Please reverse PoV change or nerf condi meta

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Im not sure if you devs are aware of this but the unintended PoV (pure of voice) functionality was the only thing which was keeping guardians competitive in this ever so more condition meta.

This change alone cut the guardian cleansing by half and now we have to sacrifice a precious utility slot to even have similar results like before.

SPVP is a fricking joke now, condis are being applied so frequently that I might as well not even bother cleansing them now but sit there and see how fast the necro/engie can kill me.

Im also not sure whether devs play guardians anymore because if they did, this class wouldn’t be reduced to a now mediocre mid bunker/support class. The funny thing is that now warriors and engies can bunker better than guardians while providing a ton more pressure to the party.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Oh, please. Guardian is the only class that’s kept a solid spot in the meta comp. Regardless of what you think of any change, the hyperbole is completely ridiculous and unnecessary.

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Says the necromancer. Oh im sorry, did you think I would not look at your post history? Necros and engies have NO RIGHT to even post right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

not really much different.

- a guardian

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

Says the necromancer. Oh im sorry, did you think I would not look at your post history? Necros and engies have NO RIGHT to even post right now.

except that both have little access to stability, and the new engi stability is a projectile so you can reflect that, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Keep in mind, the fix to PoV returns Guardian to how it was as of the June 25th patch. As in, Necro Summer. And we were still perfectly viable (necessary, even) then. Right now, condis are getting shut down pretty hard by condi immune stun Warriors, so it’s not even really a big deal.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

PoV would be fine if they removed stupid stuff like the short bleed on Necro / Engi autoattack. Covering conditions should be something you have to work for, not something that is granted to you automatically. Removing two conditions was nice because you could get through that one little bleed stack and remove something that was really important. Now you can’t.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

I’m curious, why should an engineer not have any right to comment on the meta? Is it the bombs?

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I’m curious, why should an engineer not have any right to comment on the meta? Is it the bombs?

because you will win 110% of the time against any guardian regardless of build regardless of skill level because conditions are extremely OP against guardians atm. you can say they “counter” guardians, but what the kitten? every condi engi build should not kittening counter every kittening guardian build. that’s horse kitten.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Keep in mind, the fix to PoV returns Guardian to how it was as of the June 25th patch. As in, Necro Summer. And we were still perfectly viable (necessary, even) then. Right now, condis are getting shut down pretty hard by condi immune stun Warriors, so it’s not even really a big deal.

No we weren’t, stop deluding yourself. PoV bug was the only thing keeping up afloat and I told that to the devs as much as I kittening could trying to delay this inevitable change. but unfortunately the devs would rather say “sorry our tooltips are more important than balance” It really kitten es me off how out of touch these developers are.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Thank you for showing me another point saying that this patch is evenworse (in a balance sight) that i was thinking …

GL to you guardians,
an ele

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in PvP

Posted by: Geniekid.2645

Geniekid.2645

It’s noticeably different for me, but I think it’s a good change. While PoV was bugged I felt that playing a shout support guardian was overly easy. With the CD on shouts fairly short I felt like guardians could do their shouts any time they saw some red squares on them (or their teammates) regardless of whether the cleanse was necessary.

One thing I would be interested in would be what would happen if PoV cleansed more conditions but increased shout cooldown? Then guardians would cleanse more effectively, but they’d have to make smarter decisions about when to do it.

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

because you will win 110% of the time against any guardian regardless of build regardless of skill level because conditions are extremely OP against guardians atm. you can say they “counter” guardians, but what the kitten? every condi engi build should not kittening counter every kittening guardian build. that’s horse kitten.

Every or just hgh?

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Its was a bug, I main guardian and I have no problems with the fix what so ever. If you want to remove 2 conditions use soldiers rune set, thats how it was before pov broke.

Guardian also has purging flames to cleanse conditions now.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

you must just be a bad guard if you always lose to an engineer of any skill level. Engi’s are by far one of the hardest profession to be any decent with >.>

in PvP

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

That’s probably why most engi are very good :p
Just look at stat repartition of class use

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

The funny thing is that now warriors and engies can bunker better than guardians while providing a ton more pressure to the party.

Then use them. Being a good players also means using a good build.
The trait were bugged it was not intended to remove 2 conditions be happy you exploited the bug for so long without getting punished.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

you must just be a bad guard if you always lose to an engineer of any skill level. Engi’s are by far one of the hardest profession to be any decent with >.>

Engi is not any harder to play well with than any other profession in this game. Having more buttons doesn’t make it harder.

As for the change to PoV, MMO’s typically have had an arms race between ranged kiting melee and melee gap closers. By virtue of conquest, A-net changed the type of arms race into conditions/boons and condition removal/boon removal. The pacing of changes in this game vs others makes it more prominent and quite frankly very detrimental to the health of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

You’re delusional if you think anything is better at filling a support/bunker role than a guardian right now.

- a guardian

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends