Please look into my matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Dogwog.6801

Dogwog.6801

This whole week I’ve been unable to win matches in unranked. From what I’ve been observing I think the lowest MMR players are being placed in my team. Is something wrong with my MMR?

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

they refuse to list ppl’s mmr for some reason. I’m guessing the guy who’s job is to do match making is afraid of losing his job if everyone knew what their mmr is and have real data to prove how bad match making really is in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

When solo queuing, matchmaking could randomly put you into a “streak”. Just think that someone solo queuing right now is enjoying a long streak of wins while you were placed in the losing side of things. Streaks aren’t permanent of course and you’ll be back to normal matches soon.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

I lost 7 out of 7 matches today. I don’t know why. It’s not even that I’m bad, I switch character so we don’t have double thief and 90% of the fights where I am, we win. Sadly I can’t be everywhere.

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Mr.Matchmaking only shows up if he has some condescending way to defend a broken match making system.

GL getting him to post here.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

It’s not the algorithm…it’s the fact that the game is dead and nobody is playing…no algorithm can match things that aren’t available.

I tried RANKED today and was immediately put in a group with ALL solo players against a full premade that included Abjured.

Think about that one second…How is that even possible?

Not even Hotjoin could put you in a worse possible matchup.

No algorithm could be that bad unless there just aren’t players available to do a fair match.

Of course, it was a waste of time to even play the game. It was a miserable waste of time queing and playing.

There are repercussions for bad decisions (i.e. mixing premades with solo), ignoring PvP, and poor internal testing to identify things like d/d eles.

It snowballs, and we are seeing it now where very few people enjoy waiting for a match and then getting something so absurd for “matchmaking”.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

It’s not the algorithm…it’s the fact that the game is dead and nobody is playing…no algorithm can match things that aren’t available.

I tried RANKED today and was immediately put in a group with ALL solo players against a full premade that included Abjured.

No algorithm could be that bad unless there just aren’t players available to do a fair match.

Of course, it was a waste of time to even play the game. It was a miserable waste of time queing and playing.

There are repercussions for bad decisions (i.e. mixing premades with solo), ignoring PvP, and poor internal testing to identify things like d/d eles.

It snowballs, and we are seeing it now where very few people enjoy waiting for a match and then getting something so absurd for “matchmaking”.

That should never happen unless there are ONLY 10 players queing ranked. Pvp may well be dead but it still have more than 10 players playing I bet. What I suspect is happening is that solo que players are used to give the few premades fast que times. MMR is not even used in match making in 1/2 or more of the matches just so that they can give the premades less than 5 min que times. If they had shown everyone’s mmr this would be come clear and everyone who isn’t in the 10 wts teams would cry murder and quit. That’s why they don’t show mmr .

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

That should never happen unless there are ONLY 10 players queing ranked. Pvp may well be dead but it still have more than 10 players playing I bet. What I suspect is happening is that solo que players are used to give the few premades fast que times. MMR is not even used in match making in 1/2 or more of the matches just so that they can give the premades less than 5 min que times. If they had shown everyone’s mmr this would be come clear and everyone who isn’t in the 10 wts teams would cry murder and quit. That’s why they don’t show mmr .

I agree it SHOULDN’T happen, but it did (I have screenshots).

If it was due to the algorithm and not too few players, then that is even worse. The game wasn’t even competitive, so it’s not like they matched up a ton of high mmr solo players to face a full premade.

The bottom line is that THEIR algorithm matched a team with all players in a group AND included Abjured players against a team of ALL solo players.

Any way you slice it…it’s a joke and further proof of the bad decision it was to mix solo and team que.

Whoever internally convinced Anet into thinking an algorithm could compensate for team/solo imbalances should get either fired or a Nobel prize for a successful Jedi Mind Trick.

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

There isn’t enough players to have a proper match making system. Somehow I keep getting this one rally bot on a lot of my games. I have no idea how he isn’t in the lowest of low mmr. Then it makes me question my own existence…

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Have been trying to play with my alt account, which is low rank still 10-ish and can say that have been fighting players of rank bear, shark and dragon.

I don’t have much problem since am an experienced player, however at that rank, there are still lots of new players that are starting to get the hopes of PvP and fighting those other players of high rank is making the matches one sided.

On the other hand, please bring back Solo Q. I am tired of, on my main account, queue alone and get a team of complete randoms against a full guild team or premades with 3 or more.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle