Please rethink your diamond skin change

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I agree with the OP: diamond skin is the poster boy for one of the major problems with the PvP in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Um……

15000-16000 average health with water traitline.

10% is 1500-1600 damage. Your minions will do that much in less than 2 secs.

It’s a useless trait. No ele will take it. An ele still needs 20 in water and 20 in arcana at the very least, not leaving enough for diamond skin.

It’s useless where it’s not OP.
Anything but a 1v1 against a condi reliant enemy leaves it forgotten…

But in many of those 1v1, to no end, it’s skill-lessly OP.

All bad.

I agree with the OP: diamond skin is the poster boy for one of the major problems with the PvP in this game.

The devs?
Not to sound heartless, I really want to see this game succeed, just the devs… they have no kittening idea what good gameplay is…

It’s like the more they try to get it, the further they end up from it…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I already gave my opinion on diamond skin in the Patch preview thread. It’s a passive I win trait that should be changed to something that focuses on pushing players to be better.

My idea was this; Successful Blast finishers whilst in Earth attunement grant you and nearby allies Diamond skin for 3 seconds. And I also suggested something similar for the auto-cleansing fire trait that was previewed as well because I feel we could do with less of these things rather than more.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

I predict a lot of new bunker eles coming up ! Hehe

I dont care about new trait for now, lets just see how it’s gonna be… Eles really need some love

That’s not a good idea if it goes threw once they add it they probably wont take it out even if its bad (this happens 99% of the time in games). They will nerf other things to balance it instead.

They are already moving cleansing wave and aquamancer to master tier at the same time they are adding this trait. why? because it might be op with diamond skin ?

Also imagine diamond skin vs something like a condi warrior the relies on immobilize to start stacking up conditions…. avoid / heal threw arcing arrow and they wont be able to do much as you kite them around . necros might have the same issues.

also there are times where you might want to use fear or snare for cc to prevent a decap, res or stomp whatever…… jk immune. op?

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Well, if both teams are skillful, that wouldn’t be the case.

Hard counters remove skill from the fight. That is the point on why they are bad.

(edited by Chicago Jack.5647)

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

How hard is it to remove like 2k from an ele really? The trait will be fine, it’s not as good as AR IMO and that’s not currently destroying the game.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

How hard is it to remove like 2k from an ele really? The trait will be fine, it’s not as good as AR IMO and that’s not currently destroying the game.

This is the view of anet devs. And it is a terrible view of someone who doesnt understand the game. This is why the game is a shambles with lame, no-skill cheese like this everywhere

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I predict a lot of new bunker eles coming up ! Hehe

I dont care about new trait for now, lets just see how it’s gonna be… Eles really need some love

That’s not a good idea if it goes threw once they add it they probably wont take it out even if its bad (this happens 99% of the time in games). They will nerf other things to balance it instead.

They are already moving cleansing wave and aquamancer to master tier at the same time they are adding this trait. why? because it might be op with diamond skin ?

Also imagine diamond skin vs something like a condi warrior the relies on immobilize to start stacking up conditions…. avoid / heal threw arcing arrow and they wont be able to do much as you kite them around . necros might have the same issues.

also there are times where you might want to use fear or snare for cc to prevent a decap, res or stomp whatever…… jk immune. op?

100% agree and that is what is worrying (the bit where u said even if it sucks they wont remove it). Cos they wont go back on themselves. The devs at anet are very human in that they never admit they made mistakes and remove the mistake. At least balance wise. They always try to balance around bs like this – which really just leads to lame kitten.

To balance this they will have to buff the power damage of weapons like necro scepter. When they do this necro scepter becomes even better. So we get more and more power creep. I knew their comments about understanding power creep was too good to be true.

I think jonathon sharp knows whats going on but he turns over his vision to others and that is where it gets lost. Every time he speaks or posts he shows he understands the game and that fun is a two way thing. i dont think adding a trait like this fits with this vision.

I actually think all the devs are really good at anet. And from what you see of them, including the balance guys, they are all really nice and cool guys. I just think everyone makes mistakes and it is up to us to make them see how big a mistake this immunity passive trait would be. And then they can hopefully see and keep improving the game, which gave people hope the last month or so with justin and grouch

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

From the perspective of a Mesmer at least, this trait doesn’t worry me in the least. Any build I can think of has plenty of options to take out 2k up from an ele while building for 100% condition damage. Sure, you’ll have to burn a couple cooldowns to achieve it, but time things properly and the ele will melt to condies afterwards.

