Please take a look at shoutheal war

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

No build should be able to be that kitten tanky, when the guy has no idea what hes doing and just spamming dodges and skills randomly.

at least DD took skill,
god please bring up the over all skill floor for warrior, this is just so sad..
even hambow took more skill than this?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Must be so hard to understand that Shoutbow can only have 3 dodges within a small time frame and one stun break every 20 seconds. Must be so hard to understand how easy it is to bait out shouts with both CC, condi, and direct damage.

It’s like the only close to balanced cele spec in the game because of the fact that it is probably the easiest to kill out of the cele meta.

TL;DR Shoutbow is without a doubt easy to play and easy to understand, but at least it’s reasonable to deal with. I mean look at abjured, they don’t even need a shoutbow considering Ele and Engi are technically stronger.

P.S He thinks Warrior is low-skill cap but bases his “opinion” on shoutbow. Yawn. He even said Hambow took more skill, real?

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

Ele and Engi are technically stronger.

^This.
Shoutbow not so good build. I think no real reason to keep shoutbow in team, because good dd ele do better anything – more damage, more mobilty, more CC, more support. Maybe shoutbow better cleanse condi from yourself and have better stability (if take it). Only preference of warrior players keep shoutbow in meta, he just not so bad vs celele/celengi, but not better.
And… Hambow not easy spec to play perfect =__=

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

in PvP

Simon.3794

Must be so hard to understand that Shoutbow can only have 3 dodges within a small time frame and one stun break every 20 seconds. Must be so hard to understand how easy it is to bait out shouts with both CC, condi, and direct damage.

It’s like the only close to balanced cele spec in the game because of the fact that it is probably the easiest to kill out of the cele meta.

TL;DR Shoutbow is without a doubt easy to play and easy to understand, but at least it’s reasonable to deal with. I mean look at abjured, they don’t even need a shoutbow considering Ele and Engi are technically stronger.

P.S He thinks Warrior is low-skill cap but bases his “opinion” on shoutbow. Yawn. He even said Hambow took more skill, real?

You are officially the most annoying can-not-read-anything-properly person in this forum.

In which word you see me saying the guy can dodge? why are even you saying bait his skills and dodge? like what, how, what, hmm? i don’t even.
your level of text understanding is just beyond my imagination

and like your body text and TLDR don’t even relate to each other, it’s sad.

like OP “omg shoutheal is so low skill floor, the guy lives too long for not dodging”

blacktruth: " no dude, l2p, man, bait his dodge!and skill!
tldr : ye, shoutheal is easy to play"

what? how?……..what? did you just wrote that body text to kitten people off or something, like whats the point, me don’t get it.
or do you even know what is a tldr?

btw i never said a single word about shoutheal being strong, but the fact that an ele at the same level as he is would be dead in seconds. people like to make things up or what.

i should really stop replying to comments that make no sense and are simply made to kitten people off, really.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

@ OP This is just you opinion.
The build is fine and people just die quick when they random dodge and spam skill using it. At least against me .

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

The tendency for people to blame Cele for everything is really saddening. “Oh I lost to that Engie. Pff, he’s probably playing Cele.” It’s so silly, it’s not even funny.

I fought a thief once with my zerker bombs build and immediately he got downed, the first thing he said was, “Cele noob”

It feels like we don’t want to reflect on our mistakes or admit that some people are actually REALLY good at their class.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I vouch for this one.
Let’s disable Warrior shouts in PvP Arena.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I play cele warrior from long time and I’ve try to use the shoutbow build.
it’s good to support, ok, but if you fight in 1vs1 if your enemy know a little how to play you can’t win. That’s why it’s a Team Based Build.
A Bunker Banner build can be more tanky and deal more CC and damage.

if the problem is that you don’t know how to fight a soutbow, try to use one and then you can find how it can be easy to play and how it can be useless in 1vs1 or 2vs2 fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Simon baiting dodges usually means using soft CC such as chill, cripple, immob etc

Shoutbow is a lot easier to kill than a d/d ele or cele engi.
This is a learn to play issue guys, no need to bring anymore attention to this thread.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Tao.5096

Simon baiting dodges usually means using soft CC such as chill, cripple, immob etc

Shoutbow is a lot easier to kill than a d/d ele or cele engi.
This is a learn to play issue guys, no need to bring anymore attention to this thread.

No it’s not.
Simon said it’s too OP.
So it must be nerfed asap.

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Oh… bother.

Attachments:

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Ehh, I mean this is practically a bunker build, it’s just innately hard to kill. I don’t know why you would qq about this build being tanky when so many other bunker builds are tougher to kill. This is one of the easiest celestial kills with focused fire.

But yes, it’s low skill. Yes I want more interesting warrior builds to be meta.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Shoutbow by itself it fine.

The issue is that it just benefits from the broken cele amulet. As I’ve said before, the “balance” team really messed up with the last release. For some reason, they thought might stacking was the biggest issue. Fix it.

1. Revert the might changes last patch
2. Remove the ability from ele to stack might so easily
3. Nerf cele amulet

Cele is what is broken in this meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Shoutbow is a support build. It’s pretty terrible in 1v1 and it can’t bunker against berserker builds. It really shines in group fights with all the aoe healing, but that’s about it.

Hambow beats it in 1v1 and delivers a bit more utility in group fights with the extra blast finisher and aoe knockdown/interrupt spam. I’m personally quite puzzled by people playing shoutbow since it’s the weaker of the two builds.

in PvP

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

Shoutwar got the match-up agains’t every meta build exept cele ingi hoelbrak slickshoes doom sigil, wich is a bit harder but not undefeatable.

When hambow lose agains’t every other cele meta build and got predictable burst.

Idk why you guys are saying shoutwar is a bad 1v1er.

[vM] Alkore

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It is bad at 1v1 against zerk builds because the damage is weak.

I’d bring a lb ranger if the other team has shotbow, problem solved.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Look at all of the traits in this game. A HUGE chunk are passive bonuses. Many skills are long cooldowns. What you end up realizing is, based on complaints, any build that is effective is brain dead. (Mostly) just bad builds require a high amount of skill. Reason being? One doesn’t struggle as much as the other naturally. Buff the seemingly skillful build to just being decent? Suddenly its no-brain face roll, an example being LB ranger.

Moral of the story; the game isn’t hard, stop attacking every build just because its effective. Stop saying everything is brain dead because it’s a brain dead argument.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

MrKrataus.6420

thief can’t, mesmer aswell, and I tested with lb ranger aswell, shoutwar got 2much tool to kill them easly while putting weakness and being tanky as sheet.

[vM] Alkore

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Ele and Engi are definitely tougher classes to beat than shoutbow. I can’t imagining shoutbow receiving a nerf any more than I can imagine Guardians getting a buff. They seem to be “in a good spot”.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

thief can’t, mesmer aswell, and I tested with lb ranger aswell, shoutwar got 2much tool to kill them easly while putting weakness and being tanky as sheet.

I hate to break it to you, but personal “testing” has nothing to do with viability of zerker builds against Shoutbow warriors…

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

The problem still lies in the celestial amulet. Nerf it and every celestial build will be back in line. The thing that bothers me the most is the ridiculous amount of sustain each of these builds have.

Low on health? Wait, lemme just spam some kitten. PLOOP Back to 70-80%, have another try.

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

um…. i find cele eles and engis more broken than shoutbow tbh….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Yeh shoutbow is broken. It is probably the easiest spec in game. It is based around running around. Really brain dead. Minimal difference between really good and really bad shoutbow players.

Thief and celestial = problems. It won’t get fixed so its pointless to discuss it. Perhaps even the problem is sigil of air and fire and not thief. It is possible, I would say probable, that the classes themselves are super balanced and not lame. The problem with all classes comes with the celestial amulet and with sigils with no counter play like sigil of air.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

I hate to break it to you, but personal “testing” has nothing to do with viability of zerker builds against Shoutbow warriors…

I hate to break it for you, but your “idea” of zerk vs shoutbow makes no sense.

Shoutbow has been created with the EXACT PURPOSE of winning 1vs1-2vs2. it wins vs everything 1vs1 and stalemates eles.

As usual, u have no idea about what you’re saying.

in PvP

Tao.5096

I hate to break it for you, but your “idea” of zerk vs shoutbow makes no sense.

Shoutbow has been created with the EXACT PURPOSE of winning 1vs1-2vs2. it wins vs everything 1vs1 and stalemates eles.

As usual, u have no idea about what you’re saying.

hmm~
Now I know why I see shoutbow once a month or even less.
+1 Nerf Shoutbow asap!

or at least nerf Thieves as always.
We have to nerf something, come on.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Shoutbow is incredibly easy to be effective with in this meta. In my opinion it’s the easiest build to multiclass and be a ‘top tier’ player with.

That said, the build was made in response to just how much sustain ele/engineer have. Shoutbows are actually relatively easy to focus down with double power burst comps (thief/mes, thief/ranger mes/ranger, s/f ele as well). They shine in long, drawn out fights where cele tanks are just smashing into each other without any heavy focus a well as condi heavy fights where they can remove tons of condis off themselves and off their teammates.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

MrKrataus.6420

So im wondering where this “zerk beat shoutbow” came from if its not personal test? Since every decent players with a bit of knowledge know that’s wrong? Im also wondering if you ever played agains’t a good shoutbow.

[vM] Alkore

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

So im wondering where this “zerk beat shoutbow” came from if its not personal test? Since every decent players with a bit of knowledge know that’s wrong? Im also wondering if you ever played agains’t a good shoutbow.

General consensus. People who play builds tend to be a lot more honest about what kills them more frequently than others than someone contesting a proposal. Having played a bit of shoutbow (certainly not as a main, though) I agree power and zerker is far more punishing than conditions, easily. And in a team fight it’s easier to take advantage of that physical weakness. 1v1 it’s still there but won’t be a prominent. Skill levels still matter too, but that’s how concensus works. “Generally”, power will be your counter to shout heals. Of course they will be tanky, that’s what they’re built for, and if you’re not very good at surviving as glass in a general sense (compared to their ability to land damage) you will still likely lose. Counters arent foolproof.

in PvP

MrKrataus.6420

Well I have thousands games on warrior, 30%~ on shoutbow and I play atm on a top 1-3 EU pvp team, I’ve played agains’t each best players in each class and I know wich match-up shoutwar get or not, “Generally” shoutwar is a beast at 1v1 if you know how to play it, zerker does not make an exeption.

General consensus.

Nope. Getting rekt by a longbow ranger in a random hotjoin doesn’t make it a general consensus.

[vM] Alkore

(edited by MrKrataus.6420)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I don’t doubt they’re good at 1v1, that’s why I said 1v1 that weakness is less prevenent. They’re what many would call a bruiser build. These builds are very often great for 1v1 (cele ele, cele war, Engi, turret engi). But 1v1 potency is not a reason to nerf something and say it doesn’t have a weakness. In a team fight, power pressure can certainly stack against shoutbows.

That said, they like many Cele build may be slightly too potent, but not enough to say they’re OP or need some “serious looking at”.

in PvP

Posted by: LetMeHaveFun.5278

LetMeHaveFun.5278

So , nerf Warrior again… we back to the same old business, Hammer+ Shild/ mace – NERF TOO OP
Warrior gs + shild/mace – NERF TO OP
Warrior condi – NERF TO TOP
Warrior Naked hitting with a stick- NERF TO OP

It seems to me , you problem is not shoutbow, you just bad agaisnt Warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Ele have 25 skills while Warriors have 17.

Ele have more utility than warrior.

Nope, Shoutbow doesn’t need a nerf.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Tao.5096

Of course not.

All it needs is to disable Shout utilities and Longbow in PvP Arena.
+10 to Balance

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Shoutbow isn’t even close to be as broken as Ele and Engie.

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Of course not.

+10 to Balance

What we need is voteban for classes and a PvP amulet. Player will cure cancer themselves if devs can’t/don’t care.

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Of course not.

+10 to Balance

Oops, I walked straight into a troll thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Shoutbow can deal with zerker quite easily, especially something like thieves.
It is one of the easiest classes to build up 25 stack of might with easy rotation , and can just spam that ridiculously large f1 on LB and blast it with combusion shot and Warhorn 5. Also it’s one of the easiest classes to play good while you have little experience of the build itself. It has so many aoe cleanses to himself and to the group.

Shoutbow damage is not low because both weapon sets they’re using are all hybrid weapons that uses both condition and power. Because they can so easily get to 25 stacks of might even w/o any might supported rune, the damage is by no means low.
Only thing shoutbow is weak at is against outnumbered fight. (2 or more v 1).
Shoutbow doesn’t has stability/ evade/ invulnerable or block, so against any outnumbered match up, they’d quickly fall by chain CC and focus fire.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

runeblade.7514

It is one of the easiest classes to build up 25 stack of might with easy rotation , and can just spam that ridiculously large f1 on LB and blast it with combusion shot and Warhorn 5. Also it’s one of the easiest classes to play good while you have little experience of the build itself. It has so many aoe cleanses to himself and to the group.

Shoutbow damage is not low because both weapon sets they’re using are all hybrid weapons that uses both condition and power. Because they can so easily get to 25 stacks of might even w/o any might supported rune, the damage is by no means low.
Shoutbow doesn’t has stability/ evade/ invulnerable or block, so against any outnumbered match up, they’d quickly fall by chain CC and focus fire.

3 stacks of might(Combustion shot) + 3 stacks of might(Warhorn 5) = 25 stacks of might?

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

PvP Forum Specialist here

Few questions about this build:

1. Is the problem banner? – Let’s say the build didn’t have War Banner. Would you still think this build is too strong?
  2. Is the problem killing it? – I tend to find that these die fairly quickly in team fights, but super slow in small engagements.
  3. What do you usually fight it with? – What are your tactics for fighting it, if at all
Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Simon.3794

The problem about is build is that
Everyone and their moms are bandwagoning it while everyone and their mom knows DD ele is better.
See the problem? that makes me sad.

in PvP

BlackTruth.6813

PvP Forum Specialist here

Few questions about this build:

1. Is the problem banner? – Let’s say the build didn’t have War Banner. Would you still think this build is too strong?
  2. Is the problem killing it? – I tend to find that these die fairly quickly in team fights, but super slow in small engagements.
  3. What do you usually fight it with? – What are your tactics for fighting it, if at all

1.) Banner is interruptible and a long cool down anyways
2.) No. It’s easy to kill when you learn how to rotate. In team fights it’s much stronger for sure. But still very kill-able once you learn how to count dodges and cool downs.
3.) I personally fight it with chain CC DPS Warrior. When there is proper focus fire and people aren’t kitten ing around, it’s easy to kill it. Sometimes I can even 1v1 it even though DPS Warrior isn’t made for 1v1s. I suppose D/P thief timing the daze so combustive shot can’t be casted to cleanse poison isn’t bad either.

TL;DR people complain about shoutbow because they are either new or aren’t good players.

P.S Some people complain about shoutbow being the only viable build for Warrior, but then again look at the TL;DR.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

in PvP

Aomine.5012

3 stacks of might(Combustion shot) + 3 stacks of might(Warhorn 5) = 25 stacks of might?

Haha, clearly someone never played a Warrior before.
Coming from the guy who said this is a troll thread XD

Sigil of Battle on one weapon + quick hand.

Precast FGJ when cd is off. Combine with traits it should gives around 6 stacks.
Engage battle, switch weapon between 1-h sword/warhorn and LB to gain easy adrenaline. You gain easy access to sigil of battle thanks to quick hand. That’s 2 stacks for 26 seconds. If you do your weapon swap properly you should get 4~6 stacks from the sigil easily

Adrenaline full, use f1 then combustion shot 3 stacks 26 seconds. Switch weapon, use warhorn to blast fire field again, 6 stacks. By the time you switch back to LB your Adrenaline should be full again, F1 then combusion shot, another 3 stacks.
If your rotation is correct, you should always get 9~12 stacks from this.

