Please put courtyard in a seperate queue

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I know this is probably impractical due to declining playerbase, but courtyard is painful to play in. Conquest builds don’t always work very well in courtyard, namely because the whole team ends up fighting one another 5 on 5 the whole time, and smaller fights across the maps never happen. Honestly from what I’ve seen playing mesmer in courtyard is that GWEN setup not unlike WvW tends to dominate, so if your team is stacked with multiple thieves, mesmers, or rangers, you’re going to lose unless your openents are terrible. Sure we can change our class and build in the one minute or so that we have, but thats just plain impractical.

The other solution would be to make the voting system for the stage more democratic. If people actually wanted to play courtyard, it would be the majority. Instead we have ladyluck kitten ing us time and again just becuase 1 person votes for it.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

It is in another queue. Go to ranked and you never have to do courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

The thing is that players that want to do Courtyard suffers from it being random in Unranked too.

A few days ago I solo qued and one player in my team left before courtyard even started, we where four against five so we charged the other team and died over and over to get the match over with as quick as possible.

Before that we whent up against a premade team who all chose courtyard, we got totaly slaughtered so we ended it all with just running out dying to get it over as Quick as possible.

And even before that I ended up in a team where we nuked the enemy players. One of them left and 3 of them afk and tha fourth jumped down and gave us scoore.

It is not fun to be slaughtered as pigs in a bad slaughterhouse and it is fun to win by forfeit iether. If you want to play courtyard you want to have a cool fight that everyone is prepare for.

It is like putting a cat in a dog pen. I just so much hope this gets “fixed” before Stronghold goes live.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

While i agree with this, this ain’t the first time it’s mentioned.

Most likely will never happen.

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Frankly, I don’t mind Courtyard being in the unranked rotation, but for that map, it would be nice to have build templates (wink wink Anet).

In the mean time, you better have a character on the side dedicated to Courtyard. I always keep a Soldier amulet hammer warrior ready for those Courtyard games.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Ranked is problematic because it has longer queue times and more toxic attitudes, something which not everyone wants to deal with. Courtyard doesn’t nicely fit in with the other unranked maps since its not at all conquest. Skyhammer and Spirit Watch are controversial too because they still have different components that favor different builds, but I still don’t feel completely useless for playing a conquest build there, unlike courtyard.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..