Please make match making better

in PvP

Posted by: Trini.3576

Trini.3576

Please beeak up barely top 250 vs top 3 on leaderboard.

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

At any given time there’s probably 10 or less players in the top 250 playing. gl not playing vs any top player who is qing

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

bad matchmaking + low population + end of season = yeah it sucks atm

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

In past seasons, many players, (including ESL,) strongly backed deliberately stacked, one sided, “competitive” matchmaking. I was repeatedly told that I was a bad player and a whiner for complaining about it.

Now, many of the same players are complaining about being matched outside there skill level in stacked “competitive” matches.

ANET will have to make a major effort to rebuild population. It needs to start with even matches. Class stacking and other forms of exploit and farming will have to be curtailed and the rewards will need a significant boost.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You are still a bad player tho nothing has changed.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

At any given time there’s probably 10 or less players in the top 250 playing. gl not playing vs any top player who is qing

True but there should never be,

Plat+Plat+Gold3+Gold3+Gold2
vs
Gold3+Gold3+Gold1+Gold1

Matchmaking doesn’t know to give the first team the Gold level 1’s for the Gold T3 and Gold T2 on the first team.

It’s true that you never truly know how well a duo (or any player) can “carry” on a team but matchmaking can still be a little smarter when placing the already-picked-players on each team.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

In past seasons, many players, (including ESL,) strongly backed deliberately stacked, one sided, “competitive” matchmaking. I was repeatedly told that I was a bad player and a whiner for complaining about it.

Now, many of the same players are complaining about being matched outside there skill level in stacked “competitive” matches.

ANET will have to make a major effort to rebuild population. It needs to start with even matches. Class stacking and other forms of exploit and farming will have to be curtailed and the rewards will need a significant boost.

For glicko to work right, teams should be made of people with similar rating. The problem is there is a huge variation of rating on teams now. Twice I’ve been on a team with top five players and I was low gold high silver at the time. That is 500 to 600 rating points different. It worked out well for me. I got around 20 pts out of it. However, my low rating drug the team average way down. So if someone on the other team was a top 50, their rating would have been hammered. If I were replaced with another top 50 player, they wouldn’t have lost nearly the same amount of points.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I repeat all the time that the solution for this problem is totally rebuild the queue system for ranked.
That can be done easy and fast but you have to cancel the solo/duo queue (that everyone asked and everyone hate).

Improve the LFG system and make only groups to join ranked, and that they have to be formed of different classes (removing the class stacking problem), making players unable to change character while in match, removing the re-join that grnat players to change they’re classes.

That will make the higher rank the rank of the team, increase the chance to find good players and form good teams, improve the teamplay (just because the game is team based both in point system and in class fixes and roles) and reduce the chance to find high level against low level, making different queue for every rank level (legendary/platinum, gold, silver, etc).

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

That’s not a bad point Silv. Personally, I feel you should queue up for Ranked sPvP the same way you queue up for fractals. Either you already have a group ready and you queue up together, or you use the lfg to find a group of others to queue with. If the group likes eachother they just continue doing matches together. It gives pvp guilds a purpose and encourages players to work together as a team. It also cuts down on trolls and toxicity since people won’t take them on their teams.

The only people this hurts are the undesirables. Those guys that always troll, act toxic, won’t work with a team, or just can’t play well enough to be wanted. And really, it’s crazy to say we should avoid this system just so anet can force those undesirable people on our teams against our will.

If people just want a quick match and can’t be bothered to use the lfg, they can solo queue in unranked.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

The only people this hurts are the undesirables. Those guys that always troll, act toxic, won’t work with a team, or just can’t play well enough to be wanted. And really, it’s crazy to say we should avoid this system just so anet can force those undesirable people on our teams against our will.

That totally reminds me of how PvP used to be before HoT got introduced. The toxicity right now compared to back then, has had a huuuuge increase. By the simple reason no one wants to play together with them.

Which made a way better and healthy PvP environment. The current system encouraged “me, me, me” and “I, I, I” way too much. And no matter being toxic, friendly, winning or losing, you’ll get the rewards anyhow, at the end of the day.

I repeat myself, as I have done many times before.. Why.. the hell.. would you make a team oriented game mode solo/duoqueue? It ruined the mentality and the whole PvP scene. And don’t tell me something like “uh, because there was no competition back then”, because, really, is there now?