That’s 6+6+12 = 20~24 stacks of mights constantly.

If you use Signet of Rage instead of Battle Standard, you should get another 5 stacks. But it’s still more useful to bring Battle Standard in high end pvp, but if you’re solo queing, signet of rage can still be chosen.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Of course not.

+10 to Balance

What we need is voteban for classes and a PvP amulet. Player will cure cancer themselves if devs can’t/don’t care.

Oh shoot vote ban, shots fired.

Like that even matters,you queue with what you like,you go in wvw with what you like. Fighting your friend/self made tournaments is a private thing and both of you can make whatever rules suits you. You expect GW2 players to follow a ban…, a ban itself is hard to create here with traits,sigils,runes imo. I can’t remember last time I fought shoutbow war. Oh wait there is a ban already many runes,sigils,gear… are not in pvp.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

BlackTruth.6813

The reason why shoutbow is balanced compared to other cele builds is because delaying a point with it is near impossible. It has no stability and it can’t really get protection on demand unless people are stupid enough to give you vulnerability without keeping track of your warhorn skills.

Shoutbow also gets destroyed by all-in rush down ganks. Because again, you don’t have super mobility like Ele, you don’t have protection on demand, and fear me is a 48 second cool down which can be CONDI CLEANSED. That means it can be stun broken by team mates cleansing it for you.

Look at what Ele and Engi can do on the other hand.

Engi can just use slick shoes which is probably one of the easiest CC to land in the game to delay a point and peel for himself. Doesn’t help that Engi can also get protection injection, a 16 second shield, and crate.

Ele can use ride the lightning, teleport, and fire GS to escape and reposition to make delaying a point better. Not to mention ridiculous protection up-time and decent condi clear.

The only thing shoutbow has over the cele specs is that they cleanse condis better and they heal team mates better. That’s about it, at least they’re easy to kill because all you have to do is count their dodges and bait their cool downs hard. Ele and Engi on the other hand, you have to pay attention to so many things it’s aggravating. Like Ele and Engi can dodge focus fire harder than shoutbow can and still be strong in their own way.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Shout warrior is one of the only viable team healers in the game. Please do not nerf nearly-full-support builds and push the game further into actual zerg mode.

People complain that they struggle too hard 1v1 vs shout warriors but fail to realize that the shout warrior’s survivability is all that he has to offer to the team. He lives and heals/cleanses his teammates – that’s literally it.

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Precast FGJ when cd is off. Combine with traits it should gives around 6 stacks.
Engage battle, switch weapon between 1-h sword/warhorn and LB to gain easy adrenaline. You gain easy access to sigil of battle thanks to quick hand. That’s 2 stacks for 26 seconds. If you do your weapon swap properly you should get 4~6 stacks from the sigil easily

Adrenaline full, use f1 then combustion shot 3 stacks 26 seconds. Switch weapon, use warhorn to blast fire field again, 6 stacks. By the time you switch back to LB your Adrenaline should be full again, F1 then combusion shot, another 3 stacks.

If you use Signet of Rage instead of Battle Standard, you should get another 5 stacks. But it’s still more useful to bring Battle Standard in high end pvp, but if you’re solo queing, signet of rage can still be chosen.

So, in order to get 25 stacks of might you lose:

• Valuable condi removal from F1 Longbow
  • Valuable condi removal from Warhorn
  • Valuable condi removal and heal from FGJ
  • Big damage from Longbow 3
  • and you might gain a position disadvantage.

Sounds like a fair trade.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in PvP

Simon.3794

…no not really, non of these really is a problem…if you know what you are doing…

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Surprise surprise!
None of those skills are on long cool down, unlike Ele.
Ele actually sacrificed way more to build up might.
Their CD is like 2~3 times longer than Warriors’ rotation.

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Forum bug again. Need to post.