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

immunity is skill based shut up

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

Um……

It’s a useless trait. No ele will take it. An ele still needs 20 in water and 20 in arcana at the very least, not leaving enough for diamond skin.

First of all, “Your minions”??? What game are you playing where MM Necro is viable?

But anyway, that’s exactly the problem with the trait. Either it won’t be good enough and nobody will take it, or it will be pretty OP and everyone will take it. With complete immunity traits like that, there is not much middle ground (outside of meta shifts, but meta shifts due to a single OP trait are not very natural types of shifts).

Lastly, with the words you just said, I don’t think you’ve really thought carefully about how to min-max the trait. I won’t post the exact builds here, but use that noggin.

because it’d be nice to get something different like glass cannon daggers

glass cannon daggers is actually fun and in my opinion a balanced build. Are you sure you just don’t suck at playing glass cannons or do you want it to be op as kitten?

edit ontopic: fresh air ele with diamond skin is gonna be kittened, same with bunker builds.

You think glass cannon dagger ele without traits in arcana or water is balanced in the current context?

I usually like to run 10 points in arcana, but yea, it’s a fun build. It kills kitten and is prone to die, what a zerker should be.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

However useful it might be, it’ll be yet another passive mechanic, which I’m pretty sure no player in their right mind wants.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Holy knee-jerk reaction…clueless about Ele traits/builds much?

Diamond Skin is a 30-point Earth trait. EARTH. The condition damage tree. If you see an Ele with Diamond skin, they have already put themselves at a huge disadvantage against almost every meta build.

Currently there are NO decent builds involving 30 Earth because “condi ele” is something that barely exists. Necro and Engineer have superior condi application in every way. So you will still see most Ele’s going 30 Arcana + Air/Fire (burst) or Water (defensive).

What is wrong with people lol…

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Wintel you cant call trait lines to a specfic build type…

Engis (rabid) are condi based right? Well every single one uses power/vitality trait lines.

Its not an arguement of op/not op atm its that it’s a bad mechanic and a hard counter. Which shouldn’t exist.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Because I enjoy playing devil’s advocate, I’ll argue for diamond skin temporarily. (Note: as I’ve stated many times, I am all for a nerf/redesign to AR, Zerker stance, and probably DS once it comes out).

What Anet is probably going for is to force people to re-build to something besides pure condition pressure with nothing else. In other words, hardcounters are bad for the game, but so are one-dimensional builds that do well just because that one dimension is so important.

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

force the meta into a more kittened state, i like it.

Symbolic

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

force the meta into a more kittened state, i like it.

Well I did say devil’s advocate. But I mean come on, we’ve been begging for massive changes that would force the meta to change for a long time now. We’ve also been claiming that the meta is all about conditions.

Response=massive changes to force the meta away from conditions. I’m not saying it’s a great decision, but it makes sense based on the feedback we’ve given.

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

then they get themselves into more kitten, it’d be more beneficial for them to fix it slowly. They got themselves into this kitten in the first place by whack a mole balancing to necro.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

I want my mesmer vs ele 1v1 matchup back !

Fixi

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

then they get themselves into more kitten, it’d be more beneficial for them to fix it slowly. They got themselves into this kitten in the first place by whack a mole balancing to necro.

I’ve been posting in the forums for months trying to get people to calm down and lobby for small changes, but have been unsuccessful.

It’s kind of like when people complain about the president they voted for. Or, when they complain about the president but never vote.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

good old times :’( mesmer close point, ele far point.

The outcome of an intense duel deciding games

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I don’t think the trait is as strong as you guys think it is. In my opinion, we will only see this trait be very strong in bunker builds where a large HP pool along with large amounts of toughness. It will help glass cannon builds a bit, but the fact that you have to go 30 into earth for it makes it a bad option since you’ll drop a lot of sustain that keeps you I’m the fights when you are not above 90%.

It’s a bad addition to the meta, but it’s not overpowered like many of you seem to think that it will be.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

I don’t think the trait is as strong as you guys think it is. In my opinion, we will only see this trait be very strong in bunker builds where a large HP pool along with large amounts of toughness. It will help glass cannon builds a bit, but the fact that you have to go 30 into earth for it makes it a bad option since you’ll drop a lot of sustain that keeps you I’m the fights when you are not above 90%.

It’s a bad addition to the meta, but it’s not overpowered like many of you seem to think that it will be.

this.

in PvP

Wintel.4873

Engis (rabid) are condi based right? Well every single one uses power/vitality trait lines.

Its not an arguement of op/not op atm its that it’s a bad mechanic and a hard counter. Which shouldn’t exist.