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Team arenas in guild wars 1 is a great example of how popular sPvP would become if you were forced to 5man queue. The only reason it had people in it was because if you won 10 in a row in randoms you would get put there. 80% of the population didn’t want it in the poll. If that is implemented the top 250 in NA will be silver/bronze.

Most people want to play, not waste a bunch of time getting a team together.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Team arenas in guild wars 1 is a great example of how popular sPvP would become if you were forced to 5man queue. The only reason it had people in it was because if you won 10 in a row in randoms you would get put there. 80% of the population didn’t want it in the poll. If that is implemented the top 250 in NA will be silver/bronze.

You wouldn’t have to form some permanent team, just use the lfg to to find others to queue with. This method already works with all PvE content. It’s just players choosing their teammates vs anet choosing their teammates. This only has a negative effect on those undesirable players that are part of the problem with PvP in the first place.

Also, the very people that voted for solo queue are the same people complaining that their teammates always suck and are dragging them down. Not to mention interest in PvP seems to have reached an all time low. So let’s stop pretending this current system is working.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

That totally reminds me of how PvP used to be before HoT got introduced. The toxicity right now compared to back then, has had a huuuuge increase. By the simple reason no one wants to play together with them.

Which made a way better and healthy PvP environment. The current system encouraged “me, me, me” and “I, I, I” way too much. And no matter being toxic, friendly, winning or losing, you’ll get the rewards anyhow, at the end of the day.

I repeat myself, as I have done many times before.. Why.. the hell.. would you make a team oriented game mode solo/duoqueue? It ruined the mentality and the whole PvP scene. And don’t tell me something like “uh, because there was no competition back then”, because, really, is there now?

You couldnt be more wrong.

It has nothing to do with solo and duo queue.

It has everything to do with lacking popularity of pvp in and GW2 as a whole. This results in poor matchmaking and conflicts of interests. People who grind for achs, do dailies, are there for the first time and people who try to be competetive are all in the same games.

THIS creates tension.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

thats super inaccurate…. if you played gw1 then you’d know the reason Random arena was way more popular is because the skill curve for team play was much higher… so people would stick to RA for a easier go.. it has nothing to do with the fact people didnt want to play together thus RA syncing was born…

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

thats super inaccurate…. if you played gw1 then you’d know the reason Random arena was way more popular is because the skill curve for team play was much higher… so people would stick to RA for a easier go.. it has nothing to do with the fact people didnt want to play together thus RA syncing was born…

The reason people want mixed queue now is the same as syncing. They want an easy way to win. They want to be able to queue as a team vs disorganized pugs. I guarantee you if ranked was team queue only, the population would die. As for skill cap, it takes a lot more skill to win as a random team than as a premade. I had plenty of 20+ streaks starting in randoms. it is way more convenient to have teams auto generated then waste hours putting together teams. I can at least get some practice time in on a bad auto generated team vs. Spamming the lobby for a team.

Without a good game mode for solo queueing and rating players, you won’t be able to support a forced team queue mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

It has everything to do with lacking popularity of pvp in and GW2 as a whole. This results in poor matchmaking and conflicts of interests. People who grind for achs, do dailies, are there for the first time and people who try to be competetive are all in the same games.

THIS creates tension.

I’ll give you an example of how ‘wrong’ I am.
I’m starting a match, I say stuff like ‘Hey guys, have fun, be kind to each other’, while a guardian on our team replies with ‘I hate GW2 PvP’. He runs to our home node and stays there for the rest of the match. (Besides that one time the home node got actually pushed and he stood idle and died)

He intentionally screwed up the game. The fact that I’m not being able to do anything about it, as I’m not able to queue up with my friends, and a report has the same effect as a drop in the ocean,

THAT creates tension.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

The reason people want mixed queue now is the same as syncing. They want an easy way to win. They want to be able to queue as a team vs disorganized pugs. I guarantee you if ranked was team queue only, the population would die. As for skill cap, it takes a lot more skill to win as a random team than as a premade. I had plenty of 20+ streaks starting in randoms. it is way more convenient to have teams auto generated then waste hours putting together teams. I can at least get some practice time in on a bad auto generated team vs. Spamming the lobby for a team.

