear, you can be level 2 and as soon as you go into sPvP, you become as powerful as everyone else. Gear and level have no impact on sPvP.

If you are going into World vs World (the huge maps where you have to run for a long time to get anywhere), you get upleveled to 80, but your gear will be inferior to a true level 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Just play bunker mesmer. You will win every game by just pressing every button you have.

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hi there!

Once you get to the Mist (which is a lobby for PvP players) you can make a build by clicking on the button on the top of the screen. There is also a vendor who sells cheap weapons if you don’t have one yet.

Do not forget! The pve or wvw gear has NO EFFECT on your stats! Only the ammulet and the rune.

Now you can do some practice… There are training golems on the west side of the island representing different armour-types: light, heavy and medium.

You can also find some practice NPC-s on north to learn some of the enemy’s tricks.

After you messed around a bit practicing combos and openers you can head to the metabattle.com and check the pvp builds.

But beware! These builds are for experienced PvP players. Feel free to swap an offensive ammy to a more tanky one until you get used to the game. Sure Marauder/Berserker does more damage but you cannot learn if dead.

Replace them with Barbarian/Soldier and practice!

About builds:

Please make sure you always have one of these:

-stunbreak ability
-condition cleanse ability
-one “Oh kitten!” button

And please understand this:

The learning curve in GW2 spvp can be quiet steep! Don’t give up, bring friends, keep going! It can take up to 100 matches to understand the map, the enemy team, the tactic, everything….

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

New players are matched with and against veteran players, most of time you wont do any good in 1v1 not knowing game well.
Tho in decemember new leaguage system is incoming, which will match winning players against winning players and will be divided in multiply tiers. Hopely that will solve veteran&new players problems.

I would recomend to 2v1 people. One of you should run celestial (bunkerish) and other high mobility marauder (dps) build.
Also try using effective conquest builds, you can find them at metabattle.com. After some time you will able make your own builds and learn how to counter enemy, but at start its better to use meta builds.

Game has another game mode called wvwvw, which has more traditional mmo feel to it. For it you need everything you would need in other rpg, gear level and good guild. Its basicly open world battlegrounds full of unbalanced scale fights…

(edited by REGGADO.1237)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

qqmore.net has invaluable tips for pvp.

it’s a steep learning curve at first, but keep at it.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Gecko.1962

Gecko.1962

Hey! Welcome (back) to Guildwars 2!

It’s totally natural to be killed and feel like you suck at first. The game has a very very steep learning curve, and it can be really tough at times.

When you get into the Heart of the Mists (where you queue from), you’re automatically boosted to level 80, and your gear/weapons are put on equal footing as everyone else.

The only thing you need to worry about, would be your Trinket, Amulet, Trait, and Sigil choice. If you’re confused on what to run, I suggest checking out Metabattle, and using the build best suited to your class.

Espeically when you’re just starting out in the PvP side of the game, I highly recommend jumping on with a meta build, and giving it a go.

If you have questions feel free to add me and ask me in-game. I’m very fluent in the Elementalist and Necromancer ways, and I’ll gladly queue with you guys or give 1 vs 1 practice!

Everyone’s Favorite Furry! – Serrow
Elementalist/Ranger/Necro/Thief
“They can’t condi me if they’re dead.”