Condi Engi always goes at least 20-30 points in Bombs (condi duration+power trait line). Grenade Kit + Pistol combo allows the engineer to unload a ton of condi pressure very fast. The remaining traits go towards survivability and it all comes together with fantastic synergy while offering great flexibility/variation.

The same is not true for Ele. Going 30 Earth to pick up Diamond Skin leaves the Ele in a VERY awkward place. 30 Arcana is still mandatory, leaving 10 free points and a mess of a build that will deal pathetic damage…because all the power/damage traits are sitting in Air. What’s the point?

Yes it’s a “no skill passive” trait and we need less of those, but we are dealing with a profession that is just plain terrible in every aspect of SPvP and needs ALL the help it can get. Playing Ele successfully needs a whole another level of skill compared to any other class/build. Keeping track of double-layered cooldowns between 4 sets of abilities (or ruin setups, or die), perfect positioning with abilities, perfect dodge timing due to being so squishy, etc. It’s just a punishing class which has to work 3x harder to do the same job.

Just leave Ele alone

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

good old times :’( mesmer close point, ele far point.

The outcome of an intense duel deciding games

cantrips ele vs mesmer was the most kittened kitten ever, cantrips ele vs anything at the time was stupid as kitten.

@guyabove 30 arcana is not mandatory. ele is where balance SHOULD be, i wish idiots would stop trying to get eles buffed when its not the answer, classes need to come down not kittening go up holy kitten.

Symbolic

in PvP

Wintel.4873

@guyabove 30 arcana is not mandatory. ele is where balance SHOULD be, i wish idiots would stop trying to get eles buffed when its not the answer, classes need to come down not kittening go up holy kitten.

Well good luck going meta-level without Evasive Arcana, the 1 trait which Ele gameplay revolves around. Heal on dodge, AoE damage on dodge, blast finishers, etc. Dodging = everything for Ele, it’s the only way to survive.

Something is wrong with “ele is where balance should be” considering that it’s an outlier class. That’s like an crazy person who insists they are sane and everyone else is crazy instead.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I don’t like these passives and am still aganst it. Plus if a ele traits for survivabillity they aren’t going to die, but I don’t really mind that. Old D/D ele was fine when it did no damage.

So diamond skin seems good and balanced on paper.

But real question is… will this make ele viable anywhere else other than 1v1ing a necro?

hard necro counter seems redundant imo and just promotes to much team micro counter play, and less a player skillfully out playing another.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Well good luck going meta-level without Evasive Arcana, the 1 trait which Ele gameplay revolves around. Heal on dodge, AoE damage on dodge, blast finishers, etc. Dodging = everything for Ele, it’s the only way to survive.

Something is wrong with “ele is where balance should be” considering that it’s an outlier class. That’s like an crazy person who insists they are sane and everyone else is crazy instead.

Did you even read what he wrote? Bring stuff down. Dont add this Op kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

And if you can’t wait/last 8-10 seconds vs a warrior using Berserker Stance, I understand how that’s not exactly “balanced” but I mean cmon…you can’t just rely purely on conditions for your damage, depending on your build though :P you can’t expect one build to do better against every other build …

Except that the entire Necromancer profession is based around the idea of using conditions to deal with your opponent. We get large access to control conditions specifically because they, along with Deathshroud, are the only defensive mechanics we get.

Imagine if someone had one skill that caused a thief to be unable to stealth or shadowstep for 8-10 seconds.

Not that these traits are all far too strong, but they aren’t fun. It doesn’t matter if they have perfect balance introduced into the game via a bunch of passive traits, if the game isn’t fun to play… why play it?

Its the same for all these kinds of traits. In “theory” they are okay because they have counterplay. But then you get down to the reality that entire professions are based around very specific defensive options, and giving someone a blanket, low (or no) skill way to invalidate half of a profession’s defensive mechanics just doesn’t make sense.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

Have you only recently started playing? Elementalist was a strong class even after its healing coefficients were nerfed. Other classes were be buffed in order for it to be redundant in pvp. Plus viable in soloq =/= viable in high level competitive play. You don’t need evasive arcana and it’s not a mandatory trait. Realistically in current meta you’re giving up too much damage to go into arcana/water. The most amount of arcana points I ever really put into my ele builds is 20. Current ele state is kill before it kills you, you can’t outsustain the damage people put out unless you go full bunker and in that case you should be 0/0/20/20/30 or 0/0/10/30/30 anyways.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Perfect immunity traits are bad. Hard counters are bad. This and automated response should be changed to either have a ICD or have -condi duration instead.

My real concern is the devs have already stated they will be watching this trait and buffing it if it’s not strong enough. Ie, moving it to master tier in earth or lowering the threshold. If this is how they balance passive traits, I don’t know what to think anymore…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I already gave my opinion on diamond skin in the Patch preview thread. It’s a passive I win trait that should be changed to something that focuses on pushing players to be better.

My idea was this; Successful Blast finishers whilst in Earth attunement grant you and nearby allies Diamond skin for 3 seconds. And I also suggested something similar for the auto-cleansing fire trait that was previewed as well because I feel we could do with less of these things rather than more.

I love this idea.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

On a side note, does anyone know if there is another State Of The Game or some sort of balance discussion coming up with the devs in the next month? I can almost guess their exact reaction and statements they would use to ‘justify’ making traits like this, but would like to see it discussed anyway.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in PvP

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

So:

We have 60 traits per profession. 19 Utility skills, an elite skill, 3 healing skills and between the average weapon/kit/attunement selection: 24 above land weapon skills.

Conditions are a major part of the game, and as such there should be quite a few ways to deal with them.

So far the only ways that I know of to deal with conditions are the following:

• Condition removal
  • Condition removal with extras (condition conversion for example)
  • Condition removal through sending it to the opponent
  • Condition duration reduction
  • Condition immunity (Just the engineer one so far, with diamond skin being added)

If we want unique skills/traits that allow for battles to be different from the typical I apply conditions – you remove them, it is quite difficult to come up with more options than these.

When it comes to condition removal: do we really want to limit skill and trait diversity to just removal and duration reduction? Because conditional immunity is not offering counterplay?

As far as I can tell, this new trait offers just as much counterplay as condition removal does. I mean, what do you do to give counterplay to a simple condition removal spell? You apply a few weak conditions and hope he takes the bait right?

Well what will you do with this trait? You try to land enough hits to take him down to 90% and then land the condition pressure to follow it up with an interrupt to stop the Ether Renewal.

I’d say that’s even more counterplay. Sure, it takes more effort, more skill. Then again, that is probably a good thing. Since spamming conditions isn’t a particularly hard thing to do.

This is no unconditional counter, nor a passive one! It requires skill from the elementalist to keep his health over 90% (no easy feat on a light armoured class with a small healthpool to start with).

I’d say this is one of the most interesting and unique anti-condition mechanics we’ve got so far!

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

^ This. People don’t spec into a line for the stat boosts. They trait into a line for the traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Um……

First of all, “Your minions”??? What game are you playing where MM Necro is viable?

But anyway, that’s exactly the problem with the trait. Either it won’t be good enough and nobody will take it, or it will be pretty OP and everyone will take it. With complete immunity traits like that, there is not much middle ground (outside of meta shifts, but meta shifts due to a single OP trait are not very natural types of shifts).

Lastly, with the words you just said, I don’t think you’ve really thought carefully about how to min-max the trait. I won’t post the exact builds here, but use that noggin.

because it’d be nice to get something different like glass cannon daggers

glass cannon daggers is actually fun and in my opinion a balanced build. Are you sure you just don’t suck at playing glass cannons or do you want it to be op as kitten?

edit ontopic: fresh air ele with diamond skin is gonna be kittened, same with bunker builds.

You think glass cannon dagger ele without traits in arcana or water is balanced in the current context?

I usually like to run 10 points in arcana, but yea, it’s a fun build. It kills kitten and is prone to die, what a zerker should be.

What it should be, but what zerker mesmers, thieves, and warriors are not.

I’m all for knocking all those down to the same peg, but do you think that’s gonna happen?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

“Earth XI – Diamond Skin. This trait has been redesigned. Conditions cannot be applied to you when your health is above the threshold. 90%.”

i dunno but i think it is not that hard to reduce an elementalist health from 100% to 89%?

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

The same is not true for Ele. Going 30 Earth to pick up Diamond Skin leaves the Ele in a VERY awkward place. 30 Arcana is still mandatory, leaving 10 free points and a mess of a build that will deal pathetic damage…because all the power/damage traits are sitting in Air. What’s the point?

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.1840

faeral.1840

“Earth XI – Diamond Skin. This trait has been redesigned. Conditions cannot be applied to you when your health is above the threshold. 90%.”

i dunno but i think it is not that hard to reduce an elementalist health from 100% to 89%?

it’s not only a question about knocking health down at the beginning of the fight.

a small health pool also means the ele will reset the threshold that much easier. so you work the ele down a bit & start to apply condis, ether feast clears the condis & resets the threshold.

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

How is this trait is remotely considered OP is beyond me.

Basically, this trait is asking the Elementalist not to take 1,300-2,000 damage in a fight to be effective.
ArenaNet is so out of touch with it’s community…

Last time I checked, Necromancers are going the zerker route anyways because scepter has no projectiles, fast and spams 3 conditions in a single combo, surviving thanks to fear and weakness.

HEY ENGINEERS! Want this kitten trait, all Elementalists will happy to take the trait Automated Response, something useful.

As an engineer ill happily trade.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it’s not only a question about knocking health down at the beginning of the fight.

a small health pool also means the ele will reset the threshold that much easier. so you work the ele down a bit & start to apply condis, ether feast clears the condis & resets the threshold.

ah u mean ether renewal

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ether_Renewal

it has a 15 seconds recharge time.
3.5 seconds activation time, can be interrupted.

surely one can reduce an elementalist’s health from 100% to 89% within 15 seconds?

in PvP

Zenith.7301

All arcane traits and no stun breaker. That build you showed on the video will go down faster than a prom dress, especially to a warrior with the CC chains.

You also act like targets will just sit there and eat the burning speed and fire grab, some of the most telegraphed skills in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I think the new diamond skin should just be a zerker stance copy-paste that triggers from taking a hit at above 90% HP, with a reasonably long CD (60s+)

in PvP

Zenith.7301

I think the new diamond skin should just be a zerker stance copy-paste that triggers from taking a hit at above 90% HP, with a reasonable long CD (60s+)

No. A 8 sec condi immunity cd is so grossly broken, it doesn’t need to be copied. The warrior source just needs to be brought down.

Stop with the immunities. Thief stealth (targeted attack immunity), zerker stance, ele broken cleanse chains, sword evade spams. All those are awful.

Reduce overall damage (bring down crit damage bonus cap to 30% in all game formats — tweak the damage of burning in pvp), reduce the effectiveness of prot and stability alongside self heals.

That way there will be room for more balanced stat spreads and builds than just the current extremes of damage/CC/bunker.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

berserker stance only gives 8 seconds of condition immunity or 10 seconds if sure footed trait is taken.

the recharge time is 60 seconds so it would be another 50 seconds or 52 seconds before it can be used again.

that seems pretty balanced to me.
since the recharge time is quite long, at 60 seconds.

are people saying that the warrior can destroy them within 8 seconds?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

berserker stance only gives 8 seconds of condition immunity or 10 seconds if sure footed trait is taken.

the recharge time is 60 seconds so it would be another 50 seconds or 52 seconds before it can be used again.

I think that’s what they are saying.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I think that’s what they are saying.

who are saying?

by the way, i play my warrior in 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers casually only and i do not use berserker stance at all.

sometimes i die when they focus fire too many CC on me.

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

All arcane traits and no stun breaker. That build you showed on the video will go down faster than a prom dress, especially to a warrior with the CC chains.

You also act like targets will just sit there and eat the burning speed and fire grab, some of the most telegraphed skills in the game.

Most eles are already running arcane blast, wave and either arcane shield or lightning flash. It’s not exactly a revolutionary concept.

As far as getting hit by burning speed, and FG, the golem was dead before it stood back up from updraft. 22k damage vs. 2.6k armor before you can stand up is not pathetic damage. It’s stun break or die.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Yes.

OR the warrior can just flail and run away with all leap skills and come back when 60 second CD is almost up.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Wintel.4873

Most of the damage came from Lightning Flash + Arcane Wave+Blast + Fire Grab crit, plus you’re wearing Berzerker amulet….so literally ANY Ele build can do that.
You are pretty much screwed in any real combat situation with that build that isn’t fighting an AFK target.
Even after DS buff you will lose to a condi class because once your health dips below 90%, you will be loaded with conditions and it’s game over (no Water traits).

What was your point?

Current ele state is kill before it kills you, you can’t outsustain the damage people put out unless you go full bunker and in that case you should be 0/0/20/20/30 or 0/0/10/30/30 anyways.

“Kill before it kills you” is something every other profession can do better with their burst builds while having more survivability.
If you’re going so deep into Air/Fire and only 20 into Arcane then you might as well hang a sign on your back saying “please insta-kill me”, I’m sure the nearest enemy with a damage-heavy build will be happy to do it.
You’re just a one-trick-pony, all the enemy has to do is evade/block/whatever your initial burst and then you’re left with nothing, just a sitting duck made of paper. At least Thief/Mesmer can escape easily if their burst attempt fails.

(edited by Wintel.4873)