Without a good game mode for solo queueing and rating players, you won’t be able to support a forced team queue mode.

Except people don’t want mix queue, they want a pure team queue, so that old weak argument is pretty much invalid. As for team queue killing the population, that has already happened in case you haven’t noticed. As for more skill being required in solo queue than team queue, that is debatable. I suppose you could argue that despite facing more organized opponents, fighting with your own organized team is easier than fighting with random disorganized pugs, but that isn’t a point in favor of solo queue. Hell if you want to handicap yourself like that you could still do that in a team queue. Just make a lfg requesting teammates to afk on your team for you. Also not sure why you feel you’d need to waste hours finding a team. Just create a lfg, team up, and then queue as much as you want with your newfound group.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

THIS creates tension.

This is one of those usual “no it HAS to be only one reason” kinds of arguments. Yeah it does have to do with solo/duo, which punishes people that actually have social skills and are team-oriented, and it also has to do with low population. I’d prefer toxic people with no social skills to leave and have a smaller population of people who want to play on teams and improve.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Allow team queue and make a enable/disable option, like conquest and stronghold for unranked, so we can join with our team to face another team or some pugs that have team queue option marked.
If your party member don’t have team queue marked you can’t join ranked match.

You want to join as duo queue? Your team could be duo+trio, 2duo+solo or duo+3solo
You want solo only? Enjoy your high afk risk pug.

in PvP

Faux Play.6104

Except people don’t want mix queue, they want a pure team queue, so that old weak argument is pretty much invalid. As for team queue killing the population, that has already happened in case you haven’t noticed. As for more skill being required in solo queue than team queue, that is debatable. I suppose you could argue that despite facing more organized opponents, fighting with your own organized team is easier than fighting with random disorganized pugs, but that isn’t a point in favor of solo queue. Hell if you want to handicap yourself like that you could still do that in a team queue. Just make a lfg requesting teammates to afk on your team for you. Also not sure why you feel you’d need to waste hours finding a team. Just create a lfg, team up, and then queue as much as you want with your newfound group.

You won’t find 5 players to team with in a reasonable amount of time. If you want teams, then put back automated tournaments, but leave ranked as is.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

You won’t find 5 players to team with in a reasonable amount of time. If you want teams, then put back automated tournaments, but leave ranked as is.

Based on what? If the only option was to queue as a team, and a functional lfg system is in place as it is for fractals, then it won’t be as hard as you think to form a quick team. We’ve never had such a system in place. All this talk about how bad it would be is pure speculation, unlike how bad the population has become under the reign of solo queue.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I prefer waiting 20 minutes or longer for a match over having to carry silver or “not yet ranked people” in gold 2 in 2/3 of my matches.
“Yeah, I won all my 1v2 and 1v3 and still -14”.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I prefer waiting 20 minutes or longer for a match over having to carry silver or “not yet ranked people” in gold 2 in 2/3 of my matches.
“Yeah, I won all my 1v2 and 1v3 and still -14”.

lol this^^

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

Its more like people don’t want duo queue. I personally don’t have any desire to play team queue if they don’t add the next step. If they are going to add team (Only) queue but just leave it at that it will bleed what ever population is left in this games PVP playerbase. If you require 4 other people to play who can play at your level at any given time queues will be unreal. So if they do add forced 5 man stacking they need to add something like automated tournaments, regularly scheduled tournaments or something of real value. Simply adding forced 5 man is just extending queue times.

If they wont go all the way they need to strip duo queue and go to solo queue only or just say F it and go back to mixed.

in PvP

Posted by: Muy.3170

Muy.3170

Let us just delete matchmaking. Force a 5 man team que required for ranked no solo join. We could so easily remove class stacking if you could only have 1 profession each on a team.

Remove MMR and let players earn titles for accomplishments over the course of the season, showing Kills, Capture Points, Point Defence Duration, and Decaptured Points. Open up the small community into a massive pool that is only compared by the highlights of the players in the pool for the season.

Match Making, In my opinion, is stupid; because players know they’re going into a pro PVP game mode and they should know what to expect. They need to learn from tough times if they’re ever to achieve learn and grow.

Although anet needs to add a record a match option if they really want pro PVPing so people can watch games where they lose and see where they could have changed tactics to fix the loss.