Plz remove the corrupt boon on scepter auto

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Edit: for the noob saying weakness doesnt diminuish dps by 50%, go read wiki.
And also always for that noob saying that 3 seconds is too much time for a corrupt boon, i can tell 2 things: first, you are not slapping butterflys while autoattacking, and really 3 seconds is too much for having a corrupt boon? what do you want? corrupt boon on every kittening attack??

How about you read it? Weakness is a 50% chance for 50% non-crit damage. Assuming no crit chance, that is only a 25% reduction on average (50%*50%). It does go up from there based on Crit Chance and Crit Damage, but it can’t be a 50% reduction in damage without an absurd crit damage stat (read: impossible to get high).

For Weakness to give a 50% average reduction in damage, you would need 300% Crit damage and 100% crit chance. This requires the impossible Ferocity value of 2,250.

And never once did I say that the boon corrupt on auto was fine (although it’s not as overpowering as I feared). I said to get your numbers straight before using them to make an argument.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Sure. Reduce access to boons on all of the dominant classes.
Ele, engi, rev and druid need massive reduction in boon accessibility.

Alternatively make it boon strip instead of corruption.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

Edit: for the noob saying weakness doesnt diminuish dps by 50%, go read wiki.
And also always for that noob saying that 3 seconds is too much time for a corrupt boon, i can tell 2 things: first, you are not slapping butterflys while autoattacking, and really 3 seconds is too much for having a corrupt boon? what do you want? corrupt boon on every kittening attack??

How about you read it? Weakness is a 50% chance for 50% non-crit damage. Assuming no crit chance, that is only a 25% reduction on average (50%*50%). It does go up from there based on Crit Chance and Crit Damage, but it can’t be a 50% reduction in damage without an absurd crit damage stat (read: impossible to get high).

For Weakness to give a 50% average reduction in damage, you would need 300% Crit damage and 100% crit chance. This requires the impossible Ferocity value of 2,250.

And never once did I say that the boon corrupt on auto was fine (although it’s not as overpowering as I feared). I said to get your numbers straight before using them to make an argument.

From official wiki:
“Weakness is a condition that decreases the rate of endurance regeneration and turns half of all hits into glancing blows (that deal 50% less damage)”.

This means ALL attacks can be 50% less dmg, not only crits. Off course, off course if it happens on a crit, the damage lost is much more higher than a 50% damage lost (since default critical damage is 150%, you lose more than 50% on a crit even if you dont have ferocity, if you have high ferocity the dmg lost is atrocius, i should post you some crit eviscerate LVL 3 adrenaline on a berserker warrior glancing for 1100????).

I understand that scepter autoattack alone is not overpowered, but if you mix it on a class that have already a corrupt boon op utility 15s CD, that can spam an absurd number of condi, those things that should be countered by resistence wich is corrupted by autoattacks, then you get that is wrong. But the sad thing is that you are punishing more class that don’t spam a lot of boons (like warrior), who they wont be able to replace those boons with just a dodge or random skill usage. For example, mesmer get a lot of boons of short duration with chaos armor, so guess what a tragedy is when you get 3 seconds of might to get 10 seconds of weakness!!! Boons are not a debuff guys!! A lot of class rely on boons, and the fact only a few class have access to boon corruption is not that fair, especialy if they are spammable (i repeat autoattck and 15sec CD utility) and convert boons in such an Op way. There would be also Well of corruption, wich is slightly balanced cuz of the high CD.

Aniway it’s true, my opponents were noobs (not even that much to be honest), and i agree you will never just spam autoattack, but still the experiment worked well, i mean i was swapping from shroud form to scepter autoattack, while sometime use my 2 utility spectral armor or Corrupt boon, and nothing else.
Still you should tell me wich other class with wich weapon can win any fight by just using autoattack and 2 utility.

Edit: i will work on a video soon, cuz i think you people cant be impartial. Those who are defending it are playing Necro.

(edited by Shala.8352)

in PvP

Shala.8352

Oh also i wanna add that weakness is not punishing spammy class the same way is punishing timed burst class like warrior. i mean if an ele get weakness, will he care a lot of getting some glancing attacks? I mean he wouldnt get a lot of dmg aniway, he can just spam his skills and compensate the weakness, but if it happens after a warrior has set up a lvl 3 eviscerate after gathering adrenaline, waited for opponent to waste his blocks/dodge/blind just to get a glancing hit wich wont be spammable, then you will understand how unfair this condition is.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

From official wiki:
“Weakness is a condition that decreases the rate of endurance regeneration and turns half of all hits into glancing blows (that deal 50% less damage)”.

This means ALL attacks can be 50% less dmg, not only crits.

No. Half of all. That’s 50% of 50%.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Shala.8352

From official wiki:

and 50% of 150% is? 75% less dmg.
so average between ALL attacks, crits and not crits, 50% less dmg in total.
Example: eviscerate non crit is 3k
Crit is 10k (3k+150%)
Total dmg on a crit and a non crit: 3k+10k =13k

weaknes on non crit: 1,5k dmg
weakness on crit. 5k dmg
Total dmg on a crit and a non crit with weakness: 1,5k+ 5k= 6,5k dmg, for a total lost of 50% dmg than the 2 evi without weakness.

Learn to math man. Of course as i said, the more ferocity you have, the more dmg you lose, so an high ferocity stats will lose more of 50% dmg. Seems legit, when condi is not affected by it right?

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

From official wiki:

Crit is 10k (3k+150%)

weakness on crit. 5k dmg
Total dmg on a crit and a non crit with weakness: 1,5k+ 5k= 6,5k dmg, for a total lost of 50% dmg than the 2 evi without weakness.

Learn to math man. Of course as i said, the more ferocity you have, the more dmg you lose, so an high ferocity stats will lose more of 50% dmg. Seems legit, when condi is not affected by it right?

Your calculations are wrong on so many levels

in PvP

Shala.8352

From official wiki:

Crit is 10k (3k+150%)

weakness on crit. 5k dmg

Your calculations are wrong on so many levels

ok explain then. Cause maybe i’ve just too bad rng when i attack

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think it is silly that Anet tried to cure boon spam issue with adding boon corrupt on AA. Both are terrible design. It is like fighting cancer with cancer. At the end host dies anyway.

Why not fix core of the issue, namely insane access to boons? I switch to necro when we have too many thieves on team, i personally find scepter AA stupidly rewarding vs certain classes (revs, necros in DS etc.)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

sigh
1. you keep forgetting weakness affects only half of the attacks.
2. You keep mixing up % of damage reduction from weakness with +%crit damage. Those are not the same percentages, they use something different as base.
3. you keep mixing up damage dealt with base damage.
4. you do not understand how crit damage is calculated

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Shala.8352

sigh
1. you keep forgetting weakness affects only half of the attacks.
2. You keep mixing up % of damage reduction from weakness with +%crit damage. Those are not the same percentages, they use something different as base.
3. you keep mixing up damage dealt with base damage.
4. you do not understand how crit damage is calculated

screen021: My zerker build, 230%critical dmg, 55% critical change, jsut to let you know all the screen i did was taken when i had active sigil of intelligence, so it was 100% a critical hit.
screen017, 016: my average critical hit on svanir is 6k.
screen018,: my normal eviscerate non crit is 2.5k average. Sounds normal. cuz 230% of 2.6k makes around 6k. till now is all okay.
screen 013, 014 and in particular screen 20: showing how the dps lost is much more than 50% on a critical hit. In particular, in screen 20 i could get it while i still had intelligence sigil active. You can see, that the dmg output is not the 50% of the normal crit dmg, wich should be around 2.9k-3k. Instead, is around 1.1k. This means even on a 100% chance critical hit, it takes the base damage and it get halve. So on a 100% chance critical hit that would have been 6k dmg, i get 1.1k dmg, wich is an 82% dmg reduction.
Do you want me to take screens of weakness affecting my 150% critical dmg (i.e no ferocity)? i can already tell you is 75% damage lost, but since you dont believe in my math i can bring you real example XD XD.
Weakness is broken. It punish precision build based, and its forgiving to condi dmg. The reason we have almost no more berserker build in the meta, is not because of the bunker meta you are trying to fix, but because the spam of weakness.

Also i want to add that there’s no reason for a condi build to cleanse weakness, they are not losing any dps, just some endurance regen. Instead, a power build is better that cleanse that condi.
Also, for this experiment i got helped by my friend necro. he was able to keep weakness on me 100% uptime whit no problems.

(edited by Shala.8352)

in PvP

Shala.8352

back in topic, soon i will upload my video of scepter autoattack pwning revs.
Since people in this forum doesnt believe in math or obvious/clear wrong things, and only believe in proofs.

in PvP

Erzian.5218

You could start with proof for:

Crit is 10k (3k+150%)

(edited by Erzian.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: Scalyon.7028

Scalyon.7028

So you killed the Svanir and the Chieftain with auto-attack? /golfclap

in PvP

Shala.8352

Crit is 10k (3k+150%)

man i know that come on dont be punctilious. i Just approximated it to make more clearly. I know 3k X 150% is 4,5k. Doesnt change anything, cuz then the weakened critical hit would have been even less proportionaly.
Check the screens, 1.1k glancy eviscerate that should have been a 100% critical 6k.
More easy than watch… then you have to try if by yourself XD
Don’t be a kitten, proofs are on the screens, watch them, do your math and then come to tell me if weakness isnt better than protection, fury and vigor togheter. Also consider protection is reducing only the 33% dmg incoming to you, not to the other people who dont have protection, a player affected by weakness instead has reduced dmg against any opponent around him.

Oh also i forgot to say, i didnt use any damage modifier traits on the experiment, nor rune/sigill dmg modifier, so that would have been more clear, if i do that, the lost dmg would have become even higher, since weakness keep applying on the base dmg and not on the final output like we saw (6k is not halve in 3k).

So i dont know any more way to say it… stop defending weakness, is not balanced XD XD.

(edited by Shala.8352)

in PvP

Shala.8352

So you killed the Svanir and the Chieftain with auto-attack? /golfclap

?? what are you talking about??

in PvP

Posted by: Shilajit.9023

Shilajit.9023

why everybody is crying about aa boon corrupt & nobody asks for aa boon gain nerf?
like scrapper hammer 1
guard gs 1
guard ham 1
so aa boon corrupt is bad while aa boon gin is not?
what about herald? they don’t even have to do anything to get boons.
they should nerf those too.
why you get to have free frequent boons while nobody can remove it frequently?

necro scepter aa is just fine , don’t get hit every 3rd aa from necro, it’s not easy to land unless you are just taking it while just standing there.

Attachments:

Selling salts to the Salty people.
Only Gankdara Ele

in PvP

Erzian.5218

Crit is 10k (3k+150%)

I know 3k + 150% is 9k.

No, this is not true. It is a bit ridiculous if you tell people to “Learn to math” when you cannot even do basic math.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

why everybody is crying about aa boon corrupt & nobody asks for aa boon gain nerf?
like scrapper hammer 1
guard gs 1
guard ham 1
so aa boon corrupt is bad while aa boon gin is not?
what about herald? they don’t even have to do anything to get boons.
they should nerf those too.
why you get to have free frequent boons while nobody can remove it frequently?

necro scepter aa is just fine , don’t get hit every 3rd aa from necro, it’s not easy to land unless you are just taking it while just standing there.

actually i did, since HoT came out…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Shala.8352

Crit is 10k (3k+150%)

I know 3k + 150% is 9k.

No, this is not true. It is a bit ridiculous if you tell people to “Learn to math” when you cannot even do basic math.

yea i’m sorry about that you are right i corrected it, for some reason i was adding 3k +150% of 3k, still dont focus too much on that was only an example, the % dmg reduction on a crit doesnt change, watch my screens.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

spoiler alert:
SPOILERAnet doesn't play their own game.
SPOILERThe guy in charge of pvp balance has no idea wtf he is doing.
E$PORTSlolololol.

in PvP

Shala.8352

UP! i’m almost ready guys, i got the footage. Need to make a little of montage then video is rdy! ^^

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

-snip-

You are confusing “hit” with “DPS.” Unless your damage is all delivered in a single hit, you cannot compare the two.

Yes, an individual hit can be an obscene reduction in damage. But an individual hit can also not be affected at all. Weakness calculations are tougher, but you have to use averages.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Shala.8352

Was a lot of fun to make this video.
Before u say even something about my opponents skill, i can tell you 3 things: frist of all, i know some of the people i duelled, and i know they were diamond last season, so not totaly “unexperienced”; second i didnt chose my opponents, was really hard to find people who agreed to play against this cancer, and even so mostrly of them didnt know i was just going to spamm scepter; third well go watch some Vans wvw montage and tell me if his opponents arent more noobs than mine XD XD

So this was only to demostrate the umbalance of this autoattack. Plz notice how, differently from what people is saying in this topic, you dont lose easily the scepter autoattack chain, not even after missing or after evading or after using an utility.
Plz notice the number of boons i’m corrupting especialy against revenant.
Plz notice the weakness 100% uptime on revenant.
Plz notice how hard is for the revenant just try to…play!!!
Plz notice how OP Corrupt boon utility is, most of the duels i won thx to that 15 sec cd unblockable 1200 range utility.

