Please stop allowing Duo-queue in ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Nothing.4953

Nothing.4953

Just like the title says… “please stop allowing duo-queue in ranked.” This applies most noticeably for the gold to platinum to legendary climb, but for anyone climbing period this is not helpful. Anyone who solo-queues (especially in tier-3 gold or platinum) is going to be at a massive disadvantage against anyone they face that is in a two-man party (duo-queue). Think about it… If you’re already competing for a top 250 spot, it is FAR better to queue with a friend of equal or higher skill and have them be your teammate consistently every game versus the solo-queuing gold or platinum player who may roll four bad players as opposed to three. Even in games where both teams are fairly even in skill, the duo-queuing team has the advantage because they are likely on VoiP (TeamSpeak 3, Discord, Mumble, etc.) communicating which gives them another advantage.

Please consider making ranked solo-queue ONLY so that it is fair across the board. If you notice, nearly all of the people who are in the top 1-30 spots right now ONLY duo-queue because its an automatic advantage. When they can’t duo-queue or if they’ve met their max needed games for the day (to keep up with the 15 game increment per week) they just hop on a second account to preserve their rating (which ruins leaderboard volatility).

Obviously a truly random system cannot exist but ranked play should be equally pseudo-random for everyone rather than being exploited by some at the cost of others. The way things are currently, people will just continue to abuse the rating system with duo-queues and meet the weekly wins quota. That’s not a very competitive system, it doesn’t promote actually playing as many games as possible on your main account (which would give an accurate picture), and it doesn’t promote a truly competitive leaderboard rating system. The only thing the current PvP seasons system promotes is duo-queuing for an uneven advantage and playing the minimum number of games required to hold a spot on the leaderboard and then playing hundreds of additional games (over the course of a season) on a second account while making things unbearable for the divisions below.

(edited by Nothing.4953)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I would never queue for pvp without duo.
1) dealing with pug RNG is asinine.
2) the social experience makes pvp more enjoyable. Solo just feels like a grind.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

1. you really should use paragraphs, its hard to read through that wall of text.
2. i made a post about this during s5, devs did not even reply about it.
3. solo q – rating suicide (if you care about rating)
4. personally i hate having an uneven playing field, when people have advantages they use it. Ofcourse any game mode will have people trying to beat the system(i.e. queue dodging, offpeak hours queueing, and match manipulation).

i have played every pvp season, some more than others, but between the nerf in overall rewards in pvp and my burnout from season 5, and still no soloQ after 6 pvp seasons, i’m barely playing any ranked pvp(wtf no Greater call of the mists buff)….i just have no reason to go hard and i bet alot of other people are on the same boat.

Its one thing to enjoy a game mode, its another when you get more frustrated than enjoying it as you try to compete while having a disadvantage. Imo anet has to give me more reason to care for their next pvp league other than “hey look i’m at top 250, cool beans”.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

2) the social experience makes pvp more enjoyable. Solo just feels like a grind.

ranked is for personal rank, any form of “team” q in ranked mask truly personal rank behind the “team”

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

ranked is for personal rank, any form of “team” q in ranked mask truly personal rank behind the “team”

i agree, although NA is way less competitive than EU, it would be nice to see which esports tryhard would be top on a full soloq ranked season. Instead of the top 2 queuing together and facing nubs.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in PvP

Nothing.4953

1. you really should use paragraphs, its hard to read through that wall of text.
2. i made a post about this during s5, devs did not even reply about it.
3. solo q – rating suicide (if you care about rating)
4. personally i hate having an uneven playing field, when people have advantages they use it. Ofcourse any game mode will have people trying to beat the system(i.e. queue dodging, offpeak hours queueing, and match manipulation).

i have played every pvp season, some more than others, but between the nerf in overall rewards in pvp and my burnout from season 5, and still no soloQ after 6 pvp seasons, i’m barely playing any ranked pvp(wtf no Greater call of the mists buff)….i just have no reason to go hard and i bet alot of other people are on the same boat.

Its one thing to enjoy a game mode, its another when you get more frustrated than enjoying it as you try to compete while having a disadvantage. Imo anet has to give me more reason to care for their next pvp league other than “hey look i’m at top 250, cool beans”.

Is that better spacing? I agree the nerf to acquiring things like ascended gear/weapons/trinkets in PvP really was a bummer. I wish they’d revert that change. It was really nice to be able to put ascended gear on my characters for other game modes. I am happy with the gold you get from PvP’ing now (at least during seasons), it seems fair when you get 20 gold after 6 iterations of the repeatable chest. Also 75-100 ascended shards would be nice instead of 50 =).

Anyways back on topic, I just don’t believe the way things work currently promotes people playing as many games as possible on their main accounts to be on the leaderboard and the quota system is promoting less play and less leaderboard volatility instead of more. I’d rather they have a minimum quota of 15 games but if you play beyond that and you win you get a like +3 bonus to your rating per game won. Something that incentivized playing more games versus less and playing on one account instead of multiple would make seasons better going forward.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Ranked is not personal You’re projecting.

Ranked is competitive. Pugging is not competitive. Ranked ought to be 5 mans only, but that’s never going to happen.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Nothing.4953

Ranked is competitive. Pugging is not competitive. Ranked ought to be 5 mans only, but that’s never going to happen.

You’re wrong though, the leaderboard is a PERSONAL stat, you don’t share it with teammates therefore ranked play should also be personal otherwise it doesn’t provide any accuracy to individual skill level and it makes trying to balance with algorithms full kitten when you have people manipulate seasons with duo-queuing and second accounts. These two things should be discouraged by encouraging people to play a high volume of games on their main accounts through a competitive structure and incentives.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

You’re wrong though, the leaderboard is a PERSONAL stat, you don’t share it with teammates therefore ranked play should also be personal otherwise it doesn’t provide any accuracy to individual skill level and it makes trying to balance with algorithms full kitten when you have people manipulate seasons with duo-queuing and second accounts. These two things should be discouraged by encouraging people to play a high volume of games on their main accounts through a competitive structure and incentives.

Making it soloq only wouldn’t make that rating you see any more meaningful. What we have is a casual battleground system with a shiny leaderboard thrown on top. The only way that personal rating would be part of a competitive system is if it was part of a 1v1 game mode. Queueing up with random players is not a competitive game mode, it’s for casuals.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Remove all Solo Queue players, Coquest PvP was solely designed with 5 man Premades, this is evident at every single level of the gamemode, from MMR to Class/Skill balance.

Solo players shouldn’t be allowed to queue since the game wasn’t designed for that and skews the competition and forcing players to have horribly lopsided matches instead of matches being made on accurate MMR

Solo queue causes so much toxicity from the Solo Queuers, with premade teams player will play with people they actually like instead of scrubs and trolls that can hinder their advancement and fun.

(edited by BlaqueFyre.5678)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Remove all Solo Queue players, Coquest PvP was solely designed with 5 man Premades, this is evident at every single level of the gamemode, from MMR to Class/Skill balance.

Solo players shouldn’t be allowed to queue since the game wasn’t designed for that and skews the competition and forcing players to have horribly lopsided matches instead of matches being made on accurate MMR

There wouldn’t be much PvP at all then. Been playing since launch and I don’t think the population has ever felt this low to me. Ranked PvP is a casual game mode now, and we have to accept it for what it is and either enjoy it or move on.

That said, I still want to see 5v5 in game tournaments between seasons.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Solo queue causes so much toxicity from the Solo Queuers, with premade teams player will play with people they actually like instead of scrubs and trolls that can hinder their advancement and fun.

Quoted for truth.

I’m against solo-only or N-only, but why not allow to join as a team?

If someone want to win must chose his teams.. duo que is like playing football with your best friend and the first passing, but you can have way more fun playing with 5 friends vs 5 other random.. or vs other 5 man team!
Footballers have a 11+ “premade” and have individual value.

Unranked>Ranked