PLZ ANET REVERT THE SCEPTER AUTOATTACK BUFF! It is absolutely not needed!

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Before u say even something about my opponents skill, i can tell you 3 things: frist of all, i know some of the people i duelled, and i know they were diamond last season, so not totaly “unexperienced”; second i didnt chose my opponents, was really hard to find people who agreed to play against this cancer, and even so mostrly of them didnt know i was just going to spamm scepter; third well go watch some Vans wvw montage and tell me if his opponents arent more noobs than mine XD XD

So this was only to demostrate the umbalance of this autoattack. Plz notice how, differently from what people is saying in this topic, you dont lose easily the scepter autoattack chain, not even after missing or after evading or after using an utility.
Plz notice how OP Corrupt boon utility is, most of the duels i won thx to that 15 sec cd unblockable 1200 range utility.

To be honest you only showed how easy it was to beat revenant/heralds in duels which is not surprising since revenants are boon heavy and condi weak. On top of that you were forced to use your utilities and your shroud abilities. Plus you have a set of traits used as well. So the only thing you showed is that half a build can beat revenants in duels.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Shala.8352

and you say “only”?? XD XD XD Aniway most of the revenants kills was whitout reaper shroud. Most of the time i used reaper, was to defende myself. You want also a screen showing the number of my necro games? it’s 0, man XD XD XD XD. Necro so braindeath XD XD XD XD
Aniway as i said, if you can do this with any other class by just winning autoattack and 3 utility, make a video in response!

Btw i killed also mesmer, thief, ranger, well i wont count the warrior cuz… he run away, and aniway warrior sux against anithing so XD XD. The only class i couldnt beat was ele, and only if he run full healing cleric meta.

If even this video wasnt enough, well what i have to say… people are getting carried to diamong thx to this class, so off course they will defend it in any possible way XD XD XD XD.

Still i repeat, was so fun making this troll video^^

in PvP

Tim.6450

and you say “only”?? XD XD XD Aniway most of the revenants kills was whitout reaper shroud. Most of the time i used reaper, was to defende myself. You want also a screen showing the number of my necro games? it’s 0, man XD XD XD XD. Necro so braindeath XD XD XD XD
Aniway as i said, if you can do this with any other class by just winning autoattack and 3 utility, make a video in response!

Btw i killed also mesmer, thief, ranger, well i wont count the warrior cuz… he run away, and aniway warrior sux against anithing so XD XD. The only class i couldnt beat was ele, and only if he run full healing cleric meta.

If even this video wasnt enough, well what i have to say… people are getting carried to diamong thx to this class, so off course they will defend it in any possible way XD XD XD XD.

Yes, I say only beacause pvp is more about winning duels. How fast you win fights, team support, rotations,… all these are important parts of pvp which have costs. Also you fought one ranger using a very outdated build and a mesmer with one strange build.
Also vids can be manipulated to prove your point better.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Shala.8352

Yes, I say only beacause pvp is more about winning duels. How fast you win fights, team support, rotations,… all these are important parts of pvp which have costs. Also you fought one ranger using a very outdated build and a mesmer with one strange build.

i understand what you are telling me.
No matter how many proofs i bring you, if you dont want to admit it you wont.

Is like with my weakened eviscerate screen, where you can still see the intelligence sigil active and the 82% dmg reduction. Talking about weakness, watching the video i saw i ate an entire UA from Imi, and with no dmg reduction, i got a total of 3200 dmg … weakness is not OP.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Given those Heralds all camped Glint…I can safely say they were bad. Especially when they all revealed themselves to have Shiro equipped which would mean you had no chance in hell of kiting them if they actually used him. The couple that were using axe offhand never used Frigid Blitz to get on you.

TLDR: You showcased a bunch of fights involving people going double melee weapons and then not using their gap closers. Hell, you showcased people running double melee trying to kite you. When you’re doing that, of course you win.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Tim.6450

Is like with my weakened eviscerate screen, where you can still see the intelligence sigil active and the 82% dmg reduction. Talking about weakness, watching the video i saw i ate an entire UA from Imi, and with no dmg reduction, i got a total of 3200 dmg … weakness is not OP.

Which moment in the fight you got a lot of fight with Imi after all ( my suspicion is 6:45).

EverythingOP

in PvP

Shala.8352

Given those Heralds all camped Glint…I can safely say they were bad. Especially when they all revealed themselves to have Shiro equipped which would mean you had no chance in hell of kiting them if they actually used him. The couple that were using axe offhand never used Frigid Blitz to get on you.

TLDR: You showcased a bunch of fights involving people going double melee weapons and then not using their gap closers. When you’re doing that, of course you win.

watch the video more carefull. They tried to use Frigid bliz, i always dodged it or blinded it or feared them. Differently from necro player average who have no sense of timing, i main warrior XD XD, i know what is dodging and timing hits.
They also used Shiro, you are not rlly watching enough. Their first teleport result on a autofear, then from there they are always weakened and chilled, while i have 25% more speed movement traits (a totaly no needed trait for a ranged class), and kiting result easy, especialy cuz everytime they try to put swiftness i use the win button Corrupt Boon utility. You are not watching carefull the fights, are you a necro? XD XD I ask cuz, usualy necro dont observ match opponents movement/skills and dont have a decent timing, since they are focused on just spam and survive^^
Aniway, a normal necro would have used his reaper form if you even dare to come close to him, or just swap to staff and spam some random aoe on him, or just use skill 2 and 3 or wharorn or whatever you prefer XD XD XD.
Stop trying to defende something you cant defend. Go play against those revenant, kill them with any other class by just spamming autoattack, then you will be able to come back here and tell me they are bad :P

in PvP

Shala.8352

Which moment in the fight you got a lot of fight with Imi after all ( my suspicion is 6:45).

Read the description on the video. I already explained there i won 50% of the match i did, but that i could won much more if i abused reaper shroud. Still i gathered 5 hours of duels, this means i also won much more duels than the ones i showed. Aniway, to me even winning just one single match with just autoattack spam is more than enough to show unbalance issues…

(edited by Shala.8352)

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Boon corrupt on auto is somewhat okay in the scheme of things... Looking at how ANet has added so much cc and stability to classes compared to how it was only a year ago. I much preffered the simpler, less bloated combat of last year; it felt like strategy, mechanical skill, communication and coordination counted for more. But ANet is ANet, and here we are.

It should, however, require traiting into. It shouldn’t be a free buff. Perhaps it would be better implemented by adding the effect to the lingering corruption trait or whatever it is called, at grandmaster tier in curses. That being said, a lot of things shouldn’t have been free buffs and is the reason the game is in this mess. One might say this is simply necro’s turn to be afforded that treatment.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Tim.6450

Read the description on the video. I already explained there i won 50% of the match i did, but that i could won much more if i abused reaper shroud. Still i gathered 5 hours of duels, this means i also won much more duels than the ones i showed. Aniway, to me even winning just one single match with just autoattack spam is more than enough to show unbalance issues…

So what part did you eat the UA and took only 3200 damage, that was my question. You did say you saw it in the video and I ask the moment of that UA.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Tim.6450

while i have 25% more speed movement traits

The one you have is never active when you are kiting.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

1. You had no speed buffs. You had no dagger, so Quickening Thirst was out. You did not have Signet of the Locust. You had no sources of Swiftness, and you didn’t use Shroud (usually) so no Speed of Shadows. So no, Shiro would have been able to stick to you like glue. Phase Traversal has no cooldown and Impossible Odds’ super speed would have overriden the movement penalty from cripple/chill. But they camped Glint instead and largely didn’t use Phase Traversal.

2. You never used Feast of Corruption, so it was a safe bet that Shroud was out of the question, since you didn’t generate life force (Spectral Armor is easy to play around). You talk about observing skills, yet you assume opponents can’t do the same. Closing the gap would have been perfectly safe and actually allowed them to hurt you.

3. Corrupt Boon would have been worthless if they weren’t trying to camp Glint. Shiro doesn’t generate meaningful boons to corrupt.

I do main Necro. I watch skills very carefully, since I only have two dodges and nothing else to prevent being hit. They just didn’t use Frigid Blitz usually. I saw you actually dodge one cast and get hit by another, but I saw Temporal Rift on a lot more opponents than Frigid Blitz.

You had a bunch of double-melee enemies not trying to close the gap and even trying to kite you. These same enemies are very weak to conditions normally. All this video proves is that stupid people die to stupid things.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Shala.8352

1. You had no speed buffs. You had no dagger, so Quickening Thirst was out. You did not have Signet of the Locust. You had no sources of Swiftness, and you didn’t use Shroud (usually) so no Speed of Shadows. So no, Shiro would have been able to stick to you like glue. Phase Traversal has no cooldown and Impossible Odds’ super speed would have overriden the movement penalty from cripple/chill. But they camped Glint instead and largely didn’t use Phase Traversal.

2. You never used Feast of Corruption, so it was a safe bet that Shroud was out of the question, since you didn’t generate life force (Spectral Armor is easy to play around). You talk about observing skills, yet you assume opponents can’t do the same. Closing the gap would have been perfectly safe and actually allowed them to hurt you.

3. Corrupt Boon would have been worthless if they weren’t trying to camp Glint. Shiro doesn’t generate meaningful boons to corrupt.

I do main Necro. I watch skills very carefully, since I only have two dodges and nothing else to prevent being hit. They just didn’t use Frigid Blitz usually. I saw you actually dodge one cast and get hit by another, but I saw Temporal Rift on a lot more opponents than Frigid Blitz.

You had a bunch of double-melee enemies not trying to close the gap and even trying to kite you. These same enemies are very weak to conditions normally. All this video proves is that stupid people die to stupid things.

wanna come duel my scepter spam? go pick a revenant and lets go^^
Contact me in game, we make 10 duel, if you even lose one i want you to come back to this forum and teell that scepter autoattack is not broken XD

I want to see how usefull will be your close gap skills, while i just keep spamming condi on you, and your UA is doing 3200 XD.

(edited by Shala.8352)

in PvP

Shala.8352

So what part did you eat the UA and took only 3200 damage, that was my question. You did say you saw it in the video and I ask the moment of that UA.

3:40 (2673 dmg recieved in total from a complete UA) and 6:48 (3513 dmg recieved from complete UA). Ye sure i had protection, still the dmg reduction from weakness is ridicoulous.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Maybe once I play Revenant as more than just a “I guess I need to get the elite spec unlocked. Again” character, I’ll take you up on the challenge. I know I’m not a good Revenant player. I also know that it does struggle with Condi Necro.

But you know what? It did that ever since Demonic Defiance gained an ICD. This isn’t something new because of the Scepter buffs. This is from Revenant being godawful at dealing with conditions.

As for the Unrelenting Assault, Protection alone accounted for ~1700 damage reduction. Assuming Maurader’s Amulet with Fury and no additional Ferocity or crit chance, the Weakness on average was a 35% damage reduction. Stronger than Protection, yes, but not immensely so.

Again, the effective damage reduction of Weakness scales with crit chance and crit damage.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Who stands around AAing? Its semi rare to get the full 3 off. You are way over estimating its usefulness.

Actually, thats not entirely true. I used to think the way you did but once you get a +1 (or even when you aren’t focused in a evenly matched fight) the AA is tremendously powerful. Think about it. You are giving out free corrupts without blowing any CD.

in PvP

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

Flavor of the month folks, let us have some time in the sun . Never has necro been considered OP before, it’s always just been pretty solid and well balanced. Pretty much every class has been a ridiculous bandwagon for noobs at some point in time (except for maybe ranger) and complaining about an slow auto attack chain corrupt when DH can sit in a bunch of traps that have no visible tell and daze you to the point where you can’t even use your stability skills (IF you have them which necro doesn’t except for shroud and elite shout (good luck trying to get that off)and get’s stripped instantly ) to get out of the stupid little fences they rain down on you in a massive aoe that never even render… cmon.
Not to mention all the other OP stuff goin on now for other classes, a single boon corruption on a slow auto chain is really small potatoes and the fact that people are crying over it is silly. your stabs getting ripped too easily? what about a DP thief spamming headshot? or a mesmer simply shattering on you? There is/has been/always will be super cheese builds out there and necro scepter the smallest of the small.

in PvP

Posted by: CrAzY.3275

CrAzY.3275

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Necro’d a thread on Necro

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Jugnificent.2061

Jugnificent.2061

NON PROJECTILE RANGED CONDITION APPLICATION.

Not only is there zero counterplay options besides los, IT’S THE STRONGEST ranged condition application. only thing that comes close to application or burst is engi p/p

Get a brain and fix 2 of 3 things minimum. Projectiles, Strength, Free corruption

There should never be a SINGLE AUTO ATTACK that applies 3 seperate conditions.

I think this may be the first time in the history of GW2 that scepter auto-attack was associated with burst damage. Have you actually played a condi necro? They can do a bit of burst, but it isn’t from scepter auto attack.

Floopster
Tarnished Coast